PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
  1. #21
    I am not dutch! Nebu's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Avatar
    Adam Nebu Jackyll
    Society
    Groene Draeck
    Posts
    2,670
    Images
    411
    Great Guide Oleg.

    I'd like to add something you have probably missed since you always got to play the role of the organizer of the events and not a participant. If you open the Participants List in a pvp event, you can see how often you killed who. Not sure if there is something similar in Hunting Events.



    Sorry for the bad quality pic, but you get the point

  2. #22
    Mutated Oleg's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Avatar
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Posts
    18,887
    Images
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by chevrons View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you create an Event, the half-hour before and the half-hour after become dark-grey, stopping events being created for adjacent time slots. This is to give participants time to enter and leave.

    This is new in V10; there was a notorious incident when MA themselves set up a free event, only to have an enterprising avatar reserve the previous half-hour, and charge an entry fee.
    Good point, I will add that to the guide, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by chevrons View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question to Oleg - does the Organiser get more time to give Rep, otherwise how can he reward the winners if they are not yet determined?
    No, the event creator has do it within the time of the event, same as everyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by skuggan1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Woot LA rent goes to LA owner right otherwise MA have done a falure they cant take rental ped for something they dont own
    No, the LA owner only gets tax as usual, the amount of which is likely to be boosted by the event.

    It isn't a rental fee, it's an event set-up fee.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To anyone who knows; If I created an event in an area that has a minimum spawn of a mob, would it be maximised for the event?
    No, unless the landowner changes the DNA settings in the usual way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry for the bad quality pic, but you get the point
    Thanks, yes I do, hadn't noticed this before.

  3. #23
    Provider skuggan1's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    sweden nora
    Avatar
    mikael skuggan gustavsson
    Society
    SWE Hunt
    Posts
    207
    Images
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    No, the LA owner only gets tax as usual, the amount of which is likely to be boosted by the event.

    It isn't a rental fee, it's an event set-up fee.



    It was the rental fee for time on land i was mening the 25ped/30min

  4. #24
    Prowler
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    London, England
    Avatar
    Givendale Chevrons Skelton
    Society
    Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,503
    Images
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To anyone who knows; If I created an event in an area that has a minimum spawn of a mob, would it be maximised for the event?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, unless the landowner changes the DNA settings in the usual way.
    There are 2 things here - the DNA settings which determine the mob density are in control of the landowner, but I'm not sure if that also determines the rate of re-spawn. There have been events in the past where a LA began with a high density of mobs, but the mobs ran out halfway through the event. If that still happens in V10, we will have to try to get MA to fix it.

  5. #25
    Mutated Oleg's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Avatar
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Posts
    18,887
    Images
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by skuggan1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was the rental fee for time on land i was mening the 25ped/30min
    It doesn't matter how you say it, the landowner still doesn't get it

    Quote Originally Posted by chevrons View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are 2 things here - the DNA settings which determine the mob density are in control of the landowner, but I'm not sure if that also determines the rate of re-spawn. There have been events in the past where a LA began with a high density of mobs, but the mobs ran out halfway through the event. If that still happens in V10, we will have to try to get MA to fix it.
    The only hunting event I've taken part in under the new system was at Nea's where you'd expect the spawn to hold up OK, and it did.

    I don't think anything to do with the spawn changes for an event, it's a general issue with the way the DNA spawns work (or was in the past). But obviously in events you can have a lot of people hunting hard and fast so the spawns are under more pressure than usual.

    If I remember correctly Zap once suggested that the spawn rate should be increased during an event to counteract this. If he didn't, he should have, because it's a good idea

  6. #26
    Stalker malasuerte's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Colombia
    Avatar
    Gustav Malasuerte Sagitta
    Posts
    2,148
    Images
    573
    Good guide +rep

    2 questions:

    Does the event organizer needs to buy a ticket too or can he stay in the event area for free?

    Can the event tickets be sold on auction?

  7. #27
    Mutated Oleg's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Avatar
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Posts
    18,887
    Images
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by malasuerte View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does the event organizer needs to buy a ticket too or can he stay in the event area for free?
    He doesn't need to buy a ticket, he is automatically registered when he completes the event set-up

    Quote Originally Posted by malasuerte View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can the event tickets be sold on auction?
    I don't think so, but I'm not certain.

  8. #28
    Prowler
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    London, England
    Avatar
    Givendale Chevrons Skelton
    Society
    Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,503
    Images
    130
    I've submitted some questions to MA. Oleg, you may know the answers, but they are not in your guide. I'll post the answers if and when I get them.

    I have some questions regarding Events

    1) If the promoter aborts an Event, does he get all monies refunded, Fees and Prizes?

    2) If an Event is aborted, do registered participants get their Ticket price refunded?

    3) why cannot Rules and Prizes be changed up until the point someone registers? (If all fees are refunded, this would be unnecessary)

    4) even if Rules and Prizes cannot be changed, why cannot the Description be changed?

    5) A Soc Mate had a problem leaving an Event last week - he gave up half way through, but couldn't join a team outside the LA.

    - if you register for an event, can you join a team during the time the event is running
    - does it matter if you have got event points or not.
    - what happens to your event points if you could join a team
    - if you are in a team when an event for which you are registered starts, do you get kicked from the team?
    - does it matter if you are inside the LA or not?
    - if you are in a team when an event for which you are registered starts, what happens when you enter the event LA (can you, or do you have to leave the team?)

    6) Why can No Melee and No Ranged both be specified for LA Events? That surely means that no-one can win, and the Promoter takes all the Ticket money, and the Prizes.

    7) Why can Accumulate Ammo/Decay be specified for PvP? Isn't this only intended for LA events where No Loot makes sense? I have seen one Pvp Event where the First Prize is accumulated Ammo/Decay. Will the Winner get anything? If this is effective, all Pvp events could be created with this rule.

    Thank You for your help in advance.
    Last edited by chevrons; 01-17-2010 at 17:33.

  9. #29
    Prowler
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    London, England
    Avatar
    Givendale Chevrons Skelton
    Society
    Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,503
    Images
    130
    2010-01-21 09:39 Entropia Universe Support:


    Hi,

    Thank you for your inquiries. To work them off in order:

    1) No, an abortion is the same as finish as normal, only earlier. Normal rules applies.
    2) No.
    3) This is due to how the system is built. We cannot be more detailed than that.
    4) This is a good question/suggestion, we will evaluate it further.
    5) He should be able to, and we tested it again to make sure that there are no bugs. Most likely this was a lag event on his connection, and a relog would probably have solved the problem.
    6) If you try to create an event with both those rules you will get an error message.
    7) This rule is applicable also for PvP events; the winner will get the accumulated ammo and deterioration.

    We hope that this answers your questions!

    Kind regards,
    Entropia Universe Support


    I have follow-up questions to your answers
    1) If an Event is aborted before there are participants other than the Promoter, does he get all 3 prizes refunded, or just the 1st. If the event has not yet started, who gets the prizes? If an Event cannot be aborted before it starts, why not?
    6) Just after the Events system was introduced I saw such an Event, and logged a Support Case. Does this mean you have fixed this bug?

  10. #30
    Mutated Oleg's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Avatar
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Posts
    18,887
    Images
    667
    A few things have changed with this week's updates, but I haven't seen them in action yet. I'll try to update the info in the first post after this week's Atrox Valley Sunday.

    In the meantime here's a link to Summer's guide to registering for events at CP, which is a bit different to the way it works on land areas:

    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/...events-cp.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook