Beginners Guide

Awesome guide! Thank you for the help! :wtg:

Indeed. Though I have not started the game yet, I will be sometime tomorrow, and this guide has been a great help in giving me a direction to go in when I start. Very nice, cant wait to start. :D

As a chipped out, returning player (After 6 years) I have been rather disorientated by all of the new things. This is rather alien the PE I used to love and I had no idea where I could begin, but this guide has at least given me lots ideas to start with, so thanks! :beerchug:

I'll have to quit uni and get a job to be able to get back to where I was before :laugh:

As a chipped out, returning player (After 6 years) I have been rather disorientated by all of the new things. This is rather alien the PE I used to love and I had no idea where I could begin, but this guide has at least given me lots ideas to start with, so thanks! :beerchug:

I'll have to quit uni and get a job to be able to get back to where I was before :laugh:

Hey good luck on the restart!

Lots of small updates today.
Added the new starter missions instructions and goals.
Changed starting hunting instructions and armor recommendation based on a herd of Snablesnots now being near Swamp Camp.
Reworded or clarified language in several sections.

If anyone see's anything else that can be improved, please let me know.

Several new players have asked about Tiers. So I thought it was time to add a note about it to this guide.
Here is what I put in section 2:
Ignore the messages that your weapon or armor has gone up in "tier" level.
Tiers are unimportant for now.

Here is what I put in section 4:
At this point adding enhancers to items is still not cost effective for
the beginning player. So it doesn't matter how fast your weapon tiers up if
you don't intend on putting enhancers on it.
If you want to use enhancers on your items you need to have tier boxes
unlocked. The better the tier rate the faster it reaches the next level and
the box unlocks. If you are only going to use one enhancer, look for a tier
rate over 1000 on just level 1, that is very good. And an overall tier sum of
10000 is excellent. Unfortunately the tier rate given to an item is random.
So if you are buying a TT item and it has a poor tier rate, sell it back to
the tt and buy another.

If anyone has any better ideas about tier levels for new players, please let me know.

the teir rates you decribed in the above post only exist on (L) items, so for items from the TT you won't be seeing 1k+ tier rates. For an UL item I usually look for 160+ the highest I've seen (and I've spent a decent bit of time looking) was 192. Given that, I'd assume there's a 200ish cap for unlimited items but that's simply conjecture on my part.

Just figured I'd save some noobs a lot of time buying and selling items in TT looking for those 1,000 tier increase rates =p

Thank you Zorander for your information. I forgot to put that in. I fixed the guide to reflect what you said. +Rep.

I am working on a huge update, trying to reorganize this guide to a more logical sequence. Please, if anyone has any suggestions send them.

Hmm update for the gateway :D Gateway is fun :eek:

so many changes lately. Hopefully I'll have time to finish writing my updates this weekend. :)

ok, huge update
I had it almost done and then they announced the gateway :)

summary:
1. finished adding table of contents and updating goals
2. rewrote the paragraph on mining to add more detail
3. completely reorganized everything to be in a more logical order (especially the hunting info)
4. added a new first section for the gateway
5. lots and lots of rewording for clarity

I put a lot of time into this update, so please look this over, and if I missed something let me know

+ Rep for guide :). Keep em coming hehe.

I rewrote several paragraphs in the Advanced Hunting section to encourage new players to stick to one weapon type after they get a feel for what is available. And added that as a goal.
Yet I left the argument for players to skill on all SIB weapons too. But to do either efficiently and economically.

Also many small changes, like renumbering of sections and titles.

I am still on vacation, but had several hours with nothing to do :)

I dont agree with this guide.

Nice guide, but sometimes a little bit too basic...
But then again: it's ment for beginners, so maybe that's just about right !

Eva Lynn,
I have been wrong before about things, and have changed the guide to fix them. I am open to suggestions, and I actually listen. Sometimes I have to put two points of view into the guide to accommodate two ideas of how to do something. That is ok too.
But to just say that you don't agree with the guide doesn't tell me anything relevant.
It could mean that you don't like the font I used for all I know.
If you would be kind enough to clarify, I will listen to your suggestions.

Alice has best guides try looking after some at her. ;)

Dear StrongHyper,

I agree, Alice does have some really good guides. That is why I added a link in my guide to her big guide.
If will notice, this is a much shorter guide written specifically to help new players. Whereas, Alice's guide is very long and covers everything, in a good way. I have no intention of rewriting my guide to be like hers.
So, sir, if you have any constructive criticism to make this guide better, I would be glad to hear it. And I will consider any good points you make and include them in my guide. But you told me nothing, other than you like Alice's guide better.

Dear StrongHyper,

I agree, Alice does have some really good guides. That is why I added a link in my guide to her big guide.
If will notice, this is a much shorter guide written specifically to help new players. Whereas, Alice's guide is very long and covers everything, in a good way. I have no intention of rewriting my guide to be like hers.
So, sir, if you have any constructive criticism to make this guide better, I would be glad to hear it. And I will consider any good points you make and include them in my guide. But you told me nothing, other than you like Alice's guide better.

I didn't tell anything yes I agree , cause she explains most of the things :ahh:

post is now a pm as requested by op

Last edited:
Since the original post is quite old I'm wondering if the Emik S30 (L) BLP Pistol is still the most economical weapon to start with?

