New Global/Print Screen Capture-Free From

I can't get the date and location to work on my ss's.
Anyone else having this problem?

Open pesetting.ini and make sure the followings are corrected;

datetime=Y
sendlocation=Y
datetimesendkey=U (make sure this is the key for date/time)
deadpos=Y
deadposkey=P (make sure this is the key for position)

Then get your self killed to test;)

Or double click on XandraX tray icon to bring up the setup and make sure all options you want are correctly select/ticks.

The options are not activated by default, you have to activate them once.

cheer

version 0011

Hi;

Not to waste the thread bump, I like to release a new version for a couple minor changes.

version 0011 change log

1: add print screen folder option, you can have the folder outside XandraX
: eg printscreen (folder inside XandraX); C:\globalx\printscreen (folder outside Xandrax)

2: In team, dead location was sent twice, there was only one dead message pre VU, now there are two, one is team dead message, other is normal dead message; team dead message is now removed from sending.

cheer

dandy

1: add print screen folder option, you can have the folder outside XandraX
: eg printscreen (folder inside XandraX); C:\globalx\printscreen (folder outside Xandrax)
Thank you very much, now it's exactly what I want

Version 12

Hello

One more fix I like to share you all.

This fix is mostly for Windows with Aero Themes(Windows Vista/Windows 7 etc.)

Those operating systems reported incorrectly of Windows client sizes.
That problem was within Windows operating system itself.

Here is the fix:

Change log

version 0012

1: fix top of the screen shot is a bit off when taking screen shots for some programs, for only Winodws with Aero theme.(windows Vistat/7 etc)

dandy

major improvement release 0014

Hi

This release will make XandraX very user friendly.

version 0014

1: Improved: Impermanent features, now they are part of normal global checking.
: Meaning your Avatar name and your Team Name will keep monitoring for globals if you forget to change Impermanent avatar/Team back to "Use Your Avatar/Team Name"
: (because I often fap and take friends global, and some time I forgot to change back, and missed my own globals)

version 0013 - this release has not released to the public

1: Improve compatibility with system with Aero theme.
: To make screenshot works automatically when you play pe in full screen by disable Aero theme, and enable Aero theme back when pe is gone or in Window mode.
: For current users to take advantage of this feature, you have to remove Disable desktop composition from Entropia.exe
: Right click on Entropia.exe - Properties - Compatibility then select UNSELECT Disable desktop composition

: This allows you to play Entropia in Window mode with Aero Theme and in full screen mode and XandraX will work in both conditions.

: So? means XandraX is no longer required you to disable your pretty Aero Theme desktop.

dandy

version 0015

Hi;

I hope that this release will be a release that I will keep for a long time.

If there is no more bugs, I like to take a rest from it;)

version 0015

1: Fixed old bug: Impermanent avatar, global was taken when the avatar login or out.
2: Updated manual and some description of XandraX about Aero Theme requirement, which no longer require.
3: Add version detail in XanraX icon about.

Don't forget, to look at change_log.txt contains all changes.

And manual.txt contains all information about XanraX and all it's features.

dandy

Excellent program. I use it daily and it hasn't missed a global/hof for me yet. :yay:

Hi there,

I like your peogram a lot. Just one thing..

Could you please implement a feature that allow the user to choose what key is assigned to the Screenshot function?, Right now the PrtScr key is used by another program (The Little Big Mining Log) and it is causing conflicts.

Thanks

Hi there,

I like your peogram a lot. Just one thing..

Could you please implement a feature that allow the user to choose what key is assigned to the Screenshot function?, Right now the PrtScr key is used by another program (The Little Big Mining Log) and it is causing conflicts.

Thanks

Print Screen key seems to be used by many programs.

I guess it is logical to have other keys for print screen for XandraX.

In the next release I will have SCROLL Lock and Pause/Break keys as optional for Print Screen to file for XandraX.

Those keys are not normally used by any programs, including Entropia.

I already created this option already and doing some test now.

Expect to be released in the next week or so, this will give me more time to find more bugs to fix.

dandy

Print Screen key seems to be used by many programs.

I guess it is logical to have other keys for print screen for XandraX.

In the next release I will have SCROLL Lock and Pause/Break keys as optional for Print Screen to file for XandraX.

Those keys are not normally used by any programs, including Entropia.

I already created this option already and doing some test now.

