FYI: Clarification given about Merry Mayhem rules by MA

This is indeed outright ridiculous!

Thanks for starting this thread though, cuz this year I was set out to join the competition.

But after reading this I think I will spend the time with my family instead.

What a rip off of the mayhem event!!

Bleh, another typicall MA f#ck up! :scratch2:

This is indeed outright ridiculous!

Thanks for starting this thread though, cuz this year I was set out to join the competition.

But after reading this I think I will spend the time with my family instead.

What a rip off of the mayhem event!!

Bleh, another typicall MA f#ck up! :scratch2:
So if everyone does quit, then their prophecies will be realized.

Instead if you were not to quit, you would not allow the downsides explained above to happen.

The power is yours, have fun giving it away, have fun whining later ...

and I hate to point this out but in relation to Stars complaint about him not having a chance to get top 1 or 2 places because others have bigger guns than him ( poor thing ) well this does level the playing field for him but not for the rest of us.

This is the point of the new rules. Takes the one big gun out of the equation.

Apart from what has been stated already in regards to uber socs winning all categories even if it is not obvious.

I messaged them under 'events' and this is the reply:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009-12-22 08:55 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

We thank you for your feedback, which will be forwarded to the Event organizers. Have a nice day in Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a feeling its kinda standard.

I'm going to sell myself out as a support gun to help fund Crystal Palace! :)

I am not 100% sure that the support person you've gotten in touch with can answer the question. The way the rule reads currently makes it appear that teams using the TEAM SYSTEM are allowed at this point. I'm not sure that's how they meant it but it may have been lost in the translation from Swedish to English on how to clarify that point.

I would like to think that they just meant support teams (NOT using the official team system within EU) are allowed for this event. Their Q&A seems to point to a different conclusion of course but I still believe their intention was referring to the unofficial "teams" not using actual in game system for teaming. Perhaps Marco can shed some light on this? :)

Agreed that 11 people falling into category 4 mixed with 1 person from category 3 is ridiculous to allow. As it appears by the initial Q&A, this is indeed allowed. I'm just failing to see the reason why someone would want to do such a grueling contest without having a fair shot at winning it. Although it is fun to some degree, I can promise you it is nothing but serious business at the upper echelons of EU.

I can't say 100% whether or not I'll be in Mayhem this year due to the effort I've been devoting to getting CP purchased. I can say that I'd change a lot about its rules if I were in charge of it (which wouldn't only suit me winning). I'd even sacrifice my rights to Mayhem this year if I could assist in editing the Mayhem rules to be adjusted for the sake of fairness for all in the community for years to come.

True teaming makes no sense in this case as I could sit on the couch eating pork rinds all day while my society mates killed everything. Just wandering around like an emperer clicking the mobs then proceeding back to watching TV waiting for them to finish the next mob. It makes little or no sense if it is set up that way because the winner could actually win without firing a single shot.

Any further clarification would be greatly appreciated. My offer about not participating in Mayhem wasn not a joke. Let me know if you'd accept my assistance.

As I said in my original post where I suggested things for Mayhem 2009,I feel (Limited) gear is the only way to truly solve the "big gun" problem. This team attempt may be one way MA/FPC was intending to prevent that, but it unfortunately is going to present a wide range of other issues as we've all pointed out. I realize there is no good solution and MA/FPC are trying their hardest to find one but I'm not sure that this is the way to go.

I'd be willing to guess with so little time left that this will be the one they will ultimately stick with. Having run events myself it is really difficult to keep changing the rules and have everyone stay entirely notified of these changes without causing an uproar in relation to the change as well.

Star,

A much appreciated post.

Regards

Zyloc

I agree with what you say, but I would just like to point out the following:
Agreed that 11 people falling into category 4 mixed with 1 person from category 3 is ridiculous to allow.
Last year, there were Cat4 people helping Cat3 individuals and no one complained about it. The difference between 'Support Teams' or 'Team System' (as you called it) is not that big.

The real issue is this:

The points are given to the one that does the 'loot action' independently of the damage he inflicts.

