Poor state of the game, noobs beware.

Yep, got lot of friends on my FL with 50-100K skils atm and we met first time at swamp camp when we all were beginers few years ago.

In Entropia you have to pay for every fun!

Sweating - FREE
Gathering Fruit - FREE
Gathering Dung - FREE
Chatting - FREE
Owning a booth costs a big amount up front, but after that - RENT IS FREE

Owning a hanger costs a heck of a lot more up front, but after that - RENT IS FREE

Joining a Society - FREE...

There sure is an awful lot of things to do in here for free... so I don't think EVERY fun thing in game has to be paid for, unless you are talking philisophically about how time = money.

Im not sure what is worse for the game...

Lack of advertisement and care for player base...

Or the community that trashes a new player and basicly tells them "dont come here to play"

Seems to me we should be guiding them on how to start or even helping them with a soc invite. What I see is people not willing to help a new player now because there are no rewards for mentoring atm.

Yes WE are all frustratrated about how EU is run and some may be tired of people stating so. This in no way shape or form benifits the game if we keep telling people like it or leave.

I am NOT one of MA / FPC's biggest fans to say the least but I "Try" to let new players at least get a start in EU by explaining the good with the bad and directing them what to watch out for and what to pay attention to. I dont tell them yeah EU is Fucked dont even bother trying.

How bout we start protecting our investment here and NOT driving our stock down

Sweating - FREE
Gathering Fruit - FREE
Gathering Dung - FREE
Chatting - FREE
Owning a booth costs a big amount up front, but after that - RENT IS FREE

Owning a hanger costs a heck of a lot more up front, but after that - RENT IS FREE

Joining a Society - FREE...

There sure is an awful lot of things to do in here for free... so I don't think EVERY fun thing in game has to be paid for, unless you are talking philisophically about how time = money.

I wonder how long you will stay(play?) here, if this game only cosists of the first 4 things you mentioned :lolup:

the other 2 things are out of discussion, even for someone experianced with a low budged :silly2:

Let me add a little story of a "disciple" a few days ago to make you feel more with the poor newbies:

He fell into a hole he couldn´t get out of, screeming for every green dot in the radar passing by - after about 1 hour logging in/out and trying everything possible, he deleted the client...

This game is to expensive and to "difficult" for newbies

over and out

Uhmm millions people all over the world play PS3, gamecube, Xbox etc...
Those games dont make you earn money while playing...

What about that?

Uhmm millions people all over the world play PS3, gamecube, Xbox etc...
Those games dont make you earn money while playing...

What about that?

They have content!!!

Im not sure what is worse for the game...

Lack of advertisement and care for player base...

Or the community that trashes a new player and basicly tells them "dont come here to play"

I am. The latter one. Growth is the shit.

When you start playing you should be prepared, playing EU is a long term project. If you want quick instant fun over a short period, EU is not the right game. I agree, EU can be a bit boring sometimes, but at the same time very intresting :)

EU is not meant to be played for "free". Sweating is more for those who want to test the game for free. If you realy want to play on a more regular bases you should deposit some money. EU is a long term project, to build up your avatar, test things and increase the understanding of how EU works.

Hopefuly with the new misionsystem and other stuff things will be a bit easier and more fun for the new players.

although i generally agree that it isn't too newbie friendly, there are some points id like to comment on :)

to the info:
as to the 90% wrong info, read my guide, its pretty much updated, new coordinates for teleporters etc. :D
(takes less than 40 hours to read too btw)

to sweating:
the problem most newcomers dont see, is that 1-4 sweat per pull is actually very good, because they assume 50-400 sweat per pull would be way better
unfortunately, that isn't true, as the price would just fall then

you already have way too much sweat on the market compared to what is actually needed, cause, as you stated, its just used for mindforce, which wasnt brought back fully yet, just TP chips are there
even if everything had been there, MF was never a profession which had a real use, because of the price tag, partially and especially because of the sweat ;)

so there were already very few ppl paying newbies so to speak, because there were douzens of other alternatives to do the same job you had done with MF cheaper
considering your concern about money, i guess you can understand why sweat isnt bought as often then, cause why pay more for something you can have cheaper

the other problem of sweat, is the huge amount of sweaters
ofc it sucks to be paid so badly, but unfortunately, everyone else wants to play for free too, so there is lots and lots of competiton on the sweat market, which brings the price down of course
that isn't a problem from MA/FPC, but from all the people who want to have it ALL for free

to hunting
the 100 pec (10 cents) to kill a mob is very unlikely, a daikiba young has 30 HP, m2100 does at worst 2 damage, thats 15 shots=15 pec
granted, you may miss a bit, so lets round up to 30 pec

you likely tried to kill a combibo, which is a bit more complicated due to its regeneration, but i guess after you tried one you found out that another mob may be better
thats a learning experience

to running (to neas)
that run takes nowhere near 3 hours :p
id say it takes ~1 hour, maybe 1 hour 30 min
since you researched for 40 min i bet you also found a map showing a nice way

getting killed on the runs may actually be used as learning experience as well
it teaches you when mobs attack, what distance you best keep from them, run them into turrets to make a path for you to run, etc.

