Do you believe all loot is determined by the "system" ?

Is ALL loot distributed through the "system" ?

• Yes, all loot is given out automatically through the algorithm

Votes: 220 47.1%
  • No, sometimes loots are manually "awarded" to a specific player

Votes: 247 52.9%

• Total voters
Good for you - I'm happy you did well :)
Personally my avatar is worth about 200k ped at current low marketprices, so i'm certainly not complaining either ;)

my advice

sell out as fast as you can, so you finally get rid of that testoron lvl. you've been building up
for so long behind that desktop
dude, at your age you're aloud to get some
i can even provide you of some good adresses , if making social contacts is hard for ya

my advice

sell out as fast as you can, so you finally get rid of that testoron lvl. you've been building up
for so long behind that desktop
dude, at your age you're aloud to get some
i can even provide you of some good adresses , if making social contacts is hard for ya

Haha, your concern is appreciated but I can assure you i'm doing just fine, thanks ;)

;-) no hard feelings m8
lov ya too :-D
lets stop this trash talk and wait till MA pushes that button for me :-D

Since you're talking about Stryker's loot, I'd guess your comment was aimed at me.

Sorry, Kerham, it was not. My apologies if I made it seem that way. I was trying to respond to Zib Black Onyx's reply to you in an attempt to get him to make a list of specific avatars he believes is the target of this "directed loot". (See post #15)

You see, we get this type of thread all the time, but whenever specific names are asked for, basically none are given. It's always an unspecified group called "the ubers" that get all the good loot. :rolleyes:

Why did the SGA mod fap and two imp faps go to basically unknown players? (Scudd complained about loot, like none of us have done that. :rolleyes:)

Go to the discovery section and search that section for "SGA". Now look at al those names of folks who made the discoveries.

I double dog dare anyone to make rhyme or reason out of that list of looters.

You see, we get this type of thread all the time, but whenever specific names are asked for, basically none are given.

The problem is we, nomatter what standing we'd take on the matter, tend to make an extremist point, so to say.

Respectively, I am 100% sure that MA doesn't hand out the goodies every time. It's not possible and would surely stink as hell.

My view, though, is that certain avatars are treated more than random.

Of course I cannot come with an explanation why Stryker, Stoikow and Stormer are imo such avatars. Of course it might be completely random. Of course out of them three, Stryker might be simply lucky, Stormer cheating and only Stoikow being favourised. Or whatever other avatars and combinations possible.

Of course I cannot come up with an explanation as why would MA do that because I am clueless, as is normal, on company's background and on respective IRL persons. As far as I know (i.e. nothing), Skalman might be Jan's, let's say nephew, and then would be somehow explainable why he'd be favourised or allowed to cheat or have inside info or whatever your favourite tune might be.

I simply cannot come with a specific list of whys and whos.

But I cannot stop myself from remembering Jan's famous Rancher Hat. I cannot stop myself from observing that certain members of community have/had open doors at MA (Angel, Skalman, Starfinder, Skam to name a few), while others didn't. And I don't want to bring other observations into view since I consider myself a gentleman but would make the point even more reasonable.

On the other hand, we have MA's interaction with players, which was often bad. Of course, it might be about low resources, not enough PR knowledge (that's for sure in fact), business decisions regarding external pressure factors which we're not aware of (banks, bills etc.).

But in my views, which might be emo ofc, MA managed to become a bunch of assholes focused on cheating players at least through false advertising. That combined with other mights, mays, ifs and so on result in me accepting the possibility that MA might treat certain players differently on, say, *personal* criterias.

Completely different from that is my opinion that the loot system itself works somehow this way. MindArk needs deposits. I think is easy, handy and done that out of a group of say 30 players, pick the nondepositor, squeeze the depositors to keep depositing (let's not forget this aspect, MA need people who keep depositing, they must be sure beyond any doubt that some people will keep depositing), and out of 29 average deposits, give to nondepo say 2 pieces and them keep 27. The nondepo will keep thriving, be a model and most important will frustrate the depositors to keep depositing. If the depositors get fed up and quit (like me), even better, kiss the sucker good-bye, we took his money, so long, don't let the door hit you. Chances are the non depo will keep playing anyway and withdraw something from time to time, not everything at once, not in a significant quantity.

