Virtual Egg Sold for $69,696 USD -- "NEVERDIE" Avatar Sets Virtual World Record (Marketwire via Yahoo! Finance)

News Bot

Guardian
LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - 02/03/10) - Cyber Superstar Avatar Jon "NEVERDIE" Jacobs held a public auction Sunday on his personal Asteroid, inside the Real Cash Virtual World platform Entropia Universe and Sold a mythological Virtual Egg for a Whopping $69,696.00 USD; setting a new World Record for the "Most Profit" made on a single Looted Treasure in a Video game. NEVERDIE is currently ...

More...

News feed provided by Yahoo! News.

ahhh.... the world records.

Don't know if this is the kind off headlines we want to have atm :/

Nicely written and released. ;)

Look forward to the new single cuz the last one was played quite a bit in the office while i was there lol.

C

OMG a real world article involving EU with out the RCE this blah blah blah RCE that blah blah blah. Something was said regarding real happenings in game.

It was finally good to see something with a reasoning behind it to actually give readers a taste of WHY we play and how things like the sale of big items effect many things besides the pocketbooks of the makers.

Yes it is a huge promotion for Neverdie and his projects but hey he made the effort to do something not only on his own behalf but for the community buy pumping up the game and not the owners hype about money.

lol, who bought 'theee' Egg?

Last edited:
lol, who bought 'theee' Egg?

Somebody with more money than sense I'll wager :D

Surely if it hasn't hatched by now it's not going to??

Ahh.. the headlines

hmmm this all seems abit to much...smells Fishy why would Deathifier by the egg for 69.696 USD, when he could bid 10.000 for it... is it all a big marketing trick from both and what is the actual Salesprice for the egg? :rolleyes:

setting a new World Record for the "Most Profit" made on a single Looted Treasure in a Video game

Um, not a world record, Dub got more than that from his Ruga tower.

Good example of the ND hype machine in action though :D

ahh... the pompous tone of the article. :rolleyes:

i guess any publicity is good publicity.

would laugh my as off if nothing ever happens to the egg though :laugh:

Quoting myself to add that if you look at it in percentage terms it's even worse - less than 700% profit, people make greater profits every day selling ESIs :)

Ahh ... the king ....

Not if you look at it like it was each stone and not the whole find.

hmmm this all seems abit to much...smells Fishy why would Deathifier by the egg for 69.696 USD, when he could bid 10.000 for it... is it all a big marketing trick from both and what is the actual Salesprice for the egg? :rolleyes:

:scratch2::laugh:

Is this really the promotion that EU needs? I can just see how people outside this little community will trashtalk and hate EU even more.

But ofcourse there will come something extra ordinary from that egg now, so that MA/FPC can say that everything is a possibility in EU.

Well played guys!

He is a virtual star though...

Has had 2 world records now

been on 'Stuff Magazines' list of "30 most powerful people under 30" (as the only avatar)

Los Angeles Times called him the first virtual superstar...

been in several documentarys...

etc...

He even has his own Wikipedia article ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEVERDIE

LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - 02/03/10) - Cyber Superstar Avatar Jon "NEVERDIE" Jacobs held a public auction Sunday on his personal Asteroid, inside the Real Cash Virtual World platform Entropia Universe and Sold a mythological Virtual Egg for a Whopping $69,696.00 USD; setting a new World Record for the "Most Profit" made on a single Looted Treasure in a Video game. NEVERDIE is currently ...

More...

News feed provided by Yahoo! News.

whahahahaahaha :laugh: :eek: sry and btw gz deathi... :D

He is a virtual star though...

Has had 2 world records now

been on 'Stuff Magazines' list of "30 most powerful people under 30" (as the only avatar)

Los Angeles Times called him the first virtual superstar...

been in several documentarys...

etc...

He even has his own Wikipedia article ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEVERDIE

... and above all, He is (They are) in no way related to MA / FPC... (other the simply "participants" of course)...

(maybe i have an "IDIOT" label, that i'm not aware of, sticked on my back... somebody please help me get rid of it...)

Ahhhh...............the reseller :laugh:

Yarrrr ye scurvy space pirate Neverdie enjoy yar plundered booty on some tropic isle yarrr!

...there's one born every minute

:bs:

Congratulations! You just purchased virtually nothing for almost 70,000! But here is a cartoon picture of it and...well, you don't actually own it. So enjoy your investment! Oh by the way, no clue whether something will ever be done with The Egg but hey, isn't this publicity great?

So honey, I just bought our nest egg today... No, really, well virtually, kind of, well...I got this great picture of it.

:bs:

Congratulations! You just purchased virtually nothing for almost 70,000! But here is a cartoon picture of it and...well, you don't actually own it. So enjoy your investment! Oh by the way, no clue whether something will ever be done with The Egg but hey, isn't this publicity great?

So honey, I just bought our nest egg today... No, really, well virtually, kind of, well...I got this great picture of it.

RL stocks are also virtual and can drop in value fast .... hows that different then this :)

Ive heard of dragging up bullshit to make news and publicity but this bullshit even the cows turn thier back on....

Back