FYI: Bug in quest system

Silver Viking

Stalker
Society
***TEAM NORWAY***
Eirik Silver Viking
I am currently taking the quests, but the on where you have to kill 10 mobs is bugged
have done about 40 kills now, relogged a few times, killed a few more, tried to see the "quest manager", killed a few more, but still only one kill registered.
Doesnt bother me to much other than the fact that its f**king annoying...
but a noob, trying to do this, loosing ammo and decay worth a few Ks of sweat.... I know I wouldnt be happy if it was me :rolleyes:

S V :tiphat:

loosing ammo and decay worth a few Ks of sweat.... I know I wouldnt be happy if it was me :rolleyes:

So you get no more loot anymore after you started the quest? (or else how is it you lose ammo and decay?)

I am currently taking the quests, but the on where you have to kill 10 mobs is bugged
have done about 40 kills now, relogged a few times, killed a few more, tried to see the "quest manager", killed a few more, but still only one kill registered.
Doesnt bother me to much other than the fact that its f**king annoying...
but a noob, trying to do this, loosing ammo and decay worth a few Ks of sweat.... I know I wouldnt be happy if it was me :rolleyes:

There is no message, girlfriend just returned to that booker or how its call and picked up a reward >)

I thought it say kill 10 combidos? but any mobs i have no idea. i am done with quests. wait for next quests few days.

you have to kill 10 of combibos/exa/snablesnots. Other mobs doesn't count. Read quest info!:p

tons of ppl completed quest so far, no bugs.

additionally, I had excellent loot.

might have been lag, was a few more kills regisered after one of the relogs, and yes I did kill the right mobs, anyways, I have finished it now.
About the loss of peds, my GF took the quests, she have a rather noob ava and the hunting part did kost her about 5 peds all in all, out of that dhe had the amazing return of 65 pecs..... thats why I said that it might put noobs off if they didnt even get the kill registered.

you have to kill 10 of combibos/exa/snablesnots. Other mobs doesn't count. Read quest info!:p

It's you who should read the Quest Info again.

It says kill 10 animals near Swamp Camp. There are Exas, Combibos, Snables around.

It is a bug - there are Berys and Daikibas very close to Swamp Camp, just North, and they aren't counted.

If they mean other mobs don't count, they should say so.

And of course there is a second bug - for noobs, it should say Daikibas, not Combibos.

Last edited:
use grenader doesn't count too

Yea; I killed more than 10 with the grenader didn't count either.

Then I learned pretty quickly and used Isis CB5 worked wonderful.

cheer

dandy

What Level said, there was no bug when i did it yesterday.

Cheers :beerchug:

isnt the swamp camp market blue? if so and the quest says u have to kill them near swamp camp i would try to kill them within the blue area

I had the same problem yesterday...depends where at swamp u are hunting, has to actually be near the swamp,not just in swamp area for some reason, 30 mobs later i got there...

What weapon you use? Looks like currently kills with grenadelaunchers didn't registered (at least my m8 had those problems).

Everything works save for Grenade launchers)

I Initially had the same thing.. that is until I re-read the mission log..

All it says in the mission log is that you have to kill 10 mobs anywhere near swamp camp (and they are refering to the area that is to the southwest of the Service center (along the south side of the lake)

I tried to do a test.. and in fact I was seeing people out there killing these mobs with everything from laser rifles to BLP pistols, and even TT Powerfists.. So I tried my TT Knives.. and that too worked. and the kills did count but it was in that area mentioned and not the area to the north of the lake.

Though I think that if they do work on the missions a little they could design this particular mission to read that you can kill anything around the lake.. and it would count.. Not just one particular area..

So yeah in a way I would consider this a bit of a bug.. but nothing a simple rescripting wouldn't hurt..

Ben Coyote a.k.a "The Blind Sniper"

already sick of those bugs

and the quest bug described is there ...

I lost my precious 1 hour on all this B***S*** and result is - "total dissappointment" ... actually stuck on those killing 10 mobs stuff ... so back to trading ...

I Initially had the same thing.. that is until I re-read the mission log..