Of course this is a basic model which needs variations, because you must fit in it small players, heavy rollers, non depo traders, LA investors, etc. Of course it might be that is not intentionate, but simply the depositors are regular people who won't hardcore EU to break even because they don't have enough time and because is not IRL rentable since gains are too small.

But that BASE team must be doing something, no? Must base (pun) their decisions or recommendations on something. Must take those decisions with a target in mind. And I doubt their customer consideration or even will to think at that issue.

Sry for long post :ahh:

It is difficult to say if some loots are gifted, as we have no idea of previous losses of those players (in tt value). I have noticed however that my housemate seems to get a more even loot pattern than myself, and much longer play time per ped deposited.

Personally i do think that some loots are directed to avatars as rewards, maybe for PR, maybe for something on the forum etc. Also from the posts of some individuals in game about things that they have never had, miraculously they got what they complained about within the week. I won't go into the different cases/avatars involved, but i am sure that i was not the only one to notice (I am not saying those people did not deserve what they had).

Overall for the mainstay of play though i think things are left to run "untampered", although the luck of some people seems to be well outside the possibilty of chance.

SGA was pretty evident that when MA wants the good items in game the BASE team enters them into some table or system.

IMO MA through their BASE team control every aspect of EU as it is now. Sometimes its hands off other time I can't help but seeing it more hands on. Maybe its just a matter of activating vertain variables that certain avatars will have at a given time to coax out certain loots in the system. Its still up to the avatars to find the right mob or place or crafting click but if your "active" so to speak then more will come your way while others no matter how hard they try won't find squat.

I guess thinking in those terms they control the loot to gain them maximum benefits or the chance it will benefit at some time. Some player will be kept continually chasing while others who iniate deposits via item sales or keep people chasing thinking anyone can do it might be more likely to be active more often :dunno: its just some thoughts from observations over the years I have played.

Overall things are set up for one thing, to keep people depositing and if that means manually setting up things to make that happen more often I can't help but think its MA's business to do so.

On a side note I don't think they have a 24/7 button pusher but I don't think EU runs on automatic either. To many times we see loot types come and go and end up in the usual places.
Posted via Mobile Device

exactly. this sums it up very intelligently.

I have very sophisticated business simulation that I run for the university students and I know pretty well how these systems are constructed, their architectures ...

SO,

I believe that both options can be valid ...
systems can not be fully trusted and sometimes manual interaction is needed

The problem is we, nomatter what standing we'd take on the matter, tend to make an extremist point, so to say.

Respectively, I am 100% sure that MA doesn't hand out the goodies every time. It's not possible and would surely stink as hell.

My view, though, is that certain avatars are treated more than random.

Of course I cannot come with an explanation why Stryker, Stoikow and Stormer are imo such avatars. Of course it might be completely random. Of course out of them three, Stryker might be simply lucky, Stormer cheating and only Stoikow being favourised. Or whatever other avatars and combinations possible.

Of course I cannot come up with an explanation as why would MA do that because I am clueless, as is normal, on company's background and on respective IRL persons. As far as I know (i.e. nothing), Skalman might be Jan's, let's say nephew, and then would be somehow explainable why he'd be favourised or allowed to cheat or have inside info or whatever your favourite tune might be.

I simply cannot come with a specific list of whys and whos.

But I cannot stop myself from remembering Jan's famous Rancher Hat. I cannot stop myself from observing that certain members of community have/had open doors at MA (Angel, Skalman, Starfinder, Skam to name a few), while others didn't. And I don't want to bring other observations into view since I consider myself a gentleman but would make the point even more reasonable.

On the other hand, we have MA's interaction with players, which was often bad. Of course, it might be about low resources, not enough PR knowledge (that's for sure in fact), business decisions regarding external pressure factors which we're not aware of (banks, bills etc.).

But in my views, which might be emo ofc, MA managed to become a bunch of assholes focused on cheating players at least through false advertising. That combined with other mights, mays, ifs and so on result in me accepting the possibility that MA might treat certain players differently on, say, *personal* criterias.

Completely different from that is my opinion that the loot system itself works somehow this way. MindArk needs deposits. I think is easy, handy and done that out of a group of say 30 players, pick the nondepositor, squeeze the depositors to keep depositing (let's not forget this aspect, MA need people who keep depositing, they must be sure beyond any doubt that some people will keep depositing), and out of 29 average deposits, give to nondepo say 2 pieces and them keep 27. The nondepo will keep thriving, be a model and most important will frustrate the depositors to keep depositing. If the depositors get fed up and quit (like me), even better, kiss the sucker good-bye, we took his money, so long, don't let the door hit you. Chances are the non depo will keep playing anyway and withdraw something from time to time, not everything at once, not in a significant quantity.

