News: A Minute with Marco

I've got a minute

So, I though it was important to say, thanks for the interview, but:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psGwppW6h7c[/YOUTUBE]

And then skill nerfs, cloth decay and necessity to keep it in full tt, foot-guards, amp nerfs, prices going sky high on unlimited stuff... unlimited stuff (good stuff) being removed from lootpool... etc, etc...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :p

dont forget the changes to paint,texture extractors and the equip armor decay due to "lag"

yep...thats where it all went wrong, that and the "investment friendly" EULA

and i think its going to take alot to undo the damage..

They want to be known as the online game, not the virtual universe that MindArk is building. The game-play and storyline is in focus.

- We're not making a virtual world. We don’t have the same outlook. We're making a game, and we want to give the user the colonist MMO experience. Colonist being the key.

Calypso won’t be alone in the universe much longer. The planet partners are readying their launch, but that isn’t a concern.

So thats it, the 'Virtual World of Project Entropia' is no more!

The Real World Economy is also dead, it's a game, no wonder i've been out of business for 3 months now. In the real world I could sue them but this is only a game not a virtual world.

O well any investement is a gamble, mabe one of the other planets will be a virtual world with a real world economy and not a game. Once MA gets the code converted to CE2 for my chairs mabe i can move to another planet.

A planet where I can invest thousends of ped in a real world economy, because i dont invest in a game, i'll pay 15-20 bucks a month for a game but i wont invest thousands.

Thanks for the honesty and straightening things out on the future direction of Planet Calipso Marco, good luck with your conspiracies and play factories and enjoy your game.​

So thats it, the 'Virtual World of Project Entropia' is no more!

The Real World Economy is also dead, it's a game, no wonder i've been out of business for 3 months now. In the real world I could sue them but this is only a game not a virtual world.

O well any investement is a gamble, mabe one of the other planets will be a virtual world with a real world economy and not a game. Once MA gets the code converted to CE2 for my chairs mabe i can move to another planet.

A planet where I can invest thousends of ped in a real world economy, because i dont invest in a game, i'll pay 15-20 bucks a month for a game but i wont invest thousands.

Thanks for the honesty and straightening things out on the future direction of Planet Calipso Marco, good luck with your conspiracies and play factories and enjoy your game.

U dont know what u talking about...
You have lots of oppurtunitiies to buy cnd, shoops, malls, banks and you dont invest now you seeing in not real cash economy why?
Show me another game like this one

Finally read the interview...feels like it is going to be some sort of sim game/life experience place or ? in the future..kinda sounds boring with factories and all...kinda hoped for some other sorts of activities..

So can we expect Factories to = Sweat Shops..where noobs spend days to make a pec :)

and the owners reap the rewards....

Nice to see that they are planning a quest type system for Newer players, least that might keep em around longer than the current sweating system does.

Looking forward to the changes :laugh:

Any other universe with so much known flaws and problems would never have left dev sandbox.

And now the intention is to turn in into a game (after saying the same PR alinea for years clamining it wasn't a game) ? You do realize that the last few years MA has severly damaged Entropia's reputation to the extent that's it's nearly classified as scam and will never be considered a "serious" player in this market ?

Any other universe with so much known flaws and problems would never have left dev sandbox.

And now the intention is to turn in into a game (after saying the same PR alinea for years clamining it wasn't a game) ? You do realize that the last few years MA has severely damaged Entropia's reputation to the extent that's it's nearly classified as scam and will never be considered a "serious" player in this market ?

You do realize that that's what all the yelling and screaming on EF for the past few years has been all about?

Last edited:
I can't get around this one... only thing I can come up with is that they could make skills lootable instead of attained while doing a profession. That way you almost always have loot (skills), with no additional costs for MA.
But a 'new layer' it's not... hmmm very curious about it.

Stackables with 0 TT value in loot would be my guess for a new layer.

how about the new stackables that have 0 ped tt value have a bonus

to the mob hunted.

100 of new item = 1% decrease in dmg from mob
1000 of new item = 2% decrease in dmg from mob

10,000 of new item = 3% decrease in dmg from mob

etc etc Obviosly noone is gonna have 100 to the 101st power of items.

Someone get that picture off, it's enough he is in my pocket now he is in my dreams too!:D

Stackables with 0 TT value in loot would be my guess for a new layer.

yep, just another type of sweat that can only be looted. I'll be plesently surprised if its anything else.