All it says in the mission log is that you have to kill 10 mobs anywhere near swamp camp (and they are refering to the area that is to the southwest of the Service center (along the south side of the lake)

I tried to do a test.. and in fact I was seeing people out there killing these mobs with everything from laser rifles to BLP pistols, and even TT Powerfists.. So I tried my TT Knives.. and that too worked. and the kills did count but it was in that area mentioned and not the area to the north of the lake.

Though I think that if they do work on the missions a little they could design this particular mission to read that you can kill anything around the lake.. and it would count.. Not just one particular area..

So yeah in a way I would consider this a bit of a bug.. but nothing a simple rescripting wouldn't hurt..

Ben Coyote a.k.a "The Blind Sniper"

No you are wrong. I killed several Daikiba N of the lake which didn't register, then I killed a Combibo, which did.

It's not the location, it's mob type. Either the quest or the description is bugged.

I think whan you have to kill mobs , we should have a counter display on screen while you do the quest...
So , if after a kill the counter does not decrease you know you do something wrong ... wrong place or wrong mobs...

No problem for me, did some more kills than 10, because I liked doing it :D
Loot was fine, lost less than 1 PED on 20 PED ammo, so it is break even after markups.

During all quest I didn´t notice a single bug.

No bugs here. I completed it about 2 hours ago. I did exactly what the popup text told me to do. Finished it all in about 15 minutes.

I started killing Daikibas just E of the camp & it didn't count. It has to be Combibo, Exa or Snable though whether they have to be in the sweating area at Swamp Camp I dont know, that's where I killed them.

If you open the quest info window (right click, Avatar, Quest/Mission) it does tell you how many you have killed that count i.e. 3/10, but yeah a display on the HUD would be much better, or a chat msg.

It happened to me too. I started to kill berys and daikibas but those do not count. Guess only exas, bibos and snables are allowed on this quest.
Gl all.

Guess only exas, bibos and snables are allowed on this quest.

Well that is what the info text says :D

Maybe they should make it more clear though, since lots of people seem to have misinterpreted this :laugh:

Well that is what the info text says :D

Maybe they should make it more clear though, since lots of people seem to have misinterpreted this :laugh:

Didn't it say something like: there are lots of mobs around such as combibo, exa daikiba, kill 10. Made it sound like you could kill others if you liked.
Also I found the "this turret is so greasy, i'm surprised it hasn't jammed already" quite funny. Isn't the sole purpose of grease to make sure things dont jam?

Didn't it say something like: there are lots of mobs around such as combibo, exa daikiba, kill 10. Made it sound like you could kill others if you liked.

Henche the need to clarify :)

Finally updated my Stamina too :) Had no problems mentioned above. But text was a little misleading.

Can't wait for new quests with added difficulty and more deeper related to EU stroy line :)

I thought quest was interesting but boring :D

As for the bug script was a little misleading however on reading it the second time was clear.

With mobs I quickly tp out blasted 10 daks quickly with high dps weapon
"No kills registered on return :scratch2:"

re-read instructions 'something like 'combs, snables on path from pa etc?"

ah ha :laugh: raced short distance towards pa path demolished 10 combs and maybe a snable. All cool then :yay:

There is often a variation of meanings when one language is converted to another as has been seen many times in posts from ma etc.

Looking forward to the next and hopefully some higher end quests as well as a continuation of ongoing quests for the newer players

Jung

As others have stated it's not a bug but it is unclear that only certain mobs count and the instructions should be improved.

I think the kill count in the log is fine, there's no need to have it in the HUD or any kind of floating window. Something like that sounds good when you only have to kill 10 mobs but for a quest where it's 5000 mobs that might take a few weeks to do and which you might not want to work on all of the time, it'd be annoying. In my view the whole point of the quest log is to keep stats like that.

I tried to kill combibos with my rocket launcher and they did not count.
When i killed them with the TT knife they got counted.

I think there should be a check box in the quest log to enable a always visible counter

If kills done with rocketlauncher didn´t count is definately a bug!

Like so many people have said, its about killing the specific mobs in the quest description.

- Hello? *knock knock*

But anyway, I finished this fast by killing 10 snable males. Cheap way to finish the quest :D

Isn't the sole purpose of grease to make sure things dont jam?

I reacted to this too. That was just weird...

MA need to read through their texts more thoroughly. It's the same with faulty item descriptions sometimes.

Back