Akoz

Rogue Banker
Society
Shaolin
Akoz
Hi guys

I'm looking for some betatesters for Entropia Screen Grabber 2.0

The main features are:

• Manual and automatic screenshots (win7 and vista also supported!)
  • Upload of screenshots to EF
  • Damage tracking
  • Loot tracking (team required)
  • Ingame overlay
Screenshot of ingame overlay:

Download available at http://entropiauniverse.info/tracker/client/setup.exe

I'm in particular interested in hearing about:

• Weird colors or other problems with screenshots
  • Problems with the ingame overlay
  • Incorrect loot calculations
  • Crashes or other problems
  • Suggestions to what can be changed
Any and all feedback is of course welcome.

Tracker stats available at;
http://entropiauniverse.info/tracker/get_tracker_main.php
http://entropiauniverse.info/tracker/playersearch.php

Last edited:
Been looking for a new ss program, I'll give this a go when I get home.

I would really like to try this .. but XP not supported?

Bones

I would really like to try this .. but XP not supported?

Bones

All Entropia-capable OSes including win xp and 2k are supposed to be supported. Let me know if anything fails.

how does the loot calculator figures out the TT value of non-stackable items in loot?

how does the loot calculator figures out the TT value of non-stackable items in loot?

Unfortunately it can't, since the value isn't in the log.

Non-stackable items are added to a list that you can browse after your hunt.

Unfortunately it can't, since the value isn't in the log.

Non-stackable items are added to a list that you can browse after your hunt.

yeap, i guessed so... that's a shame that this value is not shown in team chat as it used to in the past :(

and, just for my own curiosity, with stackables, does the client has a built-in DB of TT values of all stackables in-game, or does it make the calcs server-side, or how? :D

btw, the app looks really neat :) i'll give it a try for sure once i'm back home later next week.

Oh Akoz.........where is your mohawk?? :(
I don't like your new hair :*(

sorry for the off topic....

yeap, i guessed so... that's a shame that this value is not shown in team chat as it used to in the past :(

and, just for my own curiosity, with stackables, does the client has a built-in DB of TT values of all stackables in-game, or does it make the calcs server-side, or how? :D.

It has the most common stuff stored locally. The rest it looks up at entropedia first time looted.

Oh Akoz.........where is your mohawk?? :(
I don't like your new hair :*(

sorry for the off topic....

Gone in some VU :(
Might return one day.. who knows ^^

Entered my avatar name and it said it cant find the chat log not sure what to do about that?

I'm looking for some betatesters for Entropia Screen Grabber 2.0

Signing up for the task! the screengrabbing functionality of entropia tracker is just not good enough (printscreen button is disabled every time it is started, timestamp format is not very convenient to say the least), i hope you did better ;)

- i see a trial license is available for the time being. What are the plans on this? (will there be free version in the future? will there be paid options (which?))
- On initial start (entropia not running) and starting the trial license, i receive the message "Unable to find the logfile in {0}", only to find out after checking my log location that my normal chat.log has disappeared and only the private_chat.log remain. I am not certain that ESG removed the chat log, but it does look that way. Any other similar reports? I did not have this issue later on. It may have been something on my end?!
- manual screenshot folder name (create subdir option enabled) is 2010-2-23. I would prefer double digit positions for month and date.
- image browser doesnt work when the create subdir option is checked

- i like the image upload option and the smudge tool!

Looking forward to see where you are heading! Good luck.

Entered my avatar name and it said it cant find the chat log not sure what to do about that?

Check to see if your chat log is still there, if not:
- stop ESG
- enable chat logging in EU (possibly restart EU)
- start ESG

should be fine now.

Are you sure you have "main chat logging" enabled?

Check to see if your chat log is still there, if not:
- stop ESG
- enable chat logging in EU (possibly restart EU)
- start ESG

should be fine now.

