Do you believe all loot is determined by the "system" ?

Is ALL loot distributed through the "system" ?

• Yes, all loot is given out automatically through the algorithm

Votes: 220 47.1%
  • No, sometimes loots are manually "awarded" to a specific player

Votes: 247 52.9%

• Total voters
One thing this poll represents is the playerbase's perception of loot.

perception is more important than reality.

So if you percieve the bridge across the gaping chasm to be safe - while in reality it'll break as soon as you reach the middle... :rolleyes:

Reality AND education is most important - this is where the usefulness is to be found.

perception might be delusion, and wont really help you do anything if it is.

So if you percieve the bridge across the gaping chasm to be safe - while in reality it'll break as soon as you reach the middle... :rolleyes:

Reality AND education is most important - this is where the usefulness is to be found.

perception might be delusion, and wont really help you do anything if it is.

Hooo-kay then, I'm done here. Buh-bye :wave:

Guys, when you realize that you two are just noobs in terms of hard core hunting..

Darkfire have impressive skills , but last time he properly hunted some thougher mob is 5 years back...

And you John? You are the same but without the skills...

Question is if you ever HC hunted something bigger then drone..
And recently, like 2 years back.. I doubt it

Still you know the best how loot is automatical and not manipulated.. But you actualy havent hunted.. so go HUNT and then come back noobs...

But you actualy havent hunted.. so go HUNT and then come back noobs...

I've killed over ten times the number of mobs that you ever will. That gives me the best view of the larger picture. You're the nub :)

Guys, when you realize that you two are just noobs in terms of hard core hunting..

Darkfire have impressive skills , but last time he properly hunted some thougher mob is 5 years back...

Still you know the best how loot is automatical and not manipulated.. But you actualy havent hunted.. so go HUNT and then come back noobs...
I've killed over ten times the number of mobs that you ever will. That gives me the best view of the larger picture. You're the nub :)
Ooh... Fighting. :popcorn:

My :twocents: is on DarkFire.
He obviously has more experience and more brains. :yay:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I'm sure MA has an application like that. Meaning that even if all loot is determined by an algorithm someone still has to control it.

One thing this poll represents is the playerbase's perception of loot.

perception is more important than reality.

Wow...you must be into politics...american style... :rolleyes:

If perception is what counts then we are all in for some major trouble along the road...

"No, you see, officer, I didn't kill him, he fell on the stick I pushed him against. It just looks like I killed him, he did it to himself..."

But when it comes to providing certain players with loot, you must be right since MA provided me with a few ubers and I can't really see any reason for why they would do that...:rolleyes:

sigh

more than 50% of the people who have voted on this poll "perceive" loot to be distributed manually.

MA should be aware that there is this "perception" out there.

:scratch2: why is that so difficult to understand? :rolleyes::wtg:

sigh

more than 50% of the people who have voted on this poll "perceive" loot to be distributed manually.

:scratch2:
So more than 50% really believe, that MA has actually sitting somebody 24/7 to push a button ?!
I am still not convinced that MA is wasting money for something like that, from the wages alone they could pay out 3 ATHs per month.

sigh

At this point 150ish 51.6%) people have voted that way to a poll that started off with this:

Some people are naive to think that MA doesn't manually distribute loot sometimes.

This alone is enough for people to roll their eyes and never look at this thread again.

So yes, for this poll, your perception is more important than reality.

Think I'll make like a tree now, and get out of here.

sigh

clearly offers the option *sometimes* loots are manually awarded. you've asked a question to feed a determined answer. now you remove the qualification, to make a signifcantly different statmenet.

:scratch2:
So more than 50% really believe, that MA has actually sitting somebody 24/7 to push a button ?!
I am still not convinced that MA is wasting money for something like that, from the wages alone they could pay out 3 ATHs per month.

they have someone actually sitting 24/7 to push a button?

Haven't they heard about computers?

and software that can track ubbers and noobs and activate at the correct moment?

are they that stone age?

Nahhhh, there is not need for human intervention beyond the software input, but if there is then may i plead loyalty and love to MA and request for a HOF or even better an ATH?

They don't need someone to be pushing a button 24/7 simply someone who says, this will go to this player within X variable, this will go to this player within X variable, etc. It could be something that would take as little as one hour a day out of someone's "busy" schedule at Headquarters

Seriously, who exactly are the ones that loot is "pointed toward"?

Since you're talking about Stryker's loot, I'd guess your comment was aimed at me.

I didn't post to enter a debate, I am not looking into and don't care enough to convince other players, I understood this thread was about posting one's opinions on the matter.

I don't really see how an opinion can be proven and likewise I don't see how can we talk on this matter in terms of "facts".

I can only post in these terms, on this issue:

a) MA has the technical means to do that (I guess that's quite obvious to everyone..)

b) their behaviour so far is unethical

Therefore it results:

c) I don't have the slightest doubt that they're doing it.

Just that simple. I trust MA as much as I trust some horseshit.

Last edited:
a) MA has the technical means to do that (I guess that's quite obvious to everyone..)
Yes, they have the means to do it manually, as well as the means to do automatically.
1 option is free (automatically), and the other costs MA time/money (manually). Wonder which they have chosen. ;)

b) their behaviour so far is unethical
Ehm... :scratch2:
You mean because they allow violence in their video game?

c) I don't have the slightest doubt that they're doing it.
They have the means, yes. But why the *beeep* would they waste their time (and money) on things they can't possibly gain anything from?
Because they're evil, and they care more about cheating their players, than on making money? Just doesn't make sense.

