Miss Calypso 2010 FAIL

Aly you seem like you know how it should be maybe you could look into running the show next year :D
i so agree with you there 100%

lol most probably think i dont know what im talking about lol and its true most the time i like to go with the flow just say things as they come up hehehe

anyways have fun :D

Aly you seem like you know how it should be maybe you could look into running the show next year :D
i so agree with you there 100%

:laugh: Not a chance!
This is one of the ONLY events in EU that my EU 'skills' suit, I'd hate to have to write off competing entirely ;)

lol most probably think i dont know what im talking about lol and its true most the time i like to go with the flow just say things as they come up hehehe

Pffft don't beleive a word of it!
You're almost as bad with the virtual fashion madness as I am! :D

Cheers :beerchug:,

Aly

Last edited:
:laugh: Not a chance!
This is one of the ONLY events in EU that my EU skills suit, I'd hate to have to write off competing entirely ;)

Pffft don't beleive a word of it!
You're almost as bad with the virtual fashion madness as I am! :D

Aly

LOL just a thought :D:D:D

yeh when it comes to getting to make the clothes and having all the textures there in game i love it, i just wish i could do it in R.L i really do love this kinda stuff :shower::shower::shower: i think if i put the time in maybe next year i can pull off something for the show......

"Aly if i fail to get my ass moving lol get your whip out"
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

i think if i put the time in maybe next year i can pull off something for the show......

"Aly if i fail to get my ass moving lol get your whip out"
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ooooh don't tempt me! You know you'll never hear the end of it! :D

Honestly tho, would love to see you give next years event a go.. and as always, my av's wardrobe is overflowing with dust collectors which you are always welcome to if they help :)

Oooooops :offtopic: :silly2: (But nice to see some friendlier posts in the thread ;) )

Aly

WARNING: ESSAY ALERT (Coffee/Drink and 10 minutes spare required :D)

and this is a short one believe me :))

But it is certainly nice to see ideas and input rather than complaining.

I have a feeling next years will be quite the spectacular.

gl

Reactions: Aly
Aly I think your suggestions for the scoring are pretty good, but I think you're seriously underestimating the time it would take to compile and analyse all the data in order to produce the final scores.

Doing all of that while the event is running just isn't feasible, and I would expect a delay of at least an hour after the catwalk show before the scores would be available.

The organiser of something like this already has a lot of things to juggle while the event is going on.

Aly I think your suggestions for the scoring are pretty good, but I think you're seriously underestimating the time it would take to compile and analyse all the data in order to produce the final scores.

Doing all of that while the event is running just isn't feasible, and I would expect a delay of at least an hour after the catwalk show before the scores would be available.

The organiser of something like this already has a lot of things to juggle while the event is going on.

Actually ... during the 2 for 1 Fashion Show ... we (as judges) used an abbreviated version of what Aly is suggesting. With each contestant or duo contestants we would give a number score based on the criteria that was set up, and then via PM we would feed our scores to the organizer of the fashion show. We were connected on a judges team, but ... none of the judges knew what each of the others were scoring on any one contestant(s). It worked perfectly and didn't cause any time lag issues whatsoever. I think this type of system (perhaps refined just a bit) would work nicely. :D

Actually ... during the 2 for 1 Fashion Show ... we (as judges) used an abbreviated version of what Aly is suggesting. With each contestant or duo contestants we would give a number score based on the criteria that was set up, and then via PM we would feed our scores to the organizer of the fashion show. We were connected on a judges team, but ... none of the judges knew what each of the others were scoring on any one contestant(s). It worked perfectly and didn't cause any time lag issues whatsoever. I think this type of system (perhaps refined just a bit) would work nicely. :D

Well if you can get it to work smoothly, all the better. It sounds like a nightmare to me :D

1 person getting told each judges score via pm or teamspeak for that matter and entering it into an excel file that add's it all up for you, cant see that being to hard.

I was not going to post in this thread again because it seems to have turned into just a nasty bitching session.. which I personally have no interest in :p
And do NOT want to see either of the winners acheivements being belittled by this discussion. To be honest, not sure it should be kept alive.

Although I disagree with Fryr and feel he needs to skill diplomacy, or mature...
He did have a point for which I'm grateful. A more intelligent jury system is created by knowledgeable people who will, in a calculated way, make sure the outcome of events will have proper foundation.

Thank you.

May Lootius favor your sword and the force be with you ;)

1 person getting told each judges score via pm or teamspeak for that matter and entering it into an excel file that add's it all up for you, cant see that being to hard.

I guess if you had someone working as a dedicated scorer it wouldn't be so bad. If Singular was doing it himself as well as trying to run the show, I think it would probably drive him crazy and end in disaster :D

Nice essay Aly :)

Have several idea's of my own on how to improve the judging and overall event quality, not just here to bitch :D
Havent found the time to voice those, was too busy getting my foot between the door, trying to get someone to listen.

Like your idea's, a simple scoring system like you proposed is kinda like what we used for the CND event. though your proposed system is a little better since it covers more points. the CND event was more basic (0/10 points)

The bad part about this type of scoring is it takes longer for every competitor to be judged. wich let contest take longer.
The good part is that the whole outfit gets seen ALOT better. till in every detail.

Good thing about this type of scoring a list like this can be made public, everyone can see everyones votes (would only show top10 public though, rest all 11th)

Glad I didn't judge as 1/2 of them didn't even appear on the stage for me as the lag was horrible. Another thing I noticed is their wasn't a specified place for the juges to view from or at least it wasn't made known where they were.

Oh well I just sit back and wait for my Pink Shirt from MA for attending the He-Man competition ;)

hummmm

After last years behavior by skam I vowed never to have anything to do with it. I didn't attend or take part this year.

Freyr has some very good points & I would give him my full support/vote.

I vote scrap the old Miss C - lets have a new beginning - a new contest new Judges - new ideas - new rules - make it fare - make it for the player not the uber - Its about taking part that's important & at the same time making things fare.

A new beginning is whats needed - new blood -

MF

Back