Poor state of the game, noobs beware.

It is better to have 10.000 players and an average of € 9, than have 100 paying € 23.

That will be the logical, sensitive thing to have, then again this is MA we are talking about, so pigs flying out my butt will be more feasible.

Oh and i agree Marcus doesnt Sux, but MA certainly does. they seem to be letting people that gets sway too easily with new software run things, instead of someone with a business plan, that would understand that the newbies ARE the future of revenue.

Better would be twice the number of players and 15$ per player

Yes, they thought that too at one point but then realized the server from 1998 that they bought second hand wasnt gong to cut it and that was years ago. They have fixed some of that and someone behind a calculator wants a raise, so we will see them finally try and recruit and retain new players. For a long time the game felt like it did cater to the rich because the server just couldn't let everybody be on with out messing every one up. So what do you do, cut the second class citizen, as long as they are making profit from the top tier, why bother messing with the other 90% when they couldnt fix the problem at the time anyways.

Really when I started I could had wrote a post very similar because I agree with most of it.

Maybe you have learned the easy way this is not for you. Im pretty sure people have lost a lot of time and money before realizing they couldnt hack it. The wrong frame of mind....and things can get really nasty here. GL.

Oh pffft, just put a button for Alice Guide on the login screen. :)

or a TP chip that takes you back to a building in PA... it has a 12 hour cooldown and once you use it you get something that impairs game play for 5-30 min (ideas resembling THAT GAME IS AN NANNY WELFARE GAME; TAKE ANY IDEAS FROM THAT AND ITS BOUNT TO SHIT THE FAN FAST ;))

the only problem with this idea it the price of ME... when was the last time you saw less than 5 PED stack of ME on AH... the noobs most likely wont be able to afford ME

Naming other games is not allowed in any way shape or form :p

the 400m range chip would need 4 ME

the 200 range one would need 2ME

Force nexus is cheap. by sucsesfully have 50 sweat and then buy 50 force nexus is something doable in no time ... and tada, there you have tons of jumps to jump around

even crippled seagulls could do that. ( no offence to the crippled seagulls who might read that.)

even crippled seagulls could do that. ( no offence to the crippled seagulls who might read that.)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eZXy4Cp0Js[/YOUTUBE]
They heard you, lets feed them n make em feel better:laugh:

I agree fully. Entropia as it is don't really work for attracting new players. And even if you spend 40 hours sweating a week you really can't do much until you are forced back for another 40 hours of sweating.

And like you said, after you have sweated alot, you need to digest alot of information on websites, learn alot of data to really be able to play.

However, this doesnt apply only to new players. Even when you deposit 100 dollars a month it's not alot of actual game time you get for those money unless you do the very basic noob mobs. And even so, you still need to have spent hundreds and thousands of dollars to have some skills to use some decent weapons and equipment.

There is a huge hope within the community that with the new planets will come better oppertunities. Time will tell. I'm not holding my breath tho.

MA/FPC seems to be too occupied trying to deliver new content that they forget what the universe needs: players.

Succesfull noob here

Hi i played a year ago 4 months for free, made over 500 ped reselling (mainly auction) leveld up quite a bit and in the end i could shoot my gun without depo. I can identify resellers on the auction (the hardcore ones) and once you can do that its easy to sniff out the good deals and make some mony. Again its all about patience. For instance ppl spend thousands of peds on upgrading becoz they are impatient while the real gold (SGA...) the basic attribute you need to make a good upgrade was sold at ridiculous prices, compared to the stats of some weaps and items...

Now im bored looking at the auction screen so i depo 200 buks and got me a whole load of SGA gear im gone resell in a month or so

Im going for uber noob tactics, i use the best lo lvl gear i can find so i can keep hunting economic, I don't beleive in sib coz it does not add up to the ammo burn and cost when u use hi lvl gear, so my tactic is now the outbacko SGA fully upgraded, also im waiting patiently until i can affford to upgrade.

There is indeed no way u can make mony of MA unless you are very lucky, you need to focus on the community, kno whats hot and what is not, look for trends and estimate the impact of game changes. These last months where great for making mony i think.

To be honest i like a challenge and im gone make sure my Avatar and his gear always keeps a value of 200 buks.

