New Global/Print Screen Capture-Free From

dandy

Old Alpha
Society
Supremacy Reign
Lucifer dandy Leon
Global/Print Screen Capture-Free From

XandraX Global Screen Capture for Entropia/Print Screen Helper and Programs Launcher

You agree to this Terms of use by download files below: licence.txt

full version 0.0.4.2: (16-Aug-2013)
globalx32.zip ............ md5: 7ccc7ae6912f26cee71d03101cf4baa8
globalx64.zip ............ md5: 70b6153d94f0b423fb0196e1b1c57cf1

Below for upgrades from version 0.0.0.4 or higher only:
globalx32_v0042_up.zip ...... md5: 42c7ed185645b79713d30047f725e8cc
globalx64_v0042_up.zip ...... md5: b52e06c3a612dc7cea4ca1aa097a3912

XandraX limitation/issues/bugs:
1: Unknown Publisher popup displays for Windows Vista/7 when run.
: This can be fixed only if I pay $$$ for a certificate

2: Limitation: some times the screen shot does not capture the global chat text or some parts of the picture.
: this limitation is only for directx games/programs.
: this happens often if you see lags or slowness while playing.

XandraX finds me errors tool version 4.2: (30-Aug-2013):
This tool will give you an error report that may cause XandraX from operating normally. You can use it any time to find problems.
To run: extract the zip file and put the file in the same folder as the globalx folder then run then open error_report.txt after a few seconds.
XandraX_finds_errors.zip ...... md5: ed89fad36f67db09574cf3c83e4433ce

MD5 Checksum Integrity Verifier programs:
Microsoft Checksum:(command line)fciv.exe -add globalx32.zip > md5_globalx32.txt
nero MD5-Checksum:(graphical user interface easy to use)

To upgrade XandraX:

1. Download an upgrade zip file and Unzip it.
2. Replace the existing full version files by copy the upgrade files to your existing full version folder.

To install XandraX:

1: Unzip globalx32.zip or globalx64.zip
2: Optional - move the unzip folder to where you want.
3: Optional - create a shortcut of globalx32.exe or globalx64.exe to your desktop.
4: Run globalx32.exe or globalx64.exe
5: at least put your avatar when you see XandraX setup.
6: double click on XandraX tray icon to view/change your setup opptions.(click Advance setup for extra options)
7: see manual.txt for other options that you can change.
8: In game; press "O" then select HUD then select Enable Main Chat Logging.

This screen capture always will be Free from:

1: send any information out of your PC.
2: getting/collecting/waiting for any information out side your PC.
3: all advertising.
4: free from watermark on all screen shots.

This screen capture always will be for:

1: any one to use.
2: free.

Quickly features.

1: screen shot in any format you want (bmp/jpg/png/gif/tif)
2: capture global/hof/new skill unlock/mission complete.
3: send location/time before screen shots taken (Activate one off manually)
4: send location/waypoint when you were killed.(Activate one off manually)
5: Easily select other Avatar/Team name from the list (for taking your friend global/easily switch team name)
6: Work with systems with Aero themes and with full screen Entropia(no need to disable Aero themes or disable desktop composition)
7: Automatically support other languages: Francais, Deutsch and Espanol
8: Intelligent team: enable team global capturing when you are parted of the team.
9: Launch up to 7 programs.
10: Fully compatible with other Entropia tools, eg Locations.exe, Entropia Tracker without moving chat.log file while they run.
11: Small self-contained and doesn't require any additional installation of "runtimes"
12: Fast; use little your PC CPU and very low RAM usage
13: Does not need to create an account or send email to use.
14: Does not need Internet Connection to run.

Here is a screen shot of some features; all features are in a file pesetting.ini

My goal is not to add more features; but to make it small and fast and bug free.

I welcome your feed back.

cheer;

dandy
====

Change log:

version 0042
1: Fixed setup_globalx64.exe crashed on Windows x64 in some situtations.

version 0041
1: Add option backup chat files when exit XandraX under [Globals] in pesetting.ini
bkexit = 0 is default, change to bkexit = 1 to enable.