Expect to be released in the next week or so, this will give me more time to find more bugs to fix.

dandy

:yay: thanks a lot man :yay:

version 0016

:yay: thanks a lot man :yay:

This version is for you.

version 0016

1: Added option of two extra keys for Print Screen to file
: This will allow you to use Scroll Lock or Pause/Break key instead of Print Screen key.
: In pesetting.ini, prtscrkeycode=SL is to use Scroll Lock for Print Screen to file, prtscrkeycode=PB is to use Pause/Break key,
: prtscrkeycode= (blank is default) is to use normal Print Screen key for Print Screen to file
: Any invalid entry will use the default.
: or you can change it from the setup, double click on XandraX tray icon.

dandy

version 0017

One more fixed;)

One day, there will be no more fixes.

I found this bug when I tried to do several print screens for my last wormhole event.

Now if you press 100 print screens, you should get 100;)

version 0017

1: Fixed printscreen to file: PrintScreen may not work after several printscreens.

dandy

ps: I needed to upload the files again with minor change to work with Entropia(it tries to block any Printscreen key), use md5 to check if you get corrected version)

Last edited:
I am having trouble getting it to work. I am using the 64-bit version and I input my avatar name in setup, but when I global there is no screenshot. in the global1 or global2 folders. The print screen function works, when I manually click print screen. At least the first few times i tried it. But the most recent time I got a bunch of totally black screens with just the cursor showing. I don't think this is the program's fault though because when I open it in ms paint it's also black.

I am kind of disappointed because I just got a 14k hof and no screenie for it :(

I am having trouble getting it to work. I am using the 64-bit version and I input my avatar name in setup, but when I global there is no screenshot. in the global1 or global2 folders. The print screen function works, when I manually click print screen. At least the first few times i tried it. But the most recent time I got a bunch of totally black screens with just the cursor showing. I don't think this is the program's fault though because when I open it in ms paint it's also black.

I am kind of disappointed because I just got a 14k hof and no screenie for it :(
Are you sure you checked the "log main chat"(or something like that) in options?
And that it actually writes the chat.log file as it should? I have noticed a few times EU wont write the file as supposed to, but after a relog and deleting of the old chat.log file have made EU write it as it should again.

Thanks, I think this is the problem. In red text, in the setup window, it says Warning! Chat file can not be found! And below that, there is a an unclicked checkbox for "Override chat.log file" and then a space to type in a file name or something, and button to browse for a file. Does this mean the EU chat file h as a different name or something? Do I have to check that box and type something else in? When I open the chat.log folder, it is empty.

from the manual file:
"Enable Main Chat Logging must be enable in game"
open options in game and enable it there. (dont forget to press "apply" before ok)
And your chat.log file should be located here if everything are ok (relog after you enabled it to be really sure it works)
C:\user\"PrinceYumil"\Document\Entropia Universe

think thats how it is in English as the pc I'm at now have the stupid Swedish translation and it's really weird most of the times lol

Aaaah okay thank you very much, +rep :)

Aaaah okay thank you very much, +rep :)

Thanks for posting the problem.

The next release will have extra measures to make sure this won't likely to happen again.

Change log the next release will be;

1: Add a button pup up message; the solution for "Warning! - chat file can not be found." and instructs user to Enable Main Chat Logging in game.

2: Tool Tip will display "XandraX is disable"

3: Tray Icon will become Red X and will flash.

And I updated the first post under installation to Enable Main Chat Logging.

The next version will release in the next few days and has no bugs yet?, and updates will likely include only above changes.

dandy

Well I just got another global and it didn't work again, so I checked the setup (should have done this earlier) and now it has found my chat.log file, but it says Warning! chat.log is too large. What can I do about this?

Well I just got another global and it didn't work again, so I checked the setup (should have done this earlier) and now it has found my chat.log file, but it says Warning! chat.log is too large. What can I do about this?

hmm; just check my chat.log now and saw you had Farex Valor Lore killed a creature (Argonaut Adult) with a value of 75 PED!

Make sure your avatar name is 100% correct.

The warning should go away next time it runs normally and if you have no other programs that use chat.log too.

Could you post your pesetting.ini here? and I will have a look.

dandy

This version is for you.

version 0016

1: Added option of two extra keys for Print Screen to file
: This will allow you to use Scroll Lock or Pause/Break key instead of Print Screen key.
: In pesetting.ini, prtscrkeycode=SL is to use Scroll Lock for Print Screen to file, prtscrkeycode=PB is to use Pause/Break key,
: prtscrkeycode= (blank is default) is to use normal Print Screen key for Print Screen to file
: Any invalid entry will use the default.
: or you can change it from the setup, double click on XandraX tray icon.

dandy

upgraded, thanks a lot

Cant give more rep :p

Okay I opened EU again and it said chat file found, and I didn't get the warning about it being too large. Next time I play for awhile I will look at it and see if I get the same warning. Here is my psetting file:

