FYI: Taming: the waiting...

Status
Worst case scenario above.
You really underestimate MA's enterprising genius. If you give them a lemon they'll make a cistern of lemonade from it and sell for a price of 20-years-old cognac, and there will be a queue :cool:

ahh taming..... today is August 16 2012, it has been exactly 3 years since the Typhon hit Hades and I have not seen my 3 pets since :( 3 years, 3 f....n years, gratz on an epic fail MA!

How i feel right now is why you should be very very happy i dont have a face book account, because you would not want me as one of your nice shiney new emissarys.

ahh taming..... today is August 16 2012, it has been exactly 3 years since the Typhon hit Hades and I have not seen my 3 pets since :( 3 years, 3 f....n years, gratz on an epic fail MA!

How i feel right now is why you should be very very happy i dont have a face book account, because you would not want me as one of your nice shiney new emissarys.

There's a nugget of gold right there, if that doesnt show how thick MA are in their planning i'm sure they will do a few other things that are a total waste of "space" to re invigerate their own stupidity level in the future.

Oh did i say space :) the massive thing i hardly ever use at all unless im going to foma or CP which is now so close you arrive before you even leave.

Time flies :) also seems they have removed the taming guide from

http://www.planetcalypso.com/guides/professions-activities/

leads to an error page now.

Project Entropia Version Update 7.8

2005-11-23

*** PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PROJECT ENTROPIA! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING PROJECT ENTROPIA SUPPORT! ***
VERSION UPDATE FEATURES

Taming

The first stage of the Taming system is introduced. It is now possible to tame certain species of the Calypso wildlife. In order to tame an animal you need to break its free spirit and subject them to your authority and leadership. This is done by using a whip. All tamable animals have three bars showing when they are targeted. These bars show the animal’s level of Respect, Spirit and Health.

When health and spirit are low and respect is high enough, you may attempt to tame the animal by activating the “Tame Animal” action in the Action book.

If an animal gets hit by another weapon than a whip before the animal has been successfully tamed, it needs to regenerate to full health until you can initiate a new taming session.

Pet Feeding and Trust

When you have succeeded in taming an animal, it will be hungry and needs to be fed with Nutrio bars. You feed the pet by dragging the Nutrio bar on to the animal and dropping it. The next step is to make your pet trust you. The trust will increase when you brush it with the appropriate tool.

Pet Experience and Performance

When the pet is no longer hungry and its trust is high enough, you can try to get it to perform actions (e.g. Greet or Impress). These actions are shown in the Action book under the “Pet” tab. By performing actions, the pet will gain experience. For each level of experience the pet gains, more and more actions will become available.

Please be aware that you will need to take care of your pet and feed it on a regular basis. If you fail to keep it in the appropriate way, it will lose trust, energy and experience.

Note: In this first stage, the pet level is capped to level three. Higher levels will be added in future VU:s.

Stables

If you don’t want your pet to tag along or you want to logout for a longer period, you need to leave the animal in a stable. To do this you need to find a stable keeper outside one of the cities or towns. You have to stand close to the stable keeper and then you use the stable action from the action book. When a pet is stabled you will receive a pet deed in your inventory. To collect your pet again, you need to approach any stable keeper and activate the pet deed in your Inventory.

If you fail to stable your pet in time, if no one looks after the pet (you leave it or if you are offline) for longer than 10 minutes, your pet will get automatically stabled. If this happens, your pet will lose trust, experience and energy. Please note that if the energy level and experience of your pet is 0 when you desert it, it will die!
If the pet starves while in stable it will lose trust, experience and energy.

The pet deed can be dropped on the ground or sold in private trade to other participants. It cannot be sold in auction.

Pet Death

A tamed pet is currently not killable. This will change in upcoming VU:s.

New Skills introduced

The skill Animal lore has been added to the skill section.
New actions added to the Action Book

Hmm.

