Help: can't see or operate...

sndlwood

Old Alpha
Society
Drop Zone
Si'Thaiphooh sndlwood McQueen
Anyone else have this problem?

can't see or operate...

Teleporters, any terminals, BLP ammo, mining claim rods?

Support case submitted

can u post screenshot to show proof of error or something??

Have you checked your installation is valid ?

Hey, I am sitting in Fort Zeus and can't see or operate the TP although I see the blue dot on the radar...

bugs, they give me the creeps

Similar problem here.
I can still operate with terminals, mining claims and teleporters but i see them without any textures - they appear in shining white color. Played with the graphic options a bit - no change at all. Socmates didn't have such problem so i guess i lost somewhere the textures during patching :scratch2:

Same issue, I can see TPs, SC terminals, mining rods but they are without textures and super bright. Running ATI 4850.

Do I need to to re-install latest update or maybe clear some (texture) cache?

How does one find and run the validation tool ? Thx

??
Really should be the first thing checked especially after a recent update.

Any inelegant problem solving starts with shortlisting the possible causes.

my game is not working "statement"

really could be anything, computers are really dynamic "big problem"

shortlist of possible causes "step towards a solution"

any method of eliminating a possible cause with limited user input is worth it.

we are all 2 clicks away from removing the instillation from our shortlist.

but that's just my opinion I could be wrong.

How does one find and run the validation tool ? Thx

in the client loader or whatever its called now click on FILE in the top left hand corner.

Any inelegant problem solving starts with shortlisting the possible causes.

my game is not working "statement"

really could be anything, computers are really dynamic "big problem"

shortlist of possible causes "step towards a solution"

any method of eliminating a possible cause with limited user input is worth it.

we are all 2 clicks away from removing the instillation from our shortlist.

but that's just my opinion I could be wrong.

Efficient problem solving involves testing the most likely and running any quick tests first. Also drawing on learned experiences to narrow the problem set. Modern binary computers at their heart are simple, all zeros and ones....

Removing the installation is just a brute force method, so that seems to be the inelegant answer to me.

Perhaps if you want to enlighten us to a better path, of elegant problem solving show us some examples of that and how it would have been better in this case?

Efficient problem solving involves testing the most likely and running any quick tests first. Also drawing on learned experiences to narrow the problem set. Modern binary computers at their heart are simple, all zeros and ones....

Removing the installation is just a brute force method, so that seems to be the inelegant answer to me.

Perhaps if you want to enlighten us to a better path, of elegant problem solving show us some examples of that and how it would have been better in this case?

Though I can't control how I'm trolled or by who, I can control my reply's. Unfortunately in this case I am less then interested in your question.

Though I can't control how I'm trolled or by who, I can control my reply's. Unfortunately in this case I am less then interested in your question.

Your orginal post was a troll then, and this is your way of saying you have no elegant solutions to answer. So of course you have no interest in a question you can not answer. I really was hoping you had some better solutions we could learn.

The fact is, not everyone who owns a computer really knows much more than how to turn it on and possibly off. We expect that clicking on an icon will make a program work and that every patch will be installed and also work well. So when shit like this happens the easiest solution is to beg for advise from the pros.

Unfortunately I could think of little to do than follow the advice that seemed easiest for me at the time. Reinstalling though timely should normally be easy. However, I am now dealing with decompression issues, which then lead to more corrupt or missing files.

What ever happened to>download file>install program> play game without errors?

Dig this...

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Maybe MA did you a favour - no acces to tt terminal = no ammo/bombs = no loss ;) Sometimes I really wish I had such bug... ;)

Always look at the bright side of life... ;)

Back