FYI: EuHunter - Tracking and Analysis Tool

I use win7 myself and play in window mode. If aero is disabled screenshots work for me.

DirectX screenshots are planned for one of the upcoming updates ;)

I use win7 myself and play in window mode. If aero is disabled screenshots work for me.

DirectX screenshots are planned for one of the upcoming updates ;)

Let em get that right, i play in Windowed mode, Win XP pro SP3 and not working so far .. So in case i need Screen shots from EUH i have to disable my Win XP style and turn it back to win 2000 old style to make auto-screenies work? :scratch2:

Let em get that right, i play in Windowed mode, Win XP pro SP3 and not working so far .. So in case i need Screen shots from EUH i have to disable my Win XP style and turn it back to win 2000 old style to make auto-screenies work? :scratch2:

I would leave it as is if it's not taking screensots for you now.
No real answer here except for some it works and some it doesn't. So I guess DX screenshots will work for all. Just have to sit it out until the other issues are dealt with. EU Hunter records globals and the items if there are any (not oils etc). Only reason I need screenshots is for events so I hope either Ent Tracker or EU Hunter are fixed b4 2nd week of Feb. I am hopeless at PrtScn, I forget too often.

Ok thats strange - i used the same screenshot code when i used XP and never had problems. I will do some WinXP tests with the new version.
Can you send me the errorlog (Tools->Open Errorlog and then save as)?

Ok thats strange - i used the same screenshot code when i used XP and never had problems. I will do some WinXP tests with the new version.
Can you send me the errorlog (Tools->Open Errorlog and then save as)?

OK here is the text

Code:
ERROR-22/01/2010 05:27:24:    ScreenGrabber Screenshot(f): 
A generic error occurred in GDI+.
------------------------------------------
ERROR-22/01/2010 06:22:41:    ScreenGrabber Screenshot(f): 
A generic error occurred in GDI+.
------------------------------------------

I've just updated to the latest version and lost all my data like others did.

I think i have found the data file i need but I'm sorry i dont know how to add that data into the program so it shows up as it once did.

Any info on how to do this?

Last edited:
Just copy the xml file to any location you want it to be and then, in EuHunter, use File-> Load

The file should be at:
WinXP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\some hash\...
search for EU-Hunter-Data.xml there

Win7: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\some hash\...
search for EU-Hunter-Data.xml there

Jod as you had problems with the tracking of heals ... can you send me some lines of your chatlog with healing statements (feel free to remove chat) and your OS language please?
I want that fixed as this is kind of critical imo

@levithanikos:
Generic GDI ok thats something. Never had that so far but google has some hits so i guess it can be fixed without much trouble.

- guess i found a solution. Hard to test now as i cant reproduce it and the actual trunc build is not ready for deploy - so i hope it will work in next version.

Last edited:
Sweet thanks.I didnt actually change the location just loaded from the existing location which loaded them fine but now I dont have the last run that I just did before i did this.Its not a major problem though if thats not retrievable as its only one run and I can add that manually.

I'll send you a chunk of the chat log now ;)

I'm not gonna bother going through to get rid of the chat but if you see anything bad in there I deny all responsibility :silly2:

Oh and I use win7 64bit.

Sweet thanks.I didnt actually change the location just loaded from the existing location which loaded them fine but now I dont have the last run that I just did before i did this.Its not a major problem though if thats not retrievable as its only one run and I can add that manually.

The new run should be at your Documents folder under EuHunter. You should save the old date to a new file in eg this folder as the old one is located in the AppCache directories that are managed by windows and if it runs out of it's configured space it will start deleting old versions -and then this data might be lost.
To merge the two files open your texteditor and copy the <hunt>...</hunt> element to the existing datafile into a group element (or copy the group to but then into hunts). Just keep the general structure intact or EuHunter will not be able to load the file.

actually yeah I just came across it there whilst looking for something else thanks :)

I'm a bit of a tech noob so I'll give it a shot at moving it now ;)

EDIT:
Ok I've merged the old info into the folder in my documents and its copied over nicely.I do have two lists for the same group now(old ones and new one) but its not a real problem as the actual data and graphs is including both groups anyway.

But onto the next issue....
I'm having a problem with the capturing of the global screenshots.

I've created a folder for them in 'my pictures' and have put that folder in the settings so that part is fine.

The thing is it does appear that it is taking the SS but not saving it to the folder because when I log out of EU I get the SS show up on screen for a few seconds till EU shuts down properly but the SS is nowhere to be found in the designated folder.

I'm using win7 but I'm not using Aero themes or any other SS programs.

Last edited:
Small bug

Great tool, I love it :yay::wtg:

I have found a small bug on the Detail window. The ammo field (in the Cost Items area) does not accept desimal points only full numbers. So 100,5 (or 100.5) does not work, but 100 or 101 does. A minor issue, but since all other numbers seems to be very accurate i guess this is a minor bug.