Everyone was a newbie at one time. PE/EU and now Planet Calypso has always been a rocky road for any one just starting out at any time. There have been advantages and opportunities for newbies along the way but IMHO they have never been easy.

It bothers me when people say you don't get being a newb because at one time we were right where you are right now. Many have stuck it out and found a way to enjoy the game with less incentives than there are today and more bugs as well.

To me PE/EU is always about trying to figure how to make the system work for you whether you sweat, hunt, mine, craft, trade, craft, or all of the above.

Its always been a grinder in some aspects but that is to be expected. Want to do less grinding than figure out a way to do so. Stretch your peds as long as you can. Listen to players old and new many have "been there done that" and will help you out for free.

Lastly EU may not be for you but that doesn't mean its the same for every newbie. Many dig the challenge and see potential in EU even in its rough form.

Posted via Mobile Device

But after 6 years in development the game shouldnt be so bloody rough!!!!
Thats the bit I still dont get???

+rep to thread starter.

EU is not noob-friendly and never has been noob-friendly.

But if you are MA, and you have 5 *different players* bidding over one million peds for a space station (like we saw yesterday), you know the money is with the experienced players and therefore that is where their immediate income is.

Forrest :)

Im all too aware of mindless grinding in mmo's and often dont have a problem with that, but
in this game, the rewards for grinding are not worth the time you put in.
Zero-G

That part I can definitely agree with.

Those who had the opportunity to enter the game at least a couple of years we have no idea of the difficulties that are presented today to a novice. Not only is it difficult to get stones, fruits or sweat but they are paid much less than, say, the same time. Therefore if we measure the value in sweat of weapons, tools and equipment to practice the basic professions, hunting and mining, these have doubled.

During these years I led a company that became the largest in Calypso, Argentrópicos. The retention rate of newbies has shown a negative trend to the point that today teach newbies that are not depositors is a waste of time and many peds because they probabily will leave the game. Also the average of people connected decreased to dramatic levels.
But the situation not only affects novices, many friends with avatars with advanced or medium skills have decided to leave the game for a while or permanently by the huge losses.

I understand that the global financial crisis Mindark affected at the height of the proposed new planets and CE2 but I see they have chosen the wrong way out of the problem. For those who can read Spanish I invite you to visit my blog you post on various critical not only to America but I also do proposals.

In summary, Calypso is now much less friendly than it was a couple of years ago and has transformed the continuity of a newbie in unlikely. But worse is that media players are also hindered to the point where many no longer play.

The key question is: Quo vadis Marco?

+rep to thread starter.

EU is not noob-friendly and never has been noob-friendly.

But if you are MA, and you have 5 *different players* bidding over one million peds for a space station (like we saw yesterday), you know the money is with the experienced players and therefore that is where their immediate income is.

Forrest :)

Indeed... and this tactic will fail in the long run

MA and oll the optimists here should come down from their cloud.

There are optimists, pessimists and realists. Each have a right to their opinion within the common rules of decent conversation. No one is wrong when it comes to opinions... I fall into the realist category. As many are tired of listening to the optimists (for some reason they are labeled as fanbois simply because they like EU) , I and others are tired of hearing from the pessimists and whiners. As many say, this game is not for everyone. We must each make our own decision on what to hunt, what to craft, how much to deposit or even to login.

EU is not yet noob friendly , quite the oposite...

Very true. I am amazed at those who join now and stay. I thought it was unfriendly when I started... I can't imagine how it is now.

Why is pixie a noob armor...

My first guess... perception. No, not the worthless skill in EU. Pixie has a low TT and drops frequently. Therefore it is inexpensive and considered noob. Shadow drops rarely if at all and has a high TT (even higher markup). Therefore uber. It's the same as comparing a VW Beetle to a Ferrari. The Beetle is probably easier to maintain and better suited for day-to-day use, but the Ferrari will always be coveted more.

is the game brutal? ofc

is it an welfare giveaway game? no its not

is this good? yes its bloody fucking good.

most MMO's today that are P2P are easy, you start of and you are hand held in what to do, some even have video tutorials smashing your face in when you click on a mob and telling you step by step how to attack, when its dead its the same for looting it, and its bullshit.

after reading the whole OP's first post only one thing pops my mind. that he is the "newbie" he claims to be doesen't fit the pieces. and if he has tried korean grind games as he says, he should know EU, is the game who is in bliss and glamour...

EU grinding may seem hard and long yes. but take in account you can sweat for free, with patience gain money and slowly bt inclining get better and from playing for free, all you do is profit.

even if ammo costs 10 cents, if you never depoed it would be the same as cleaning up the storage room at the arcade, once done you got some dimes to play for...

But I wonder who OP really is. my bet its some of the big lootwhiners :p anyone wanna place bets?

Reactions: SHY
For the smart noob, the past weeks have truly been a second golden age of Calypso. The tiering items with markup are heavily weighted toward noob hunting. If you couldn't hunt profitably last week--well, the fault is yours, not MA's or anyone else's.

