The Uprising and Fall - The Story.

Status
And no, I doubt the duped items had any kind of negative impact towards MA. Since they would more likely earn money on it by people depositing large amounts of money to buy them.

Mod faps have better eco than other FAPs, hence letting people hunt more eco...

Money deposited by one player to buy one of them might as well have been withdrawn shortly after by the seller, and therefore not giving MA much money at all :scratch2:

Made alot of friends during this time, in particular De1ta, Linzey, Burnsey and Leafren. But also had a blast chatting with Angel and Heart. So many people I'd like to mention, but hard to remember them all.

Angel's name is Angel Shadow Heart, perhaps you meant Angel and Gem? I'd guess if you know either of them that well then you'd know that.

4 Improved ARR8000M - Looted
1 Improved ARR4400M - Looted

Neither gun exists in EU and neither ever has. Improved ARR8000 (non-M) and Modified BGH4400 do exist. Maybe you meant one of these with your infinite knowledge of the guns (since you bought them all).

Also, I actually believe that at least 75% of all Mod Faps in the game are dupes. Perhaps even more!

A couple maybe but storm coats were the most duped item. Most of those ingame aren't legit. Mod faps maybe 1-2 squeaked through the cracks.

I cashed out, feeling a huge amount of disgust that I had to quit and leave Entropia. Around 10 days later, the money arrived at my bank account and I was relieved I actually got them before the bankrupcy.

This portion is the part I had to laugh at the most. It is where I really stopped believing your tall tail. Anyone who played PE back then knows that withdrawals took like 3+ months to see the money and support cases were like throwing a bottle with a note in it into the ocean and hoping you got a response. Don't say it was because you were so uber that they responded faster because I had my fair share of good gear too back then.

I was then planning on buying all my equipment back, but everything had skyrocketed in price.

Prices didn't go up that much during this time. In fact, I left EU for 5 months and came back to one of the two major price spikes in recorded EU history and neither were during the period you mentioned.

Over and out, in game "gizze the legend", the orange suited freshman with a tale to tell.

Who? I guess we're all legends in our own minds man.

P.S. You're a good story teller. You should get into writing children's books.

Last edited:
Angel's name is Angel Shadow Heart, perhaps you meant Angel and Gem? I'd guess if you know either of them that well then you'd know that.

Neither gun exists in EU and neither ever has. Improved ARR8000 (non-M) and Modified BGH4400 do exist. Maybe you meant one of these with your infinite knowledge of the guns (since you bought them all).

A couple maybe but storm coats were the most duped item. Most of those ingame aren't legit. Mod faps maybe 1-2 squeaked through the cracks.

This portion is the part I had to laugh at the most. It is where I really stopped believing your tall tail. Anyone who played PE back then knows that withdrawals took like 3+ months to see the money and support cases were like throwing a bottle with a note in it into the ocean and hoping you got a response. Don't say it was because you were so uber that they responded faster because I had my fair share of good gear too back then.

Prices didn't go up that much during htis time. In fact, I left EU for 5 months and came back to one of the two major price spikes in recorded EU history and neither were during the period you mentioned.

Who? I guess we're all legends in our own minds man.

P.S. You're a good story teller. You should get into writing children's books.

Haha good one Star :) , nice to see someone been around long enough to know.

And yeah it was definetly the storm coats, they used to drop them out at sea I think from what I heard. And it used to be armors also that where duped. And back then almost every hof on longu of atleast 700ped there was a imp mk2 in :). But hey now we get L we should be happy as a hamster.

And I have to agree never even heard of "gizze the legend" ever, before this thread. And I been around since 2003.

Another quote from your initial post:

I played roughly 14-16 hours a day for a long period of time, experienced most that was available at that time. Also looted pretty much anything worth a shitload of money today.

I loved this game, more addicted then many others. It was literally a fix to log on each day for my monster sessions. Today I'd say PE made me sick and very asocial. Friends stopped visiting, got sacked from work, family got worried. One person stood by my side the entire time, my girlfriend. And she still is, with our newborn since Dec 29th 2009.

By the sounds of it, it is a good thing that you stopped playing. If it ruined your life so badly, why are you complaining now? You just had a newborn baby and your first task is to come on a forum and tell everyone how much you hate PE? Shouldn't you be happy you have a new child? If it is true, stop being a baby yourself and go take care of your newborn baby. Anyone who has a baby would wonder how you have the energy for whining on a forum instead of just taking care of your kid.

I agree with Kemp. After reading the whole thing again im wondering what MA did wrong towards you ? You made ALOT of money for a period of time and could have made more but your decisions turned out to be bad ones.
Feel free to make a post where you say "THANKS MINDARK for all the money you put in my hands !"

MA / FPC gets alot of critisism and its often for perfectly good reasons but your whining just sounds foolish to me ?!

