Diference between coats !?

ALEXANDER

Elite
RO ALEX ALEXANDER
What is the actual difference between Master coat and Cognac coat ??? I mean visually, not technical (like paint fields or smth like that)

Pictures of both would be cool if u have (wearing them), not item info picture

Cognac coat:

hw4.jpg

hw3_455400.jpg

In my Cognac coat, two fields make up the dark section and one makes up the white section

Someone else is going to have to post a good pic of a master coat. The only one that I own has the same texture in all three fields which gives it zero contrast.

interesting... looks just like a master coat. Can a cognac coat be 100% white colored ? (without black lines or smth like that, just full full white)

Sure of course it can. Any clothing piece can be made into one solid color or texture, you simply have to use the same color and/or texture in all three fields. Here is an example of that with my ambu outfit

ambu.jpg

ambu_coat.jpg

still, I can't see any differences between cognac and master coat :D Is the master coat longer or what ? :D Price is pretty different

Here are pics Spin Rep Pit in his master coat that I found in the EF gallery

outfit_-_back.jpg

outfit_-_front.jpg

Now you can see the difference between the Cognac and Master coat

Here is Grave Digger's Master Coat

polished_chrome_master_coat.jpg

The difference is in the fields and also in the stitch pattern, which you can still see when the whole coat is one texture/color. Still, not a huge difference, not worth the price if you are making it a solid color or texture IMO.

Here is Akon in his master coat

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

The difference is in the fields and also in the stitch pattern, which you can still see when the whole coat is one texture/color. Still, not a huge difference, not worth the price if you are making it a solid color or texture IMO.

well if the stiches are by default WHITE, would it be there a difference between a white master coat and a white cognac ? :D

Ok now I know... thanks everyone

Look at the back, the shoulders, and the bottom front corners of the coats. Then you will see the difference.

well if the stiches are by default WHITE, would it be there a difference between a white master coat and a white cognac ? :D

Nothing is by default white... by default it’s that crap looking grey.

In my coat, the "white" color that I used is actually Cornsilk. It’s less bright, basically white, and also gives an overall better more realistic look I think.

On top of the Cornsilk color is Fine Silk Texture.

The dark color in my coat is Rutol Stone Texture.

If you want and overall solid color on your coat, I would recommend getting a master coat but even then I would not use the same color in all three fields... it just doesn’t look right when you do that.

Nothing is by default white... by default its that crap looking grey.

so stitches are a separate field ?

also difference in materials needed to craft.

Master Coat

Fine Leather 2
Rugaritz Ingot 1
Fine Textile 8
Soft Leather 11
Wool Cloth 16

Cognac Coat:

Generic Leather 30
Wool Cloth 18
Soft Leather 10
Wool Thread 10
Fine Leather 8
Platinum Ingot 2

its that what makes the master coat alittle more lucrative :p and it ofc looks better

there is still field 1 2 3, field 1 is the largeest area, field 2 is the stripes on the back and bottom, field 3 is the small stiches along the front side of it (correct me if im wrong)

on the cognac you have field 1 as the large area again, field 2 is the small stripes lining along the bottom and back and field 3 is the small triangles on the bottom front (correct me if im wrong)

sizes is the same on the two

EU is like real life in many ways. When you dress nice, people take you more seriously plus they like you and trust you more quickly.

so stitches are a separate field ?

Yes, they also can't be colored exactly as the rest of the coat - they are the basic lines on the coat when it is uncolored. If you take two coats of the exact same solid color, you can tell which one is which by the lines of the coat. "Textures" only change the material texture, the "stitching" is the item texture itself - things like creases and what not. If you ever see a (F) cognac coat (The (M) coat has them too, but they are more spaced out and not as obvious), you will see the lines that run down the center of the back - those aren't there on a Master Coat, instead the MC has the lines along the trim. If you look at the uncolored coats, you will see the lines I'm talking about. Every line on the uncolored coat is still visible when fully colored and textured, some textures just make it harder to see (like Ambulimax Leather). A solid black Cognac Coat (M) won't look like a Storm Coat, but a Master Coat (M) will - the Cognac Coat will have the visible angled areas around the shoulders and bottom of the coat.

