Real test: This is how armor enhancers work

My question now is.. does it affect the plates on the piece too? Or just the base equipment?

My question now is.. does it affect the plates on the piece too? Or just the base equipment?
With this VU, the armor stats are cumulative, there is no separate before and after stats.

Plates can't take on tiers...

So I guess it's just the base armor.

Base armor x tiers + plate

I'm sorry I can't test the decay and how it gets used, the enhancers are a few tens of peds atm...

Curious about enhancers, do they decay? Are they limited?

Maybe them decay with same equation of the armour them are attached to? Please? But if them increase the protection, does that mean increased decay for same TT of armour so actually decrease of durability? :umn:

Quite seriously, they randomly break & remove themselves (unknown of they 'disappear' as in get consumed, or simply 'break' and remove to inventory). They are stackables, and you are supposed to have a stack of them per tier slot.

So the 1st tier armor enhancer is a 5% boost over base stats. Interesting to know if 2nd tier is a 10% or 6%...
And doubly pissed that UL armor is going to be impossible to upgrade (or near uber-status in money required...).

More questions: if enhancers are stakable,

1) how many can u put into the tier slot u unlock?

2) is there a max?

3) if max enchancers is placed in the slot, what is the max % gain?

My thoughts on random decay of the enhancers introduced by MA is:

1) prevent the players from calculating the economy of the item, thus confusing the market MU of the item, at least initially ( and this may take a long, long while). But once the tier one economy is more or less established, players again have to figure out the economy of the items at the next tier level and so on at the expense of players PEDS, lol

3) Since tiers are item specific, its more likely the item may break (for L) before reaching a higher stat

4) for UL items, there may be a cap somewhere to limit the stat

5) if MA need extra peds (read cash) they can milk the players quietly by decaying with a higher margin any time they want

My 2 pecs, good luck to MA. :eyecrazy:

- The benefit granted by enhancers remains the same, no matter how big the stack attached on that particular slot.

- Upon use of the item (i.e. weapon being fired, armor part being hit, etc.) there is an unknown chance of the enhancer stack size attached to the item decreasing (by 1 unit at a time, hopefully).

The important thing in this information is that Tier increases of 5% exactly all stats related.

It probably means that all enchancers work like that, I am thinking to the dmg increase on weapons, all weapons will have same % increase from same enchancer, so there's not a weapon that is favorite from this VU and one that doesn't...

And it means that if a Mod Merc increases his max DMG of (example) 5% maybe we'll see soon a Tiered Mod Merc :D

Sniff Sniff, whats that I smell?

Oh yeah more bullshit from MA/FPC ;)

ahahah! I remember this! I can see my avatar with the pink and green bowler in the background! :D

They're stackables like ammo, except they randomly deplete instead of regularily

it cant possibly be random, shirley that would be gambling :eyecrazy:

Therefor, it must not be random, it must be a combination of how much you deposited, your total skill level, how long you played, the phase of the moon maybe :laugh:

I agree this makes it very difficult to decide the value of the enhancers. Since the chance to break on each use is surely quite low, it will take tons of testing to even approximate an average number of hits each enhancer will take. The variability will be very high.

Since the durability stat remains unchanged, most likely the armor will decay according to the normal formula, which takes into account the amount of damage actually protected, and the durability of the armor.

An interesting question is whether the minimum decay for the armor increases by 5% along with the total damage protection of the armor. Should be easy to test this with a tiered ghost armor taking a hit from a snable.

Thanks for posting the info, +rep.

With this VU, the armor stats are cumulative, there is no separate before and after stats.

Plates can't take on tiers...

So I guess it's just the base armor.

Base armor x tiers + plate

I'm sorry I can't test the decay and how it gets used, the enhancers are a few tens of peds atm...

You could double-check this by adding a plate to your armor piece with the enhancer, to see whether the old plate protection is added, or if 5% extra is added to the plate as well.

You could double-check this by adding a plate to your armor piece with the enhancer, to see whether the old plate protection is added, or if 5% extra is added to the plate as well.
I will if I find another enhancer when I log in.

Please remember, that during testing, the person that gets an item to tier 1.0, is unable to pvp trade the item, and usually the person that has the enhancers, doesn't have the items, making it a bit hard to test.

U can trade tiered item via private now(for UL gun I tested)

Back