Of course this is a basic model which needs variations, because you must fit in it small players, heavy rollers, non depo traders, LA investors, etc. Of course it might be that is not intentionate, but simply the depositors are regular people who won't hardcore EU to break even because they don't have enough time and because is not IRL rentable since gains are too small.

But that BASE team must be doing something, no? Must base (pun) their decisions or recommendations on something. Must take those decisions with a target in mind. And I doubt their customer consideration or even will to think at that issue.

Sry for long post :ahh:
That's a long post.

I won't go through it all, but basically it's impossible to prove, that MA doesn't cheat.
And imo it would be so incredibly stupid to do, that I just won't believe it until I see some proof.

Also, if MA had been run by people in a country with more of a tradition for corruption, it might even have been likely that they cheated. But such things are actually relatively rare, and immensely frowned upon in Sweden (and Scandinavia in general).
Add to that, the fact that they would gain nothing at all from it, and the enormous cost if they're caught, it'd simply be sooo stupid that I won't believe they would do that..

If such things are taking place anyway, despite the stupidity of it, my bet would be that it would be have to the actions of a single stupid company individual, rather than company policy.

I guess we'll never agree.

Last edited:
there is vast space for cheating for MA ...
no one will ever provide any proof ...

its something like google search algorythm, which is know to a very limited circle of ppl ... like coca-cola formula ... sale is with MA ... som plp may know some stuff ... but the whole picture is seen by only may be couple of ppl who will never share that ...

and the enormous cost if they're caught

Letting aside how Sweden is the land of holy honesty (which, even if would be true, is not a viable argument in this discussion), the quoted text is the weak spot in all this construct.

Caught by who? Who audits this company? And about scandal, lol and lol.

How about MA bidding on their own auctions when estates were introduced? How about Jan clowning that declaration about players paying rent from EU gains? How about MA saying that ATHs and big hofs are payed by advertising? And prolly I could find other examples too.

That is honesty for you? I would have expected higher standards tbh.

Sorry, Kerham, it was not. My apologies if I made it seem that way. I was trying to respond to Zib Black Onyx's reply to you in an attempt to get him to make a list of specific avatars he believes is the target of this "directed loot". (See post #15)

You see, we get this type of thread all the time, but whenever specific names are asked for, basically none are given. It's always an unspecified group called "the ubers" that get all the good loot. :rolleyes:

Why did the SGA mod fap and two imp faps go to basically unknown players? (Scudd complained about loot, like none of us have done that. :rolleyes:)

Go to the discovery section and search that section for "SGA". Now look at al those names of folks who made the discoveries.

I double dog dare anyone to make rhyme or reason out of that list of looters.

Just from the recent events ?

What about Buzz cornu? (thats my favorite, uber in POE with MM killing cornus ;p)

And week after that Jokers discovery?

And dont be mistaken this thread is not about 30 choosen avatars as you want the list of. Its about MA influencing loot distribution.. Which happened through all SGA with few big jokes like the two examples above :)

Letting aside how Sweden is the land of holy honesty ...
Ofc it's not. (And I didn't say that it was)
But still far less corruption in Sweden, than in some parts of the world.

Caught by who? Who audits this company? And about scandal, lol and lol.
If you're cheating there's always a risk of getting caught. The more people
involved, the greater the risk of 'leaks'.
Why are you even questioning this?

How about MA bidding on their own auctions when estates were introduced? How about Jan clowning that declaration about players paying rent from EU gains? How about MA saying that ATHs and big hofs are payed by advertising?
Bidding on own auctions was bad. I agree on that. (Very bad actually)

People DO pay rent from EU winnings. Not many though.

MA had high hopes for their ads, and in the beginning they were doing ok. Seems the ads are pretty much not used anymore. :(
Besides... MA never said that ALL big hofs and ATHs were paid for by ads. (Though they surely would have loved to be able to do that)

I'm sure you can find more examples too, and I'm sure I'd have a different view on most of them too.
After all, it seems we simply disagree on MAs intentions.

sigh

more than 50% of the people who have voted on this poll "perceive" loot to be distributed manually.

