FYI: Shares of Crystal Palace

lol what a terribly late time to come back. o well...

Meeting at Argus for the Bidding. Bring your champagne just in case! :)

Go go Star & consortium,

We need a new owner for diversity, not ND, Death or Qetesh :)

Better luck next time guys.
Good effort this time around.

Go go Star & consortium,

We need a new owner for diversity, not ND, Death or Qetesh :)

I guess you got what you wanted at least. :(

Sorry to hear Star, you guys tried and my little bit wouldn't have helped.

Good try guys and thanks for giving it a go with me. Maybe we will have more luck in the future. Buzz will undoubtedly be a good owner and is a great guy. It couldn't have gone to a nicer person. I've met him IRL and can say I have nothing but respect for him. :)

About 5 people left to return PED to. PM me ingame tonight. Please be patient tomorrow or the next day if you PM because I've still got Mayhem going on. :)

Amazing Attempt, Star, You did an incredible Job Rallying so Many people together and such a large sum...

You really proved that people can work together and that there are strong relationships in EU...

Your Day Will come!

Respects to all involved in Stars Consortium.

Dont give up...

I also lost the first time around.

Right, I sold a kidney, when do you need the cash?

Hurrikane

I guess you got what you wanted at least. :(

Not sure why sad, diversity is very important.

Personal touch in promoting, event organisation and prize offerings along with 'rate of tax' in a competitive environment between invested parties can only be a positive for players involved in participating on taxed land ;)

Now we have ND CND vs Death TI vs Qetesh LA portfolio vs Buzz CP as the major invested parties of owned LAs competiting with each other for a taxable participation audience.

And all the smaller invested LA owners & LG LAs.

This sort of competition and diversity will mean more going on with better offers across the board to lure taxable participation.

It was nothing personal against the owners themselves.
I hope it did not come across like that.

It is purely from a diversification perspective as to what will make participating on Calypso more attractive vs other worlds.

I know I for one will be mainly participating where there are events & prizes up for grabs and occassionally skilling where there isn't.

Mob type & maturity does not interest me so much these days and the majority of loot returned is shit house anyway in most respects no matter what you kill.

Sure you get globals and hofs etc yet with little value attached in most cases.

Last edited:
Another thing I forgot to add.

Thank you very much to MindArk. David and Marco were VERY helpful along the way. They went out of their way to accomodate the needs of our group. I appreciate all of your hard work guys.

*NO, I am not saying this for better loot. More never hurts! ;)

Good effort Star and Consortium - would have made a great story to see you guys end up owning CP.

I'm sure more opportunities will come with new planets etc and look forward to a consortium buying a major piece of real estate.

Working hard to prevent a 35% tax IRL associated with the LLC. This could mean we won't use the LLC's name for this purchase and I'll be assuming responsibility myself. I'll keep you posted on tomorrow's developments.

I am not sure you will have to worry too much about this in a few years Mercury.

The LLC will come to serve you well in time for a consortium arrangement.

It is likely the environment will be closely monitored where taxes IRL will be applied as matter of natural course.

As MindArk expands quickly with new partner worlds and virtual estate investments worth hundreds of thousands USD generating a hundred thousand plus USD per annum like TI & CND of which these earnings are starting to hit media releases (Interviews with owners);

Along with new market competitors like Afterworld Survival going commercial in the near future, this grey-area relating to income tax will be fast-tracked somewhat.

However good idea this time around to avoid the tax :)

In the future it will be hard for respective tax agents around the world to miss the PR on bidding amounts as to who has what amount of money in Entropia.

Example > CP Top 5 bidders and PED amounts
Linked from > MMORPG.com

Last edited:
Would have been great to have a players consortium running CP.

("...of the players, by the players, for the players.")

Another chance will come.

Star I think you would have done a fantastic job running CP and promoting EU to the world. There will be a third continent soon and like ND said, your day will come :)

Before the bidding war started today, I was convinced that you guys had this all but wrapped up and in the bag. Deathifier has a reputation for being a ninja when it comes to putting cash together which made the contest interesting. I think no one expected Buzz to jump in.

