the tiers are the best idea MA had since years

I like system too. Was confusing at first but its a great idea. Maybe it needs finetuning in some areas but thats another thing.
I will certainely try to upgrade some of my midlevel stuff if I just can find a spare one ;)

My opinion in red :)

I like your answers. They are straight to the point. Many players are so taken up with the mechanics of the tier system that they forgot the "real motive" behind MA's part in introducing this system. I know u know what i mean...

One more observation: MA scored one psychological win - reduction in less/ or no loot messages at PLAYERS expense ! Do u see it. Think along the "free" stuff that MA drops like natural stones, sweats, friuts and dungs. They are extending the concept more pervasively by dropping them as fragments. Got it? :eek:

Last edited:
The system need to be improved, look all items you cannot upgrade :

- every sga (they will not loot again probably ...)

I agree about what you are saying, at least with the SGA items. Should be changed to you can upgrade the item with a non SGA edition.

Eg. Opalo SGA can be upgraded with a normal Opalo.

...Maybe something like that..

I full agree with you. :)
Despite what some ubers think (i.e: whinning because they own a unique UL lethal weapon that can't be upgraded...), this is a very interesting VU where low/mid level items become usefull again...
Don't worry for them, those saying it is not fair will be certainly the first to profit of the system by buying weapons!

Gratz to MA and Marco!

How about I edit that for you?

As the title said. Implementing the tier system was a very smart move from MA. Actually the best in the last four years.

Just a few positive points:
- It's not that motivating to unlock new tiers on your item
- It will turn the UL market into a total mash
- Long time players will not be rewarded (Its only if you play from NOW for tiers not for however many years you've already played)
- Low/mid level player have chances to close the gap to the ubers (But at what cost?)
- A new market is born (Obviously)
- A new profession is created (And this helps everyone because?)
- More items with mark up may probably not drop
- Many unnecessary UL items get lost because they'll all get eaten by the tiering system
- Individualizing items is about as good as using a normal amp on a gun
- Maybe UL items will become useable again for ppl without 10/10 (wtf?)

There aren't much more positive points to add.

- It's motivating to unlock new tiers on your item

It is demotivating to be unable to unlock new tiers on your item.

- It will improve the UL market

How?
Most people would not consider upgrading most UL items. How will it improve the market?

- Long time players will be rewarded

This upgrade is about items not players, there is zero reward for long time players. Nothing.

- Low/mid level player have chances to close the gap to the ubbers

How?
The main advantage that ubers have is their greater skills which makes them more eco on unlimited weapons. They don't need to pay markup on (L) weapons.
How is making my item LESS eco going to help me to catch up with the ubers?

- A new market is born
- A new profession is created
- More items with mark up drop

Wrong.
Most of the components which have dropped are for upgrading unlimited items, most people in game will not be upgrading most items. There is 78 pages now and it will only increase.
Worthless components which no-one wants.

When you consider the amount of people that have looted/will loot a Socket VIII Component and then compare it to the amount of times that people will upgrade an item to tier VIII then you realise that components will be a buyers market at best. At worst they will be TT food.

The new profession associated with enhancers has some problems also.
It is very expensive for a click and the result is a small amount of enhancer. The markup on any enhancer will be too high to allow it's use in normal hunting.

You can't have great MU on all of the components that you loot and eco enhancers.

- Many unnecessary UL items got use again

How?

You need to upgrade an item to make any difference. To do that you need two of them. Then you will be allowed to use uneco enhancers.
If they were unnecessary before then they are no more necessary now.

- Individualizing items is a source of motivation

I am motivated by the idea of having a better item. Not by paying double for the same item, but then being able to ruin it's eco on purpose.

- Maybe UL items will become useable again for ppl without 10/10

Lol.
No seriously lol. :D

It is like being ingame the day that the E-15 amp was introduced and saying "Maybe UL items will become useable again for ppl without 10/10"

Enhancers will be less eco than an E-15, if you couldn't use a gun before because you didn't have the skills then enhancers will mean you have longer to wait until it is eco. Not less.

Just a few positive points:
- It's motivating to unlock new tiers on your item
- It will improve the UL market
- Long time players will be rewarded
- A new market is born
- More items with mark up drop
- Individualizing items is a source of motivation

- possibility to loose your item thus massive $$ costs
- i like the idea of more active players to increate tiers
- i would BUY items upgraded but im no gambler so no upgrading on my stuff
- unique items are fucked pure and simple
- agree any motivation is good

and I thot it was GREAT until I found out about the 5% , I was all fired up to rank to the top on everything I have I will never risk loosing the items I value, maybe the uber rich resller types can afford to loose many $k's risking an upgrade with only 50% change of working, so at best I can max out my shit and sell it for someone who wanted a tier 3 unlocked UL450 fap and adjmkv so 'hollow' pointless targets for me, I can see this being very cool for L but it looks like MA designed the whole thing with they're head up they're ass and its totally biased towards L and the UL higher middle end is screwed the uber rich uber class player could take the hit and the risk but the people who cannot risk loosing theyre 10-50k UL item is simply left ranking a pointless thing - I guess it does add some value to the item but as for best idea in ages ... no

good idea bad implementation, if this is the way of new features to come, the population as we know it will change, maybe this is good thing or bad thing who knows but I do know that MA will end up making more peds out of this.

but hell its still new maybe they'll change it to be a little more friendly for the risk adverse of us.

I like the concept but it seems poorly implemented.

Mods need to tell you EXACTLY what they do, not some vague description of what they do. I want to know what its going to do before i buy them.

Using up mods randomly is DUMB. You might lose 10 kiling 1 creature, its random after all. You cant predict what your overall efficiency is going to be because of that. I would have much rather it been like ammo, used up every shot, or like amps, tt value with decay. Random use is garbage.

Limited items having item specific tier up rates is dumb. Having to start over every gun you buy is dumb. Limited item tiers should be tied to the player not to the item.

Tiers tied to specific unlimited items is fine, but requiring another of the same item per tier is dumb.

Random tiering rates is dumb. So much fun buying hundreds of opallos from the TT and then inspecting each one till you get one with a good tier up rate. ETC.

Ammo multiplied by 100. Come on really? 1000 ammo per shot....make it more realistic. Id rather see 11.231 ammo then 1123 ammo. I know its just cosmetic. But its annoying seeing 1k in loot window and having to hover over it to see what you looted wen its only a couple pecs. Or not being able to tell how many shots i have left at a glance because i have 1.25M ammo showing. Its dumb.

I also fear that markup will make mods virtually useless. Mainly because of the current 1 quantity per click, and the cost of resources consumed. Unless these mods are VERY big, which i highly doubt they are, markup is going to kill their use. It would be a different story if peopel were buying 1ped of markup components and 100 ped of TT components per click or something. Just seems poorly thought out.

--------------

Sorry lot of complaints. I like the idea of the tiering system. I just think they did a PISS POOR job of implementation.

Pretty old thread with lots of good points back then. What do people think of the system now? I just purchased a new AS-129. Yup expensive gun I think, but I was successful on my first attempt and I will continue to use the spare fun to upgrade my other all the way. Ive seen many people over the months upgrading some pretty expensive items, so I would think it is worth it. Ive seen plenty of Shadow and other great MU items being Tiered up over the months.

- Maybe UL items will become useable again for ppl without 10/10
Tell that to my UL Viper whip that was purchased so that I could get in to taming! ...

Back