Expiring Auction Items

Dr.D.C.

Elite
Society
Glory Hound Irregulars
The expiring auction items in the log window don t report the tier numbers. By consequence PE auction (that already was enable to collect data about item sold with buyout) cannot give puntual information about many items.... Example a Korss 400L in the expiring auction items section can be tier0,1,7,etcetc so at the end you came out with a value that is no more valid because is a mix of 10 different kind of items (korss tier 0 to tier 10).
Ofc anyone can just don t care about Pe auction...... but a lot of websites depend totally or in part from Pe-auction: es
Chipping optimazer
Entropia Tool
Bob The Builder
Entropedia

:(

Do you believe MA/FPC did this on purpose to trouble the data that people use for trying to make their gameply as effective as possible?!

Maybe a poll should be created...

Do you believe MA/FPC did this on purpose to trouble the data that people use for trying to make their gameply as effective as possible?!

Maybe a poll should be created...

No NO man at all, i think they forget this. I really don t think there is any...purpose (but u see that now in the MV window in game is wrote "official auction data????).
I also think that if the Pe-auction owner decide that is enougth and close the website.... this will have large consequences.

(but u see that now in the MV window in game is wrote "official auction data

It has for a long time mate.

Can't believe you didn't notice. :scratch2:

posted in wrong thread.....move along, nothing to see here

What I want to know is why TT items don't have a market value now.

Does this mean you won't be able to auction a Tier 10 opalo? :confused:

Needs to be sorted out since its not just tt junk anymore when it has unlocked tiers.

What I want to know is why TT items don't have a market value now.

Does this mean you won't be able to auction a Tier 10 opalo? :confused:

Needs to be sorted out since its not just tt junk anymore when it has unlocked tiers.

well, i guess they will have

Hey, I'm the owner of PEA and I'd be more than happy to update PEA if buyout prices are ever released.

Bottom line is that the ingame market screen is convenient but totally insufficient when buying medium/big items. You need to have the actual transaction data to determine what auctions matter and what ones don't when determining the price. For example:

1: Auctions that were bought out have a very good chance of being priced too low. If it's priced too low then it's bought out right away but is that a fair representation of the actual value of the item? Hell no!

2: I would need to see the number of bids (and biddERS) on the auction. If there are many people bidding then I KNOW that this is the correct price. If not then It's not a representative price.

3: Unsold auctions also give a ton of info on the price. It says that this item sat in auction for a week at this price and not a single person bid. It means that this price is too high. In the ingame market screen this data is entirely lost.

Also, without full data available, how will I be able to figure out of there's someone trying to game the price!!?? This has been done (successfully) in the past and will again in the future if there's no way for a person to tell the difference. How do I trust the aggregate prices spoon-fed to me by MA? What have they done to discard the fraudulent auctions??

These are huge problems in the current implementation. If there was a stock market that made you guesstimate the sale prices NOBODY WOULD INVEST.

Travis

Hey, I'm the owner of PEA and I'd be more than happy to update PEA if buyout prices are ever released.

Bottom line is that the ingame market screen is convenient but totally insufficient when buying medium/big items. You need to have the actual transaction data to determine what auctions matter and what ones don't when determining the price. For example:

1: Auctions that were bought out have a very good chance of being priced too low. If it's priced too low then it's bought out right away but is that a fair representation of the actual value of the item? Hell no!

2: I would need to see the number of bids (and biddERS) on the auction. If there are many people bidding then I KNOW that this is the correct price. If not then It's not a representative price.

3: Unsold auctions also give a ton of info on the price. It says that this item sat in auction for a week at this price and not a single person bid. It means that this price is too high. In the ingame market screen this data is entirely lost.

Also, without full data available, how will I be able to figure out of there's someone trying to game the price!!?? This has been done (successfully) in the past and will again in the future if there's no way for a person to tell the difference. How do I trust the aggregate prices spoon-fed to me by MA? What have they done to discard the fraudulent auctions??

These are huge problems in the current implementation. If there was a stock market that made you guesstimate the sale prices NOBODY WOULD INVEST.

