Question: where are music files in EU.exe, now ?

Status
Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Danielle YourMom DeathBringer ♥
After Cry2 - the folder setup seemed to change inside the Entropia Universe.exe file and I can't find the music pieces.

I'm trying to throw some bits of an EU party together for a quick clip and want to use the music ... but I can't find it. :duh:

It used to be a buncha sound files together and you could tell which ones were music, by the size of the file. But I can't even find an accessible sound file .. let alone the music. :banghead:

Am I blind ? :scratch:

Can someone point me in the direction of the individual music files .. ?

ps - using EU music stops YooToob's lame asses from shutting down the audio. ;)

What do you mean "in" the executable file?

The new file system that came with 10.3 compressed everything into their own files. You will need some sort of special extractor to get at the music files.

hhmmm - ok - they were inside the file of EntropiaUniverse - perhaps not the exe file - but inside the file.

they used to be in a 'sounds' file - but apparently now they're all hidden.

super lamecore

Did you burn an old copy of Entropia to a DVD? If so you could install that and find the sound files unencrypted.

Only thing I can think of - obviously there's a risk of corrupting your existing installation so would be best to do this on a 2nd computer.

From : http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2009/11/18/7876/index.xml

# Content is no longer distributed as a lot of small files, but as a small number of .pak files
# The majority of the content files are now encrypted to increase security; unfortunately, this upgrade requires a re-download of the affected content

Presumably the music files are included in this and hence are no longer accessible.

They are probably in the music.pak file. :)

However, .pak is not a genuine file format. If you don't know how it was "paked" they can hardly be extracted. There are some unpakers around for Quake2, Battlefield and such, but people have coded those unpakers especially for each game. No idea if one of those unpakers would work here as well.

They are probably in the music.pak file. :)

However, .pak is not a genuine file format. If you don't know how it was "paked" they can hardly be extracted. There are some unpakers around for Quake2, Battlefield and such, but people have coded those unpakers especially for each game. No idea if one of those unpakers would work here as well.

euh shouldnt it be encrypted the whole game files stuff <???
so no change in that. Also the music is free to download at the game site media section

use the files from the website? i think they got all there.

Probably not encrypted but these files are available from eu website :)

Last edited:
yes I know they're on the website and have been for some time, now.

I just appreciated the old system, where you could access the EU music right from your computer. Also in my case, could import it right into a movie editing program.

tyvm for your pm, So Real !

+repppaaggee coming your way - it worked ! :yay:

Status
Back