EU isnt meant to be easy and i love it, i have alot of fun playing the game and i like the fact its not transparent and you have to think for yourself, there is no key sollution or a walktrough, just like life. And yes then we have me opposite to the frustrated players who dont have a clue and loose mony lol

:bull::bull::bull:

then tell them to get their "official" stamper out and use it
its player based, they cant confirm the info etc.
not going to happen

sarcasm alice.. sarcasm...

but seriously.. there needs to be more info for starting players

There is indeed no way u can make mony of MA unless you are very lucky,

Most of the money is made off players via markup not MA. Luck has nothing to do with that.

Also you might not want to share all your secrets on a public forum. if 100 others try to use your tactic it will be nullified :silly2:

Hi i played a year ago 4 months for free, made over 500 ped reselling (mainly auction) leveld up quite a bit and in the end i could shoot my gun without depo. I can identify resellers on the auction (the hardcore ones) and once you can do that its easy to sniff out the good deals and make some mony. Again its all about patience. For instance ppl spend thousands of peds on upgrading becoz they are impatient while the real gold (SGA...) the basic attribute you need to make a good upgrade was sold at ridiculous prices, compared to the stats of some weaps and items...

Now im bored looking at the auction screen so i depo 200 buks and got me a whole load of SGA gear im gone resell in a month or so

Im going for uber noob tactics, i use the best lo lvl gear i can find so i can keep hunting economic, I don't beleive in sib coz it does not add up to the ammo burn and cost when u use hi lvl gear, so my tactic is now the outbacko SGA fully upgraded, also im waiting patiently until i can affford to upgrade.

There is indeed no way u can make mony of MA unless you are very lucky, you need to focus on the community, kno whats hot and what is not, look for trends and estimate the impact of game changes. These last months where great for making mony i think.

To be honest i like a challenge and im gone make sure my Avatar and his gear always keeps a value of 200 buks.

EU isnt meant to be easy and i love it, i have alot of fun playing the game and i like the fact its not transparent and you have to think for yourself, there is no key sollution or a walktrough, just like life. And yes then we have me opposite to the frustrated players who dont have a clue and loose mony lol

:bull::bull::bull:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

See here's someone who actually listened, paid attention and followed MA's advice in that opening, welcome, on-planet, repeated advertisment for Calypso, which stated clearly that if you wanted to make real money you should invest in being a trader or in real estate.

:cool:

but seriously.. there needs to be more info for starting players

Not aimed personally, but I wanted to use this quote to say, that there is a lot of info for new players. They just have to want to listen to it. There are people standing at various places, usually about 16-19 hours a day, on personal title, completely unpaid, handling the hundreds of newbies that come in lately, namely the guides. Frankly, it is so many, I am sure that Emma and Simon couldn't handle it, even though they always do great work. And, others are stepping in too at this time, I saw, which is great! (but if you see guides, let them do their job, if they mess up, it's their head, why risk yours).
But, if people don't even want to say happy new year, or merry christmas, or you can't get them to talk, that's their loss. Just googling things like guide to planet calypso, or going through the sites on the planet calypso website, or finding the forum, alices guide, and so on.
It's all overwhelming, that's how much there is. But frankly, the people who don't persist in this, wouldn't stay anyway, let alone deposit. Of course, sometimes you will find people who are genuinly confused and having trouble. But most of the time, these people are the kind that either would get upset with the pace and leave anyway, or the kind that wouldn't like other things about the entropia universe.

Jot, without gifts the most wont come help :)
wel even when there were gifts, they arent coming to help

yawn..

how you going to solve the lack of manpower issue? You cant stand at one spot 24/7

If it is really busy with the new comers

you proably need a minium crew of 18 , like a few months back.

but aernt work if everyone stand at the same spot and no moving.

or you can ask Simon to give you MA/FPC offcials alts

then you can use all your comps to log in

at NAZ : Jot bot 1

at Swamp : Jot bot 2

at TI castle: Jot bot 3

and between Port Atlantis and Swamp Camp : Jot bot 4 and 5

I would like to have 12 , then me and myselves can all go hunting Spiders without armours.

