Info: Texturizing and Coloring Guide

Yes, I'm sure about that one. I recently maxxed it :)
If you'd like I can post the exact max levels for the lower textures as I reach them.

Ya for sure :) Will update once we have all the exact numbers :)

Updated first post with Customizing Vehicles (L items).

texturing max levels

Hey, small update: Trutun takes lvl 8 to max.

Based on the max levels for colors, for the lower level textures the formula seems to be max lvl = 1,1*rec. lvl +2.5
It works fine up to green (lvl 8 rec), the rest of the coloring levels I cannot personally confirm yet. But brown has been confirmed to max at lvl 19 before… in which case up to lvl 15 rec. could be predicted.
(It does not hold up with the max levels listed atm for purple & dark steel blue, but they seem like estimates)

I wish there was more reliable/accurate info out there on when items are maxxed out. Would make it a lot easier to determine the exact formula’s. But for low lvl textures the following should be accurate (or at least a lot closer to the actual max levels):
Brukite: 2.5
Large Striped Cotton: 2.5
Nissit: 3.6
Denim: 3.8
Kaldon: 4.7
Midastree: 4.7
Flannel: 5.0
Rutol: 5.8
Fine Hessian: 6.4
Sopur: 6.9
Hessian: 7.6*
Trutun: 8.0*
Tight Knitted Wool: 8.9* >> 8.87 to be exact
Ribbed Velvet: 10.1* >> 10.112 to be exact
Stinktree: 11.3*

(the numbers below could be off a bit due to insufficient/incorrect data in the level range):
Large Ribbed Wool: 11.4* >> 11.39 to be exact
Large Woven Cotton: 12.7* >> 12.65 to be exact (I predicted 12.6, but MA rounds down and it didn't unlock untill lvl 9.23, so the formula did work)
Generic Leather: 13.5
Evenweave Cotton: 13.9
Velvet: 15.2
Turp: 15.3
Firn: 17.9
Cbase Plastic: 19.0
Coarse Frieze: 19.0
Soft Leather: 19.0

I’ll just update this post with * behind the textures when I’ve really confirmed them. I’m skilling up slowly but steadily =)

Last edited:
Hey, small update: Trutun takes lvl 8 to max.

Based on the max levels for colors, for the lower level textures the formula seems to be max lvl = 1,1*rec. lvl +2.5
It works fine up to green (lvl 8 rec), the rest of the coloring levels I cannot personally confirm yet. But brown has been confirmed to max at lvl 19 before… in which case up to lvl 15 rec. could be predicted.
(It does not hold up with the max levels listed atm for purple & dark steel blue, but they seem like estimates)

I wish there was more reliable/accurate info out there on when items are maxxed out. Would make it a lot easier to determine the exact formula’s. But for low lvl textures the following should be accurate (or at least a lot closer to the actual max levels):
Brukite: 2.5
Large Striped Cotton: 2.5
Nissit: 3.6
Denim: 3.8
Kaldon: 4.7
Midastree: 4.7
Flannel: 5.0
Rutol: 5.8
Fine Hessian: 6.4
Sopur: 6.9
Hessian: 7.6*
Trutun: 8.0*
Tight Knitted Wool: 8.9
Ribbed Velvet: 10.1
Stinktree: 11.3

(the numbers below could be off a bit due to insufficient/incorrect data in the level range):
Large Ribbed Wool: 11.4
Large Woven Cotton: 12.6
Generic Leather: 13.5
Evenweave Cotton: 13.9
Velvet: 15.2
Turp: 15.3
Firn: 17.9
Cbase Plastic: 19.0
Coarse Frieze: 19.0
Soft Leather: 19.0

I’ll just update this post with * behind the textures when I’ve really confirmed them. I’m skilling up slowly but steadily =)

Tnx for the info :) Will update the table over the weekend.

Updated guide and updated maxed levels for textures.