[Globals]
globname=Farex Valor Lore
teamglobname=Your Team Name!
overidechatlog=N
overidechatlogfile=
datetime=Y
sendlocation=Y
datetimesendkey=U
deadpos=N
deadposkey=P
runsh=N
runsh2=N
runsh3=N
runshfile=C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe\bin32\ClientLoader.exe
runshfile2=
runshfile3=
fileformat=jpg
delog=N
maxglobsize=100
printscrsound=Y
printscrsoundfile=44magnum.wav
printscrvolume=0
printscrwithcursor=Y
prtscrkeycode=
peactivate=Y
entropiatitle=Entropia Universe Client
sleepcp=720
sleeploop=300
takesecondglob=Y
sleepglob2=72
sleepglob=720
globwithcursor=Y
globfiledir=global_1
globfiledir2=global_2
openglobfiledir=global_1
prtscrfolder=printscreen
globalmaxdelay=1020
globfile=chat.log
hofs=Hall of Fame.
aths=Hall of Fame ALL TIME HIGH. Congratulations!
discover=is the first colonist to discover
scrollofftext1=You were killed by the
scrollofftext2=Sweat cannot be gathered from dead animals
scrollofftext3=You may not acquire any more sweat from this creature
scrollofftext4=No target
scrollofftext5=You are healed
supressallerror=N
lastrundatetime=20100808_18_29_53_650
eupro1=Locations.exe
eupro2=EU Hunter.exe
eupro3=Entropia Tracker Suite.exe
eupro4=JASPT.exe
eupro5=ESG 2.exe
eupro6=
eupro7=
eupro8=
eupro9=
eupro10=
eupro11=
eupro12=

[ImpermanentAvatars]

[ImpermanentTeams]
team1=Supremacy Reign
team2=
team3=
team4=
team5=
team6=
team7=
team8=
team9=
team10=
team11=
team12=

[ImpActiveProfile]
nextrun=N
curavatar=Farex Valor Lore
curteam=Your Team Name!
impavatar=
impteam=

Hi Farex Valor Lore

Your setting is OK.
I can't see any thing wrong. I used your settings you posted, and it worked when I did some dummy globals.

Have you checked the global folder if you find any picture in there?

There are a couple things that can block XandraX

1: a program blocks reading chat.log
2: windows security blocks XandraX's action.

I have global_test.exe where I tested before I released any new version.

global_test.exe ...... md5 4334bc0540193d7a1ec2452b52ed237d

You can try to use the test program. It will write a couple of dummy of your globals to chat.log.

Make sure XandraX is already running.
Run global_test.exe in the same directory as XandraX.

I haven't seen any one got a problem using this program.

I really like to know what caused problem so I can fix it in the future release.

gl

dandy

version 0019

Hi;

I will post if the release is worth mentioning.

This one is worth a pec;)

Change log

version 0019

1: Add some support other Languages for Sending You were killed location, global/hof file name in Francais, Deutsch and Espanol.

I am missing "discovery/fist/all time high" in other languages for global file names.
They will be treated as normal globals in the other languages.

: This is automated, reading the language setting from Entropia language registry.
2: Run program(2/3); removed from excluding chat.log maintenace.
: edit the list of eupro(1-12) instead if the programs you use are not in the list.
: (programs that use chat.log), summary: Run programs for only launching programs.
: eupro(see the manual and pestting.ini) is for programs that use chat.log too.
3: Fixed a bug: If you had Left Shift key command in your keyboard map, when you enabled Global Time/Location, XandraX will send the command too.
: Because of Global Time/Location commands were Upper cases, now converted to lower cases.
4: Minor compatible improvement for other Entropia tools that use chat.log

And I added to the first post how to do md5 and what programs I use.
I believe some of you may never know what it is or how to do.

MD5 Checksum Integrity Verifier programs:
Microsoft Checksum:(command line)fciv.exe -add globalx32.zip > md5_globalx32.txt
nero MD5-Checksum:(graphical user interface easy to use)

dandy

Okay I got a hof today and it wasn't recorded. So I looked in the settings and had the warning chat.log is too large, again. In the chat_log folder there is a file with chat that starts on 08/05 at 00:045:11 and ends on 08/09 at 1:04:04. This file is 2,911 KB. In the Entropia Universe folder that it is supposed to be getting the chat from, there is a file called chat that begins on 08/09 at 2:01:42 and is currently up to date, including my hof. This file is 2,381 KB. So I don't know why neither chat log is complete, or if there is a certain size limit, or how to change that. Do I have to delete the contents of the chat_log folder every few dsya, or something like that?

