Is Support always like this...?

Status
Personally, I have found the support consistently prompt and generally very efficient.
On the odd occassion that my request was obviously beyond the limits of their authorization/access, the MA/FPC staff were surprisingly prompt and reasonable on all occassions. (Perhaps I have just been lucky, but I think more find this to be the case than not)

I agree with others above in that I think it's very important to remember support is essentially 'outsourced'.
They have very limited access to your account information and any data that could be seen as 'sensitive' within EU.
I highly doubt they play EU or have any in depth knowledge of gameplay/in game items etc.

I find if you word your cases accordingly, you are far more likely to get a prompt and efficient response.
Give AS MUCH detail as possible.
By this, I don't mean tell them your life story, they don't care, nor should they, simply give them ALL relevant details to your case and present it in as simple and concise manner as possible.

That said, I have definately experienced the odd bewildering support response and agree the response time on your first case was far from efficient. (But mistakes happen)

In your case, I personally would have closed the initial support case once items were back in your shop/inventory/storage and opened a new one for what was essentially a new support case issue.

Keep it simple, include all relevent information and be polite, and like most dealings with any type of 'support' across the world, you will be far more likely to acheive the desired result.

Cheers :beerchug:,

Aly

lol

To all who agree with me about the inefficiency:

YOU ARE AWESOME!

To all who thought this would be a good oppotunity to preach:

BITE ME

Remain Proffessional? Do on to others and all that?
pfft

Anyone who cannot understand the frustration obviously doesn't have a shop in EU.

I started this thread out of anger. I posted my response to MA out of anger. Anger is an emotion, so obviously I'm in touch with my inner self and feelings :yay:

The experience is very frustrating to deal with as I dont have time to pour into this system like I used to. Dealing with real life ventures has been getting in the way. Any support rep, I would deduce, ought have the capability to find out what signs are located in my shop, and since they are ALL malfunctioning, they could gather the info themselves. As previously stated, they get paid to fix this stuff and generate these reports. The staffing of MA's Support is not my concern. They purport to be able to provide an efficient level of service for the player base. Cost is not my concern, nor should it be yours. A company runs. How efficiently is rated by the consumers, or clients...US. Im a person in this virtual world just like all of you, however, I run a business within this world. Aspects of my business that I cannot control which require fixing leave me with this "support" team as my only level of resolve.

Nothing you all dont know. But stand behind my initial rant. The system that I am dependant upon working failed. I tried the professional response. That failed. What do you do when an employee in your organization continues to fail? You give am an ass chewin. Plain and simple. If that doesn't work. Shit-can em, it's about efficiency. Profit, bla bla bla. The whole thing was takin too damn long and I gave em an ass chewin. Maybe if more people would complain, the would improve their efficiency. The squeeky wheel gets the grease. Ever heard that analogy? Kissing and whiping their asses only gives them the false sense that they are performing well enough rather than making them feel they need improvement. Get off your pedastles and do something real, rather than placating.

Again, Leeloo and all the others who have been there, YOU ROCK!

Wyn

I started this thread out of anger. I posted my response to MA out of anger. Anger is an emotion, so obviously I'm in touch with my inner self and feelings :yay:

And how's that anger working out for Ya...

"WE"... don't need to be in touch with "YOUR" inner-feelings... We don't need to know about your other businesses... We don’t need to know how you failed to provide a professional response by stamping your feet and childishly refusing to give the proper information... when requested...

YOUR squeaky, geeky, “I'm a big wheel theory” of egotistically thinking that my problem is the only problem and you all need to know it… futile attempt to get to our empathy and sympathy… with a no doubt repetitive cathartic expression of your pain… to all who will listen including people half a world away... who have no interest in anything but getting you to provide the information they say that they need to correct and help you solve “YOUR” Problem… and now this second cathartic personal expression, of your now not so inner feelings,

Needs to be recognized
:scratch2:
perhaps with a tee shirt

and a reminder

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/about-entropia-universe/172083-support-always-like.html#post2190390

Any support rep, I would deduce, ought have the capability to find out what signs are located in my shop, and since they are ALL malfunctioning, they could gather the info themselves.

If you bothered to read any of the responses other than giving the collective finger you could deduce that your initial deduction is wrong.

off topic edit: Why is it that people oftentimes forget that things they post on a public forum will more often than not get a valid counter-argument? Also, why is the response to said counter-argument usually something along the lines of "Bite me"?

Last edited:
My thinking is that Wynfairs got al the right in the world to get them to work
since he probebly invested/lost shitloads of $$ in their "fine" game

My thinking is that Wynfairs got al the right in the world to get them to work
since he probebly invested/lost shitloads of $$ in their "fine" game

No one said he didn't have a right to get them to work. I don't know the exact saying, but it goes something along the lines of, "You'll attract more bees with sugar than shit."

Aah, we have rights. We love our rights, but we must not forget that the other side of that coin is responsibility.

We have a right to express our dissatisfaction, which is linked to a responsibility to do so in a manner that does not impinge on another's rights, like, for example, the right to be treated with dignity and respect.

All too often I see people demanding their rights while executing epic failure in the concomitant responsibilities. They are two sides of one page, we cannot have one without the other.

LMAO!!! If I was at MA, I´d so answer like this:

Dear costumer,

Your account has been terminated. Please refer to ToU paragraph 5.3

Kind regards,

Yours truly

HaHaHa

LMAO!!! If I was at MA, I´d so answer like this:

Dear costumer,

Your account has been terminated. Please refer to ToU paragraph 5.3

Kind regards,

Yours truly

And risk losing a player who has invested much money in their game?
:scratch2:

off topic edit: Why is it that people oftentimes forget that things they post on a public forum will more often than not get a valid counter-argument? Also, why is the response to said counter-argument usually something along the lines of "Bite me"?

not really so off topic. "bite me" is realy the responce of a teenager or an immature adult who doesnt get their way and doesnt understand the greater complexities of life. essentially thats exactly what this whine is about, not getting their way, expecting a personal service. MA support isnt great but it isnt unusual either but there are more productive ways of dealing with them than just whinging.

Reading these support cases reminded me of one movie...
Replace ''Fast Food Lady'' with MA support.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7luMp6lb9M[/YOUTUBE]

support sometimes can be annoying, just like that ''Fast Food lady'' in this video.
They always ask for some ''extra'' info

Wow

Compartmentalization is a skill I hadn't effectively acquired in my 20's it appears so let this thread be a lesson to all who have eyes to learn it. I apologize. Please forgive me, I'm only human ;).

Thanks to those who all responded in support. Your understanding is appreciated.

Thanks to all those who took the time to scold. It took me... a minute.. to hear you.

Anger is caused when something fails to meet your expectations. Everyone told us we(Stuckey and I) were throwing away all of our money. Looking back, I guess we were. But I don't regret it and the dream still thrives in many of our hearts and minds.

Don't stop dreamin :wise:

Last edited:
Status
Back