All three people are fantastic players and all three would have done a great job with CP.

Another thing I forgot to add.

Thank you very much to MindArk. David and Marco were VERY helpful along the way. They went out of their way to accomodate the needs of our group. I appreciate all of your hard work guys.

For 330k USD, I woulda moonwalked to the glove state and lied on national TV that I was a Lions fan. :ahh:

Glad to see things went as smoothly as they did. Undoubtedly, more opportunities are in the works.

Good job getting this whole thing together, even if you guys didn't win. It just goes to show that there is some hope for groups of investors in entropia. Now I gotta ask, if the planets offer some sort of investing opprotunity will you be doing something like this again?

Now that you have demonstrated that the requirement is there and that people are interested with significant amounts of PED to contribute to such consortiums;

Marco/FPC and MindArk may deem it to be feasible to finally put some development effort into systems that can help to make your (&others) life easier in the future with forming such consortiums in Entropia.

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/projectentropia/news.html?sid=6177556&mode=previews

GC'2007 : We meet with the minds behind MindArk and
discuss what's next with their free MMO game.

Real money means real security concerns in the game, and Behrmann and the team say that security is a primary concern for the development team behind the game. Every transaction in the game is logged for reporting purposes. In addition, because many of the tasks in the game require cooperation between multiple players, Behrmann said that a contract system is inevitable for the game, allowing multiple players to agree upon what they can contribute to a financial undertaking, and what their slice of the pie will be once the investment blooms.

^^ Great on the words & setting client expectations, slow at bringing them to fruition.

If anything,

I thank you once again Mercury as in LG2009 having demonstrated again with consortium bidding that the Calypso community can come together to work towards achieving great things in lue of MindArk & FPC getting there finger out to implement said systems to aid in doing so.

:beerchug:
Sparkz

Remember Marco we all want an improved planet Calypso, not a planet Collapso.
Jumping up and down on your shoulders until such time. ,-)

Last edited:
It was a great piece of business savvy putting this together and I hope you will make continued efforts in the future. Hopefully I will be in the position to jump in. Good luck and congrats on the hard work!

What was Stars final bid ... Anyone got the bid history?

sorry to hear Star !!

Last edited:
No,it was 3-3.2m (I think maybe 3.1m)but I'm not sure of the exact amount.

One fo the bidders informed me that they were only just outbidded above what they were putting as their top limit. Its a shame. I think a group would have been more itneresting than another individual.

Not sure if this has been suggested already, but wouldn't this consortium, of players who obviously already trust Star with big chunks of PED, be able to put together a kick-ass land area with TP and mob able to compete with CP, treasure Island and that other place?

Just putting it out there before everyone blows their PED on whores and cheap whiskey at the Chidi Bar.

Not sure if this has been suggested already, but wouldn't this consortium, of players who obviously already trust Star with big chunks of PED, be able to put together a kick-ass land area with TP and mob able to compete with CP, treasure Island and that other place?

Just putting it out there before everyone blows their PED on whores and cheap whiskey at the Chidi Bar.

MA could make a lot of ped if they make a way to do deals in groups without having to trust somone.

Till then looks like PED will go to whores and cheap whisky...

MA could make a lot of ped if they make a way to do deals in groups without having to trust somone.

Till then looks like PED will go to whores and cheap whisky...

Maybe you missed something, but 200 players forked over big wads of PED on whim without there being any MA controlled system in place to protect any of them. To his credit Star didn't even charge a soul for the time and expenses he generated forming his LLC. I suspect any or all of them would do so again at the drop of a hat. Maybe Star don't want small potatoes. Understandable.

I'm of the opinion that it won't be too long before there are other opportunities that a consortium of player-investors could bid on; this idea was a good one, and I for one will be keeping a keen ear out for any future prospects.

Hurrikane

(nice to see people working together)

Back