But why the *beeep* would they waste their time (and money) on things they can't possibly gain anything from?
Because they're evil, and they care more about cheating their players, than on making money? Just doesn't make sense.

Man, ok, maybe I don't know enough English, is completely possible.

I'll quote from wikipedia, I am not sure what English dictionary would be acceptable:

"An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.

An opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. In casual use, the term opinion may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs."

Why would MA do that? Dunno. How can you possibly be sure that they have nothing to gain? Because so you say? Lol?

As for why MA is unethical, c'mon. If THAT you disagree then is quite obvious we're talking different MAs, so we should cease discussion.

MA has the technical means to do that (I guess that's quite obvious to everyone..)

This is the greatest danger that they can make it, what MA should do is to set basic rules and never be able to control the individual loot (it should not even be a suspicion of it) so the question is who is controlling them that they never do so.

so the question is who is controlling them that they never do so.

According to JohnCapital, Vedder, Darkfire etc., MA is controlled in this direction by... uhm... er... MA's common sense :laugh:

According to JohnCapital, Vedder, Darkfire etc., MA is controlled in this direction by... uhm... er... MA's common sense :laugh:

You mean the same common sense that make such a mess of the game by releasing a version that was unfinish and buggy as hell?

:holyshit:

Man, ok, maybe I don't know enough English, is completely possible.

I'll quote from wikipedia, I am not sure what English dictionary would be acceptable:

"An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.

An opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. In casual use, the term opinion may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs."
It's not hard to understand, Kerham.
You're entitled to your opinion.
When you post it, we're entitled to comment on it, whether we disagree or not.
Simple, eh? Even without a long wiki quote.

As for why MA is unethical, c'mon. If THAT you disagree then is quite obvious we're talking different MAs, so we should cease discussion.
Seems so.
I guess I'm the lucky one, since I'm playing a game controlled by a company of normal human beings, with the intent to create the best possible game, making it as enjoyable as possible, while making as much money as possible. :yay:

It must suck for you to play a game controlled evil incarnate. :vampire:

Last edited:
MA has the technical means to do that (I guess that's quite obvious to everyone..)

This is the greatest danger that they can make it, what MA should do is to set basic rules and never be able to control the individual loot (it should not even be a suspicion of it) so the question is who is controlling them that they never do so.

Sure they could do it. It might not even have a noticeable effect.
On the other hand (and this gets technical, sorry) imagine the lootserver.
This server proccess, i would guesstimate, around a thousand loot requests per minnute? if this server at every request have to go through an
Code:
if(name == "Name Of Uber" || name == "Name Of Anotheruber" [etc...])
it would take that server more time to process every single request.
Likewise and worse, if the server had to add together all skills of the looting avatar first, and then weight it against whatever MA defines as "uber enough" it could cause even more overheat.

In short, individual loot is possible surely, but at a cost, and i can't imagine what reasons any company would have to go there...
My personal opinion and my reasons (or at least part of it) for having it.
We're not talking about MA(Controlled) - we're talking MA(L) :)

yea you defenitly be a good politician

talk a lot...say nothing

I can't help you viking.
You don't want to understand - you won't even try to... :rolleyes:
Better be a "politician" the fanatics doesn't understand than be a fanatic.

who said i need (your) help

the question was simple

why do ppl make huge stories about some bridge that gonna break if you fart on it

when the question can be answered with yes or no

and it's funny that you never looted any nice goodies in al the years you played

could this be your deposit size??

who said i need (your) help

the question was simple

why do ppl make huge stories about some bridge that gonna break if you fart on it

when the question can be answered with yes or no

and it's funny that you never looted any nice goodies in al the years you played

could this be your deposit size??

That's called making an argument. If i just say "No" then no-one is the wiser. If I explain why i say no, then maybe some would understand, or point out flaws in my argument so that i may see i was wrong.

There are people who have deposited more than me and looted less good items. There are people who have deposited less than me who looted more (i.e. i think it was NoLimit who looted an angel part from molisk).
So no, I don't see what my deposit size has to do with anything.

i "think" that deposit size got everything to do with your returns

for example; i deposit large amount of $ at a shop to get me that sexy latex/leather outfit for the party was invited

oh man .. my returns were significant.......not even to mention the globals i scored there ;-)

i "think" that deposit size got everything to do with your returns

for example; i deposit large amount of $ at a shop to get me that sexy latex/leather outfit for the party was invited

oh man .. my returns were significant.......not even to mention the globals i scored there ;-)

Good for you - I'm happy you did well :)
Personally my avatar is worth about 200k ped at current low marketprices, so i'm certainly not complaining either ;)

SGA was pretty evident that when MA wants the good items in game the BASE team enters them into some table or system.

IMO MA through their BASE team control every aspect of EU as it is now. Sometimes its hands off other time I can't help but seeing it more hands on. Maybe its just a matter of activating vertain variables that certain avatars will have at a given time to coax out certain loots in the system. Its still up to the avatars to find the right mob or place or crafting click but if your "active" so to speak then more will come your way while others no matter how hard they try won't find squat.

I guess thinking in those terms they control the loot to gain them maximum benefits or the chance it will benefit at some time. Some player will be kept continually chasing while others who iniate deposits via item sales or keep people chasing thinking anyone can do it might be more likely to be active more often :dunno: its just some thoughts from observations over the years I have played.

Overall things are set up for one thing, to keep people depositing and if that means manually setting up things to make that happen more often I can't help but think its MA's business to do so.

On a side note I don't think they have a 24/7 button pusher but I don't think EU runs on automatic either. To many times we see loot types come and go and end up in the usual places.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back