FYI: Taming: the waiting...

Status
Still no server down for new VU announced yet ?

Hey Bertha, wake up.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2014/05/28/Communication-and-development-roadmap.xml

The next content release is scheduled for September 23.

The content release has been delayed until October 7.

But I see now...

Delayed for another week, new target date is Oct 14.

Let's meet in january 2018 for taming...

Better to delay it than releasing unfinished or bugged content. However, they could postpone it a month at a time instead of a week.

Since 2009 :scratch2:

A month :silly2: optimist ;)

Don't worry, there will be tons of bugs as usual :duh:

...and we'll wait months and months to see them fixed.

MA will have the players tame the bugs as usual.:D

Better to delay it than releasing unfinished or bugged content. However, they could postpone it a month at a time instead of a week.

Mindark prefers to both delay the content, AND release it with bugs. Kind of a best of both worlds thing.

Mindark prefers to both delay the content, AND release it with bugs. Kind of a best of both worlds thing.

Btw, the main rule for a future pet in whip-taming process is not to be shot...

Funny how when it was released, I made sure if i was attacked, to shoot the other mobs letting my tamed-process mob behind me.

And guess what ? :

My shots were shooting the mob I was taming BEHIND me.

Just in case this happens again in the next release,
a bit hard to swallow it will be a bug !

can't wait to see taming back... i realy miss my pets. ok, I think they are death now :(

Let's meet in january 2018 for taming...[/QUOTE]

Love your optimism, taming will just be making it onto the drawing board in early 2018:)

oops Akbar already said it :)

Well we waited what... 8 years for Stage 2 taming right :) (and we didn't ever get it)

Whats another few days to get Taming stage 1.

Hope I'm not seeing a pattern here, Stage one 14th Oct then 8 years later still no Stage 2

An official message to tell us this update will be without bugs,
wow, I applaude !

I did not know you had a quality department @ Mindark, this is new.

I wish I belong to this Dpt,
all VU would be with happy customers, and silly jumping icons.

2014_10_07_new_release_small.jpg

Originally Posted Here

MA will have the players tame the bugs as usual.:D

There really should be a 'bug' avaiable as tameable pet at high difficulty and the special ability of reappearing whenever someone thinks to have got rid of it ;)

These special pets should only be named after the most famous bugs/error messages in eu.

Could be a funny way for tamers to display some 'bugs' they think need attention ;)

Someone has to post it:

1885 days without taming

(From and including: Monday, August 17, 2009 To, but not including Wednesday, October 15, 2014)

Or 5 years, 1 month, 28 days excluding the end date.

Someone has to post it:

1885 days without taming

(From and including: Monday, August 17, 2009 To, but not including Wednesday, October 15, 2014)

Or 5 years, 1 month, 28 days excluding the end date.

Holy s... if someone asked me when did the Taming got taken away, i would have said about 2years ago... but 5.. damn time flies.

Don't worry little buddy, I know it's been dark inside your box for all these years, I have tonnes of food ready! I will take you to a big open field to play with all the other freed Daikibas!
I will shed a tear today when my little Daiky takes his first steps again...

Don't worry little buddy, I know it's been dark inside your box for all these years, I have tonnes of food ready! I will take you to a big open field to play with all the other freed Daikibas!
I will shed a tear today when my little Daiky takes his first steps again...

You just made me hope that all pets will be rubberbanding :p

here we are :)
time to meet my pet
animated_gif_animals_0150.gif

I started playing EU after the taming system was removed, but that's why I started playing. I'm really excited it's back and I am looking forward to trying it.

click to view full pic

THEY'RE BACK!!!!!

:bull::whip:

i'm so glad your pet system is back...

I just can't wait to see what 10 years amounts to in the following months.

Moving on...if anoyone is up for resurrecting the list and getting some healthy competition going lets do it.

Is not so back.
Pets dont have basic comands like follow, stand still, run to selected object or point...
Skill gains?
By taming about 300 nusull punies and TT them as needed - inventory item limit is 200 i got 6 whip skill gain messages, 4 animal taming and 2 lore - not points but messages in chat.
By using brush i didnt gain any.
By having pet spawned doing tricks and then regenerating focus i got few skill messages for taming and lore ( handling)
I did lvl one nusul to lvl 10.
All suming in 1 tame point skill increase and 6 lore points skill increase.
In other words there is no skill gains.
By scaning pet for 4 hours non stop on auto i got 1 skill gain mesage for scaning animal and 1 message for zoology
Agin not points but skill gain message in chat.
And im low lvl tamer.

Conclusion - maybe pets are back but not as it was before.
New pet system will be probably based on your pedcard to buy him skills from web shop or from stable owner.
Or MA will increase skill gain to normal once they introduce new skills as they mentioned.

Yep, all good points, skill gains are non-existent, functionality is highly limited, so that definitely needs to change.

There is a way to auto skill by just standing there, which is kind of onew but painfully slow and ineffectual.

I am guessing the high level pet stuff will indeed be very PED card dependent, but curious to see if they manage to roll out a meaningflu taming framework, with all mons tamable, special missions, HOFs, functionality etc.

I am a bit worried about this "new skills" language", as it will kind of fuck over those of us that were forced to hybernate for 5 years. Unless the new skills are automatically given to existing tamers in direct relation to current skill levels it will be just a super gian FU from Ma, one of many, but still...

Is not so back.
Pets dont have basic comands like follow, stand still, run to selected object or point...
Skill gains?
By taming about 300 nusull punies and TT them as needed - inventory item limit is 200 i got 6 whip skill gain messages, 4 animal taming and 2 lore - not points but messages in chat.
By having pet spawned doing tricks and then regenerating focus i got few skill messages for taming and lore ( handling)
By scaning pet for 4 hours non stop on auto i got 1 skill gain mesage for scaning animal and 1 message for zoology
And im low lvl tamer.

New pet system will be probably based on your pedcard to buy him skills from web shop or from stable owner.
Or MA will increase skill gain to normal once they introduce new skills as they mentioned.

Happy to see i'm not the only one saying that taming is not back, and that actually today, the skill return is shit and it is quite nothing else than a waste of money...

I invite you to read my Taming with a whip thread.

Is not so back.
Skill gains?
And im low lvl tamer.

You might have skills that are too high for now. These are puny mobs. you wouldn't expect many skill gains hutning puny mobs at high levels so why taming them? In comparison, my avatar that barely existed last time we had taming, has gained 2 whole profession levels doing a similar amount of taming.

I am getting no skill messages on the daiki either, so the puny is not an issue.

The number of lines appearing is just dismal, obviously at higher levels the level growth is very slow, but there are no lines at all.

Taming is back in name, but to make it meaningful a lot still needs to be done. And I am still interested in seeing how MA totally swept the idea of compensation or gifts to fucked over tamers under the carpet not even acknowledging that as a viable and fair thing to do.

Status
Back