Yes, they also can't be colored exactly as the rest of the coat - they are the basic lines on the coat when it is uncolored. If you take two coats of the exact same solid color, you can tell which one is which by the lines of the coat. "Textures" only change the material texture, the "stitching" is the item texture itself - things like creases and what not. If you ever see a (F) cognac coat (The (M) coat has them too, but they are more spaced out and not as obvious), you will see the lines that run down the center of the back - those aren't there on a Master Coat, instead the MC has the lines along the trim. If you look at the uncolored coats, you will see the lines I'm talking about. Every line on the uncolored coat is still visible when fully colored and textured, some textures just make it harder to see (like Ambulimax Leather). A solid black Cognac Coat (M) won't look like a Storm Coat, but a Master Coat (M) will - the Cognac Coat will have the visible angled areas around the shoulders and bottom of the coat.

So my final question still remains... Will a white master coat be identiacal to a cognac coat ? (just at first sight, when people see you passing by etc)

So my final question still remains... Will a white master coat be identiacal to a cognac coat ? (just at first sight, when people see you passing by etc)

With the right combination of materials and paint, you can disgise the lines of the item, but they are still there and can be seen. A person with their graphics cranked up will always see the difference.

It is much like cars that share a platform in real life. For instance - the Chevy Camaro and Pontiac Firebird share the same platform, engine, everything. The body is 90% the same too, but if you put a white camaro next to a white firebird, you can always tell which is which because of that 10% difference.

PS: this is how the white master coat looked on me

I really hope a cognac coat will turn out the same (as in all is white and perfect)

PS: this is how the white master coat looked on me

I really hope a cognac coat will turn out the same (as in all is white and perfect)

If your cloths are painted white and the coat is painted white then it will match and it will look fine. If all white is your objective then I would recommend making the skin color of your avatar a bit darker, like a nice tan.

If you are using uncolored cloths, please remember that for most people, the color of the uncolored and untexured cloths is an ugly grey, not white.

This is what uncolored and untextured cloths look like:

hw_58787.jpg

Here you can see the contrast between the grey and the cornsilk even though there is Fine Silk Texture over everything.

hw2.jpg

Here you can see what Fine Silk does when light hits it

hw3.jpg

It took me FOREVER and many thousands of PED to get all the rutol stone texture for everthing

hw2_71209.jpg

Last edited:
If your cloths are painted white and the coat is painted white then it will match and it will look fine. If all white is your objective then I would recommend making the skin color of your avatar a bit darker, like a nice tan.

If you are using uncolored cloths, please remember that for most people, the color of the uncolored and untexured cloths is an ugly grey, not white.

This is what uncolored and untextured cloths look like:

hw_58787.jpg

I have white hat, white shoes (brand named, non C), omegaton white jumper and pants (witch are the whitest clothes in game). So yea all I have on me now is 100% white but for ex if I put a bleached coat, the difference WILL be noticed. painted white will hopefully make my ava look like before.

PS: so the large portion of the coat in the images above is cornsilk ? hmm, looks like a yellowish white

you dont necessarily have to colour it white.

Fine silk texture is a cheaper option and is much whiter than the default dull grey but yes it can look a little shiny in bright light.

Cornsilk actually looks a little 'Cream' coloured.

entropia_2009-03-23_18-07-13-78_30168_899330.jpg

comparison between 100% white (left) and cornsilk? (right)

Am I right ?
If so, I go for white.

entropia_2009-03-23_18-07-13-78_30168_899330.jpg

comparison between 100% white (left) and cornsilk? (right)

Am I right ?
If so, I go for white.

the lines will seperate them, but not much.

btw the small triangles on cognac, arent they by nature "darker" than the rest regardless of?

the lines will seperate them, but not much.

btw the small triangles on cognac, arent they by nature "darker" than the rest regardless of?

that's what I want to know

As you can see in the left side of the picture, the white Master coat blends perfectly with the rest of the clothing. THAT is what I want to achieve with a cognac coat if possible, I DON'T care about lines or anything else as long as they blend with everything (hell I will be a bulb in the dark again :)) )

that's what I want to know

As you can see in the left side of the picture, the white Master coat blends perfectly with the rest of the clothing. THAT is what I want to achieve with a cognac coat if possible, I DON'T care about lines or anything else as long as they blend with everything (hell I will be a bulb in the dark again :)) )

hmm leeloo just logged off from ingame, but i could see if you use an "not so white" but entirly white on the larger fields and chalk white on the corners?

if it aint darker then just all white and it'd be win hehe

Anyway one last question . Can I keep a white coat decayed like at 20/270 ped and still look the same ? Or will it get a nasty look like usual clothes ?

Anyway one last question . Can I keep a white coat decayed like at 20/270 ped and still look the same ? Or will it get a nasty look like usual clothes ?

nasty like usual :)

Back