The difference between 'Support Teams' or 'Team System' (as you called it) is not that big.

Yes it is.

Its all about killspeed.
Last year the person competing would need to perform at least killing over half damage and then do the looting.

Now the person competing could just hop from dead to dead mob and loot as fast as some Ubers kill the mobs.
Its easily a difference by 10 times more mobs to be looted in the same timeframe.

I keep arguing with Support about this...

2009-12-21 12:11 You wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply. I will take note that while participating in the Merry Mayhem 2009 event, any of the creatures that fit my designated category mob, that I attempt and SUCCESSFULLY LOOT will give me the specified points (as the rules detail), regardless of my participation as an individual/team member, regardless of damage inflicted to the mob, and regardless of loot distribution rules.

Regards,
Andrei

2009-12-23 10:10 Entropia Universe Support:

That is correct.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Kind regards,

I am not 100% sure that the support person you've gotten in touch with can answer the question. The way the rule reads currently makes it appear that teams using the TEAM SYSTEM are allowed at this point. I'm not sure that's how they meant it but it may have been lost in the translation from Swedish to English on how to clarify that point.

I would like to think that they just meant support teams (NOT using the official team system within EU) are allowed for this event. Their Q&A seems to point to a different conclusion of course but I still believe their intention was referring to the unofficial "teams" not using actual in game system for teaming. Perhaps Marco can shed some light on this? :)

The same has ocurred to me. I haven't altogether lost hope that this is, indeed, the case

Of course, this possibilty raises a further problem, unless we do hear from Marco. Being misinformed about the rules, people may spend a lot of money, only to find that they unwittingly disqualified themselves

jay

True teaming makes no sense in this case as I could sit on the couch eating pork rinds all day while my society mates killed everything. Just wandering around like an emperer clicking the mobs then proceeding back to watching TV waiting for them to finish the next mob. It makes little or no sense if it is set up that way because the winner could actually win without firing a single shot.

Right.

May I remind al who agree with this statement to please sign the petition:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/merry-mayhem/174395-petition-no-teaming-rule-mayhem.html

If Marco posts to say it isn't a mistake, teaming really is allowed, it will be too late to protest by then.

jay

If Marco posts to say it isn't a mistake, teaming really is allowed, it will be too late to protest by then.

For me personally, its already too late. I pulled out as soon as support got back to me about the rule and also pulled out after reading threads in this forum. Merry Mayhem is no longer a competitive event, it is now officially a top20-50 soc race to see who can drop and loot mobs the fastest.

Not only that, a lot of top50 soc's have low tier societies as well, which also adds to the pain of "competitiveness".

I agree with what you say, but I would just like to point out the following:

Last year, there were Cat4 people helping Cat3 individuals and no one complained about it. The difference between 'Support Teams' or 'Team System' (as you called it) is not that big.

The real issue is this:

The points are given to the one that does the 'loot action' independently of the damage he inflicts.

The difference was that last year the one from Cat3 had to do 51% of damage that the mob counted to his result. With the new rules each of his 11 team members can have it's own softeners and I bet Star wouldnt have time to watch TV and eat pork between looting the mobs - think about 11 uber with softeners killing Itumatroxes - the looter would have a lot of corps to loot from this 11 teammembers - so if AoW, M2S etc. would organize it like on last LG, they could surely cash in at least the first place in Cat 3 and 4 if not also second places....

Yes it is.

Its all about killspeed.
Last year the person competing would need to perform at least killing over half damage and then do the looting.

Now the person competing could just hop from dead to dead mob and loot as fast as some Ubers kill the mobs.
Its easily a difference by 10 times more mobs to be looted in the same timeframe.

Again, as I said, the issue is 'The points are given to the one that does the 'loot action' independently of the damage he inflicts'. That is the problem. Not the teaming itself!

The difference was that last year the one from Cat3 had to do 51% of damage that the mob counted to his result.
Says who ? They just needed to be in a team. And don't tell me that it was not possible to be in a team last year.