2: able to choose where to backup chat files.
Under Advance Setup from XandraX Setup

3: option for Private chat file for backup.
pvchatfile = MyDocumentsDir\Entropia Universe\private_chat.log as default.

4: Fix screen shot for missions from current VU changed

5: Fix global screen shot and fix send position/waypoint when you were killed from current VU changed.

Last edited:
What did you write it in?

If it's all free and everything, why not make it open source then? Might even get suggestions for improvements and bug fixes etc. ;)

Oh... And thx for sharing btw. Haven't tried it yet though.

Hi,

finally you released it :)

I can now reveal I'm testing this for a while meanwhile, and can testify:

This is the greatest EU screen grabber ever!

What does it do? It:
  • deals with its screen grabbing duty reliably and inconspicuously
    (not only in EU, works everywhere, in other games, too! Just grabs the top-most window.)
  • plays a sound to tell you it has succeeded,
  • let you choose between BMP, PNG, JPG, GIF, TIF picture formats to fully suit your desires
    (Hint: PNG is great!),
  • gives them screen shots nice names, in the form of "['img' or what happened]_[Date]_[Time]",
  • automagically gets two different screen shots of each of your Globals/ HoFs, ATHs & Discovery's,
    • with swirlies,
    • with auto-printing time & location,
    • with EU-activation in case of background crafting,
  • prints the location of your falling should you ever die due to a huge mob crit - you'll never again have to worry where the hell this now half dead mob waits to be finished!
  • is able to start the client loader so you'd not even have to to worry to click twice for your EU experience - a blessing for us lazy bones! ;-)))

To my best knowledge it is free of any trojans/ worms/ whatever, and it has never tried to establish an outgoing connection.

I'm using it starting with windows (means always, even when not in EU), and I'm absolutely happy with it!

Thanks for this great tool, Dandy!

Have fun!

Hi;

Thanks Xandra for the nice manual there.

Like Xandra said; she runs this program all the time.

So I it already has a couple of sleeping features for this purpose while it is running:

1: First start: It goes to sleep mode if no activity in your chat file; check your chat file for every 20 seconds for changes.

This is good when you only run it for other purpose.

2: It goes to sleep mode if chat files has no activity for 10 minutes and check every 6 seconds for changes in chat file.

This is good when you stop playing or resume playing again later on.

I have thought of players who play a lot too to reduce the power and optimize the program performance.

The program will backup/deleted(as per your settings-default is backup) chat file when it reaches 20k lines. This reduces memory usage and CPU power.

Above features give back power to your computer to do other jobs; or just to use less power for your cpu.

So you can run this program 24/7 and it's still performing as it was just run a few minutes ago.

Cheer;

dandy

i will try it!

since autoscreen doesnt work properly anymore I have gone back to print+scr & paint :D So its gonna be nice to get a new nice little program to do that

does it integrate with printscr too?

i will try it!

since autoscreen doesnt work properly anymore I have gone back to print+scr & paint :D So its gonna be nice to get a new nice little program to do that

I can confirm that it integrates with printscr. :)

I can't confirm that it works in any other way though, just did a quick test capturing my desktop.

hey faith

i will try it!

Hi Faith;

It works independently.

This program; when you press Print Screen it will print only active Windows Area to a file.

And have your normal Print Screen available for pasting to your Paint Brush too. So it doesn't interfere with your normal print screen; you have both worlds;)

cheer;

dandy

Last edited:
One question..

Where does this save the image to?

One question..

Where does this save the image to?

I checked the config file (pesetting.ini) and it seems you can choose your own location. In that chosen directory the application will create three folders; globals, globals2 and logs.

Reactions: jod
I checked the config file (pesetting.ini) and it seems you can choose your own location. In that chosen directory the application will create three folders; globals, globals2 and logs.

Ok thanks I'll have to take another look at it later and try and work it out.