Thanks

Thanks, it help me a lot with starting my business.
Regards,
Ry

Very helpful guide! + rep

Texturing & Coloring Vehicles (L items)

...snipped...

** Texture/Color look does not deteriorate with item tt anymore.
Does that last note just mean vehicles or all customizable stuff?

Hello Summer,
I just realized with the naglfar main turret that there seem to be items ingame where the 3 fields are not in different locations on the item but put one over the other it seems.
Do you know of other items like that and have you done tests if this allows for combining different textures for completly new looks ?
The downside of this field stacking seems to be that you need all 3 fields applied to have a 100% saturation effect. At least thats how it looks in the preview.

Hello Summer,
I just realized with the naglfar main turret that there seem to be items ingame where the 3 fields are not in different locations on the item but put one over the other it seems.
Do you know of other items like that and have you done tests if this allows for combining different textures for completly new looks ?
The downside of this field stacking seems to be that you need all 3 fields applied to have a 100% saturation effect. At least thats how it looks in the preview.

I don't know what you mean :scratch2: Can you post a screen shot?

Bumps :bump:

Last edited:
how costly leveling is? for example, how much you'd spend before reaching lvl 5? any approximation is appreciated:)

how costly leveling is? for example, how much you'd spend before reaching lvl 5? any approximation is appreciated:)

When your levels are low, skilling is not that expensive and levels go up fast. But the higher your levels are the more expensive and slower it gets.
For example it would cost around 800 peds worth of skills to go from lv 1 to 5, but it would cost around 40k peds in skills to go from level 46 to 51.

So the lower your level is the cheaper it is to skill.

Hope that helps,
Summer

A few updates from me again :)
I gained a few more levels so I've confirmed a few more maxxed levels. They're very close to what I calculated before.

Tight Knitted Wool is maxxed at lvl 8.87 (I estimated 8.9)
Ribbed Velvet at lvl 10.112 (I estimated 10.1)

One other thing:
An approximate outcome using different amounts of textures/cans:
323 textures/cans ~ 100%
300 textures/cans ~ 98%
250 textures/cans ~ 90%
200 textures/cans ~ 75%
*note is just a guideline, sometimes the % outcomes could be much better or worse using these amounts.

Average saturation % with those amounts is actually:
300 textures/cans ~ 99%
250 textures/cans ~ 98%
200 textures/cans ~ 96%

For lower amounts:
150 textures/cans ~ 90%
100 textures/cans ~ 76%
50 textures/cans ~ 46%
20 textures/cans ~ 19%

Average saturation % with those amounts is actually:
300 textures/cans ~ 99%
250 textures/cans ~ 98%
200 textures/cans ~ 96%

For lower amounts:
150 textures/cans ~ 90%
100 textures/cans ~ 76%
50 textures/cans ~ 46%
20 textures/cans ~ 19%

The values of success are approximate values since every click produces different success (except the 323 cans/textures per click - that is always 100%).

For example: With 100 cans/textures per click you can end up with 10%, 20%. 35.9%,90%.... its all over the map. It will never be near your average of 76%.

I've had clicks with 300 cans that failed to 30% saturation and clicks with 150 cans that were 100%. It's random.

How many clicks have you done for every amount of cans/textures to be so certain of your numbers?

Look, I'm sorry but a lot of your info is just wrong.
As this is a guide for coloring & texturing it would be nice if the information was more accurate for players, and I'm just trying to help you out here by providing the correct numbers for levels, etc. as soon as I have confirmed them.

The values of success are approximate values since every click produces different success (except the 323 cans/textures per click - that is always 100%).

While 323 will usually come out as 100%, there is a small risk of failure with that amount. You have even confirmed that youself before:
....Since I was using 323 textures per field and that is supposed to guarantee 100% I was quite surprised to get a result of 100% and 99.8%.

My numbers of average saturation % come directly from MA, you can simply check these in game yourself. The percentages are shown if you hover just below the "succes rate" bar:
200canssuccesrate.jpg

As you'll notice when you check it in game, with 323 cans it will show 99%, this is because the game rounds down. It's actually 99.xxx%. That is why on occasion it can still fail eventhough it usually gives 100% results.