I have found a small bug on the Detail window. The ammo field (in the Cost Items area) does not accept desimal points only full numbers. So 100,5 (or 100.5) does not work, but 100 or 101 does. A minor issue, but since all other numbers seems to be very accurate i guess this is a minor bug.

About the 100.5 ... For me when i press xx.x i get after enter a xxx number

Instead of decimal ...

Could you plz sledge change it to dot instead of comma , since is MUCH faster to type the decimals with dot(.) cause is fast to find on the number pad :)

About the 100.5 ... For me when i press xx.x i get after enter a xxx number

Instead of decimal ...

Could you plz sledge change it to dot instead of comma , since is MUCH faster to type the decimals with dot(.) cause is fast to find on the number pad :)

Change your keyboard layout to swedish and you have comma instead of dot on the number pad :)

Ammo is a PED value not ammo count. If you buy 200 ped ammo for the hunt then its 200.

Change your keyboard layout to swedish and you have comma instead of dot on the number pad :)

hehe was just gonna say the same thing xD

But one thing i cant seem to get to work, isnt it supposed to log hits and crits and such? i keep the window open but it doesnt log anything. :(

also is there a way to input tt markup? ie not % due to amps having tt+ xx and not 10x%

But one thing i cant seem to get to work, isnt it supposed to log hits and crits and such? i keep the window open but it doesnt log anything. :(
You enabled chatlog in options ingame?
Without chatlog, there is nothing to record :)
A problem exists if you run Entropia-Tracker beside EU-Hunter. The Trackertool captures chatlogfile, so EU hunter can´t read it, as it will always stay empty.

also is there a way to input tt markup? ie not % due to amps having tt+ xx and not 10x%

I don´t get it for what?
If you pay TT + x for amps/finders, these are uL. For uL items you allways have to pay repairbill what is 100%.
All L items show the x% markup.

I don´t get it for what?
If you pay TT + x for amps/finders, these are uL. For uL items you allways have to pay repairbill what is 100%.

When i loot a gremlin Harness then i have to put in the tt and the % now gremlin dont have a % but a tt+ value. I know i ofc can place both tt and the tt+ in the same field but that will not be the right way to do it imho

You enabled chatlog in options ingame?
Without chatlog, there is nothing to record :)
A problem exists if you run Entropia-Tracker beside EU-Hunter. The Trackertool captures chatlogfile, so EU hunter can´t read it, as it will always stay empty.

I don´t get it for what?

ah stupid tracker then :p stop hogging the chatfile :p and see below

When i loot a gremlin Harness then i have to put in the tt and the % now gremlin dont have a % but a tt+ value. I know i ofc can place both tt and the tt+ in the same field but that will not be the right way to do it imho
that's what i mean, if i put in the tt+ it doesnt put out the real value but a whole lot less. and i meant scopes and lasers heh :p

Oh I see, for the loots.
Didn´t think about that, don´t loot items with markup that often :)

Ammo is a PED value not ammo count. If you buy 200 ped ammo for the hunt then its 200.

True, but if you start with 200PED worth of ammo and have 10.50PED worth at the end of the hunt then the ammo cost would be 189,50PED not 200PED. I always keep a little ammo for the run back to the service station/tp.

Anyways, my temporary solution is to add a new line to the Cost Items list called Ammo and just enter the missing desimal there. So in my example above I would enter 189PED in the ammo cost field and 0.50PED in the Cost Items list.

Last edited:

Asking the same thing, good in case you loot things like unL guns, armors, etc., which I do from time to time. A solution I see is to have another column for TT+ markup, that is linked to the % markup, so if you loot something worth 100 PED in TT value and it has TT+3 markup, you can put either 103% or TT+3 in either column, and both will update accordingly.

True, but if you start with 200PED worth of ammo and have 10.50PED worth at the end of the hunt then the ammo cost would be 189,50PED not 200PED. I always keep a little ammo for the run back to the service station/tp.

Anyways, my temporary solution is to add a new line to the Cost Items list called Ammo and just enter the missing desimal there. So in my example above I would enter 189PED in the ammo cost field and 0.50PED in the Cost Items list.

you can also set the ammo cost to 200, and add the remaining ammo to your loot.
If you want to keep track of how many shots you did, you can always double check the decay on the gun and divide by the decay per use.

Ok guys was pretty busy on the new version ... wich is ready now ;)
Will check if can apply some fast fixes for the decimal numbers issue. Fixed it for the chat log so just a bit more i guess...

TT+ is noted for next versions

@staffas: that is also in the queue for one of the next updates. Have to figure out where to get the decay data from as i don't want to bother the user with that.