I confess I R noob at these things :ahh:

I would have suggested just making subfolders within 'My Documents' rather than fixed paths within ini file as it allows multiple logon accounts for the machine to save images seperately. Plus it means you don't need to worry about access rights.

I would have suggested just making subfolders within 'My Documents' rather than fixed paths within ini file as it allows multiple logon accounts for the machine to save images seperately. Plus it means you don't need to worry about access rights.

Hi Spike

Thanks for the feed back.

It is a good idea to have images in My Documents for access right issue.

An other thought of my idea to put all images in sub folder of the program is;

Images are not scattered all over the places.

For example I some times login to a different Windows account to play and all images are all in the same location.

If any one has a problem with this in a future; then I will create an option for it.

Cheer;

dandy

BUMP for your screen print software its super and the 64-bits works for me i have Win. Vista. :yay: :yay: :yay:

After giving a little advice I thought I'd ask for some in return. :)

Anyone that can confirm that this application actually works to take ingame screenshots in Windows 7 using Aero?

I only have one question.... is the screenshot free from any marks identifying which program captured it? I'm using EU Hunter/Entropia Tracker for screenshots currently but they both put these large ugly boxes on top of the screenshot with the program names and URLs. I want to get rid of those.

If any one has a problem with this in a future; then I will create an option for it.

Options are usually best. I prefer to store my screenies on what I call my "storage" drive and never in "My Documents".

It looks good so I will install and give you feedback on how it works with Win7 64bit if lootius gives me the globals to work with :)

I only have one question.... is the screenshot free from any marks identifying which program captured it? I'm using EU Hunter/Entropia Tracker for screenshots currently but they both put these large ugly boxes on top of the screenshot with the program names and URLs. I want to get rid of those.

That would be under Advertising.

cheer;

dandy

After giving a little advice I thought I'd ask for some in return. :)

Anyone that can confirm that this application actually works to take ingame screenshots in Windows 7 using Aero?

Yea; I like to know too.

Am a Windows XP user; so...

cheer;

dandy

:yay::yay::yay::yay:
Just what i was looking for!

Thanks a mil!

Found a problem.

when I start the "globalx32.exe" file it automatically almost mute my sound :scratch2:

checked the usual volume controls in winXP (32bit) and the program makes the "Wave" volume go down to about 5% or something double/triple checked and it's this file that cause it for some reason.
But once it's started I can go in and raise the volume again so it's not stuck once the program are running, but thought you should know so you could fix it or tell me how to fix it lol

Found a problem.

when I start the "globalx32.exe" file it automatically almost mute my sound :scratch2:

checked the usual volume controls in winXP (32bit) and the program makes the "Wave" volume go down to about 5% or something double/triple checked and it's this file that cause it for some reason.
But once it's started I can go in and raise the volume again so it's not stuck once the program are running, but thought you should know so you could fix it or tell me how to fix it lol

Hi jenny;

It's one of the feature I created for Print Screen sound.

I will reset the wave volume in the next release.

You can set the volume now;

1: Open pesetting.ini

2: change this printscrvolume=4 To some thing like this printscrvolume=50

cheer

dandy

Hi

I have developed a global/print screen capture for Entropia a while ago for a personal use.

I have fined tune it and now I want to share to others and hope to make this program free from bugs.

So I would like to ask for testers to help me clean some bugs if any.

globalx32.zip - for 32 bit application, lots of testing done on Windows XP

globalx64.zp - for 64 bit application, have not been tested.

This screen capture always will be for:

1: any one to use.
2: free.

Quickly feature.

1: in any format you want
2: send location/time before screen shots taken (Activate one off manually)
3: send location when you were killed.(Activate one off manually)

Her is a Screen shot of some features; all feature is in a file pesetting.ini

My goal is not to add more features; but to make it small and fast and bug free.

I welcome your feed back.

cheer;

dandy

nice tool dude, + rep, few efd too

Hi jenny;

It's one of the feature I created for Print Screen sound.

