Question: are you participating in Merry Mayhem & on what level.

Are you participating in MM & at what level

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Danielle YourMom DeathBringer ♥
The moment we've all been waiting for, is here.
Ok .. the moment that some of us have been waiting for. :silly:

Now that we know the rules to Merry Mayhem and the prizes ... are you going to participate ? :D

I don't play more than 30 hours a week anyway and it's after Christmas, so I may be throwing my hat into the level 3 ring. :handgun:

How about everyone else - I'd like to know how many are going to try.

ty for voting, sorry if it's been done :)

also, I wish they'd give us a running total of who is where as we go along in the contest. Maybe they don't, so we don't lose faith and give up all together. :laugh:

Teams allowed and no ig scoreboard while competing made me throw in the towel this year, Merry Mayhem no thnx. :(

/Arwen

I probably will take part so I voted for that, but then again I might change my mind and not participate. Still it will be in catergory 2, so that's not too bad.

Have to see if I can afford it....

Lily

Teams allowed and no ig scoreboard while competing made me throw in the towel this year, Merry Mayhem no thnx. :(

/Arwen

Teams allowed ? :scratch2:

I want a scoreboard, too - but I doubt we'll get it because of the 'omg I can't catch up, I'm quitting the competition/depositing' factor. :wise: :duh:

I think by support teams, they mean gatherers - but that will inevitably lead to support people killing the mob 47% and the competitor killing the other 53%. :duh:

I'm ready for kill some feffoid :yay: Prize are very interesting this time ! :eek:

Category 2 for me :ahh:

Prize are very interesting this time ! :eek:

what's weird is I think I'd prefer LvL 3's top prizes over the prizes for LvL 4. :smirk:

Prizes are as follows:

Category 3

1. Mayhem Helmet + Land Area
2. Mayhem Helmet + Full set of Shadow Armor, SGA Edition
3. Mayhem Helmet + Full set of Martial Armor, SGA Edition

Category 4

1. Mayhem Helmet + Land Area
2. Mayhem Helmet + Full set of Eon Armor, SGA Edition
3. Mayhem Helmet + Full set of Angel Armor, SGA Edition

Teams allowed ? :scratch2:

I want a scoreboard, too - but I doubt we'll get it because of the 'omg I can't catch up, I'm quitting the competition/depositing' factor. :wise: :duh:

I think by support teams, they mean gatherers - but that will inevitably lead to support people killing the mob 47% and the competitor killing the other 53%. :duh:

Yes you are right "mom" about supportteams/gatherers not ordinary teams my misstake, ie i cant make myself compete in something with a blindfold over my eyes not knowing my position in the event until its over. Someone heard of events like that irl, yes come on and take part, stakes are high and its expensive but you cant know your position until its over...pfft

/Arwen

what's weird is I think I'd prefer LvL 3's top prizes over the prizes for LvL 4. :smirk:

Yups, I had expected LA + Armor for first on lvl 4.

Didn't vote because don't know if a sugar daddy pops up under the christmas tree^^ which would make it a "Yes, lvl3" in the more real case of dust under the tree its a "No."

Yea - I wanna scoreboard, too.
We have them 'live' for events and such - I'm not sure why it'd be so hard for Mindark to publish a list at the end of every business day. :duh:

*leaves a note by Marco's coffee maker, begging FPC to publish a daily list of rankings*

Didn't vote because don't know if a sugar daddy pops up under the christmas tree^^

you gots a kinky santa ! :eyecrazy: :laugh:

Nope, I don't have the budget and around Christmas and New Year I don't have the time.

If any socmates go for it I'll help them out when I can, and I might do a bit of (normal, unsupported) Ituma hunting to see if I can get my name into the Top 200.

yea - I might need to re-think my 'consideration.' :laugh:

I forgot how utterly broke Santa is after Christmas. :ahh:
Utterly broke - but joyful. :rofl: :duh: :yay:

Oh man .. there's a lot of No's. :dunno:

As with Oleg.

Nope - cant afford it.

But will support any soc mates taking part when I am on.

