Question: Enhancers atached to weapons on auction?!?

Should it be allowed to sell enhancers attached to items on auction?

• Yes, enhancers attached to items on auction is OK.

Votes: 75 55.6%
  • No, enhancers should not be attached to items on auction.

Votes: 60 44.4%

• Total voters

Chrome

Elite
Society
Kaos
Mono Chrome Monochrome
On auction today, I noticed a tiered weapon, so I click to check it out. To my surprise, the tiered weapon has altered stats, because it still has enhancers attached to the open tier slots.

Now, aren't enhancers technically attachments? :scratch2:

If I attempt to sell a weapon on auction that has an attachment on it, such as an amp, a laser sight, or a scope, it says "Items with attachments may not be sold in the auction".

I mean, that seems pretty straightforward, one item per auction, no way the owner of the item could accidentally place an item on auction with valuable attachments, such as a Dante amp, Jzar scope, or Hunnir laser sight. I believe the same goes for mining equipment with amps, and armor with plates too.

So, why is it that MA is allowing this?
Should a support case be filed?
Should it be fixed?

Please answer the above poll, if poll results show this to be an error in the eyes of the Entropia Community, I can use it to support any case I file with MA.

Mmmmmm good question... But I think it was planned this way. That way you could sell the item with a bigger MU!!;)

Mmmmmm good question... But I think it was planned this way. That way you could sell the item with a bigger MU!!;)

You should be able to sell a tiered item with a larger MU anyways, simply because the tier slots are already open for use...

Selling an item with enhancers is selling something WITH attachments...
More than one item in one auction, for one auction fee! :eek:

You should be able to sell a tiered item with a larger MU anyways, simply because the tier slots are already open for use...

Ah when you put it that way it does seem abit strange... I guess time will tell if this was planned or a bug. :ahh:

Attachments != Enhancers.

A Tier 10 Opalo with 10x Damage Enhancers is quite the sight. Or the Tier 10 Imp. Mk 2. Or the Tier 10 Mod Fap with 10x Heal Enhancers or...

Yeah, I think it will be quite cool. Especially that each and every player gets to customize their favorite items with the set of enhancers they like "right now".
So, IMHO it was clear from that post, what Tiered Item with some set of Enhancers = "customized item" for MA/FPC and it could be sold from auction in that way.

P.S. Voted "yes", but i don't care about tiering at all now :)

tiering is messy

If I attempt to sell a weapon on auction that has an attachment on it, such as an amp, a laser sight, or a scope, it says "Items with attachments may not be sold in the auction".

Also if that weapon that has enhancers on it breaks and you throw it into the TT, it will not notify you that you have enhancers attached. It also does not show up on the confirmation list when you click the green check to sell it. So personally I think it is a bug.

I already sent in a support case about TTing things with enhancers on it.

Edit: I think they are meant to be sold in the auction with enhancers because there is a special icon(lightning bolt) that appears if they have enhancers attached. If I remember that correctly.

Last edited:
hmm haven't used the enchants yet! do they have unlimited uses when they first are in a item or do they decay and don't work after a number of uses? if it's like that then i think it's a baad idea, cause if you know they have 100 uses in the enchant and you sell it after 99 uses then there are only one left in it and the seller will get alot more for the item than if it wasen't enchanted!

I think items should have to be sold "clean" and naked at Auction. PvP trade with attachments/enhancements is fine, I guess. Tiering: messy

Well, incase you didn`t notice there is this green thingie right next to the item which means that there is somekind of enhancer on it. So they want it to be like this, that you can sell guns/armor/etc with enhancers.

i think it should stay .

sure

I think sure, but seems stupid or pointless to me. As long as it's tiered up that's all that matters, either the enh is a bonus or just something raise the MU.

Or what about this I just saw a P5a(L) with 5 or 7slots opened no enhancer in it tho, but got listed at 190ish% sb and over 200% bo
think tt of the gun was about 50% or less, why would anyone buy it at that mu? (or anyone trying to sell) can you please explain that to me?

on topic, I wish they had to be removed prior to listing as with everything else.

Selling items with enhancers is a feature, not a bug, however I sincerely hope that being able to TT an item with enhancers attached is a bug.

hmm haven't used the enchants yet! do they have unlimited uses when they first are in a item or do they decay and don't work after a number of uses? if it's like that then i think it's a baad idea, cause if you know they have 100 uses in the enchant and you sell it after 99 uses then there are only one left in it and the seller will get alot more for the item than if it wasen't enchanted!

Enhancers don't work like that. They are not items with set decay. They are stackables which have a set chance to 'decay' (be consumed) on each use. The odds of that happening are the same with each use. They have no memory, no history.

No, I can't prove this, but it is the only logical explanation that fits with what MA/FPC has told us, what has been observed, and Occam's razor.

Because they are stackable at all times, they must be identical at all time.

:beerchug:

Miles

Forgive me if this was mentioned before but... wouldn't this have a bad impact on the market value display of the item? A p5a with 10 enhancers on it will sell for a higher % than a naked p5a for sure... thus skewing the market value :confused:

OOOO horible!!! Hurry MA, give us double fees pls

Haha no I have no idea about this, this all so confusing. I guess Id better wait 1year before this settles up.

Personally, I would detach any enhancers before auctioning any items, but that's just me.

What is MUCH MUCH more annoying is you can TT an item with enhancers attached -- there is NO WARNING given at all!

BTW, anyone know why I always type enchancers instead of enhancers?

Personally, I would detach any enhancers before auctioning any items, but that's just me.

What is MUCH MUCH more annoying is you can TT an item with enhancers attached -- there is NO WARNING given at all!

BTW, anyone know why I always type enchancers instead of enhancers?

Probably because you played a game with enchanters in it.

On topic I think they need to make this go away..at some point someone will try to sell un tiered un enhanced items for the enhanced MU and really start to screw up the markets on many items.

To easy for resellers and scammers to play around with pricing IMO.
1 item one auction.

I get a warning when ever I try to tt a gun with open tiers on it, a warning box say "this weapon is tier 2.2 are you sure you want to proceed" or something like that.

That has saved me from tting enhancers 2 or 3 times now.

It is pretty obvious which items have enhancers on them (the green lightning bolt).

I think it is a good way for people to demonstrate to potential buyers what is possible with the enhancers without having to work out / look up what the results will be.

I have absolutely no problem with it :)

That being said I still am not going to use enhancers anyway :D

I get a warning when ever I try to tt a gun with open tiers on it, a warning box say "this weapon is tier 2.2 are you sure you want to proceed" or something like that.

That has saved me from tting enhancers 2 or 3 times now.

That warning comes regardless of whether there are enhancers attached or not.
IMHO, you should not be able to TT an item with *anything* attached to it.

Back