FYI: Taming: the waiting...

Status
Also retitle the thread to "Taming, it will be a cold day in Hell before you ever see it".

I think it will be back this year or maybe in 2015. But if everyone will like the new system is an other question :silly2:

I think it will be back this year or maybe in 2015. But if everyone will like the new system is an other question :silly2:

I think i've made this statement over and over and over...to the point that I get banned solely for stating it....but....

Not one tamer, old or new, will ever be compensated for almost a decade of wasted time, money and potential from a company that is so skittish on yielding to it's customers you'd think they were bankers in disguise.

Not one person should ever accept anything from MA in terms of taming of nothing short of ABSOLUTE free reign on taming use. Because I know some of you would like to thaw out those assets before the next ice age settles in.

Can some one please link me to where it says that Toulan is apparently "Taming based" or where MA have even hinted, how ever ambiguously that there may actually be some possibility that they plan on releasing a new taming system?

I think your dreaming personally. That said I do hope it is implemented, mainly for the sake of the people who invested so much into it, and just for diversity.. And to stop these threads..

Can some one please link me to where it says that Toulan is apparently "Taming based" or where MA have even hinted,

Frankly, I've never heard anything like that. People probably automatically assumed that first from the "arabian themed" nature of the planet, and then from the fact of vehicles being forbidden.

Can some one please link me to where it says that Toulan is apparently "Taming based" or where MA have even hinted, how ever ambiguously that there may actually be some possibility that they plan on releasing a new taming system?

I think your dreaming personally. That said I do hope it is implemented, mainly for the sake of the people who invested so much into it, and just for diversity.. And to stop these threads..

Frankly, I've never heard anything like that. People probably automatically assumed that first from the "arabian themed" nature of the planet, and then from the fact of vehicles being forbidden.

Took 2 minutes to find, it's even in this thread about 5 pages back, that's the trouble with forums.. people post without bothering to read or have a clue what they are commenting on.

Is this a big enough hint for you? is it ambiguous enough?

Taming
Many of our more patient participants will be happy to hear that a completely redesigned taming system will be developed in 2013. The new taming system will include many of the features from the pre-CryEngine system, along with many new and exciting features that will expand the utility of tamed creatures. Additionally, one of the upcoming new Entropia Universe planets will make extensive use of the new taming system as a core aspect of the planet’s theme.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2012/12/20/State-of-the-Universe-Address-2013.xml

We don't make this shit up, MA leads us on as they have for years, blind Freddie can see it but i guess you two can't.

Took 2 minutes to find, it's even in this thread about 5 pages back, that's the trouble with forums.. people post without bothering to read or have a clue what they are commenting on.

Is this a big enough hint for you? is it ambiguous enough?

Taming
Many of our more patient participants will be happy to hear that a completely redesigned taming system will be developed in 2013. The new taming system will include many of the features from the pre-CryEngine system, along with many new and exciting features that will expand the utility of tamed creatures. Additionally, one of the upcoming new Entropia Universe planets will make extensive use of the new taming system as a core aspect of the planet’s theme.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2012/12/20/State-of-the-Universe-Address-2013.xml

We don't make this shit up, MA leads us on as they have for years, blind Freddie can see it but i guess you two can't.

I do remember that SOTU but dismissed that part as BS because they didn't seem to follow up, and then Taming was NOT mentioned in the latest road map... So it just depends how you are going to interpret that..

I interpret is as most likely either technical failure to pull it off, or postponed massively.

Toulan haven't mentioned taming EVER, and MA haven't mentioned it for TWO years...

I am not saying it won't be implemented, and the silence about it in the latest SOTU may just be to make it more exciting when released or it could be because they are unsure if they can pull it off technically.. I mean they can't even implement a sound UI so it could be a decade before they have a functioning taming system..

All I am saying is, based on what you have there, where it was mentioned over two years ago with load of other stuff that never came to be.. Well draw your own conclusions from that..

Like I said I do hope they can provide the taming system for obvious reasons.. But seems 50/50 to me..

At this point all we can do it keep the discussion alive and hope against hope MA are not the complete bastards they have so far shown themselves to be:)

/mod note/

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Rules
3.5 - Necroposting
Pointlessly bumping of dormant, inactive threads causes confusion for other members and visitors who may not notice the original thread post date. A thread is considered inactive if there have been no replies in the last four (4) months. Posting in an inactive thread is strongly discouraged, unless there is a very good reason for reactivating the thread. If you feel an issue or topic from an inactive thread deserves renewed discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum or subforum.
a necro of an 8yr old thread?

I agree totally. Now please lock this thread as well?

/mod note/

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Rules
3.5 - Necroposting
Pointlessly bumping of dormant, inactive threads causes confusion for other members and visitors who may not notice the original thread post date. A thread is considered inactive if there have been no replies in the last four (4) months. Posting in an inactive thread is strongly discouraged, unless there is a very good reason for reactivating the thread. If you feel an issue or topic from an inactive thread deserves renewed discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum or subforum.
a necro of an 8yr old thread?