I don't participate. Sorry for everyone who will enjoy this event. But hunting 30 hours in 5 days isn't my thing anymore, specially not in the Winter holiday. Also I don't like jumping critters (lvl 3 Itumatrox) and i do lack the serious dps guns to stand a chance.

Because support teams are now officially sanctioned, I'll be causing mayhem elsewhere. ;)

No I work those days, but I dont think I would stand a chance against big supportgroups and ppl who can borrow a foeripper/mod.merc etc or ubers chipping down to lvl 69

I'd like to compete and defend my position of last year, but I doubt i'll be able to :(
Bad ie connection and not alot of free time :(

An advise - dont participate if you dont have a 10 man high support team - else you will just loose a lot of peds.....

I'll be there in Lvl 2... Being my first time at the end at least I can say I competed.

:handgun:

Good to see theyve made it 30 hours total and you can assign those how you wish - that's better for people, rather than being able to be disqualified for 6 hours 2 minutes on one day like last year.

but as I'd be in:

Category 3: Highest Professional standing 50-69, including Level 69.

I wont be competing, but good luck to everyone! :)

:handgun:

Nope I won't be joining, for 3 reasons.

1. Itumatrox seldom looted well for me, so I put them on my black list.
Black listed creatures I do no longer hunt.

2. Event creatures never looted well for me, with luck I breake even on them,
but mostly I loose on those. :laugh:

3. Support teams, since they are allowed I will not compete, I only compete
with hunters who have the 'balls' to compete solo without support.

Like on LA events. ;)

Oh btw Ambu Mania is now 50ped per ticket ?

Enjoy hunting...

Last edited:
I'm out

I'm out

not competing this year
gl to all

Naomi

damn - that's a lot of No's. :scared:

I wonder what the majority reason is that people aren't going to play along this year ... money - rules - teams - time restriction - huge skill lvl gap .. :dunno:

the less people that compete though .. the more likely a not-so-uber kid is going to win, right ? :naughty:

I was considering participating in one of these mayhem events for the first time this year, but when I read the rules I ruled it out.

Support teams ruin it for me outright. Allso I would be in the Feffoid group and I stay away from regen mobs like the plague.
No leader board allso sucks.

Never have, never will.

I know I've 0% chance of getting into the top 10 so why waste my cash, I've got better things to spend it on.

I wonder what the majority reason is that people aren't going to play along this year ... money - rules - teams - time restriction - huge skill lvl gap .. :dunno:

basically most of the above (not time restriction).

btw I'd be level 2.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how support team roles might change compared to last year, given the possibility that loot from pre-damaged mobs is reduced.

Investigated due to Merry Mayhem 2008, by Fluske, his boss, and Falkao.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/merry-mayhem/137924-merry-mayhem-scoreboard.html

(last ten pages or so are the most interesting).

If this effect exists, how many will be willing to suffer even lower tt returns than normal, in exchange for prizes (or fame :D)?

Edit: I am assuming here that "support teams" aren't actually in a team with the participant.

I am joining in :)

wont win thats for sure but we can all dream hehe :money:

nothing happening after xmas anyhows :p so will be sweeet :D time to pump in every single ped ive got laying left lol

As it stands now I'm not taking part in this because it will be a waste of peds again for me I think. I wounld be in Category 2

An event like this would start to remotely make sense in case you could buy a competition gun from TT which you'll have to use or you won't get points - which wouldn't happen anyway since then everyone would have the same DPS, so it would just boil down to perfect time management... and it dosn't fit the MA style of give to them who already have.

As it is - have access to über DPS weapon and enough PED to keep shooting for 30h nonstop - and additionally
Support teams are allowed.
it is finally pointless.

As a sidenote:
First Planet Calypso will monitor the competition closely to ensure a fair event for all participants.
:rofl:

Tussi

Missing votes "support" and "not decided yet"....

Would be in category 3, but this year not participating for five reasons:

1) Lack of funds after Christmas.
2) Doubt I'll have the time.
3) Itumas have never looted well for me.
4) Like Yquem said, for any serious chance of winning you probably need a support team.
5) Even if you just win a helmet, if you've had a real bad run during Merry Meyhem, is the prize really worth it?

gl to those who compete though :)

Back