Petition for "No Teaming" Rule in Mayhem

add me :/

joris jojo pogn

wow, I mean WOW!!!!

another name to add : J- Lugzan M-.

of course this rule makes it kind of, what is the correct word here... idiotic! even if I wouldn't participate anyway, this is simply bollocks.

J.

Avery,

Appreciate you putting your name to this.

Regards

Zyloc

As per my earlier post Just after sent a support to MA. Received the standard base reply an hour or so later which I was fully expecting.

However the main thing that it is another registered complaint? and cannot do any harm if there are many many more like it.

So keep the support cases going. EF is fine to say no to teams but make that no count at MA.

Jung

Response to support case 177355 (Petition)
2009-12-23 09:23 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

We thank you for your feedback, which will be forwarded to the Event organizers. Have a nice day in Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,

Entropia Universe Support

Like Jung says, do send in your own support cases, as well as signing. A flood of support cases re. this issue surely can't do any harm.

jay
As per my earlier post Just after sent a support to MA. Received the standard base reply an hour or so later which I was fully expecting.

However the main thing that it is another registered complaint? and cannot do any harm if there are many many more like it.

So keep the support cases going. EF is fine to say no to teams but make that no count at MA.

Jung

A suggestion: also copy-and-paste the petition into your support case, to be sure that it doesn't get overlooked ;)

jay

my latest reply to support case 177355 (Petition):

jaywalker said:
Could you please let the Event Organisers know that we badly need to see it stated in the rules that either:
"The participant is allowed to be a member of a team" OR
"The participant is NOT allowed to be a member of a team"

We have deduced the former from the FAQ (which otherwise make no sense)but this still leaves some measure of doubt.

So far as it is possible tell, it is the opinion of most potential participants that the former would be disastrous. However, uncertainty, either way, would be even worse

I also sent in further signatures (up to #101)

Last edited:
This sort of thing has happened before, the 2009 landgrab they originally said that some land areas were for all societies and some for the most skilled ones.

Later they changed what they said and made it clear that all the land areas were for the most skilled societies but some were for only the 'top 5' or something like that.

They need to get someone who can translate better I think. And possibly take a class in what is logically right and wrong.

Paulo Manique Santos

Put me in.

I really hoped that Event system could do some more for Mayhem event, another FAIL it seems.

Danielle YourMom DeathBringer, signing the petition. :tiphat:

Also put me in plz:

Mit Timbo Witters :wtg:

Ill sign that, im not even sure i bother trying this year.

Thomas Kahr Krestovnikoff

Adrian Adi Martis

Nysser xentric Hithsage signing

You guys do realise Jay is a she. All you need to do is look at her gender. :silly2:

I can live with support teams like last year, but not the stuff they have this year. :(
Sorry bout that :D. It was late.. at night all cats are grey, as they say here, lol.

She, he, whatever, I don't discriminate :D

I agree, but without sounding so gay :D.

Ok, nevermind, i sounded gay on my previous sentence of the grey cats

The TrAsHmAn Cometh

sign me up,

I am surprised that no one from MA/FPC has not responded to this problem.:scratch2:

Stanley Miles Stardust

Brother flapje Rick

(I agree on the rules if it's called Merry Lootem and we get a seperate Happy New Mayhem event)

The rules are as-is and will not change for this year's Merry Mayhem. It will most certainly change when the next Mayhem event comes along though.

The rules are as-is and will not change for this year's Merry Mayhem. It will most certainly change when the next Mayhem event comes along though.

Good and bad news, but i reconsider taking part in Mayhem this year.

Thank you, Marco. It's a great relief to find FPC responding to this issue :)
Your reply, however does not quite clear up all the questions. To quote Star (from CycoKick;s thread)

I am not 100% sure that the support person you've gotten in touch with can answer the question. The way the rule reads currently makes it appear that teams using the TEAM SYSTEM are allowed at this point. I'm not sure that's how they meant it but it may have been lost in the translation from Swedish to English on how to clarify that point.

I would like to think that they just meant support teams (NOT using the official team system within EU) are allowed for this event. Their Q&A seems to point to a different conclusion of course but I still believe their intention was referring to the unofficial "teams" not using actual in game system for teaming. Perhaps Marco can shed some light on this? :)

You have not exactly addressed this.

It has also been pointed out that this year's rules are no different from last years' rules. Does that mean that everybody was labouring under a delusion in previous Mayhem Events, and going to great lengths to obey a no-teaming rule which did not , in fact, exist?

And...if so... then what would be so difficult aout instituting that rule right now, so we can just carry on as before? Isn't it just a question of adding a line to the rules? It would surely not disrupt anybody's preparation for the Event, since people have already , for a long period, according to that (presumably false)assumption. And, now this loophole has come to light at the last minute, opeople have given up, rather than re-think

jay

Isn't it just a question of adding a line to the rules?

We must be able to monitor and enforce the rules stipulated. If we just add such a rule in text it would be obeyed by 99% of the participants, but 1% would test and abuse it, ruining the event for everyone. FPC is requesting additional monitoring tools for future events though.

yeah....

mass exploit but hey, as long as the teams make turnover... ;)

J.

Good to now :D Always nice to see FCP responding to the pll !

Back