FYI: Taming: the waiting...

Status

RobVee

Animal Tamer
Society
Shaolin
Rob RobVee Vee
So, we wait.

Actually, I can't wait for taming to return to us. Can't wait to update the https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...aming-related-ability-skill-unlock-chart.html with all the new possibilities when taming comes back and I certainly can't wait to update the https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/taming/62264-taming-related-all-time-hall-fame.html.

Back in 2005 when taming was first introduced the release notes started with: "The first stage of the Taming system is introduced (...)". We never got the second stage. In fact, the first stage is now removed all together. I can understand the removal with VU 10.0 being a major upgrade, but there are so many possiblities for taming in a MMORPG like ours. Please speed up the re-introduction! Let's hope taming will be back in 2010!

Here are some quotes from Marco, indicating the return of taming in 2010:

Taming and Mindforce is for 2010. As to no performance optimizations, I have to disagree. Several big steps has been taken during the fall for increasing performance, especially for lower settings, and even more optimizations will come next year.

Taming will come during 2010. It is one of those systems that probably isn't just converted, but rather evolved, when it is released.

Please make it early 2010! :whip:

For those who are interested in taming, while you are waiting, here you can read the original release notes for VU 7.8: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=VU&name=7.8

Let the countdown begin!

Taming: the waiting continues... update for for 2011:

So, we're still waiting. Below are some quotes from Kim (MindArk), both posted on the 13th of May 2011.

Kim|MindArk said:
Hi there,

Unfortunately I can't get into a discussion regarding compensation since thats very far from my area of expertise.

I can tell you that we at game design have worked on taming lately so it's definately something we are looking to bring back to Entropia, no ETA as of yet though.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/2570923-post2.html

Kim|MindArk said:
A small update, the earliest possible release for the taming system would be sometime during the fourth quarter of this year but alot could change before then.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/2570973-post5.html

Last edited:
Reactions: jak
Yeah, I hope taming gets improved/reintroduced soon. Personally I think they could have done tha trather than confuse us all with the new tier system, or maybe that is required for what they intend to do with taming? I assume MA/FPC have a roadmap showing what needs to be done in which order, but it seems that changing the hunting system seems to have a higher priority than anything else.
I would like to see a better balance between the professions which emans that, amongst other things, taming needs to be radically extended. I've never really understood why it is so restricted as to which mobs can be tamed. That ought to be an easy fix. Then there are the ideas as to how we should be able to use the mobs we tame, riding on them for example. Hope to see something in 2011.

I think the Tier system will do wonders for pets, tier your daiki to level 10 and see what ahappens:) Skill up the whip for now, level 10 cobra ME may come in handy.

meh all the tier stuff , and how to tier my whip up if i need a second and third for each tier ? and funny no more mentor items are comming ...

i better buy lots of whips and form later a whipping team for the case we will be able for atrox once , wich i dont beleave in...

because MA will add probaly even more new stuff that none wants , before they get back to pets.

was a nice investment to skill pets ... for MA ... for us , just a scam ? meh i am getting mad...

just say thx to MA for that great investment oportunity :censored:

I think the Tier system will do wonders for pets, tier your daiki to level 10 and see what ahappens:) Skill up the whip for now, level 10 cobra ME may come in handy.

I never stopped skilling. Whipping other mobs than potential pets still gives whip skill and scanning animals still gives zoology skill.

Marco already said the 'evolved' version of taming will come in 2010. At the prestent date that's at most only 373 days away. We've waited for years, a few more days can't hurt that much.

Let the countdown begin! :whip:

373 days to go!

Right on buddy:) Now if I can figure out how to upgrade my damn whip which is at Tier 0.9 would be great, so far seems I need to find another whip and the market is kinda thin on those:)

Right on buddy:) Now if I can figure out how to upgrade my damn whip which is at Tier 0.9 would be great, so far seems I need to find another whip and the market is kinda thin on those:)

and lots other components and chance to lose the item , and probaly need for one more, because the next tier ?

Chance to lose the item is 2% for me, so rather small. The ingredients are expensive, but noone said this will be easy:)

Get to work MA/FPC, there are now only 369 days left to bring back taming in 2010. This thread can be used as your personal reminder service. I will be right here, counting down the days.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, when Marco made the big thread about MF coming back I was half hoping he would make another on taming...but nope, nothing.

I do hope that we are all pleasantly surprised when a huge taming overhaul comes and the system becomes even half as rich and vibrant as it could be with multiple levels of pets, expanded range of creatures, options, gear etc.

So far the fact that thyey removed it from the gam altogether as strange as that sounds is probably a good thing, as it needed a revamp from the ground up. I just hope they don't forget to reinsert it:)

Happy new year all

Fingers crossed for taming VU in 2010

happynewyear.jpg
[/IMG]

Haha! Max. 358 days to go...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sent a ticket about "what about my investment in taming" a few days ago. I doubt, we get taming in the next months.

Did the same, support replied they will inform Marco of this...I agree on the few months, but I do think it will come

Hopes it comme fast. Never timed in my live but saved a lot of fruit and want to use it to get in this proffesion ;)

Don't expect it to come fast, but do expect it in mid to late 2010, hopefully as a full fledged well thought out system with true capabilities.

Max. 352 days to go!
Posted via Mobile Device

Max. 352 days to go!
Posted via Mobile Device

...in theory. The fact that you are counting and that most things in the universe happen later rather than earlier makes me look forward to 2011 already.

Time to start scratching the mold off the Nutrio Bars (what? You didn't eat them yourself, did you?)

Remember RobVee, all my fruit are belong to you. :rofl:

I'm sure of one thing.

It will arrive ..... wait for it ...... this decade :rolleyes:

Btw: Is it a good time to buy my tamming gear or are the prices high because no one is suplying??

I'm sure of one thing.

It will arrive ..... wait for it ...... this decade :rolleyes:

Btw: Is it a good time to buy my tamming gear or are the prices high because no one is suplying??

If it comes this year: yes.

If it doesn't: well, you might have some PED stuck in those items...

If it doesn't comme this year I will go to MA in sweaden and get my peds back :D

Hi.

I think they not take very much time. People continue find fruit in ground and fruit and sweetstuff and nutribars have market value now. Tamers can save all this for feed future peds, or people can not sell for perhaps price up a lot when taming return.

Greetings. Milesio.

Status
Back