PR: Planet Calypso Sees 2nd Amazing Sale Of The Year

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Unique Virtual Egg Sold For Over $69,000 USD

Gteborg, Sweden ? February 5, 2010 ? First Planet Company, developer and publisher of the largest real money Massively Multiplayer Online Game, announced today the sale of a legendary Virtual Egg for a n a stunning $69,696.00 USD. This comes on the heels of the Crystal Palace Station?s recent sale for a record-breaking $330,000.00 USD.

Jon ?NEVERDIE? Jacobs held a public auction Sunday , inside Planet Calypso, and sold the Virtual Egg to David Storey aka Deathifier.Deathifier owns ?Treasure Island? in the game, a t ax generating Virtual World Destination . NEVERDIE purchased the Virtual Egg for $10,000 USD in 2006 from a gamer who c ompleted a unique q uest.The Final Chapter in the Egg?s History has yet to be written as thousand s of players speculate what will actually hatch from the it and if it will be worth the e xtraordinary price tag.

Deathifier purchased ?T reasure Island? with hunting and mineral Rights in 2004 for $27,500 USD and reportedly earned his investment back within the year. NEVERDIE mortgaged his home in Miami in 2005 to purchase an Asteroid for $100,000 USD. NEVERDIE turned the Asteroid into a NightClub dubbed Club NEVERDIE, which is now valued at over $1 million USD . NEVERDIE and Deathifier haveboth been featured in the Guinness B ook of World Records for their a stounding Virtual Transactions.

?The s ale of the Atrox Queen Egg is another example of the incredibly unique world and economy we offer in our game.While you don?t need thousands of dollars, or even tens of dollars to play Planet Calypso, it?s sales like these that truly separate our virtual world from any other on the planet,? said Marco Behrmann, CEO of First Planet Company. ? We are introducing a new quest system soon and the epic price tag of this Egg, which was a quest treasure itself, will energize a new generation of virtual pioneers looking to make their mark.?

First Planet Company is the developer and publisher of Planet Calypso, the largest real economy Massively Multiplayer Online Game in the world. Players have the ability to participate in a unique virtual world where they only pay for the game when they play. Its innovative real money economy uses a virtual currency which has a fixed exchange rate with the US dollar. This allows players to deposit and withdraw real funds for their adventures on Calypso or in the real world. It is also the first MMORPG to use CryTek?s stunning CryENGINE 2 for amazing graphics and physics.Planet Calypso is the oldest planet in the Entropia Universe and is free to download.

Planet Calypso is a free download available at the game?s website, www.planetcalypso.com.

About First Planet Company
First Planet Company AB is a subsidiary of the MindArk Group. First Planet Company AB develops and markets Planet Calypso, a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) based on the Entropia Platform , and is part of the Entropia Universe . Set in a distant future, the planet Calypso is home to an expanding human colony struggling with the natural and economic elements involved in establishing their new civilization.

For more information on First Planet Company (FPC) and Planet Calypso please contact us at the numbers above or go to our website at http://www.planetcalypso.com

Originally Posted Here

Can you edit this so I can read it? LOL and.. whats to become of it? :scratch2:

I guess they have to give dethifier his moneys worth now, or the whole situation will look more of a joke than it already is.

So all you have to do is pay a lot of peds for something and MA will pay you off in the end by the looks of it. Assuming they do, I wonder if the same thing would be done for an unknown avatar?!?

Nice :) ya please edit the text beause text is whit lot of ''?'' :yay:

He probably used notepad or something then straight copy and pasted which can mess up on some forums, best to type this kind of thing in MS Word Skam.

The circus Continuous...

Lets hope the clown hatches soon!!! ;)

Last edited:
So all you have to do is pay a lot of peds for something and MA will pay you off in the end by the looks of it. Assuming they do, I wonder if the same thing would be done for an unknown avatar?!?
If you pay that kind of money for something you will not be an unknown avatar for long...

Hummm

Maybe Deathifier works for craft.... :scratch2:

Whats with the question marks and gramatcial errors ? Whoever wrote this is pissed???

Jon ?NEVERDIE? Jacobs held a public auction Sunday , inside Planet Calypso, and sold the Virtual Egg to David Storey aka Deathifier.Deathifier owns ?Treasure Island? in the game, a t ax generating Virtual World Destination . NEVERDIE purchased the Virtual Egg for $10,000 USD in 2006 from a gamer who c ompleted a unique q uest.The Final Chapter in the Egg?s History has yet to be written as thousand s of players speculate what will actually hatch from the it and if it will be worth the e xtraordinary price tag.

Hope this whole joke will not turn the game again in ridiculous universe toward the mmo community.

Goteborg, Sweden - February 5, 2010 - First Planet Company, developer and publisher of the largest real money Massively Multiplayer Online Game, announced today the sale of a legendary Virtual Egg for a stunning $69,696.00 USD. This comes on the heels of the Crystal Palace Station’s recent sale for a record-breaking $330,000.00 USD.

Jon "NEVERDIE" Jacobs held a public auction Sunday on Planet Calypso, and sold the Virtual Egg to David Storey aka Deathifier. Deathifier owns "Treasure Island" in the game, a tax generating Virtual World Destination. NEVERDIE purchased the Virtual Egg for $10,000 USD in 2006 from a gamer who completed a unique quest. The Final Chapter in the Egg’s History has yet to be written as thousands of players speculate what will actually hatch from the it and if it will be worth the extraordinary price tag.

