Derid - A newbies situation and progress

Status
Damn I miss home :(.

Lol @ the pic of the Sowetan Toilet :)

:)

Was another adventure as it is every time I go down there, had a blast! :)

Derid is back!

So after a long away time I am back again!

I was last left off on Next Island and when I came back I spent a couple of days there doing some baby quests and walked for some fruit and stones. But I heard about all the changes that has happened on Calypso so I booked a flight home with the Bismark. Was first time I was on a ship of this size but had not time to see much as I logged off to save my inventory. And luckily I did, 3 or 4 pirate attacks later we arrived at the Calypso Space station and as there was pirates around I paid the 7 Peds to get down. So 12 PEDs in travel costs and I should be able to make that back in a couple of days.

Tho! More will come later, I have much to read up on when it comes to changes etc that has happened. I have been trying to say hi to all the old friends and it is with joy you get to talk to good ppl you have not seen in a long while.

See you guys in game and I will try to get this thread going again. Sadly tho I have lost all the "data" I had collected for skills so I will have to "replicate" old stats from the graphs I have up. As I really do love the graph that shows the progress, keeps the motivation going!!!

Take care all!

Derid

Saw you log in the other day, welcome back mate.

Saw you log in the other day, welcome back mate.

Good to see you O2! Ill have a chat with you when I get a chance, see what troubles you been getting yourself into when I been gone :)

Cheers

Good to see you O2! Ill have a chat with you when I get a chance, see what troubles you been getting yourself into when I been gone :)

Cheers

He broke down a rock wall and unleashed hellfires in to a demon cave at the volcano, people are dying!

And welcome back!

He broke down a rock wall and unleashed hellfires in to a demon cave at the volcano, people are dying!

And welcome back!

Why am I not surprised???

And I guess you were the one who stood next to him cheering him on and provided the TNT to blow the wall? ;)

Why am I not surprised???

And I guess you were the one who stood next to him cheering him on and provided the TNT to blow the wall? ;)

I'd never do such a thing!... Me being there was coincidence entirely

Welcome back, get yourself an Ancient Red Scorpion you will love it, unless you already have one :) Some xent tech rifles are nice too. Have fun

Yeah, there are now some ul sib laser rifles that start sib at 5 or 6 and cost only like +40 or so. Do check out auction.

I'd never do such a thing!... Me being there was coincidence entirely

Coincidence... yhea... sure... ;) Hope you doing well tho.

Welcome back, get yourself an Ancient Red Scorpion you will love it, unless you already have one :) Some xent tech rifles are nice too. Have fun

I been trying to read up some on what has happened when I been gone, but that did seem as a very interesting weapon I have to say. Thanks for great tip.

Yeah, there are now some ul sib laser rifles that start sib at 5 or 6 and cost only like +40 or so. Do check out auction.

Thanks Remontoire, all tips are welcome. I am trying to read up on so much I can now to find a way to go from my current situation.

Status at the moment is that I am gathering some oil, a good way to keep myself occupied when I try to read up on all the big changes, all the new gear and weapons etc. Only bad part is that you gain no skills directly getting the oil, sweating at least provided that.

Spent a lot of time chatting with old friends from the game, hear all the stories of what has been happening with them in game and irl.

But, time to get serious and get some plans and goals setup again so I don't become to rusty. Will try to update my first page here also to reflect my current situation a bit better. Sadly tho as said I lost all the earlier data for stats etc but hopefully I can get the excel sheet back, as I like to track the skills. Otherwise I will just create a new one. I am still so low on skills that it does not matter so much.

Derid

Been spending a lot of time the last few weeks gathering some oil and sweating so then decided to do some hunting this weekend as a reward for my hard work.

I went out with a heart filled of dreams, hope and happiness! I loaded up for me a large amount of ammo (20 Peds) and headed out. Sadly I returned back with a more realistic view on the hunt. I had a return on about 40% and that of course did not really make me want to cheer of joy. But trying to see the positive and be happy about the skill gains that I achieved instead.

Also put in some baby peds into mining, but as it was so little the results can't really be said anything about. But no real luck there either.

So, now its back to the sweating and the oil rig to cover the losses from this adventure and build up for a new run.

Derid

Hi all!