Not aimed personally, but I wanted to use this quote to say, that there is a lot of info for new players. They just have to want to listen to it. There are people standing at various places, usually about 16-19 hours a day, on personal title, completely unpaid, handling the hundreds of newbies that come in lately, namely the guides. Frankly, it is so many, I am sure that Emma and Simon couldn't handle it, even though they always do great work. And, others are stepping in too at this time, I saw, which is great! (but if you see guides, let them do their job, if they mess up, it's their head, why risk yours).
But, if people don't even want to say happy new year, or merry christmas, or you can't get them to talk, that's their loss. Just googling things like guide to planet calypso, or going through the sites on the planet calypso website, or finding the forum, alices guide, and so on.
It's all overwhelming, that's how much there is. But frankly, the people who don't persist in this, wouldn't stay anyway, let alone deposit. Of course, sometimes you will find people who are genuinly confused and having trouble. But most of the time, these people are the kind that either would get upset with the pace and leave anyway, or the kind that wouldn't like other things about the entropia universe.
i agree there :)

although im usually not for 16 hours around per day to help newbies, i get ignored often enough during my 2 hours shift, its actually pretty sad and boring when you spend 2 hours of the day to stand around being ignored by the newbies
some don't just ignore you even, they walk up to you, request a private chat, you agree, write hey
and they just walk away without saying a word

i also still update my guide, partially in those times when there are no newbies in my 2 hours shift or they ignore me hard
if they don't want to read it, what can i do
pretty much on every corner you can ask for help and get an answer often enough
i think that the occassion of the "lost newbie who doesnt get his questions answered and can't find info" is actually a rare case
unless he didn't ask really, didn't search really

most newcomers are very self centered and often very concerned about the peds they can make, sweat per hour is a very important figure
during christmas there were some events at swamp camp, one for example where Joey dropped some stuff for newbies to pick
it took 12 chat attempts to get some newbies going, they even asked like "can't you just trade the gift to us so we can keep sweating?"

sure it is hard to start out as sweater and needs patience, but I did that too
i have 2400 pts in sweat gathering skill ^^
been there, done that

i also agree with Jot that most won't stay, yesterday some guy who added me to FL gave up after like 20 min, cause sweating is too boring and deposit "never!"

but that isn't necessarily cause there is no information, i answered his questions
also not because of a hard game per se, cause everyone wants to play for free (or most try at least not to lose much), hence lots of newcomers sweat, thus decreasing the price for everyone else
it isn't the game making sweating harder for you, not even most of the other players, its the other newbies!
nothing bad with that, but you gotta accept it :D

So you mean basicly this game is like :

" here , get it , if you cant use it , dont buy it? "

Is that how you selling products ? lol

good job good job

very nice service :) Guess there aernt much competition out there .

Also you might not want to share all your secrets on a public forum. if 100 others try to use your tactic it will be nullified :silly2:[/QUOTE]

Atleast its better advice then all the BS guides on the web, sweat 15 ped and buy a gun...

Alice guide is BS!!!!

Maybe this kind of disinformation makes ppl quit after a serious attempt. Maybe we should all try to share our secrets :) I have nothing to loose, i can only gain a friend.

dude.. no offence.. but your a dumbass... i have read alice's guide and its a hell of alot more helpful than any player ever was.

i started back in beta.. i spawned at Atlas Haven with no one around me... it took me almost 4 hours to find someone willing to actually tell me how to sweat a creature... this is after i googled info and all kinds of other stuff and never got anything that would help me start... other than the forums and all i found is a bunch of stuff i didnt understand... i asked about it in the game and all i get was "stupid noob" i finally found someone that was willing to give me a little advice and taught me how to sweat creatures so that i could finally start playing the game... this started my PE career (for the first time)

when i came back after a 3 year break my account was reset back to nothing... and guess what when i spawned i met Lucky Seven (i know yall hate him but i dont care) and started talking to him about changes from then till now to get a feel for the "new" game (it was now EU not PE)... i went out to sweat camp and started sweating all over again... after about 2-3 days i met someone else in Riverboat Academy and was invited in despite being to skilled to be a deciple... at this point i finally learned about alice's guide(i had about 4k sweat) her guide allowed me to get a basic feel for each of the professions and told me how much it would cost...

Even though alice and i have different view points on how to train noobs i do know that her guide is one of the most helpful things i have ever found for both mentors and disciples... it would take days to find all the information that she has compressed to a compact guide

Atleast its better advice then all the BS guides on the web, sweat 15 ped and buy a gun..

Alice guide is BS!!!!

Maybe this kind of disinformation makes ppl quit after a serious attempt. Maybe we should all try to share our secrets :) I have nothing to loose, i can only gain a friend.

