very new and in need of help

m0u53

Hatchling
ok i am a big fan of virtual worlds and mmorpgs, so i decided to try out this one. it took me forever to download the gigantic game file and then forever for it to finish patching. i was so excited when it was all done and i logged in only to find that my avatar is... INVISIBLE!

and apparently we are not allowed to link to !!!!!!! on here o_O i have a screenshot if anyone wants to see, please let me know where i can upload to that will not be messed up when posting.

now i did browse though the forums and google before making this post. so please bare with me. everyone kept saying to change your settings but WHERE DO I DO THAT? the options on the launcher only gives me the ability to change my internet speed and graphics wise i can only put myself in window mode and safe mode (neither of which made any change) i am unable to change settings in game because i am stuck in the avatar creation area and i really don't want to look like a dork just so i can change my options. am i missing something? i looked all over the login screen and double checked anything i can think of.

i noticed a lot of posts saying they have black avatars but mine is just completely missing as well as what seems to be most of the area.

is this all a big wash? i'm really disappointed that after waiting all this time for the file to download i can't even play :/

any help would surely be appreciated. thanks much :)

Post your pic in the gallery. You can see the link to it up above on the menu items. Gallery space is unlimited and the form admin prefers the images to be posted there to prevent broken image links.

I have not read any issues with an invisible avatar so am not sure what that cause may be.

Might help to post your PC specs

thanks for the tip about the gallery :)

this is what it looks like when i log in.
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
(pardon the jpeg artifacts i tossed it in paint cause i didn't want to open photoshop)

as for my specs, they're not great. but according to the launcher i should be able to play (everything was green checked) i am sure it won't be on high settings but as i play a lot of 3d videogames i'm sure i should be able to see something more than what i'm seeing..

the launcher states:

operating system: windows xp
memory: 2048 (i have 2 gig of ram)
graphics card: ati radeon hd 4600 series

to further that my processor is (not great) an amd sempron processor 3000+ 1.81 GHz. (reading that off my system properties window)

as i said, its not the best computer but i am able to play games like fallout 3, world of warcraft, and second life on high graphic settings with pretty good fps so i am pretty shocked that this is running so poorly.

I wish I could help, this is something I have not seen and with your equipment meeting minimums I am not sure why this would be.

Hope someone has the answer for you -

Hello and welcome,

I sugest you contact support on the FPC main page with this.
And pass them your comp specs etc.

EU is using Cryengine 2 now and its all pretty new.
MA/FPC is working to iron the last bug's out, and it seems that you found one which seems to be pretty new.

I hope you get it sorted and to see you soon on Calypso.

Kind regards.
Ion

or try to sent a support case to mindark

Try messing with the gfx settings available in the client loader - try windowed mode or safe mode. Seems like it would a gfx problem so changing the settings might help.

If not, contact support via the webpage - I'm sure they know a fix.

And welcome to EU :)

Try messing with the gfx settings available in the client loader - try windowed mode or safe mode. Seems like it would a gfx problem so changing the settings might help.

If not, contact support via the webpage - I'm sure they know a fix.

And welcome to EU :)

as i mentioned in the first post i did try both of those graphics settings and neither helped.

thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions, i will contact support :)

First of welcome !

Second check this thread out:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/technical/159699-compiled-help-issues-errors-installing-vu10-0-client.html

You seem to have the minimum requierd specs almost, so you might wanna try safe mode.

You could also try downloading latest driver for grafix card and also the physX drivers since they are used.

And also using windowmode gives you higher fps so try that.

Other than this I would suggest talking to support about it. Just send a support case, you do that from when you registerd the account for EU by loging in there.

Good luck hope some of this helped.

Won't pressing "o" (options) work when in the creation process? Think it will since you're already "ingame" even if you're only creating your ava. When you press "o" you can change different graphic settings etc.

That's a driver issue/corrupt files/not fully updated windows/not installed latest directx 9

That's a driver issue/corrupt files/not fully updated windows/not installed latest directx 9

Didnt think of that, updating your gfx card may help if its not up-to-date :)

Back