I agree totally. Now please lock this thread as well?

As a mod you make a great troll, the thread was made in 2009 and it has been commented in regularly even by yourself so perhaps read the ruling again and then maybe... just maybe go somewhere and make an actual post that adds something to a thread rather than continually post in a thread that others have an interest in and you don't.

Simple, just don't enter a thread that doesn't interest you, is it that hard to grasp, all your trying to do is anger people and as you can see it doesn't work.

Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream.
-- Khalil Gibran

attachment.php

I disagree, taming has been inactive for quite a while.

What's with the trolling? :scratch:

However, if you want to play: Taming may have been inactive but this thread is, if you care to read its title, about the waiting for taming which is still quite active.
:tongue4:

This thread is not inactive.

Exact, and this also show that, we community, still wish this existing/ed feature to be back.

Anyway, our unidentified troll hardly wants (many posts) it to be gone....

If you are so worried about non-existing features...

The skill Particle Beamer Technology never had an application in the game,
since at least now 10 years,
as this skill was already there when I started to play in 2004.

The profession do not even exist.

particle_beamer.jpg

What's with the trolling? :scratch:

However, if you want to play: Taming may have been inactive but this thread is, if you care to read its title, about the waiting for taming which is still quite active.
:tongue4:

There's a difference between waiting on something that is actually coming and false hope.
I'm not a troll for pointing out the fact that taming has been ripped out from the game like a newborn deer by the mouth of a hungry bear. But you people act WAY to passively and wimpy for a product this company that just plain doesn't care how many posts you guys make.

You really think i'm attacking tamers? I want tamers to be so disgusted that they put their hope in a poorly executed system, no scratch that, a system that NEVER was executed. You guys just don't understand at this point no matter what kind of feelings or beliefs you have in the taming that will never come, it will never live up to ANYONE's expectations. I call it the Duke Nukem Forever approach on waiting. Or as the British call it, a Section 8.

So go ahead, keep posting post after post with this belief that when Taming comes back....maybe in another decade...all war will stop, peace will reign on Calypso and the loot system will be 100% on all returns.

......I only say that because that's how delusional your expectations on taming is on par of.

If you are so worried about non-existing features...

The skill Particle Beamer Technology never had an application in the game,
since at least now 10 years,
as this skill was already there when I started to play in 2004.

The profession do not even exist.

particle_beamer.jpg

I would care if you could invest peds into parts of the profession, but I can't find any Enmatter associated with it I can lock into assets for the next decade, a la Sweet stuff.

Exact, and this also show that, we community, still wish this existing/ed feature to be back.

Anyway, our unidentified troll hardly wants (many posts) it to be gone....

The community's delusion is on par with psychotic drugs and I wish you guys would stop because I can't take how illogical your faith in this idol you call Taming does not waver even as it has bitch slapped you all in the face time and again over a decade.

At least, you're really the one who keeps this thread alive,

we should thank you :)...

but who are you ?

The only voice of logic in this thread dating back years and numerous Temp bands.

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way I can hide this thread so it doesnt show up any more and I never have to see it again?
I keep refreshing threads and this keep showing up.

Is there a way I can hide this thread so it doesnt show up any more and I never have to see it again?

Well they'd have to lock it. Unfortunately that won't be happening for another decade.

Neg reps, a feature made for kids, used by kids :)

If you had balls, you would display who you are,
now about a brain, lol, funny guy.

{removed}

Love me, hate me, do you think I care ?
How can you be so low... ?

* And for people who don't want to see this thread, just Unsubscribe...

Last edited by a moderator:

Well they'd have to lock it. Unfortunately that won't be happening for another decade.

Seriously do you two have nothing better to do, click on threads that interest you.

Hard to believe your above teenage level.

The community's delusion is on par with psychotic drugs and I wish you guys would stop because I can't take how illogical your faith in this idol you call Taming does not waver even as it has bitch slapped you all in the face time and again over a decade.

interesting view, however my thoughts, my way of thinking, (or even how out there on psychotic drugs I might be), is hardly any of your business. If I want to see colors, or spend my time wait for taming, whats it to you?

You don't have to agree, you don't have to like it. You don't have to approve, HELL YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO READ IT. Your thoughts are not important, not any more than anyone else anyway. when you cross the line from having a opinion, to trying to judge other people for having a different opinion than you, you invalidate your position imo.

It don't even matter if your "correct" in your prediction about taming. I might even agree to some extent. but I will still wait for it to return, hope for it to return, and expect it to return.

2368%20-%20family_guy%20fight%20midget%20tv.jpg

lol, i just received a neg rep for posting the McCormick pic.
I can't believe there are such retards in the forum...

"Acting like a 14 year old.".

lol, i just received a neg rep for posting the McCormick pic.
I can't believe there are such retards in the forum...

"Acting like a 14 year old.".

Lots of sad little bastards in this game for sure :) Ignore them, it's the only highlight in their sad little lives, just makes you visit the forums less and less.

good luck.

Status
Back