Well there is the ESC button.Thank god not everybody like the game. Imagine everybody liking EU. We are all different. If you find Entropia to difficult or to expensive please try other MMO. There are even Free ones (also based with micro transactions). If you don't want to grind fast and be lvl 100 in two days you can go play for example WoW.

Alice her guide is perfect. I wished we had that when i started. Even now with the guides, giveways, beter sweat system , auto click and a community where everybody helps , ppl stillcomlain why they can't have the uber gun in a week time. This game is designed too last long (hence the nerfing by MA in the earlier days). If everybody was lvl 100 in a month this game would suck. I'm happy with months of working then hitting a goal .. that's coo. And let's not forget one thing .. Socialize PPL. Hunting only to gain Profit (yes sure MUWAHAHAHA) is not the best thing to do. CHatting with ppl, dancing on AHR (shameless advert here) music , tp running with ETA (again shameless advert) or organizing funny noob events. And yes i also had breaks, chipped out bla bla bla. But i remembered one thing it's about the ppl ingame not the game itself. If this where in a other game with such a great community then Yeah i would go there. But the game designer actually listen to ppl when implenting new systems (marco asking for mentoring improvements, and the mindforce improvements etc etc ) and Yes this game is always and will always be in BETA state. That's what it makes so much fun.

So in short ... Pls Press ESC if you don'tlike it, uninstall it and move on pls.

P.S. Even got a newbie that said SL looks better ....i mean come on .. cry2 vs Sl engine ?

Last edited:
I met a group of new players from Sweden Stuck in LA 4 - Merp Land - they were irritated because they couldn't get out of the LA. I walked them out, however, this reinforced my view that MA should have an are where they can play which is only open to new players - an orientation area. I know this isn't a new idea....

BTW if any of the players that I helped read this - sorry I couldn't chat to you guys while walking out - I was skilling and hadn't brought armour etc with me so I had my hands full getting you out :)

Kungpow's noob PED guide

We have 2 sections, Kungpows idiots guide (very short) and Kungpow's great guide

Idiots guide

-Sweat 3 k buy a gun or start mining

Great Guide

First let me say i won't explain basic interaction, if you need someone to explain how to sweat, etc... you are better of with alice guide :banghead:

Ok you are droped in a unknow world any you have nothing. The only option is sweating. Dont go to the sweat camp. Download a map of the correct VU (version update) and make a TP run to nea's place in Amethera. It's not that hard. Teleport to New Oxford swim in the river all the way down and then die at the horizontal position near Nea's, respawn and make a run for it (last part somewhat more tricky)

Once you are there interact with the people and join a sweat or swunt team and start sweating. This is the most boring part of the game but you have to be persistent and keep sweating.

The price of sweat = Cost of Mind essence - Cost of Force Nexus

This used to be true.
But not anymore, it is a supply & demand.

KungPow's PED guide

Double post i hit the wrong button i wasn't finished this is only a draft many mony making techniques not yet described. I will finish it very soon

We have 2 sections, Kungpows idiots guide (very short) and Kungpow's great guide

Idiots guide

-Sweat 3 k buy a gun or start mining

Great Guide

First let me say i won't explain basic interaction, if you need someone to explain how to sweat, etc... you are better of with alice guide :banghead:

Ok you are droped in a unknow world any you have nothing. The only option is sweating. Dont go to the sweat camp. Download a map of the correct VU (version update) and make a TP run to nea's place in Amethera. It's not that hard. Teleport to New Oxford swim in the river all the way down and then die at the horizontal position near Nea's, respawn and make a run for it (last part somewhat more tricky)

Once you are there interact with the people and join a sweat or swunt team and start sweating. This is the most boring part of the game but you have to be persistent and keep sweating.

example: 175% - 118% = 0.57 pec/unit
(valid equasion since the TT value is the same)

So once u collected over 1000 sweat sell it at the right price.

For the very patient there is now another option, you can keep selling sweat or refine it yourself and sell Mind Essence. You don't have enough mony to start trading, you need atleast 15 ped.

The only thing some people do is refine and making a slight percentage on the goods. I won't discuss this further as it is basic and also quite boring but it can be lucrative, timing is also a part of it. For examples visit Twin Peaks and observe.

In times you can get extremly bored, but now there is more to be done then sweating. You need to do TP runs to more popular places so u can trade and observe how other ppl trade. Twin Peaks is a must have TP.