Nice write up OP. This review should be spammed all over Gaming review sites everywhere IMO. Maybe if enough publicity about the reality of the Entropia Universe is splashed all over the internet, then MindArk will stop being so greedy and balance the system better.... who knows... maybe some day they'll realize that getting $100/month from 1000 players, makes them more money than getting $1000/month from 10 players.

Nice write up OP. This review should be spammed all over Gaming review sites everywhere IMO. Maybe if enough publicity about the reality of the Entropia Universe is splashed all over the internet, then MindArk will stop being so greedy and balance the system better.... who knows... maybe some day they'll realize that getting $100/month from 1000 players, makes them more money than getting $1000/month from 10 players.

And after MindArk "balances" it to suit you then what? You start spamming everywhere that it's better balanced? Yea right.

maybe some day they'll realize that getting $100/month from 1000 players, makes them more money than getting $1000/month from 10 players.

The average revenue is roughly $23 per month and player today.

is the game brutal? ofc

is it an welfare giveaway game? no its not

is this good? yes its bloody fucking good.

most MMO's today that are P2P are easy, you start of and you are hand held in what to do, some even have video tutorials smashing your face in when you click on a mob and telling you step by step how to attack, when its dead its the same for looting it, and its bullshit.

after reading the whole OP's first post only one thing pops my mind. that he is the "newbie" he claims to be doesen't fit the pieces. and if he has tried korean grind games as he says, he should know EU, is the game who is in bliss and glamour...

EU grinding may seem hard and long yes. but take in account you can sweat for free, with patience gain money and slowly bt inclining get better and from playing for free, all you do is profit.

even if ammo costs 10 cents, if you never depoed it would be the same as cleaning up the storage room at the arcade, once done you got some dimes to play for...

But I wonder who OP really is. my bet its some of the big lootwhiners :p anyone wanna place bets?

After reading all the posts in this thread, we finally got the rabid MA admirer, that not matter how bad the situation is for someone else, gets irated with observations that are mostly right.

I have been playing Entropia for almost a year, and in the previous version i used to mine and hunt and occasionally would stumble into dung, fruits and stones and i would collect them, since the change i havent found even a single one or even worse, thanks to the graphic update i may not even be able to recognize it.

By the way, any idea when they are going to implement pets back again? without them fruits are basically useless.

The average revenue is roughly $23 per month and player today.

Interessing info... that show there is a big amount of freeloader :D

I hope what you plan to help noob will be in game soon , and will help a lot to keep noob in game...

I hope what you plan to help noob will be in game soon , and will help a lot to keep noob in game...

Yes, FPC is committed to create several noob-friendly additions to Planet Calypso during 2010. The noobs are very important - for everyone. The Planet Calypso concept (with the Real Cash Economy and how it works) takes some time/effort to grasp and we will work towards reducing this time/effort needed.

In Entropia you have to pay for every fun!

And even killing Exarosaur only, can cost you several hundred of $ per month, depending on your onlinetime...

UDDER Nonsense...
Only if you don't know
which end of the cow to milk.

To the Op

This is not Swedsih welfare program or game where you get your gold coins from Dwarf. All the money you put in, goes into the general economy except for certain fees and part of the decay costs which goes to MA/FPC/PPs.

It is an RCE economy in which you have to compete with other real players to get your piece of the pie. That is obvioulsly going to to take real time, real, patience, real focus and real skill.... because it's real cash from real people.

Many of the MA bashers here don't want you to see that the competiton for resources is not between us and MA... but rather other players such as you, and me against the desires of the real upper classes who wish to keep their big chunk of the loot pool, which many take and withdraw from the economy. Their distraction is always to point to MA when in reality it is player greed that really wants and keeps the system from changing at the bottom.

Hopefully as the implementation of CE2 becomes complete there will be a large rebalancing to the loot pool downward making easier for newcomers to engage sucessfully and play. MA has indicated that this will be their focus in the comming year as new systems and content are released. It will come because the focus will be on gaining the new players necessary for the universe to greatly expand and sustain itself in the coming years...

So hang in there... and check the forum for Blackhawks's 15 dollar month challenge also read and get tips from only those players who are acutally successfull... in playing for profit and free. If you just want to blazer away killing mobs, do PVP and not really embrace the underlying challenge of this scenerio which is to have fun on what you earn in game... it's going to really cost... as those who always bragging about their losses will tell you... not becauase of MA but because they refuse to play this game.

Welcome Aboard
and
Good Luck

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

May the goddess of Hof be with you

Last edited:

Always has been freelaoders Etopia always will be i am sure but its what we have and its not gonna change we just deal the best we can

Not really, after all he mentioned $23 per player revenue, that means that along the way all this graphic upgrades and new programing has taken its toll, after all you dont believe they worked their asses off just out of the goodness of their hearts, do you?

other problem is people download this and expect soemthing like wow where it's aimed at kids and you can get max level in under a fiew months

Back