About PvP events - prize : ammo used.

Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Danielle YourMom DeathBringer ♥
I'm not one who generally attends events or holds them - so I don't know exactly how it works.

I understand you can create an event where the prize is 'ammo used.'

If I create an 'ammo used' pvp event - whoever wins, gets the tt value prize of all the ammo that was used, right ?

I know it probably sounds like a dumbass question - but I'm just clarifying before I set up some pvp events with friends to play/practice in pvp; essentially for free - if this is how it works.

Correct, however there is the event registration fee, isn't there?

yeah. Just made an event myself. 40 PED creation fee plus 20 PED per half hour.

I'll give it a go though :) will be fun whatever the outcome.

Yes, and it's ammo plus decay, not just ammo, so melee weapons work fine too :)

But as Mandu says, the price you pay comes from the event set-up fee. So you won't be able to do it for free, but it's pretty cheap for a fun event.

If your aim is to just run a soc event or something similar, then I can recommend it. We've done it in SV a couple of times and it's great fun, and since in an event like that you can say it's Opalo only (just as an agreement between yourselves, not set in the system) or whatever, doesn't have to cost the participants much.

ty for the answers :)

This sounds like it could be fun ! :handgun: :yay:

Yes, and it's ammo plus decay, not just ammo, so melee weapons work fine too :)

But as Mandu says, the price you pay comes from the event set-up fee. So you won't be able to do it for free, but it's pretty cheap for a fun event.

If your aim is to just run a soc event or something similar, then I can recommend it. We've done it in SV a couple of times and it's great fun, and since in an event like that you can say it's Opalo only (just as an agreement between yourselves, not set in the system) or whatever, doesn't have to cost the participants much.

Do players still get skills while participating in this kind of an event (ammo/decay as prize)?
Thanks,
Chris

maybe they have changed it but in decembre 2008 i made a pvp event with just this: winner gets all ammo spent

The event failed still we shot like 40-50ped. Akon won it and recieved like 4 or 5 ped.

Do players still get skills while participating in this kind of an event (ammo/decay as prize)?
Thanks,
Chris

Yes.

maybe they have changed it but in decembre 2008 i made a pvp event with just this: winner gets all ammo spent

The event failed still we shot like 40-50ped. Akon won it and recieved like 4 or 5 ped.

I did one today, the winner got over 1k PED.

I remember when you had the problem with it but it's been fixed for quite a while now afaik.

Yes.

I did one today, the winner got over 1k PED.

I remember when you had the problem with it but it's been fixed for quite a while now afaik.

I don't know how the prize allocation works. On this particular event, the promised 2nd and 3rd prizes were a farce. 1st prize was c.1160ped, 2nd prize turned out to be 2ped and 3rd prize was presumably 1ped. If this is typical prize split, doesn't strike me as much incentive for people to participate in the first place or to continue in event if they slide off number 1 spot on leader board.

I don't suppose it can be described as mis-representation as there were indeed 2nd and 3rd prizes, but barely.........

Something to watch out for maybe.

:confused:

I don't know how the prize allocation works. On this particular event, the promised 2nd and 3rd prizes were a farce. 1st prize was c.1160ped, 2nd prize turned out to be 2ped and 3rd prize was presumably 1ped. If this is typical prize split, doesn't strike me as much incentive for people to participate in the first place or to continue in event if they slide off number 1 spot on leader board.

I don't suppose it can be described as mis-representation as there were indeed 2nd and 3rd prizes, but barely.........

Something to watch out for maybe.

:confused:

I've looked into this event rules as initially I was hoping I would be able to participate. I believe Oleg created this event with following symbolic prizes, (as he was just trying to test the event system as he pointed out):

1st Place: 3 PED
2nd Place: 2 PED
3rd Place: 1 PED

In addition to these prizes given by the event organizer, the winner would also be able to receive the ammo+decay, as an extra given by the event system.

So, this extra was not to be split between the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. This extra was to go to the winner only, and I don't think there's a possibility to make this extra to be split between the 3 first places (at least with the current event system). But it would be great if we had that option too.

I've looked into this event rules as initially I was hoping I would be able to participate. I believe Oleg created this event with following symbolic prizes, (as he was just trying to test the event system as he pointed out):

1st Place: 3 PED
2nd Place: 2 PED
3rd Place: 1 PED

In addition to these prizes given by the event organizer, the winner would also be able to receive the ammo+decay, as an extra given by the event system.

So, this extra was not to be split between the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. This extra was to go to the winner only, and I don't think there's a possibility to make this extra to be split between the 3 first places (at least with the current event system). But it would be great if we had that option too.

Correct, it all worked as intended. Ammo/decay all goes to the winner. 2nd and 3rd place can only win what the organiser puts in for those prizes. I can't do it any other way at the moment.

And I did make a point of mentioning that in the event description so that everyone knew the deal.

Back