Agains Rules to talk about stations outside Entropia radio?

Status

Stave

Deactivated Account
On a forum that aparently isnt allowed to be mentioned on here, there is a thread about a radio station that is not part of entropia radio.

it says that they are not allowed to mention this station on ef.

So does this mean that unless a station is part of 711's entopia radio its against the rules to say anything about it on ef?

am no longer allowed to mention my show or the station on EF since it is not hosted by entropia radio. I have been sent the Message from 711 alerting me to this.

If you would like a direct link to this, pm me and ill be happy to get it to you outside of ef. Not my rules, but since thats what 711 wants, thats what 711 will get.

Now is it just me or doesnmt it sound wrong that just because its not hosted by 711 it is "Against the rules" to mention on ef, or link to?

What if i decide to make a event with Entropia tour Agency and have that station have something to do with it? Does that mean that i will be unable to give the people here the links they would need to get the most out of this event?

Let me know what you think.

Stave

There is nothing in the rules of this forum that prohibits mentioning news, services, soc sites etc that are about EU.

Unless the sites listed go against the rules set out for this forum.

But this is largely a very subjective view by those that run this forum, as to what they allow and what they dont.

They allow links to other sites that have content that is "not good" for the image of EU, but disallow links to an EU Radio Station?

On what grounds other than your radio station is not hosted on EF servers??

Is that the only reason or was another given?

I know both radio station and forum you are talking about and as I see it 711 is maybe a bit threatened by this forum because it is a forum about all the future planets, and he has not (yet) implemented this on his forum and therefor he's afraid to loose his 'monopoly' on the EU forums. So, I am very interested what 711 has to say about this and what will happen to this threat :)

Rules of this forum I think are becoming incredibly difficult to cope with. Surely life doesn't have to be this hard. Why are we making it impossible to communicate by censoring so much. Surely the whole point of a forum is to discuss and communicate.

When does censorship become too much? :scratch2:

When will people have their freedom and liberties to talk openly?

There is nothing in the rules of this forum that prohibits mentioning news, services, soc sites etc that are about EU.

Unless the sites listed go against the rules set out for this forum.

But this is largely a very subjective view by those that run this forum, as to what they allow and what they dont.

They allow links to other sites that have content that is "not good" for the image of EU, but disallow links to an EU Radio Station?

On what grounds other than your radio station is not hosted on EF servers??

Is that the only reason or was another given?

Its not my station, its something that came after ahr. so tbh i only know what has been put out publicly

You've got free speech...

You've got free speech... Just because a forum admin wants to block certain things from being posted in his forums, and really does not want to link his site to others with similar domain names to give them higher google rankings, while he is paying the bandwidth for all of it does not mean you still don't have free speech. You are absolutely free to go visit whatever forum your internet browser will allow you to visit... ;)

(Whether you can talk MA|FPC in to being active participants of those other forums like they are here, especially since the link to this one is in the client loader up at the top - well, now that's another story all together, lol...)

Last edited:
The radio station in question is not, according to its operator, an Entropia Universe-related station, and thus has no place being promoted or advertised here on EntropiaForum. I discussed the issue with the owner and operator of the station on MSN when the station was first launched, and he explained that the station was not created as a radio station for the EU community.

Then again, you know this very well. Your only goal in creating this thread was simply to stir up controversy, rather than actually find out why promotion of a particular radio station is prohibited (otherwise you would have just sent me a private message inquiring about the situation).

If you have any further questions about the administration of EntropiaForum, please contact me directly via PM rather than creating a thread.

Forum Rules said:
2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism
Criticism of these forum rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content WILL BE DELETED without notice. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to contact the Forum Staff. If you are unclear about the purpose or interpretation of one of the forum rules, either contact an administrator via private message, or consult the EntropiaForum Rules Discussion thread.

:locked:

Status
Back