How fast are you downloading?

Killahbee

Marauder
Society
illuminox
Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
How fast are you downloading the new VU atm?
Mine goes at 700 KB/sec (1 hour remaining)

Regards,

using the torrent through the CL I'm getting anywhere from 160kb to 20kb

748kB/s here through the conventional update method.

Quite slow :(
I guess teh servers bandwidth isn't sufficient for all those people downloading :D cause my connection can handle at least 8x faster.

this DNA download thingy is poorly made... I don't even think it has a seed option after you have finished the download... Anyway speed varies from 20kb to 7.8mb/s largest spike

All done in 20mins...good enough for me, for now;)

1,75 MB/s using the traditional method

1.07mb using traditional method,, was slow at 280kb with torrent.

and a Japanese will come with his 1gb/s speed line (yes, that technology is being developed and tested in Japan, China and England) and will get it in 3 sec ? :p All in theory but still he will have to wait for the DT :)

Is this just a piss off all the people with slow connections thread? cause its fucking working :)))

Perhaps you need to put more Fosters into your connection filter Butch or maybe some hot Aussie beach babe to caress the cables. Trade either with you for a faster connection :)

Perhaps you need to put more Fosters into your connection filter Butch or maybe some hot Aussie beach babe to caress the cables. Trade either with you for a faster connection :)

Aussies dont drink Fosters thats why we export it :silly2:

over 3,2 MB/s, read the VU10.3 thread while downloading, when i reached the last post at the time, the download was complete :)

Aussies dont drink Fosters thats why we export it :silly2:

If its not good, you can send all you want over here :)

Getting 773kBps here in the US. Remember the uppercase B means bytes not bits guys so those of you looking at 800kBps are really getting around 6.4Mbps :silly2:

Anything normally but Fosters is just an inside joke we play on the rest of the world :silly2:

So are American beers popular at all there? Just curious...

Possibly with some but not with anyone I know mostly because they are imported and have extra taxes they cost more and generally have a lower alcohol content than the local stuff so its kinda just for those that want to be different.(ie: Trendy wankers :silly2: )

Thats not to say we dont like all imports but things like Bud and Coors just arent really worth the extra $.

A lot of European imports are popular.

1.2 mb with that DNA stuff...
But it does not start in my Utorent...
Its sad , i am oki to seed it for 1 or 2 day...

The point of torrent system is to share... and it does not seems that system my use is sharing , so what is the point to use that ?

I usually download new updates at around 8-10 MB/s

I live in Sweden with 100/10 internet connection

The point of torrent system is to share... and it does not seems that system my use is sharing , so what is the point to use that ?

I dno oO
Good point tho, my download speed was 10x slower using the torrent..
So just using the regular now at 700KB/sec

Wife would never let me visit Australia,, she know I wouldnt come back :) Up to 1.25MB/s

Already downloaded and installed it! LAN card showed around 15-17% of load. Dunno about exact speed :p. It took ca 30-40min to downloat it.

Back