Not much to report. Been away on work as usual. Currently just trying to gather some PEDs to build my bankroll. Dont know if I should put my tries into trading or if I should put it all into hunting and mining. Trading many gives me pointers in and tell me to try it out. Have thought about this but don't know how well it will fit me. My knowledge of the game is very limited and I will have to focus on a narrow segment to learn that first and move on from that. But we shall see, but reached 500 PED bankroll now and I am very very very pleased I have to say. :)

Otherwise, sweating some, not that much anymore and spending some time at the oil rig. That is about my days in game :)

Hope all is well with you guys and drop by for a chat or add me as friends. Always time to chat whilst waiting / sweating in game.

Derid

ps. wrote a new short story: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?259486-The-dangers-at-the-rig

As this thread is getting very old I cannot change my main posts and update the data there anymore so will be creating a new thread. Also gotten an account on Jdegre's skill scanning place so I can keep track of the skills etc and will start the new thread with more info etc.

I gotten the question a few times about why I write the thread. And from the beginning my reason was quite simple to share my own lil experiences of Entropia. Then it kind of became a way for me to track my own progress in the game and after I ran into people in game who commented about the thread etc I understood that some found it amusing to read about my mistakes, grand dreams and other small anecdotes bout the Derid. Also I gotten a lot of friends in the game through this thread and as a good base for making a headway in this game is to have good people around you. Gotten so many tips, answered questions and of course just the social aspect just because of the thread that I want to keep doing it.

So, hopefully I can get the new thread going soon and going to try to keep it updated a bit better than I done with this thread.

See you guys in game! (When I can log in again as I seem to be in one of the servers that have "crashed")

Derid

Hey Derid, as you are back .. how about a new thread ? I'd enjoy to read it.

Cheers:wtg:

Hey Derid, as you are back .. how about a new thread ? I'd enjoy to read it.

Cheers:wtg:

Yhea mate, was thinking about it earlier. This one is getting a bit "old" and should start fresh. Just need to read up on the changes and get back into the game some and we shall see if we can get something new going :)

Then at least I know one poor guy is reading all my nub thoughts and grand illusions of world domination ;)

So spent the weekend reading up on changes and chatting in game to ppl I have not seen for some time. But always so nice to get in game and you get a few pms where ppl ask how things going and so on. That is really an important part for me when it comes to Entropia, the good people I been lucky to meet!! Thanks to all of you! :yay:

Otherwise I tried some walking for fruit, stone and dung. I am a bit worried tho about my settings on my new laptop. I just got a feeling that I could not spot fruits etc real well, I am not sure about what settings relate to it so will have to do some testing. Also of course I had to drop by the baby rig to see what was going on there, it was locked down for a while so managed to get myself some dodge when doing some runs! Tho, funny thing, they locked it down for like an hour and then claimed that both of them made about 60 peds each... Really, if you going to lie, at least make it believable, otherwise its just sad.... :wise:

I also thought about a new thread, as a lot of stuff here is well, old news and not very fun to read for people. I checked tho and I kind of got a bit motivated to do it also as it seems that at least a few enjoy reading my ramblings! But to be frank, (Who the hell is this Frank guy btw?), my thread has always kept me "motivated" in a funny way to keep going and I have gotten so much good feedback when I almost done something stupid and been stopped by the more intelligent and experienced players! Thank you to all of you!

So, stay tuned and lets see if I can start a new thread and make it worthwhile reading again.

Main concern now that there seems to be a bit of lack of a good inv calc, Pirx has his awesome https://www.stickynote.info but as it gets data from PEauction, and that site seems to be a bit "outdated" when I did some checks on materials and so on. And keeping my inv calc value information is kind of a big booster for myself. So if anyone got any tips on this I would be grateful.

Derid

Went by the baby rig yesterday but the line was huge and the same kids from yesterday was seen heading to it. So decided to spare myself some dying and headed out to work on a mission in Camp Phoenix. I first tho started with some walking for fruit, stone and dung.

Found a total of about 200 fruit and maybe 100 dung, dropped some probes but got real bad return on them so decided to dance with a robot to die and get a green dodge message! And both parts worked! So headed out to Camp Phoenix and started on my mission there and whilst healing up from damage I dropped some probes and actually broke even on the drops whilst there.

Got myself a few kills on the mission before I decided to call it a night due to fatigue after a 14 hour work day.

Overall, bad hunting and mining returns, but as I had spent some time with sweating / oil I still managed to pull off a whopping 4 Ped + for the evening. :tongue2: Going + is always a +, so happy bout that.

Also started collecting data from my avatar and inventory to prepare for the new thread.

Status
Back