FYI: Taming: the waiting...

Status
No utility? Exploratory uses for a pet (kept me busy for a while):
1) Catapult them onto the shopping mall roof (or any other building) from the ground [done]
2) Teach them to cross rivers on the water [done]
3) Use them as PvP or pet shields [done]
4) Teach them autonomy: to run between two TPs without having to go with them [done]
5) Block doorways, windows and otherwise seemingly impossible places [done]
6) Teach them to float, fly or sky-dive in the sky [partially done]
7) Teach them to operate underground [unattempted]

Can't wait for their return... ;)

I stand corrected. :laugh:

Actually, thinking about it, the best utility pets provide is the cash you depo to do it, which provides another cash stream into the economy.

So carry on tamers! ...well, if and when they ever bring it back for you that is... :rolleyes:

Max. 212 days to go!
Posted via Mobile Device

VU time.... taming back or max 205 days to wait? :wtg:

You wonder why we never learned to ride animals on Calypso before we got cars to ride in... :rolleyes:

Hopefully this is one of the features we can expect in max 193 days

You wonder why we never learned to ride animals on Calypso before we got cars to ride in... :rolleyes:

Hopefully this is one of the features we can expect in max 193 days

lol ya well , i guess we get also first a torch . instead of a burning wooden stick :rolleyes:

I don't know. MA have different teams doing different projects in parallel (compare the mindforce release a few weeks back with vehicles coming now). What I gather is that parts of the vehicle system can be re-used for the taming release, which, to me, suggest that taming is closer to being realized than before.

Wow! Parts can be re-used? Pets as storage? Riding pets? :whip:

I'll keep counting down the days...

Shove a newly looted gun up a Daikiba's Ass.... :laugh:

Can't wait till Taming is back. :)

Why not. At other subject you have 2 ways for do things. You can heal with faps or heal chips, kill with weapons or kill chips, etc.

I see a very little of vehicle at the moment, but that "storage with wheels" is what i think in the past for pets as "storage with legs".

We will have 2 class vehicles, cars working with oil and pets working with nutribars.

Greetings. Milesio.

Still waiting...at least we have a Gateway for a week :D

Taming will be back, hopefully with more to it.

It's all simply a matter of when. Just hopefully BEFORE Christmas... :laugh:

Posted via NW's Entropia Utilities

I want my Exo to be able to walk up to a car lift it's leg and pee away :yay:

Ya, but what did you like about it? My gf messed around with it when it first came out, but it didn't do anything. You spent peds to train a pet to try to keep or sell to someone else. If you kept it, you had to feed it, more peds. If you sold it, they had to feed it, more peds. For what? Just to say you had a pet? I still don't get the appeal. They have no utility. What's the point? How could you do that for that long, I think there is something I'm not getting about pets in PE :laugh:

You trying to convince people they shouldn't enjoy taming? WTF
Very irrational thinking dude...

Max. 172 days to go!
Posted via Mobile Device

I could see me riding one of those new looking eomons :) saddle up :)

Hmmm what did bart say when he had the elephant? Ahhh I think I am going to call him Stampy :silly2:

Max. 152 days to go!
Posted via Mobile Device

I also can't wait for the Taming :yay:
mostly in order to sell tons of fruits on better price

I also can't wait for the Taming :yay:
mostly in order to sell tons of fruits on better price

I heard that worked very well for the people who stocked up sweat before mindforce was back... :laugh:

Surely they have fixed Taming, so confused as to why it is taking so long to release it!

I heard that worked very well for the people who stocked up sweat before mindforce was back... :laugh:
Indeed ;) Otherwise i can hope that someday will implement cooking skill, so ill be able to feed the newbies with free bombardo salad ;)
Now one stupid questions - the tamed animals, are they usefull in combat ( like the hunters' pet in WoW ) or they are just for fun ?

Indeed ;) Otherwise i can hope that someday will implement cooking skill, so ill be able to feed the newbies with free bombardo salad ;)
Now one stupid questions - the tamed animals, are they usefull in combat ( like the hunters' pet in WoW ) or they are just for fun ?

they used to be just for fun - you could teach them tricks but almost all of the ones I saw got used as bill boards by giving them names.

Who knows what MA have in mind for taming - they won't tell us until they're ready to rerelease it.

Well as an indication I remember Marco said that the vehicle framework may be used for pets, so I think when they come back they will be a lot more usable. I really hope they will allow a wider range of mobs, especially bigger ones, big whips and crowd control functions.

Well as an indication I remember Marco said that the vehicle framework may be used for pets, so I think when they come back they will be a lot more usable. I really hope they will allow a wider range of mobs, especially bigger ones, big whips and crowd control functions.

*bump*

:scratch2: I hope they make them more solid than vehicles otherwise we cannot use them as shields in PvP.

But not for that reason of course... it is just unreal to be able to run through any solid-looking objects ;)

Status
Back