I'm a miner and looking to get at least some weapon skill to be able to take out easier mobs that get in my way.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you

A small point, but worth mentioning:

The OP refers to buying mind essence from the TT to power TP chips. This doesn't work; the ME available from TT is synthetic ME and can only be used for mindforce attack chips. The ME for TP chips is just called Mind Essence and can be bought from shops, auction or street sellers.

A small point, but worth mentioning:

The OP refers to buying mind essence from the TT to power TP chips. This doesn't work; the ME available from TT is synthetic ME and can only be used for mindforce attack chips. The ME for TP chips is just called Mind Essence and can be bought from shops, auction or street sellers.
At this point, I'd rather feed oil into an aircraft so I can see where the troxies are before I land.

Since the original post is quite old I'm wondering if the Emik S30 (L) BLP Pistol is still the most economical weapon to start with?

I'm a miner and looking to get at least some weapon skill to be able to take out easier mobs that get in my way.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you
s30 is still as awesome as it ever was, and for the same reasons as ever: it's decently fast to equip, and it only uses half the ammo an Opalo uses. That said, the most economical weapon to start with is either the Opalo or the Kiwio - I am very nearly convinced that the Opalo is still the best. I don't know much about the Kiwio because I'm having too much fun mixing m1a(maxed+a101), opalo(+a101), s30, axe 2x, and (when I have some extra peds) my J 4 :laugh: no time to try a Kiwio

Per entropedia, not counting skills:
Skildek Pulverizer, no amp: 1.333 damage per pec
Mann Mph dlxE, no amp: 1.504 damage per pec
Opalo, no amp: 2.752 damage per pec, 4.1 damage per sec
Kiwio, no amp: 2.832 damage per pec, 2.7 damage per sec
Opalo+a101 amp: 2.861 damage per pec, 5.6 damage per sec
Emik s30 (L), no amp: 2.870 damage per pec
A-3 Justifier Mk.II Improved Ancient + a101 amp: 3.277 damage per pec

The same page also says Jester D-1 is a slightly faster Opalo - so the figures could be wrong.

Last edited:
Mann Mph dlxE, no amp: 1.504 damage per pec

This is the gun you should never buy. The only possible use for it is to conduct an experiment on costs vs loot. Apart from weapons collectors, there is no reason for anybody to own this gun. While it does the same dps as opalo, it does so at an outrageous cost of using 500 ammo / shot and decaying 26 times more than opalo.

The same page also says Jester D-1 is a slightly faster Opalo - so the figures could be wrong.

No, the figures are right. At level 100, Jester D1 is a slightly faster (and slightly higher dps) opalo. Unless you tell it what levels to use for the numbers, it will use 100 hit / 100 damage, where all weapons max.

Oopsie, my bad. Here are the same selection with my m1a-level (the next laser carbine after the Opalo) skills:

Skildek Pulverizer, no amp: 0.136 damage per pec :laugh: (my lack of skill drops it so, so low)
Umbranoid Warped Axe (L): 0.529 damage per sec
GeoTreok H1051 Kisf, no amp: 0.766 damage per pec
Isis LR65 (L), no amp: 1.053 damage per pec :laugh: (no pvp for me)
Mann Mph dlxE, no amp: 1.128 damage per pec
Jester D-1, no amp: 2.071 damage per pec, 3.2 damage per sec
Jester D-1 + a101 amp: 2.153 damage per pec, 4.4 damage per sec
RepEdge Axe 2x: 2.278 damage pec, 10.3 damage per sec (my molisk harvester)
Emik s30 (L), no amp: 2.511 damage per pec
Loughlin Cutter One: 2.535 damage per pec
Road Crew Axe (L) Brutal: 2.576 damage per pec
Emik s30, no amp: 2.557 damage per pec (the unlimited s30)
A-3 Justifier Mk.II Improved Ancient + a101 amp: 2.466 damage per pec
Ozutsu Ichi(L), no amp: 2.700 damage per pec
Opalo, no amp: 2.752 damage per pec, 4.1 damage per sec
Fire of Hel (L), no amp: 2.830 damage per pec
Kiwio, no amp: 2.832 damage per pec, 2.7 damage per sec
Opalo+a101 amp: 2.861 damage per pec, 5.6 damage per sec

A couple differences there from my skills being so low :wise:
As you can see, the Jester D-1 is NOT for newbies.

Last edited:
hey all, sorry that I have been missing for the last couple of months,
Some of you know that my job sent me overseas for most of the last year, and that I have been having laptop problems for a while.
I am soooooo glad to finally be home, and back to a decent computer.
I will get around to updating this guide in the next couple of weeks and catching up with friends ingame.
I appreciate all the suggestions that have recently come in, thank you.
If you have anything that needs changing or adding to this guide please PM me or add it here.
Please be patient a little longer, I take my time writing and researching. At least I have some time to work on this again this week :)
Thanks again.

Welcome back Fuega =P I've been following your guide since i started which was about 1 week ago -_-

A couple differences there from my skills being so low :wise:

Not sure what the point of that list is? Because really, for most of those your skills will be even lower. To actaully get a sensible list, you need to restrict it to "laser". Your blp skills will be lower and your support weapons / melee skills are probably nonexistent if you have just used laser carbines.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you

The kiwio mkII (L) (available in the new arrivals section of the tt) is by far the most economical weapon to start with now. It has better base eco than opalo and other tt weapons, and maxes out much faster.

Back