And No use for Pets :(

"The mid-level players seem to always be forgotten, I know, but we want to make sure that does not happen."

goto love that one..sry years ago..a mid level avatar could loot just about anything in game. now a mid level avatar like me cant even loot a 104 amp..meaning because i dont own uber guns or armor. i cant hunt the emons that drop lets say the sga 104 amp.FAP 90's..ect. players that kill thees dont need A DAM 104 AMP..but players in the mid range do. you can get one IF u buy IT from them. At sky-rocketed price.:mad:. If u want them..hence THE RICH GET RICHER..AN THE MID-LEVEL PLAYERS carry the fat hogs on there backs..JUST LIKE RL:eek:

EDIT: just an exsample above.but get the idea;)

MARCO bring back the loot of items to all mobs BIG or small..the idea of being able to loot big items from ALL mobs is what got me playing this game 7 years ago. now i dont stand a chance in hell of looting anything that will help my avatar progress anymore..unless i dump a shyt load of money into game..AND BUY IT. WTF fun is that?..:scratch2:

Hi JAZZ, nice to see you're still around :)

Yea, I do remember that myself. I also remember that the 104's were basically tt-food since you'd get one for every longu hunt and they were impossible to get sold, at least for any price worth mentioning. I really wish I didn't TT them now :laugh: ...but its easy to be smart after the fact!

But yes, Eomon is an annual event mob, as you know, and its easy to bypass not being able to hunt them: team up!
They're pretty easy to take down in team, the stupid meatballs ;)

ya skam it been awail..but im still playing that says somthing for PE..and ill never call it anything else..:)
theres been good times and bad..but im still here again that says alot..:)
thaxs for the rememberance..:) not to many around it got very small but still a GREAT game never the less..CHEERS..:)

I been playing for more then 4 years I never see Marco leying but I see many many times doing the wrong things with game.
I think we community are the unique way to improve and call more people to playing.
We should have more respect from Marco and any change with game should be ask for us before change something. Nobody whants more improve this game then the older players.
Please Marco before you make changes ask us what we think.

The game is making money and that's most important...old players aren't a number one priority but money always is...

Hmm i'm not sure why people are saying factories would be another boring and useless aspect of the game, there are plenty of ways to make it interesting.

Put a cap on how long you can work a factory per day, maybe 1 hour or something, Also with a skill on it, you can have different kinds of machines, some requireing a higher skill level, thus paying more than lower level machines, And if you have a different variety of machines, people can specialize in different area's, creating a demand for specialized workers that can get paid even more for their work.

A new player can log in each day and do some work at the factory, get paid maybe 1 or 2 peds, and afterwards go and pick up some TPs, maybe sweat some creatures a bit, after a week or two of this, they will have a decent starting amount, be able to buy a weapon and such, and do some hunts, there factory skill level will be more advanced too, so they could be getting paid more at the factory, allowing them to go on a hunt every so often.

I could go on with tons of different possibilities with factories, of course the big thing is they need to implent them in some way. But it could be a very useful aspect. One of the biggest issues with Retention is people want to 'survive' in the game without paying some people are successful at it now, But with more things like factories, it will be easier to survive, encouraging people to stick around, and many of them will deposit once they master the opalo or some of the other starting weapons.

"The mid-level players seem to always be forgotten, I know, but we want to make sure that does not happen."

goto love that one..sry years ago..a mid level avatar could loot just about anything in game. now a mid level avatar like me cant even loot a 104 amp..meaning because i dont own uber guns or armor. i cant hunt the emons that drop lets say the sga 104 amp.FAP 90's..ect. players that kill thees dont need A DAM 104 AMP..but players in the mid range do. you can get one IF u buy IT from them. At sky-rocketed price.:mad:. If u want them..hence THE RICH GET RICHER..AN THE MID-LEVEL PLAYERS carry the fat hogs on there backs..JUST LIKE RL:eek:

EDIT: just an exsample above.but get the idea;)

MARCO bring back the loot of items to all mobs BIG or small..the idea of being able to loot big items from ALL mobs is what got me playing this game 7 years ago. now i dont stand a chance in hell of looting anything that will help my avatar progress anymore..unless i dump a shyt load of money into game..AND BUY IT. WTF fun is that?..:scratch2:

I am completely agree with this post! However your post will be never answered for Marco by himself.. :rolleyes:

Hmm i'm not sure why people are saying factories would be another boring and useless aspect of the game, there are plenty of ways to make it interesting.
But with more things like factories, it will be easier to survive, encouraging people to stick around, and many of them will deposit once they master the opalo or some of the other starting weapons.

Oh! How many ways there were to make banks useful and interesting! And we have... what we have.
That's why people are not so optimistic about factories. And the idea is great, but not for the current state of eu, the market is too small even for a few crafters, not to mention factories, which are meant to produce lots of stuff. Also there is no intention for owners to hire crafters for the most of the low end stuff as it doesn't pay, unless MA will figure out an ingenious business model for factories.

Last edited:
Back