Travis

Thx to join this discussion (already many have kicked my ass!!!!)
In this case i m point the attention about the tier stuff.
A korss 400 (L) tier 10 it will be more expensive than a Korss 400 (L) tier 0, ofc. How damn we axtrapolate those data??????? The auction screen don t show the tier, than for the 2 guns you will obtain a medium price that , ofc, will be not indicative , es
korss 400 (L) tier 0= 100 %
korss 400 (L) tier 10= 300 %

but at that point cause we cannot discriminate our price for korss 400 (L) will be around 200%.... so wrong for both the case.
I know that many are not interested about PEauction, but this service for each trader is essential!!!!!!
Moreover are numbering the websites that use the peauction calculation for many tools..... how it s supposed to get good information from those tools if the data orgin are incorrect?????
Like i said i don t think MA/FPC are working against, i m just thinking that they didn t consider this, cause they are busy with CE2, updates etcetc.
I think there is nothing wrong to let them know that will be nice have their attention about this issue.

Thx to join this discussion (already many have kicked my ass!!!!)
In this case i m point the attention about the tier stuff.
A korss 400 (L) tier 10 it will be more expensive than a Korss 400 (L) tier 0, ofc. How damn we axtrapolate those data??????? The auction screen don t show the tier, than for the 2 guns you will obtain a medium price that , ofc, will be not indicative , es
korss 400 (L) tier 0= 100 %
korss 400 (L) tier 10= 300 %

but at that point cause we cannot discriminate our price for korss 400 (L) will be around 200%.... so wrong for both the case.
I know that many are not interested about PEauction, but this service for each trader is essential!!!!!!
Moreover are numbering the websites that use the peauction calculation for many tools..... how it s supposed to get good information from those tools if the data orgin are incorrect?????
Like i said i don t think MA/FPC are working against, i m just thinking that they didn t consider this, cause they are busy with CE2, updates etcetc.
I think there is nothing wrong to let them know that will be nice have their attention about this issue.

Indeed many people take for granted how many sites use PEA: WIKI, entropiabay, jdegre's awesome chipper, BOB etc. All of these sites rely on clean data from PEA to work.

Your point about tiers is a good one. I'd be happy to code some way of visualizing prices of various tiers ( I have a few good ideas ) but without data it's obviously not going to work. Have you noticed how MA has decided to do this in the market screen? They've only included auctions of that type WITH THAT EXACT TIER in the auction data. This further dilutes the information available to you during pricing. For something so central to the game, it seems like it's been mostly forgotten.

However, there seems to have been a graphics update on the market screen. It looks better but the functionality has remained unchanged and is still lightyears behind where it should be.

MA, THIS IS A CENTRAL THEME OF YOUR GAME. FIX IT.

well actually a little improuve from this:
Item Quantity Value Bid Bids
to this
Item Tiers Quantity Value Bid Bids

could be already a step forward and actually it will fit with the in game market value way. I agree still is not the best way to analyze the market, but i guess we know already the ....difficulty from MA to realease inside data.
An upgreade about this it would be more than welcome IMO.

..... PM sent to MArco.

The info from MA is that in 2010 sometime (probably second half) an major auction overhaul will be made (and Search is in!).

Date not confirmed yet though.

The info from MA is that in 2010 sometime (probably second half) an major auction overhaul will be made (and Search is in!).

Berthas up late?> So are you? :) Like LL said .....I needs Luuuurve!

Jamhot

i see, maybe EntropiaBAy is teaching some!!!!! glad about this. I cannot wait to see this new update....2015 i guess.

Have a good night.

Would you like us to provide a list of thinks MA have said that have either been extremly delayed or never happened at all? :ahh:

While an overhauled auction would be great, it would be a tremendous help if buyouts could be listed on the page I scrape for auction data. Something like "Recent Buyouts" and then a list of the auctions bought out in the last 10 minutes. This would instantly make the prices on PEA jive with ingame prices and people would feel more comfortable researching items on WIKI and feel much more comfortable with big ticket item prices because they've done the math themselves(me included).

The page is:
http://cl.entropiauniverse.com/clientloader/expiring-auction-items/index.xml

Back