Deathifier purchased "Treasure Island" with hunting and mineral Rights in 2004 for $27,500 USD and reportedly earned his investment back within the year. NEVERDIE mortgaged his home in Miami in 2005 to purchase an Asteroid for $100,000 USD. NEVERDIE turned the Asteroid into a NightClub dubbed Club NEVERDIE, which is now valued at over $1 million USD. NEVERDIE and Deathifier have both been featured in the Guinness Book of World Records for their astounding Virtual Transactions.

"The sale of the Atrox Queen Egg is another example of the incredibly unique world and economy we offer in our game. While you don’t need thousands of dollars, or even tens of dollars to play on Planet Calypso, it’s sales like these that truly separate our virtual world from any other on the planet" said Marco Behrmann, CEO of First Planet Company. "We are introducing a new quest system soon and the epic price tag of this Egg, which was a quest treasure itself, will energize a new generation of virtual pioneers looking to make their mark."

First Planet Company is the developer and publisher of Planet Calypso, the largest real economy Massively Multiplayer Online Game in the world. Players have the ability to participate in a unique virtual world where they only pay for the game when they play. Its innovative real money economy uses a virtual currency which has a fixed exchange rate with the US dollar. This allows players to deposit and withdraw real funds for their adventures on Calypso or in the real world. It is also the first MMORPG to use CryTek’s stunning CryENGINE 2 for amazing graphics and physics. Planet Calypso is the oldest planet in the Entropia Universe and is free to download.

Planet Calypso is a free download available at the game’s website, www.planetcalypso.com.

About First Planet Company
First Planet Company AB is a subsidiary of the MindArk Group. First Planet Company AB develops and markets Planet Calypso, a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) based on the Entropia Platform, and is part of the Entropia Universe. Set in a distant future, the planet Calypso is home to an expanding human colony struggling with the natural and economic elements involved in establishing their new civilization.

For more information on First Planet Company (FPC) and Planet Calypso please contact us at the numbers above or go to our website at http://www.planetcalypso.com

^^ Fixed spaces and a few words :drink:

Wow FPC I thought I was bad with typing my posts :silly2:

Last edited:
zzzzz ... Who gives a shit about an egg??

How about you get your effing act together and pay out withdrawals a little faster... over 30 days and still no Euros in my account...

Angel

In a Q&A chatroom session some time ago I asked a question. The question, while not word for word, went something like...Was the outcome of the egg decided by the 100K PED ND paid for it? Which was answered with some waffle which basically said yes.

Another question.

Has the fate of the unique egg once more changed direction due to the enormous sum of money recently paid for it?

I won't hold my breath for an answer this time :D

"Deathifier eats an atrox omelette with a value of 690 000 ped and is recorded it the Hall of Fame":scratch2:

or "This creature didn't carry any loot.":laugh::laugh::laugh:

Personally I hope the second scenario happens but because of the PR it will produce and because of that income... MA will probably reward this bs dick measuring contest:handjob:

I have an idea I will sell the loot from the next mob I hunt, I will start the bids at 10k USD.... by this logic if you payed 10k$ for it MA will make it worth 10k$.... :twocents:

In a Q&A chatroom session some time ago I asked a question. The question, while not word for word, went something like...Was the outcome of the egg decided by the 100K PED ND paid for it? Which was answered with some waffle which basically said yes.

Another question.

Has the fate of the unique egg once more changed direction due to the enormous sum of money recently paid for it?

I have an idea I will sell the loot from the next mob I hunt, I will start the bids at 10k USD.... by this logic if you payed 10k$ for it MA will make it worth 10k$.... :twocents:
That is indeed the logical conclusion. And I don't like it one bit. Obviously it only works for unique items... Still don't like it though.

Last edited:
May I be the first to say...

Ahhh.... The Egg.... :yay:

Wistrel

"Deathifier eats an atrox omelette with a value of 690 000 ped and is recorded it the Hall of Fame":scratch2:

or "This creature didn't carry any loot.":laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think it will be:

"Because this egg was not put in a hatching machine, the insides has rot. Please dispose of the egg in the nearest Omegaton Trashbin" :D

I want to see all your faces in the year 2017, when DF visits the rig:

atrox.jpg

equal

I guess they have to give dethifier his moneys worth now, or the whole situation will look more of a joke than it already is.

"All avatars are equal" :D

Lez. :wtg:

where is the story when akoz sold all his lands back in the day??
or isnt he on MAs list of favorite avatats... ??????

Whats with the question marks and gramatcial errors ? Whoever wrote this is pissed???

This is a clash of character encodings, EF uses standard ASCII (ANSI) and entropiagateway uses utf-8.

All characters have to be re-encoded using html entities, so you should blame bertha for all the "?"s

Assuming they do, I wonder if the same thing would be done for an unknown avatar?!?

............ :laugh: ...... :scratch2: ...........:laugh:..:laugh:..:laugh: ......;)

Yea right lol

It would more likely to be, you have hatched new mob if it was an unknown participant. Just a new mob worth 69k usd would be a slap in the face.

Last edited:
so,

ND buys the thing for a silly amount of money and MA has to make up a storyline for him.

ND gets tired of waiting, sells it to Death for a truly stupid amount of money, ND and FPC turn it into a media event, and then they have to recalculate the egg's contents.

What if I pay Death a genuinely retarded amount of money for it, what do I get? Lear Jet? Piece of the company? Screwed?

so,

ND buys the thing for a ssilly amount of money and MA has to make up a storyline for him.

ND gets tired of waiting, sells it to Death for a truly stupid amount of money, ND and FPC turn it into a media event, and then they have to recalculate the egg's contents.

What if I pay Death a genuinely retarded amount of money for it, what do I get? Lear Jet? Piece of the company?

You get a decorational egg, since you're not on the sponsored avatars list ;)

Back