FYI: Taming: the waiting...

Status
bring it Marco ya clown :) so fucking slow :) yes ive had a few sherbets but it's just making me say it how it is :)
):)

i just clicked over to lvl 53 animal guy and honestly if you shaft the people that skilled like idiots by making some new skill to ride pets or god knows what then look at my deposits and say bye fucking bye :) pardon the language but im an aussie and that's nothing really.

Reward the pet people who spent shitloads and brushed there pets like crazy men and women or your sending a message to people not to bother as you'll just fuck them over in the long run.

get ya bloody act together, MA , FPC , SEE whoever the hell you are as it's getting bloody old.

can i get an ahmen???? :)) shit yeah

this post was brought to you by the letter F and U

edit: ok ive been told i was a bit hard on MArco :) lile fuck \:) im just telling it like it is :) Im sure Marco knows were all pissed off that pets arent here yet and beacons and bloody masks, get on with it for fucks sakes :) and if it's MA then get stuck into them stop giving us pipe dreams.

love the game though :) so much potential if it wasn't run by cheetah and the rest of tarzans old monkeys

Last edited:
Reactions: jod
Well said, I hope they do add it in without totally fucking those of us who made a large bet in terms of time and effort, as well as finances to reach certain levels in this potentially fun part of the game.

bring it Marco ya clown :) so fucking slow :) yes ive had a few sherbets but it's just making me say it how it is :)
):)

i just clicked over to lvl 53 animal guy and honestly if you shaft the people that skilled like idiots by making some new skill to ride pets or god knows what then look at my deposits and say bye fucking bye :) pardon the language but im an aussie and that's nothing really.

Reward the pet people who spent shitloads and brushed there pets like crazy men and women or your sending a message to people not to bother as you'll just fuck them over in the long run.

get ya bloody act together, MA , FPC , SEE whoever the hell you are as it's getting bloody old.

can i get an ahmen???? :)) shit yeah

this post was brought to you by the letter F and U

edit: ok ive been told i was a bit hard on MArco :) lile fuck \:) im just telling it like it is :) Im sure Marco knows were all pissed off that pets arent here yet and beacons and bloody masks, get on with it for fucks sakes :) and if it's MA then get stuck into them stop giving us pipe dreams.

love the game though :) so much potential if it wasn't run by cheetah and the rest of tarzans old monkeys

Gotta love this guy huh?

peace out for ya mate ! Happy new year...

Marco.... Give us taming BACK or compensate BIG (LA big...)

Happy new year to all Calypso tamers

Regards

Miggo

offline.jpg
All systems are online - if only that were true....

Yep, they lied...

Taming in 2011?

Happy new year!

note to myself , STOP TO BELEAVE MARCO :wise:

It would be cool to see the pets in the next update.
I hope they have not been to buisy with the new rocktropia blue prints.
I guess with all the time they are spending on pets it going to be AWSOME to see what they have for us.

Every country around the world has pets at home and at work.
Most games have pets.
There are huge work forces devoted to pets.
I doubt MA would miss this point.

Ped or no ped; this game should have pets at all costs.
Enough with the hookers that dance and the oil spewing trucks.
I am excited for the day our pets return home.

(to be fair to MA and rocktropia- Ive enjoyed the dancers of rocktropia, best loot% in the universe and the new vehicles are awsome and fun. Its nice to have calypso back.) I remember the days of "this area is not open yet" It was not so long ago that I could not even venture outside of PA. stock prices are on the rise again. Now its time for our pets.
Support the retrun of fluffy. TT your oil.

New edit.
Hey I was just dreaming about pets. What if they allowed us to tame all the diffrent types of creatures of the universe?
That would be a collection hard to finish. It would be costly for me to buy them.
Some of the creatures I cant even get near. Few players can. I would love to have them all.
and
What if I could take them all out at once and allow players to hunt them.
I could even get a % or a tax off them when a player kills one.
I would then be able to respawn it and it could be hunted again.
It would be like a personal LA creature I could spawn any place any time.
As I said it was just a dream.

Last edited:
Welcome to the no pet version of Entropia Universe 2011.

No pets - check
No use for food - check
Participants have had whips for over a year with no taming - check

Taming is 4 days too late already and 505 days gone so far. Sad.