The other thing you need to do is visiting the auctineer from time to time, i even reccomend to do it right away. You need to learn about all the items available and also be able to memorize markups. For now we keep it to that. Don't bother memorizing markups near TT. Also keep in mind items can be customized and be alot more expencive then the basic item so the general markup can be misleading, For Blueprints keep in mind the TT value is very important and it also has a diffrent meaning with limited and unlimited blueprints.

Before we go any further we want to spend some time on the Kung Philosopfy or in short 'Kung-tai' as it is an important part to get rid of your earthly needs and it will make you stronger to resist hunting or any other fun activity :)

-You cannot make mony of MindArk unlless you are very lucky and hit hof or a global. It can be tempting with all the loot stats appearing on the chat screen but keep in mind it is a very big gamble. It can be fun but if you decide to do so you will probably be back to square one in no time

-The only stable way to make an income is with the community. For example reselling, it is NOT a bad thing, it is a service and you get paid for it. It requires alot of skill and im not talking about the numbers on your screen.

-People that play well and don't deposit are a minority, some players dont bother making mony and just depo to have some fun. This creates opportunity for the patient vs inpatient. Your ZenKung state of mind will make you invincible patient as we progress.

Now you have 15 ped and observed the market with the auctioneer.

BIDDING

-keep your eyes on the buyout collum, dont bother checking items with a near TT buyout
-never buy limited gear that is not near perfect condition
-only bid on things that are close to time limit
-check all the items available and look for a sales trend
-dont get carried away and start a bidding war keep your KungZen
-don't bother bidding on materials
-check the names of previous bidders and try memorizing them
-never bid on a common unlimited blueprint under 0.2 ped
-think hard before you bid and try choosing items that give most return, i myself made good ped in the beginning with blueprints
- clothes require taste and the color/intensity/texturizing is also a factor, it depends on the skill needed to make it for example green is less expencive then blue. Clothes that are simular to IRL are most of the time more expencive.
-keep in mind that alot of your bids will be surpassed and you need to keep maintaining your bids and checking the auction

SELLING
-Always use a buyout unless you are in a unique selling position
-Never set a buyout that is too high, the worst thing is not selling the product
-Check simular items, buyout and set your buyout the lowest, use the repair terminal to adjust your markup if you can, make the price attractive
-Blueprints are tricky, try to get a general idea of markup vs TT val (unlimited) Limited blueprints are easy and you just have to look at the markup.
-Market suffication is also a technique to try and get a unique selling position for instance with SGA gear, here we know its an event and items are very limited but this is more of a long term investment. In the beginning you need to focus on other stuff.

I agree basic hunting for noobies should be easier/cheaper. They could even lower drop rates just as long as I can hunt and NOT sweat all day long.

I agree basic hunting for noobies should be easier/cheaper. They could even lower drop rates just as long as I can hunt and NOT sweat all day long.

umm... how do you plan on hunting when your getting less items... if they lower drop rates then youll be losing money faster meaning MORE time sweating and less hunting

umm... how do you plan on hunting when your getting less items... if they lower drop rates then youll be losing money faster meaning MORE time sweating and less hunting

Or maybe , going wild here, sweat the animal dry then kill. You can sweat your loses at bit. Yes maybe slower bla bla. But better eco. There is a great topic from somebody how tested this out with armor (psstt and the best was settler +2c ... brrrrr makes me shiver)

Btw ..during the longtooth, MM, seacreatures, opening of CP and all the other events the loot on newbie creature was poor. I noticed that also. But the loot system is simpel. Where ppl hunt the most on the peds cycle faster and more. So with next event either join the mayhem or go skillin on merps/tants/daikba or just sweat or work on other skills like healing service, mine, trade , craft

Atleast its better advice then all the BS guides on the web, sweat 15 ped and buy a gun...

Alice guide is BS!!!!

heh, well, i wrote it and play since close to 5 years and am quite skilled as well
can't be that bad

but everyone has his opinion ;)

besides, what disinformation?
i wrote it 3 years ago or so, maybe i missed something and didn't update every part
if it is about mentoring etc since VU10, i already mentioned that at the start of the guide already :D

either way, hf :)

jump back in time 5 years being a noob was 10x worse, no SIB weapons etc. it was way more costly than it is now.

Alice Guide+SIB Charts+TP Runs, make any noob good to go. Read It, Do IT, you will be running with the pack. :)

Back