For example: With 100 cans/textures per click you can end up with 10%, 20%. 35.9%,90%.... its all over the map. It will never be near your average of 76%.

I've had clicks with 300 cans that failed to 30% saturation and clicks with 150 cans that were 100%. It's random.

How many clicks have you done for every amount of cans/textures to be so certain of your numbers?

I'm not the first person to test the amounts, Sarah did research on this before too:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?96981-Actual-CoS-in-Coloring-amp-Texturizing
Sarah's findings are similar to mine and the succes rate shown in game.

I've started keeping track a few weeks ago, to be able to provide players with even more insight in how the amount of paint cans / textures used will affect the outcome. (Because I always leave the final decision of what amount to use in the hands of my costumers). My experiment will continue for several more months to get even more accurate results.

My data so far is based on 200.000+ textures used, with 1300+ clicks:
succesratescatterplot%207-2011.jpg

As you can see, there are clear patterns emerging with different amounts. it's not all over the map:
(ignore the 150 and 250 data lines as I haven't finished them yet.. smaller amount tested)
experiment%20results%207-2011.jpg

I'll take 200 cans as an example here:
succesratescatterplot200%207-2011.jpg

As you can see, most of the results are well over 90%, with only a few percent of the results ending up below 75%.

To show it in a nice graph to make it more clear:
experiment%20results%20compared%207-2011.jpg

There is just no way you could have tested this and come out with an average that low........

As for:

100can%20results%207-2011.jpg

I really have no clue where you are getting your numbers from.. 200+ attempts so far and my lowest result was 39.3%.
That is just an extreme outlier, which hardly has any effect on the average.

To compare the average results found :
succesratesallcompared200%207-2011.jpg

As you can see, the averages from my data are within 1% of MA's given numbers. Sarah's are all within 4% so I'm guessing her sample was a bit smaller then mine.
Yours however are up to 21% lower, that's statistically impossible.

My own amounts experiment is still ongoing. It will probably take me a few more months to finish it, with even larger samples of different amounts. All data gathered so far can be found on my website: http://valnor.webs.com/amountssuccesrateinfo.htm

Last edited:
The guide is meant to be simple and to give people an outline, not to have data that would be too complicated for a person reading about coloring/texturing for the first time.

For the same reason - to be a simple guide- the maxed levels are rounded up to one decimal, rather than three.

I appreciate your info and I will update the estimations, but if you wanna go to such detail, then I suggest you to make your own, maybe more advanced guide then.

Maybe it would be worthwhile to include about paint cans / textures having a success bar and getting a percentage if you mouseover it in the guide proper?

Maybe it would be worthwhile to include about paint cans / textures having a success bar and getting a percentage if you mouseover it in the guide proper?

Good idea, will put that in :)

tutorial is great but i don't find anythink about bleaching out color from colored clothes can you give some numbers about what part of paint cans can be get when the color or texture removed ?

tutorial is great but i don't find anythink about bleaching out color from colored clothes can you give some numbers about what part of paint cans can be get when the color or texture removed ?

You don't get back textures or colors when bleaching. The only time you get stuff back is when applying (90%tt values of the material).
When you bleach an item the colors/textures are lost.

Edit: Added that in the guide as well:)

So been doing some research and found out you can use the Limited book from technition to practice skills.

what no one seems to know is..how many cans or texture i can minimum use to get skill points..

This is only for the sake of gaining skill points..so end result dont matter..

Thanks in advance ;)

I usually use 10tt materials per click. Try out different amounts and you'll see what works for you.

So been doing some research and found out you can use the Limited book from technition to practice skills.

what no one seems to know is..how many cans or texture i can minimum use to get skill points..

This is only for the sake of gaining skill points..so end result dont matter..

Thanks in advance ;)

Back