What he said. Check to make sure it's there, and if not find out why :)

Signing up for the task! the screengrabbing functionality of entropia tracker is just not good enough (printscreen button is disabled every time it is started, timestamp format is not very convenient to say the least), i hope you did better ;)

- i see a trial license is available for the time being. What are the plans on this? (will there be free version in the future? will there be paid options (which?))
- On initial start (entropia not running) and starting the trial license, i receive the message "Unable to find the logfile in {0}", only to find out after checking my log location that my normal chat.log has disappeared and only the private_chat.log remain. I am not certain that ESG removed the chat log, but it does look that way. Any other similar reports? I did not have this issue later on. It may have been something on my end?!
- manual screenshot folder name (create subdir option enabled) is 2010-2-23. I would prefer double digit positions for month and date.
- image browser doesnt work when the create subdir option is checked

- i like the image upload option and the smudge tool!

Looking forward to see where you are heading! Good luck.

Just the kind of guy I'm looking for :)

Trial version: Currently almost the same as full. I will have to see what it becomes before I decide whether or not to charge. I can give you a key to play with if you PM me.

Missing logfile: Is it possible you were running EntropiaTracker first? I believe that one still keeps deleting the logfile when it runs. My system should never do anything but read from it.

Leading zero on folder name: Great suggestion. Consider it done.

Image browsing: I'll have to look into this. At first glance it does seem to work for me.

Thank you for the feedback so far :)

Missing logfile: Is it possible you were running EntropiaTracker first? I believe that one still keeps deleting the logfile when it runs. My system should never do anything but read from it.

Just saw your program - looks very nice I must say.
Hence, I just reprogrammed the tracker client NOT to delete the chat.log file anymore so people can run both ESG and Entropia Tracker at the same time.

(finished the update 5 min ago - restarting entropia tracker client will auto download the new update)

:)

*wonders how you take screenshots with aero theme without reading the graphics card RAM .... * :)

ooo DPS monitor ans stuff ill have to try this out :D

I just reprogrammed the tracker client NOT to delete the chat.log file anymore so people can run both ESG and Entropia Tracker at the same time.

(finished the update 5 min ago - restarting entropia tracker client will auto download the new update)

Excellent :)

First thought.

Running EU then alt tabbing to start the program and tabbing back in went ok but If i tried to alt-tab out again EU would remain on my screen as an artifact with active windows on my desktop flickering.

Starting the program then EU did not cause a problem.

I went for a 200 ped hunt on CP with it running and all went fine to start until while tanking 2 soldiers ( yea im a noob :laugh: ) EU would minimize to the following error:

2/23/2010 5:36:31 PM Logparser: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Micro1394\Documents\Entropia Universe\chat.log' because it is being used by another process.
2/23/2010 5:49:37 PM Logparser: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Micro1394\Documents\Entropia Universe\chat.log' because it is being used by another process.
2/23/2010 5:50:39 PM Logparser: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Micro1394\Documents\Entropia Universe\chat.log' because it is being used by another process.
2/23/2010 5:51:06 PM Logparser: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Micro1394\Documents\Entropia Universe\chat.log' because it is being used by another process.
2/23/2010 5:51:07 PM Program exited

If you click ok to clear the error and go back in it would log for a min then minimize EU again to the same error as you can see above.

I run EU fullscreen
Windows 7 Pro
Phoenom x4 Black 955 3.2ghz quad CPU
4gb RAM
nVidia GTX260 GPU

Overlay looks good, DPS meter is sweet, but I was unable to test Global screen capture as I had no globals before the errors.

Hope this helps a little.

First thought.

Running EU then alt tabbing to start the program and tabbing back in went ok but If i tried to alt-tab out again EU would remain on my screen as an artifact with active windows on my desktop flickering.

Starting the program then EU did not cause a problem.