Okay I got a hof today and it wasn't recorded. So I looked in the settings and had the warning chat.log is too large, again. In the chat_log folder there is a file with chat that starts on 08/05 at 00:045:11 and ends on 08/09 at 1:04:04. This file is 2,911 KB. In the Entropia Universe folder that it is supposed to be getting the chat from, there is a file called chat that begins on 08/09 at 2:01:42 and is currently up to date, including my hof. This file is 2,381 KB. So I don't know why neither chat log is complete, or if there is a certain size limit, or how to change that. Do I have to delete the contents of the chat_log folder every few dsya, or something like that?

Sound like XanraX could not access chat.log some how. XandraX doesn't keep chat.log that large.

Even the size of chat.log is large, XandraX will still work.

What ever it is, XandraX can't read or access chat.log.

1: Make sure the folder of chat.log has Modify/Read/Write Access rights.
2: Make sure the folder and subfolders of XandraX have Modify/Read/Write Access for all users.

Those make sure it will work, even with multiple users using it.

And try a test global I wrote here if it works.

Hi Farex Valor Lore

Your setting is OK.
I can't see any thing wrong. I used your settings you posted, and it worked when I did some dummy globals.

Have you checked the global folder if you find any picture in there?

There are a couple things that can block XandraX

1: a program blocks reading chat.log
2: windows security blocks XandraX's action.

I have global_test.exe where I tested before I released any new version.

global_test.exe ...... md5 4334bc0540193d7a1ec2452b52ed237d

You can try to use the test program. It will write a couple of dummy of your globals to chat.log.

Make sure XandraX is already running.
Run global_test.exe in the same directory as XandraX.

I haven't seen any one got a problem using this program.

I really like to know what caused problem so I can fix it in the future release.

gl

dandy

dandy

Do I have to delete the contents of the chat_log folder every few dsya, or something like that?
rename it or move it and EU will create a new one once you start the client, I had the same problem as you did not long ago but that was the first time ever so doubt it's just in a few days it gets "too large"

Hi

I created a new tool;

XandraX finds me errors tool:
This tool will give you an errors report that may cause XandraX from operating normally.
To run: extract zip file and put it the same folder as the globalx folder then run and open error_report.txt
XandraX_finds_errors.zip ...... md5: d55330daad7c64cb1ca8b309dc1724f1

I also putted in the first post.

dandy

version 0020 Set win on top most feature

Hi;

I like to share a new version. This one is so good I must post it;)

version 0020

1:Add more features of peactivate=Y (default)
: Activate Entropia to make Entropia to be in front from the back ground before taking global screen
: This also sets Entropia on top of all Windows temporary while taking global screen shots(from version 0020).
: Also this is for the PrintScreen too, the active windows will temporary set to on top most.
: We don't want to see what we are watching while we are globaling, do we?

Example of an older XanraX version screen shot:

Example of the new version with Windows Media Player was set to On Top Most:

dandy

Request approval from MA for XandraX

Case #: 15043-3371

Dear Sir/Madam

My name is xxx-some thing and my Entropia account is dandy.

I am actively help and support Entropia users.

I have a sticky thread "Repair any VU without Full Re-installation" in Technical secion.
(https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...pair-any-vu-without-full-re-installation.html)

I have Free Wormhole Event running for more than a year now "Free Wormhole Event"
(https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/events/128025-free-wormhole-events.html)

I have created a Global/Print Screen Capture for Entropia Communities.
(https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...941-new-global-print-screen-capture-free.html)

What I am writing to you about is the Global/Print Screen Capture I created.

It has an option to send location and time to active Entropia Universe before it captures a Global screen.

I would like to ask for your approval for this program.

This program was created because of some players in the communities disliked other programs.

I call this Global screen capture "XandraX".

This program is dedicated to Xandra "MadMaiden" Xandottir, for her frustration to find a program without Constant Internet connection.

Other programs require them to created accounts to use and and some require constant Internet Connection with their servers.

If you could also post a message to say hi in (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...941-new-global-print-screen-capture-free.html) would be greatly appreciated.

XandraX features:

1: in any format you want
2: send location/time before screen shots taken (Activate one off manually)
3: send location when you were killed.(Activate one off manually)
4: Easily select other Avatar/Team from a list (for taking your friends global/easily switch team name)
5: Work with and compatible with systems with Aero themes.
6: Automatically support other languages: Francais, Deutsch and Espanol from Version 0019
7: Launch up to 3 programs.
8: Fully compatible with other Entropia tools, eg Locations.exe, Entropia Tracker without deleting chat.log file when they run.
9: Small self-contained and doesn't require any additional installation of "runtimes"
10: Fast; use little your PC CPU and very low RAM usage
11: Does not need to create an account or send email to use.
12: Does not need Internet Connection to run.

I will not introduce any more features, but only fix bugs.

Your Sincerely

dandy

Last edited:
Back