I second this ! :yay:

May I say that I only didn't know about 1 of these mistakes, the dubed item part. The rest I didn't find energy for to even mention. So much wrong in that OP.

Oooops, I'd stay away, but couldn't resist agreeing on Star's post.

Is it not also correct that through this dupe cK came into being and got its name coat killers?

Some of the original members may have had duped coats, but the bug wasn't what brought the society into being. If you look up the old issues of The Gate (use the search function), there is a society profile on them that actually talks about how they all met and joined together.

As for the dupe bug - there were actually a couple of them up until 2004, one would allow true duping (like with the storm coats), the other (that showed up after the old one was fixed) just created a temporary copy that could be used, but was lost if traded or the avatar logged off. There were many people that talked about certain people using the second exploit so that they could hunt without decay or to arm friends with uber gear, but the biggest problem was scammers using it to try and sell or trade the duped copies (which would vanish as soon as the trade completed, the only warning was if you read the confirmation screen - something which the recent "I accidentally traded my uber gear" threads indicate that people no longer do - the duped items would show a 0 PED value). I don't know if anyone else helped by reporting how it was done, but Skyrider and I used one of my guns to test the temp-dupe process until we got it down perfectly, then filed a report with MA. A couple days later, new VU, bug gone.

As for the OP blaming MA, there is no grounds to base it on, not even the IRC log. If you go on that IRC log, it is obvious that he is a disgruntled employee who is looking to undermine the company by leaking the information. As for losses - the OP admits to making consistant profit until he quit, that is far more than the vast majority of people can say, so be happy that you DID profit back then.

Hell, I made my first ped as a runner and turned it into a good living as a trader before the auction house came in and killed most of the traders off. I thought I would quite, so I sold almost everything I had - several (3) shadow sets, two V2s, two Adj. V1s, one IMk2, one MM). Before I could cash out, they pushed a VU that made the game more system-intensive and made it so my old computer coudn't handle it any more (I was a kid in school, I couldn't afford another computer), so the PED sat on my card. I could log in, but I would crash, so I kept my account going for when I got another computer. By the time I got a computer that could handle it, they had added in Mindforce, property, and this crazy thing called "sweating"... I checked the auction, which was now FAR more active, and noticed that the gear I had sold was now worth about twice as much (still nothing compared to now). Did I feel bitter? No - I bought some gear and joined Hunters Unlimitted and had a blast. Hindsight is 20/20, I now REALLY wish I hadn't sold all that stuff, but that's life. I quit again a few years ago, didn't log in, and lost the few things remaining on the account (since I did cash out). Now I'm a low-mid level hunter and just play the game for fun. Much like you, I lost a ton of money (if what you say is true) by not holding onto stuff, but I still made back more than my initial investment (the first time around, now I'm in the losing boat with most people), but I know it isn't MA's fault that I did the things I did.

OP - Sometimes, you have to take responsibility for your own actions. MindArk NEVER said that they were closing down the game, you were acting on insider information which was obtained from a disgruntled employee. Had they gone out of business, you would have been laughing all the way to the bank at the expense of the people you sold items to, who would only have the TT value. I'm sorry, but I can't feel sorry for you, you made money after all. Had MA said they were going out of business, everyone had a fire sale of their gear, and then said "nevermind, we are sticking around" - THEN I would feel sorry for you.

If you go on that IRC log, it is obvious that he is a disgruntled employee who is looking to undermine the company by leaking the information.

could be a complete fraud and not a "former employee" at all? :wise:

Anyone who has a baby would wonder how you have the energy for whining on a forum instead of just taking care of your kid.

Our baby is a newborn, 2 weeks on monday. Eating and shitting, and sleeping in between. It's not like I'm sitting there watching every hour of the day. It will change once he starts to be awake more though!

Some of the original members may have had duped coats, but the bug wasn't what brought the society into being. If you look up the old issues of The Gate (use the search function), there is a society profile on them that actually talks about how they all met and joined together.

As for the dupe bug - there were actually a couple of them up until 2004, one would allow true duping (like with the storm coats), the other (that showed up after the old one was fixed) just created a temporary copy that could be used, but was lost if traded or the avatar logged off. There were many people that talked about certain people using the second exploit so that they could hunt without decay or to arm friends with uber gear, but the biggest problem was scammers using it to try and sell or trade the duped copies (which would vanish as soon as the trade completed, the only warning was if you read the confirmation screen - something which the recent "I accidentally traded my uber gear" threads indicate that people no longer do - the duped items would show a 0 PED value). I don't know if anyone else helped by reporting how it was done, but Skyrider and I used one of my guns to test the temp-dupe process until we got it down perfectly, then filed a report with MA. A couple days later, new VU, bug gone.