Will it be backed before the end of Jan 2011? :confused:

any sign of it?

Taming is 4 days too late already and 505 days gone so far. Sad.

505 days ... That really is sad. Its not that MA would not generate a lot of income with taming ... There is no loot in it, so everything that is spend, is pure profit for them so I really cannot see any reason to why leave it out for so long.

The only semi rational explanation would be that all the other things that they introduced would make them more money vs. taming ... Still, re-introducing taming for me would be a service to say the least ...

And I am saying that as a landowner who surely will suffer if taming comes back as some miners will tame instead :)

Lets keep our fingers crossed

Angel

this is realy disappointing, i cant belive it :mad:

WHY ! WHY ! WHY !

MA wil make money on it, crafters need to start making whips, we wil need food again and if pets now maybe can dress up in armor ore other stuff the list can be endless so WHY arent they back yet !!! :eyecrazy:

The more profession the more ppl will play ore start to play EU i belive

WEll it is not a question that not reintroducing taming is galactically stupid on part of MA: they don't get the pure income that is generated from taming (decay in brushes, whips etc), they manage to piss off more and more people even those that have nothing to do with taming simply by virtue of failing miserably on their promise and ripping a major system out of universe, they REALLY managed to piss off and disappoint those of us who actually spent q great deal of time, energy and resources in the profession...the list goes on.

There is little they can do at this point to fix it, short of introducing a spectacularly new and flexible multi-dimensional taming system that will at least make the wait seem worthwhile. Of course knowing MA they will fail miserably in this, and roll out some half ass plug where you can tame a gibnib with intermittent success and great bugs and claim this to be a new and reworked feature.

Lets just hope, they really focus the mising systems (Taming, Make Up, Beacons) yet, before we get new things and also new bugs like always. We have wait long enought!

The only semi rational explanation would be that all the other things that they introduced would make them more money vs. taming ... Still, re-introducing taming for me would be a service to say the least ...Angel

I think one needs to look at all the possible implications to the taming trade.
It may not be as simple as they allow us to go out and tame a pet and sell it for 5 ped as a billboard. Thats how it use to be.

Let just pretend pets will be more then they use to be.
Would they not have cross implications.
Lets say they split the Entropia univers into factions.
One faction is the machines thats the vehicles you see now.
One are the pet owners. They ride pets.

Ok thats easy enough to do.

What if a player who decides to join the pet/natural faction is not allowed to use the same weapons or clothes as the machine faction.
Also consider the programming behind a split and or a war.
Do they split up the area. How do they introduce a PvP into socitey on a mass scale.
What mounted weapons can a pet have.
How do they allow such battles in air while a player is just in transport and make it fair.

I cannot name all the possible implications that would take so long to program.
Not to mention that they owed it to high$ investors to bring online the new worlds.

Do you want the simple old pet system? They could give that to you in a days time.
If its worth the wait then it will be great. If its the simple old system then it will be a sad day indeed.
If its the simple old system then they at least owe it to us to give us an update of some sort.

I never bought a vehicle because I was upset at no pets.
If they dont tell us anything about the pets or impliment them in an update soon then I will not want to them.

Im like a baby who throws a fit and pushes his food to the floor. Its not important that I dont have my food.
The result is the same. I wont want it. I wont buy it. Not ever.

At least post someplace and tell us its going to be ok that we will get our pets soon enough. I believe we have paid for that.

Last edited:
514 days without taming!

... and still no statement by MA... would like to hear about our investment into the skills... getting pissed on this topic more and more. No reason why it's not implemented as before, wouldn't harm anything, would only give more income to MA... grrr.

They soult atleast talk to us, let us know how its going ore what they are working on.
but they leave us in the dark, Damn them :sniper:

Be patient to not get pissed once taming come.
If it will be unfinished like mindforce we have now then beter to not have it in game at all.

It might be that they have to do alot of development on the new taming system, but i really would love to read a logic explanation why the old taming system couldnt stay in place until the new one is ready to replace it...
Even if they had no test environment except the live system, it would still be quite easy to duplicate some lines of code and rename the copy tamingV2 for further testing ;-)

Status
Back