I will reset the wave volume in the next release.

You can set the volume now;

1: Open pesetting.ini

2: change this printscrvolume=4 To some thing like this printscrvolume=50

cheer

dandy
Thanks, worked perfectly with 50 :)
(is that 50% volume?)

Thanks, worked perfectly with 50 :)
(is that 50% volume?)

Yes; or 100 as the max volume.

It was 4 in pesetting.ini because it sounded good at that Number for me;)

cheer;

dandy

Hi,

To be honest: Haven't tried yet. Aero isn't good for my eyes ;-)

But: Akoz' ESG did not when I tested it back in January. And since both ESG and Dandy's tool are written with the same program it wouldn't make me wonder if both wouldn't share this.

So to make it work you'd need to disable Aero, or the "accelerated desktop". I have written a short "How-To" over there, maybe it helps.

Have fun!

Really nice tool so far :thumup:

Just a couple of things/questions:
- I'd like an ability to disable sounds, don't usually like any plings or plongs :)
- Also, you obviously have some sort of timer there to catch the 2nd screenshot, it would be nice if you could choose the timing yourself, now i only get a screenshot with no swirless, and a screenshot where the animation is just starting (can only see some yellow glowing under my avatars feet).
- The screenshots have a couple of extra pixels on the top (also a bit on the side), see here:
http://lost.kapsi.fi/cail/eu/vu10/img_20100316_14_07_04_429.jpg
You can see a bit of what's on the background there, not a biggie, just wanted to mention this :)

Other than that, great tool!

Edit:
And one more thing, would be nice if you could open the settings by double-clicking the tray icon (or mouse right -> settings, or so) :)

- I'd like an ability to disable sounds, don't usually like any plings or plongs :)
- Also, you obviously have some sort of timer there to catch the 2nd screenshot, it would be nice if you could choose the timing yourself, now i only get a screenshot with no swirless, and a screenshot where the animation is just starting (can only see some yellow glowing under my avatars feet).
- The screenshots have a couple of extra pixels on the top (also a bit on the side), see here:
You can see a bit of what's on the background there, not a biggie, just wanted to mention this :)

Edit:
And one more thing, would be nice if you could open the settings by double-clicking the tray icon (or mouse right -> settings, or so) :)

Hi;

Thanks for testing.

All options you mentioned above already available in pesetting.ini (more details in manual.txt)

About the extra edge of the picture, I was a bit of expected it; not surprise.

Could you tell me it you are using Windows 7? With Aero theme or not?

cheer

dandy

Hi;

Thanks for testing.

All options you mentioned above already available in pesetting.ini (more details in manual.txt)

About the extra edge of the picture, I was a bit of expected it; not surprise.

cheer

dandy
Oh, thanks for pointing out the ini-file, didn't even check it, thought it had all the same settings as in the settings GUI :p

Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit here.

So to make it work you'd need to disable Aero, or the "accelerated desktop". I have written a short "How-To" over there, maybe it helps.

Thanks for pointing me to the guide, but sadly I don't see myself turning Aero off. I like Aero a whole lot for some reason and going back to an XP-looking desktop just isn't an option. :)

I've been using Fraps for the most part and it works great, but I would indeed want something a bit less resource hungry.

I'll give it a go this evening since I finally have some hours to spare in EU. :D

I'm using Windows 7 32-bit with Aero for the record.

Edit:

Did a small research; I think it's window frame transparency or Windows Aero theme.

The following windows include Aero;

Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Home Premium, and Windows Vista Ultimate. Aero is not included in Windows XP or earlier versions of Windows.

To turn on window frame transparency also to turn it off I guess;

To turn on window frame transparency, the color scheme must first be set to Windows Aero.

Open Personalization by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Personalization.

Click Window Color and Appearance.

Select the Enable transparency check box.

Can you confirm if you have enable the Aero or frame transparency like above?

I can have a fix in next version to adjust the screen shot if this is the case.

cheer;

dandy

Back