Can only hope it's been removed, as they have made big improvements to it, and ready to post that up in next few months.

If it's been scrapped, not going to be to happy.

I'm looking more on the positive side now though.

Scammer Alert.

I think thay fall into that catagory with this useless skill?

Did they ever say they would bring it back?

Yes they did for 3 years in row that it will be back before the end of the year.:wise:

Sorry the did not ever say it the wrote it. :)

Year 2010..

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?174243-Taming-the-waiting
Look at #1

Originally Posted by Marco|FPC
Taming will come during 2010. It is one of those systems that probably isn't just converted, but rather evolved, when it is released.

Year 2011...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/2570973-post5.html

Originally Posted by Kim|Calypso
A small update, the earliest possible release for the taming system would be sometime during the fourth quarter of this year but alot could change before then.

Year 2012...

Latest Buzz from MA.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bul...tropia-universe-returning-systems-roadmap.xml

Taming

This long awaited system is to be reintroduced in 2012, with many new features all have been waiting for; we expect the wait to be worth it!

Year 2013...

Have to see what happends.....

Last edited:
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bul...tropia-universe-returning-systems-roadmap.xml

Taming

This long awaited system is to be reintroduced in 2012, with many new features all have been waiting for; we expect the wait to be worth it!

Year 2013...

Have to see what happends.....

I know its a pain the long wait, but in some ways I'm pleased, because it means they must be working on something incredible. Imagine flying pets (like the film avatar), and pets we can ride, maybe put saddles on them.

I like pets for advertisiing, maybe you can put advertising boards on them in future.

Then theres a whole lot more interaction with your pets.

I think taming was a bit boring before, (for those that dont know) all you could really do was brush your pet every now and again and get it to do a few moving tricks. Then more skills you had the more pets you could have open at one time.

Also I think the taming of wild pets will probably get a overhaul, you can't exactly tame a hog with a whip (well not my whip anyway)

I would not be surprised if the whole thing has been re-looked at from conception, and we will get something awesome that not only we like, but something MA is proud to release. Plus also a system they can build on and expend on over time, to provide more features.

Chin up all you pet lovers, we know they are working on it and it's going to be amazing.

Rick

Patience is the art here.
At begining - pregold we had already mindforce icon in inventory and it took looong years to come to an promisse that chips XX will drop in january 2012 lol together with powerfist lvl 90 ...2 x lol
After almost 9 years of intense scanning and paying infinite amount of scaners decay we didnt got any development in investigators profesions - at contrary we got such nerfs that we can consider those professions dead for ever.
So make art of your patience, you will need it.

That's where you get yourself a nice team of whippers :)

Funny stuff, love it.

Tech question please butch. how do you post the actual vid into the post, rather than just a link to a vid?

thanks

Rick.

I think the trick here may be that MA is using a different way of timekeeping, and in MA universe the year now is say 2000, so they feel they have 12 more years to make good on that promise. Something like that, tired of beating a dead horse and sick of waiting for those assholes.

Funny stuff, love it.

Tech question please butch. how do you post the actual vid into the post, rather than just a link to a vid?

thanks

Rick.

click the "insert video" link and then paste the youtube link in :)

Hmf hmf...
Why is my nose smelling a taming update tomorrow?

Lets hope my nose is right this time

Hmf hmf...
Why is my nose smelling a taming update tomorrow?

Lets hope my nose is right this time

Because your nose is illiterate, apparently.

Yep, no taming update tomorrow or in the foreseeable future, gotta get the dynamic nose hair right first and fuck up the loot once more.

long_time_ago.jpg

come on MA, at least some information :-/

two month to go....

come on MA, at least some information :-/

two month to go....

So what...MA would only say - -> Before the end of 2013 and after that before the end of 2014, and so on.:lolup:

Taming is back !!!! ____MISS MISS MISS

At least they continue to improve the MISS features...
(as it seems to be their unique priority since the vu10.0)

Status
Back