FYI: Taming: the waiting...

Status
Lots of sad little bastards in this game for sure :) Ignore them, it's the only highlight in their sad little lives, just makes you visit the forums less and less.

good luck.

Show them to everyone is forbbiden, so I .... try :) to avoid it.

But I won't fall to their level, neg reps is a tool for kids.

Just sad. - he must be timewarp's brother.

EDIT : lol, thank to all others for the sudden support !
but Timewarp seem to have a 2nd brother again (syntax error family).

Last edited:
Time for a update on the Taming situation.

Year 2005.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=VU&name=7.8

Originally posted by Entropedia

PROJECT ENTROPIA VERSION UPDATE 7.8

2005-11-23

*** PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PROJECT ENTROPIA! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING PROJECT ENTROPIA SUPPORT! ***

VERSION UPDATE FEATURES

Taming

The first stage of the Taming system is introduced. It is now possible to tame certain species of the Calypso wildlife. In order to tame an animal you need to break its free spirit and subject them to your authority and leadership. This is done by using a whip. All tamable animals have three bars showing when they are targeted. These bars show the animal's level of Respect, Spirit and Health. When health and spirit are low and respect is high enough, you may attempt to tame the animal by activating the "Tame Animal" action in the Action book.

If an animal gets hit by another weapon than a whip before the animal has been successfully tamed, it needs to regenerate to full health until you can initiate a new taming session.

Pet Feeding and Trust

When you have succeeded in taming an animal, it will be hungry and needs to be fed with Nutrio bars. You feed the pet by dragging the Nutrio bar on to the animal and dropping it. The next step is to make your pet trust you. The trust will increase when you brush it with the appropriate tool.

Pet Experience and Performance

When the pet is no longer hungry and its trust is high enough, you can try to get it to perform actions (e.g. Greet or Impress). These actions are shown in the Action book under the "Pet" tab. By performing actions, the pet will gain experience. For each level of experience the pet gains, more and more actions will become available.

Please be aware that you will need to take care of your pet and feed it on a regular basis. If you fail to keep it in the appropriate way, it will lose trust, energy and experience.

Note: In this first stage, the pet level is capped to level three. Higher levels will be added in future VU:s.

Year 2010..

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...ng-the-waiting
Look at #1

Originally Posted by Marco|FPC
Taming will come during 2010. It is one of those systems that probably isn't just converted, but rather evolved, when it is released.

Year 2011...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/2570973-post5.html

Originally Posted by Kim|Calypso
A small update, the earliest possible release for the taming system would be sometime during the fourth quarter of this year but alot could change before then.

Year 2012...

Latest Buzz from MA.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bull...ms-roadmap.xml

Taming

This long awaited system is to be reintroduced in 2012, with many new features all have been waiting for; we expect the wait to be worth it!

Year 2013...

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bull...dress-2013.xml

They did write.

Taming
Many of our more patient participants will be happy to hear that a completely redesigned taming system will be developed in 2013. The new taming system will include many of the features from the pre-CryEngine system, along with many new and exciting features that will expand the utility of tamed creatures. Additionally, one of the upcoming new Entropia Universe planets will make extensive use of the new taming system as a core aspect of the planet’s theme.
Have to see what happends.....

They say "taming system will be developed in 2013" So its not sure we will get it in year 2013.

The outcome for the year 2013.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...13#post3108013

Bonnie: Ok so if we are talking about designing older systems then you know which question is coming next. Kombinator’s and Roni both ask it –….. taming!! I know we can’t do specific dates on when it’s going to come out, but how’s the progress is coming with it?

Kim: Well lets say that I have bad news there…
Bonnie: Oh go on…

Kim: yeah.. its pretty much in the same state as fishing actually, for the moment. It only exists on paper. Simply because it’s a massive system, we want to do it right this time. But then the health maturities you saw the last time around with the taming system, and no I can’t give dates because we done it so many times in the past and schedules tend to change.

Then later of the year 2013.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bull...dress-2013.xml

Many of our more patient participants will be happy to hear
that a completely redesigned taming system will be developed in 2013. The new
taming system will include many of the features from the pre-CryEngine system,
along with many new and exciting features that will expand the utility of tamed
creatures. Additionally, one of the upcoming new Entropia Universe planets will
make extensive use of the new taming system as a core aspect of the planet’s

Seeing what has happened briefly

2005 = The ability to tame animals arrives to the game.

2009 = MA put a stop for the taming.
2010 = MA lied to os.

2011 = MA act diplomatically.

2012 = MA lied to os.

2013 = MA dont know now what year it will come and and MA admit that they had lied the past years.

2013 = Later on this year, Because MA told os that will be "developed in 2013" so does it mean that everything will be ready this year and is ready to be put into the game then the question is -what are they waiting for because MA told os that it "will be developed in 2013" not that they will try or do a attempt to developed it in 2013.
So now we can ask MA whay they dont want to put it into the game.

2014 = Still no Taming

Last edited:
The pattern is now repeating on melee amps too.

If you really want to know whats going on, it's probably more about money.