Last edited:
Version 0.8.0.0 is out

Content list:
  • Post Run Analysis
  • Full rework of view model
  • ---context menu in overview
  • ---no reload after save anymore (selected nodes stay selected)
  • ---no much smoother in general
  • You can select your loot items from a drop down menu now (filled with the data of your previous runs, sorted by usage count) and get the last used MU autofilled
  • Same for repair items but here group and MU get filled and the last TTEnd for the item is prefilled as TTStart
  • parsing your equipment from the presets (or manual) fills the same data as manual selecting the repair items
  • Runs can be named now - run name is the default in treeview, id shows up as tooltip
  • Fix: in detail view the calculation of TT based on TTStart, TTEnd works for 0TT in TTEnd now
  • Fix: parsing of decimal numbers changed to fix problem with language specific comma representation (at least i hope it's fixed now)
  • Fix: some other stuff that i did not write down exactly :D

As there are a lot of changes in this version i'm afraid there might be some bugs too. I tested the major usecases and ran some chat logs though.

About the decimal numbers issue - i have set EuHunter to operate in the language of your System but i don't have an english OS right now so i can't test it. So if it is still not working let me know!

Last edited:
You have brought this tool to a point where it can be used just about every time we hunt. Thanks for the work you have put in to our requests. I hope to catch you in game soon and deliver a reward for your hard work. I will be recommending EU Hunter to anyone wishing to track there spending and usage.

PS Is it still crashing when team names are added to the equation?

PS Is it still crashing when team names are added to the equation?

Should generate a entry in Error log in the worst case but i still did not find the cause for that problem so if anything is not working as expected send me an errorlog and part of the chat log. Hopefully i can reproduce and fix it then.
(Upload for errorlog within EuHunter is planned)

Have not been on for a few days as i was working on that update :D
I know how to contact you .. thx for your support

Content list:
* Post Run Analysis
* Full rework of view model
o context menu in overview
o no reload after save anymore (selected nodes stay selected)
o much smoother in general
* You can select your loot items from a drop down menu now (filled with the data of your previous runs, sorted by usage count) and get the last used MU autofilled
* Same for repair items but here group and MU get filled and the last TTEnd for the item is prefilled as TTStart
* parsing your equipment from the presets (or manual) fills the same data as manual selecting the repair items
* Runs can be named now - run name is the default in treeview, id shows up as tooltip
* Fix: in detail view the calculation of TT based on TTStart, TTEnd works for 0TT in TTEnd now
* Fix: parsing of decimal numbers changed to fix problem with language specific comma representation (at least i hope it's fixed now)
* Fix: some other stuff that i did not write down exactly :D

As there are a lot of changes in this version i'm afraid there might be some bugs too. I tested the major usecases and ran some chat logs though.

About the decimal numbers issue - i have set EuHunter to operate in the language of your System but i don't have an english OS right now so i can't test it. So if it is still not working let me know!

Looks very cool with the loot entering ....

What i really like is not to have a full list of all my loot but only a list from that very same group. E.g. i hunt molisk (made a molisk group) and have entered all my loot after the first molisk hunt. Then next time i do a hunt on the same group (molisk) then i can only see the loot from the last molisk hunts. No need to be able to pick molisk tooth when doing a atrox hunt :) That will be very awesome :)

Well Yquem don't get me wrong but imo the work needed to achive that does not weight the benefits.
Ok the list is shorter but when you enter loot you can simply start typing and the dropdown selects the best matching entry while you type - not that much work. And if i store it group based there still have to be the common loots...

Hmm as the loot and decay item lists are handled indexlike i could add some heuristics (lol exaggerated a bit) to the IndexWorkerThread... sounds fun but still a bit of work... i'll add it to my backlog with low priority

Edit:
To move the items you looted before in the same group higher in the list should be rather easy but i don't want to remove the other items. Common loots problem...

Last edited:
Well Yquem don't get me wrong but imo the work needed to achive that does not weight the benefits.
Ok the list is shorter but when you enter loot you can simply start typing and the dropdown selects the best matching entry while you type - not that much work. And if i store it group based there still have to be the common loots...

Hmm as the loot and decay item lists are handled indexlike i could add some heuristics (lol exaggerated a bit) to the IndexWorkerThread... sounds fun but still a bit of work... i'll add it to my backlog with low priority

Edit:
To move the items you looted before in the same group higher in the list should be rather easy but i don't want to remove the other items. Common loots problem...

No doubt im happy about this and it will work - just some candy on top :)

Now i need some kind of data wash - i can see i have have not give the same name each time for the loot - any good hint to do this?

Last vu it was possible to get a total of all hunts - now its only possible to se analyse for a group - is it me doing something wrong?

No doubt im happy about this and it will work - just some candy on top :)

Now i need some kind of data wash - i can see i have have not give the same name each time for the loot - any good hint to do this?

Last vu it was possible to get a total of all hunts - now its only possible to se analyse for a group - is it me doing something wrong?

I've had the same question .. Under Analysis , you can see only the sub-groups not the total analysis for all the runs :(

Back