With the new rules each of his 11 team members can have it's own softeners...
The rules are exactly the same as last year's! The difference is that last year none of us would thought of participating in the Merry Meyhem as part of a 'System Team' (as Star called it).

P.S. Just so that it's clear, I don't like MM being played in Teams (be it Support Teams, nor 'System Teams' and that's why I've always done it solo. However, I have nothing against the ones who do it, as they are playing by the rules and it demands quite an effort. I'd prefer MM to be a solo event, though.

Last edited:
Makes me laugh

I can't help but chuckle at some of the posters in this thread complaining how level 3 may well be dominated by a level 4 team with a level 3 looter and then in the same post, talk about how they were going to chip down to level 3 :scratch2:

Please explain how that is fair on genuine level 3 competitors. Complaining about a category you shouldn't be in :rolleyes:

As usual, this event has been placed out of reach of normal players. Do it solo with the players put in groupings before the MM rules are announced. No teams and no chippers.

The rules are exactly the same as last year's!

Oooooh Oooooh!!!
I tried to find any statement by MA to proof you wrong but you are right!

Crickey!

2009-12-23 10:29 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Adriaan,

Thank you for reporting this and we are sorry to hear that you are displeased with the rules set for Merry Mayhem. Please rest assured that your feedback will be forwarded to the Event organizers but, unfortunately, the rules can not be changes at this stage.

We wish you Happy Holidays and we thank you for your participation in Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,

2009-12-23 19:09 You wrote:

Well last year mobs got a last minute change and so did the rules.

If its not changed alot of people will be upset, great costumer management on top of recent screw ups.

Congratulations on officialy destroying the ONLY good event FPC sofar has.

WHY THE HELL are there even catergories if u can help in other cats?

Its a definately a gave away to higher skilled players now.

And could I please have the name of whoever is responsible for organizing events for FPC?

Kind regards,

A very upset and angry long term costumer.

RIP MM, and especially for that lie in that support case. U can change it, you wont that are 2 completely different things.

But then again, you guys suck at english. And at costumer support and at so much more. To much, Why the fuck am I still playing this game.. :confused:

we've now had some relevant feedback from Marco on the petition thread (page 15)

jay

Be thankfull all you members who read EF

Imagine the non EF players going in blind with no idea what they are up against.

Jung

I dont see why "the rules can't be changed at this point"

MA loves to change rules in the middle of things, last years MM was changed, mall decorating contest, land grabs, etc etc etc

MA made rule that way to be "sure" to get as much player as possible shooting...
I think it do the other way around , since many people will not manage to make team of 12 to be ready , so they will not even bother to participe.

Things should have been made diferent...
Team should have been fobiden , and mobs count only when kill over 70% or so (to avoid abuse).

I think MA will give away land and shadow for very very cheap this year...

All EF members who have non EF friends on EU get them to send a support case in.

Just over 24 hrs to get ma to revoke the teams rule

It can be done.

MA made rule that way to be "sure" to get as much player as possible shooting...
I think it do the other way around , since many people will not manage to make team of 12 to be ready , so they will not even bother to participe.

Team should have been fobiden , and mobs count only when kill over 70% or so (to avoid abuse).

Yeah too much greed leads to the opposite. Remember Land Grab 2009, I do but MA obviously not.

I whas thinkin the same , one click and disable teaming .

In future solo events i would sugest they look into havin mobs locked on first tager as well , ther is many difrent solutions who could be tested .

neverless im glad this info came out in time so we all know what chanses and ods we would have if competing.

Just over 24 hrs to get ma to revoke the teams rule

It can be done.

I agree. It CAN be done.

MA now say they don't have the monitoring tools to implement "No teaming" for this year but a few of us are arguing about that one. See the back end of the petition thread.

Better still, start a thread called: "No teaming: it CAN be done!" or something similar, lifting out the relevant quotes (especially Rumple's), cos this discussion is too critical, now, to inhabit the back end of any thread. Would do it myself, but really busy IRL

jay

well does not look like this will be changed this year :mad:

but bump to front and maybe FPC will have a change of heart and realise the unfairness of this.

Back