As for the OP blaming MA, there is no grounds to base it on, not even the IRC log. If you go on that IRC log, it is obvious that he is a disgruntled employee who is looking to undermine the company by leaking the information. As for losses - the OP admits to making consistant profit until he quit, that is far more than the vast majority of people can say, so be happy that you DID profit back then.

OP - Sometimes, you have to take responsibility for your own actions. MindArk NEVER said that they were closing down the game, you were acting on insider information which was obtained from a disgruntled employee. Had they gone out of business, you would have been laughing all the way to the bank at the expense of the people you sold items to, who would only have the TT value. I'm sorry, but I can't feel sorry for you, you made money after all. Had MA said they were going out of business, everyone had a fire sale of their gear, and then said "nevermind, we are sticking around" - THEN I would feel sorry for you.

I had the mod faps for a good couple of weeks (0.00PED), regardless if I logged in and out. So that has to be from the first one then. Basically most players I met had one, and they all couldn't have been a fair and square drops. :)

And you're talking about one angry employee, there were two different ones.

About me taking responsibility for my own actions. As said, I wish I never got the information given. I was more or less forced out to not lose the money I had in peds and gear. Call it greed or common sense, I don't know.

could be a complete fraud and not a "former employee" at all? :wise:

Perhaps, it would most certainly been a relief back then, to just kick yourself in the nuts out of stupidity and move on. But since I had talked with "Eejay" myself a couple of times, it had a greater impact.

But, you never know. Might have been an impersonator all along! :eek:

I was more or less forced out to not lose the money I had in peds and gear. Call it greed or common sense, I don't know.

Forced out by someone who has been around all these 7 years....
http://www.entropiatracker.com/index.asp?system=players&mode=lookup&PlayerID=13873

How come he is still there (don't forget I actually met Linzey and Lady as well (Internet cafe GOL, Gothenburg)when visting MA in August 2004. BTW, MA didn't slam the door in my face since we had an appointment...)?

And yes, I call it greed, which did not work because you overreacted. And now you are whining about it. Dude, get an Opalo, forget all the histpry and explore the land for $15 a month.
Whish I could do that now and then.

Aah yeah, Café GameOnline, perfect place to play Entropia I would say! Guess you're not allowed to smoke at the computers in the basement any more though! :D

And no we didn't have an appointment, so no wonders, guess he learned from our mistake when you visited though!

And yeah, I'm currently playing as a low-end hunter on Drones 01-02. And having a blast! No pressure whatsoever, and a nice getaway from changing diapers and feeding the baby.

About me taking responsibility for my own actions. As said, I wish I never got the information given. I was more or less forced out to not lose the money I had in peds and gear. Call it greed or common sense, I don't know.

Taking and owning your responsibility for you actions is first recognizing that your have no real story to tell... in terms of MA somehow screwing you over. Painting a negative picture of the company as some sort of shifting of the blame by default using stories about babies and personal problems to distract us from what are and were your actions and decisions taken for your benefit is a way of avoiding the owning of your responsiblity... as you try to evoke some kind of sympathy or empathy from us for them. Otherwise why the post...?

Taking it and owning it are two different things

Posting it with all this puffed up braggadocio is a Third

lol I didn't even finish looking at the list. This is a good one too. :)

Yeah, the Shadow footguards part slipped by unnoticed when I read, as well. Good catch. At first I was almost sympathizing with the OP (though I still think it wasn't such a smart move even if the rest is true), but that bit surely ruined his entire credibility for me.

The EULA does cover 3rd party websites, such as EF...

I never said that I personally wanted the thread to be locked, I commented that it might become locked.

It is, after all, breaking rules. which generally gets threads locked...

Pile of crap, at least stay firm on your opinions.

Actually this is much like the story i know, some details are fuzzy, but so is my memory.

Angel and Heart was actually the original names of those 2 renowned ck´s Heart later changed to using Gem, since it was his middle name.

Eejay like many others was kinda whack!

I remember Gizze being this crazy looter, he kept getting insane hofs on allos and i think also longu ?

Thers alot of history shrouded in the mist and alot of it shoudnt be dug up.

Alot of the duped items wasnt duped by intend, but alot of people sold them on purpose and traded them around when they did happen.

I remember from those days, my ingame friend known as beast got banned for selling adj v1 three times over because it kept duping up when he got discoed, ofc he did it on purpose and deserved the ban.

I to heard faint rumors of the game going down, i had good stuff at that time but since it hadnt cost me that much i decided to keep.

There are active, rich and influencial avatars that know stuff and know to shut up about it and they do, and they dont like people talking about it either.

the truth is out there...

This thread have cleared up a lot of things for me, and i do think more people need to read this.

Holy Necro!!

Interesting read though, but game was much smaller back then just in infancy. Before my time but heard of free melee skilling on auctioneers and all kinds of stuff.

Whats gone is done, all that matters if present and future.

/mod note/ another necro'd thread ...
:locked:

Status
Back