I went for a 200 ped hunt on CP with it running and all went fine to start until while tanking 2 soldiers ( yea im a noob :laugh: ) EU would minimize to the following error:

2/23/2010 5:36:31 PM Logparser: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Micro1394\Documents\Entropia Universe\chat.log' because it is being used by another process.
2/23/2010 5:49:37 PM Logparser: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Micro1394\Documents\Entropia Universe\chat.log' because it is being used by another process.
2/23/2010 5:50:39 PM Logparser: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Micro1394\Documents\Entropia Universe\chat.log' because it is being used by another process.
2/23/2010 5:51:06 PM Logparser: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Micro1394\Documents\Entropia Universe\chat.log' because it is being used by another process.
2/23/2010 5:51:07 PM Program exited

If you click ok to clear the error and go back in it would log for a min then minimize EU again to the same error as you can see above.

I run EU fullscreen
Windows 7 Pro
Phoenom x4 Black 955 3.2ghz quad CPU
4gb RAM
nVidia GTX260 GPU

Overlay looks good, DPS meter is sweet, but I was unable to test Global screen capture as I had no globals before the errors.

Hope this helps a little.

Thank you. Yes I know what it's about. It's already fixed :)
I'll try see if I cant steal a trick or two from starfinder and get autoupdate running.. then I'll release a new version.

works dandy for me, window mode on win 7 64bit

Seems to work fine on XP64 system with ATI graphics.

Not a problem Akoz, i'm using your non-beta version at the moment, i'll test it when I get back from work :)

New setup file released.
No big changes except those mentioned in this thread (some file access error and leading zero on filenames).
This one should support automatic updates, but I already heard there are some errors during its installation. Working on finding out what that is.
Download link in first post.

Uhm, I'm not a Windows fan, maybe I'm doing something stupid.

I've installed your program (on Win7 home), but the setup destination is not the canonical "c:\program files\..." but a "c:\users\[user]\appdata\local\apps\2.0\....."

Don't know if it is a setup "problem" or a Win7 platform one; fact is that ESG needs to be run as Administrator, and finding the executable to manually create a link on the desktop an is a pain.

The link to the application created in the menu is just an application reference, and cannot be set to run as admin.

Am I missing something?

I've installed your program (on Win7 home), but the setup destination is not the canonical "c:\program files\..." but a "c:\users\[user]\appdata\local\apps\2.0\....."

Don't know if it is a setup "problem" or a Win7 platform one; fact is that ESG needs to be run as Administrator, and finding the executable to manually create a link on the desktop an is a pain.

The link to the application created in the menu is just an application reference, and cannot be set to run as admin.

Am I missing something?

it does not need to be run as admin, and it's neither a win 7 problem or setup problem. it's just where this type of programs end up by default.

Am I missing something?

It's definitely a setup issue. I'm testing out the ClickOnce deployment system. The default installation path for this is the path you mentioned, and the application reference instead of the normal link is part of the system. I'll see if this is something customizable somewhere.. If not I could always find a workaround.

it does not need to be run as admin, and it's neither a win 7 problem or setup problem. it's just where this type of programs end up by default.

It doesn't? o_O
The earliest versions had to run as admin to get good screenshots, but tbh Im not sure what this latest technology requires on vista/win 7. I still have yet to get my hands on a windows 7 system to test with, which is why I really appreciate feedback from you guys :)

Last edited:
I'll give this a try tonight and let you know how it goes. System is Win7 64bit.

btw, in the "ingame stats" tab track and show hit rate & Track shots via OCR are greyed out. Is that normal?

I'll give this a try tonight and let you know how it goes. System is Win7 64bit.

btw, in the "ingame stats" tab track and show hit rate & Track shots via OCR are greyed out. Is that normal?

Cool. let me know how it goes.

The OCR thing isn't functioning properly yet, so I just grayed it out.

It's definitely a setup issue. I'm testing out the ClickOnce deployment system. The default installation path for this is the path you mentioned, and the application reference instead of the normal link is part of the system. I'll see if this is something customizable somewhere.. If not I could always find a workaround.

It doesn't? o_O
The earliest versions had to run as admin to get good screenshots, but tbh Im not sure what this latest technology requires on vista/win 7. I still have yet to get my hands on a windows 7 system to test with, which is why I really appreciate feedback from you guys :)

pm sent, it works both window and fullscreen.

Back