Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rob RobVee Vee
    Society
    Dutch Elite Squad
    Images

Taming: the waiting...

So, we wait.

Actually, I can't wait for taming to return to us. Can't wait to update the http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...ock-chart.html with all the new possibilities when taming comes back and I certainly can't wait to update the http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...hall-fame.html.

Back in 2005 when taming was first introduced the release notes started with: "The first stage of the Taming system is introduced (...)". We never got the second stage. In fact, the first stage is now removed all together. I can understand the removal with VU 10.0 being a major upgrade, but there are so many possiblities for taming in a MMORPG like ours. Please speed up the re-introduction! Let's hope taming will be back in 2010!

Here are some quotes from Marco, indicating the return of taming in 2010:

Quote Originally Posted by Marco|FPC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taming and Mindforce is for 2010. As to no performance optimizations, I have to disagree. Several big steps has been taken during the fall for increasing performance, especially for lower settings, and even more optimizations will come next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco|FPC View Post
    Taming will come during 2010. It is one of those systems that probably isn't just converted, but rather evolved, when it is released.
    Please make it early 2010!

For those who are interested in taming, while you are waiting, here you can read the original release notes for VU 7.8: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=VU&name=7.8

Let the countdown begin!

Taming: the waiting continues... update for for 2011:

So, we're still waiting. Below are some quotes from Kim (MindArk), both posted on the 13th of May 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk
    Hi there,

Unfortunately I can't get into a discussion regarding compensation since thats very far from my area of expertise.

I can tell you that we at game design have worked on taming lately so it's definately something we are looking to bring back to Entropia, no ETA as of yet though.
    http://www.entropiaforum.com/forum/2570923-post2.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk
    A small update, the earliest possible release for the taming system would be sometime during the fourth quarter of this year but alot could change before then.
    http://www.entropiaforum.com/forum/2570973-post5.html
    Last edited by RobVee; 06-07-2011 at 06:28. Reason: Added quotes from Kim|MindArk

Maxic
    Society
    Gloryhound Irregulars
    Images
    Yeah, I hope taming gets improved/reintroduced soon. Personally I think they could have done tha trather than confuse us all with the new tier system, or maybe that is required for what they intend to do with taming? I assume MA/FPC have a roadmap showing what needs to be done in which order, but it seems that changing the hunting system seems to have a higher priority than anything else.
    I would like to see a better balance between the professions which emans that, amongst other things, taming needs to be radically extended. I've never really understood why it is so restricted as to which mobs can be tamed. That ought to be an easy fix. Then there are the ideas as to how we should be able to use the mobs we tame, riding on them for example. Hope to see something in 2011.

Maxic

from : http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=VU&name=7.8

quote : A tamed pet is currently not killable. This will change in upcoming VU:s. say wut??

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rob RobVee Vee
    Society
    Dutch Elite Squad
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by carpatha View Post

quote : A tamed pet is currently not killable. This will change in upcoming VU:s. say wut??
    Would make sense when using pets as attack buddy. Other than that, it would probably also be good for pet business.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Gravillion L Chetara
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by carpatha View Post

Awwww! That's probably to discourage people (like myself) using pets as shields to run spiders

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Velikii Komby Kombinator
    Society
    CCCP
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think the Tier system will do wonders for pets, tier your daiki to level 10 and see what ahappens Skill up the whip for now, level 10 cobra ME may come in handy.

the first 5years >>> BooBGirL Juicy WeT ...>>>>...and...now...>>>>... Juicy Fruit Monster
    Society
    Fresh & Funky
    Images
    meh all the tier stuff , and how to tier my whip up if i need a second and third for each tier ? and funny no more mentor items are comming ...

i better buy lots of whips and form later a whipping team for the case we will be able for atrox once , wich i dont beleave in...

because MA will add probaly even more new stuff that none wants , before they get back to pets.

was a nice investment to skill pets ... for MA ... for us , just a scam ? meh i am getting mad...

just say thx to MA for that great investment oportunity

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rob RobVee Vee
    Society
    Dutch Elite Squad
    Images

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Kombinator View Post
    I think the Tier system will do wonders for pets, tier your daiki to level 10 and see what ahappens Skill up the whip for now, level 10 cobra ME may come in handy.
    I never stopped skilling. Whipping other mobs than potential pets still gives whip skill and scanning animals still gives zoology skill.

Marco already said the 'evolved' version of taming will come in 2010. At the prestent date that's at most only 373 days away. We've waited for years, a few more days can't hurt that much.

Let the countdown begin!

373 days to go!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Velikii Komby Kombinator
    Society
    CCCP
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Right on buddy Now if I can figure out how to upgrade my damn whip which is at Tier 0.9 would be great, so far seems I need to find another whip and the market is kinda thin on those

the first 5years >>> BooBGirL Juicy WeT ...>>>>...and...now...>>>>... Juicy Fruit Monster
    Society
    Fresh & Funky
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kombinator View Post
    Right on buddy Now if I can figure out how to upgrade my damn whip which is at Tier 0.9 would be great, so far seems I need to find another whip and the market is kinda thin on those
    and lots other components and chance to lose the item , and probaly need for one more, because the next tier ?

Page 1 of 91 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 51 ... LastLast