With a low player base, there isn't probably a ton of capital going toward expansion and R&D, but more being put toward maintenance, salaries, and marketing the game that exists already. They COULD find the money by screwing loot up even more, but that is counterproductive to a point considering some would just leave... It's a balance I'm sure they are struggling to find in this economy. :wise:

I'm sure they tried to bring more money in with CLD's, hoping people would deposit and buy them, or buy them and deposit more in order to play, but more what happened is people bought the deeds and just play a bit every month with the interest. They kind of shot themselves in the foot in the end :\. Now things are kind of stagnant and not much money incoming to expand or develop besides the occasional events with things that already exist, like Longtooth and Robots.

Last edited:
It's coming soon, I can smell it, it will be here before the end of the year, probably before or after the summer vacation.

taming.jpg

I'll make a deal with MA, give me 100 ped per stalker in my pet inventory and I will quit the game and no longer talk about your lies.

that'll be 178 pets x 100 ped = 17800 ped.

thankyou for your time wasting.

I'll make a deal with MA, give me 100 ped per stalker in my pet inventory and I will quit the game and no longer talk about your lies.

that'll be 178 pets x 100 ped = 17800 ped.

thankyou for your time wasting.

I had over 300 pet deeds, that I tt'd knowing they would not worth anything more now.
(yeah, so many daik stalkers and prowlers, and all others).

Add miss features seems more important than real improvements to entertain people.
But entertain ever have been a priority ?....

mid-July and not even the combat mentioned for June release.

mid-July and not even the combat mentioned for June release.

Did you ever see mindark respect their promisses or own rules ?

A lot of people were leaving the game,
why do you think they suddenly announced taming to be back....

The Cry2 "VU 10" was posponed 1.5 year earlier (we would have wished all features to be there).
6 years wait for taming.

Yep, expect MindArk to break every single timeline they announce, release a half assed attempt, not even attempt to truly meaningfully compensate those they fucked over for 6 years and then devalue taming skills by introducing 20 new ones...and you wiull not be disappointed, I assure you:)

It will be back soon.
But the question is how we will get happy or not with the new system.

An example for what i mean are beacons. We all want it back, and we got it back. But we all know, is not 50% of the fun it was in old days. No alien ships apear anymore, to get the beacon. (ofc, MA save the 50 ped we got as bonus, so they just removed the alien ships) The new beacon also is less fun. Most of the ppl just want see the old beacon system, but MA change everything.

It is not only this beacon example, it have a lot more such things. So i really hope we will be happy with the new taming system.

By the way, would just like to point out that Monday of this week, the 18th, was the 5 year anniversary of vu 10.0. It is officially +5 years since taming went away.

5 years, pretty pitiful effort MA, thanks.

And they call me a troll when I bring it up.

Theres bringing it up and having a go at tamers and calling them idiots... big difference.

5 year anniversary...I am very curious to see if the MA makes any effort to do something special for the taming community like an armor or weapon or something cool to compensate the wait. Guessing not, sadly, but would be a pleasant surprise if that happens.

And Butch, as a word of advice, I blocked the weird troll long time ago no longer see his messages, suggest you do the same makes life a lot more fun:)

5 year anniversary...I am very curious to see if the MA makes any effort to do something special for the taming community like an armor or weapon or something cool to compensate the wait. Guessing not, sadly, but would be a pleasant surprise if that happens.

And Butch, as a word of advice, I blocked the weird troll long time ago no longer see his messages, suggest you do the same makes life a lot more fun:)

What will happen to existing Entropia Universe pet deeds?
Existing pet deeds will continue to work, but the tamed creatures will have a unique status and cannot be tamed any further.

Originally Posted Here

This is our reward for going without Taming for 5 years +:dunce:

Unique status mobs that will not be able to be tamed further then where they were before Taming was removed.:rolleyes:

Unique status mobs that will not be able to be tamed further then where they were before Taming was removed.:rolleyes:

It is laughable isn't it :) for 7 years of investing and supporting the game in that profession and 5 years of not even having the profession we get to keep the mobs we had anyway but now they will be unique cause we can't actually tame them anymore, classic Mindark, twist "you will get to keep your now useless pets" into "unique".

I guess time will tell whether the game will get anymore decent investment from me at least.

...now they will be unique cause we can't actually tame them anymore, classic Mindark, twist "you will get to keep your now useless pets" into "unique".

Yeah, they are always very strong to use beautiful and lovely words to say You'Re Fucked Up :) !

Annnnd it seems pets are forgotten again. =P

no biggie, MA probably just forgot about this, I've done that before.

Now Now you two..we must wait for this next system update then after it has come and gone we can bitch..but must wait for it..:)

System update not PP update (but be nice if MA did put pets in on the PP update)

Looks like the wait might be over soon boys..

The unique pets will have same stats.. also we can use it as ad again :) will be worthfully pets. good i have 25 left in storage.

The unique pets will have same stats.. also we can use it as ad again :) will be worthfully pets. good i have 25 left in storage.

Hi Trance :cool:

Right you are :whip:

Status
Back