MA should be aware that there is this "perception" out there.

:scratch2: why is that so difficult to understand? :rolleyes::wtg:
:holyshit: Another Perception-loot theory! :woohoo:
:rolleyes::D

But what could they possibly do about it?

;-) no hard feelings m8
lov ya too :-D
lets stop this trash talk and wait till MA pushes that button for me :-D
C'mon MA, push that button. You know you want to. DoctorFeelgood Needs that button to be pushed.

to push "button" or "butt on" :D

I don't care about big loots, but it was frustrating that some people could profit doing certain things while others, who did the exact same things with same gear, maybe with higher skills also always constantly lost money, short and long term. That's the reason i quit this game.. with lvl 80+ hit, somewhere around 35 dodger/45 evader i could not break even neither with P5, P4 or MKVME and ofc not with any of the big L guns either, on any mobs. Markup helps and it's the only way to get better returns but i always found it hard to find mobs that gavbe 170-180% markup on all loot they drop since that's about what it took to break even.. drones, argo, formidon, oculus, sumima and stuff that almost gave no decay on armor/fap with P5, MKVME - constant loss.. trying bigger mobs with same and bigger guns, better loot but more defensive costs so same return.

And i think i cycled enough peds thru the system btw.. deposited between 10-15k ped each month in general just to be able to hunt those mobs with that gear, with the occasional hogglo/aurli trip or crafting session that didn't really cost any more than eco hunting.
This was not the case until the VU when they changed the HUD some (3?) years ago, before that i had no trouble breaking even on drones, molisk, argo and such with the same or equivalent gear.

No i dont think they manually hand out loot or anything like that but something is/was fucked up or above would not have been the case as i see it.

I don't care about big loots, but it was frustrating that some people could profit doing certain things while others, who did the exact same things with same gear, maybe with higher skills also always constantly lost money, short and long term. That's the reason i quit this game.. with lvl 80+ hit, somewhere around 35 dodger/45 evader i could not break even neither with P5, P4 or MKVME and ofc not with any of the big L guns either, on any mobs. Markup helps and it's the only way to get better returns but i always found it hard to find mobs that gavbe 170-180% markup on all loot they drop since that's about what it took to break even.. drones, argo, formidon, oculus, sumima and stuff that almost gave no decay on armor/fap with P5, MKVME - constant loss.. trying bigger mobs with same and bigger guns, better loot but more defensive costs so same return.

And i think i cycled enough peds thru the system btw.. deposited between 10-15k ped each month in general just to be able to hunt those mobs with that gear, with the occasional hogglo/aurli trip or crafting session that didn't really cost any more than eco hunting.
This was not the case until the VU when they changed the HUD some (3?) years ago, before that i had no trouble breaking even on drones, molisk, argo and such with the same or equivalent gear.

No i dont think they manually hand out loot or anything like that but something is/was fucked up or above would not have been the case as i see it.

Your account was manually adjusted to not get much loot because you were classified as a guy who "will deposit 10k ped per month even if we keep giving him shitty loot"

Your account was manually adjusted to not get much loot because you were classified as a guy who "will deposit 10k ped per month even if we keep giving him shitty loot"

Assuming that's true, that turned out to be a bad strategy, didn't it? Seeing that Fjolla left and stopped depositing alltogether :)

I may be silly and naive to be thinking this, but i'm pretty sure MA would want to keep paying customers. Just my :twocents:

Why should they do it ?!
Absolutely no need, those that cycle most get most. Why should they interfere manually if the algorithm does it anyway for them?

I agree with this. Why would they need to do this? What would be the point behind it?

It's all luck.

Assuming that's true, that turned out to be a bad strategy, didn't it? Seeing that Fjolla left and stopped depositing alltogether :)

I may be silly and naive to be thinking this, but i'm pretty sure MA would want to keep paying customers. Just my :twocents:

Seeing is believing...
According to the tracker Fjolla did not leave and as far as the deposits go, with that amount of investments you can chip yourself up quite fast and get good gear in no-time.
High deposits are no guarantee for a good return, blaming it all on the system instead of analysing the own wrong doings does surely not help. If one spents really 10-15k on drones each month using a P5, there is definately something wrong. I don't think it is even possibly to spent that much with a P5.
I am quite sceptical when someone states that he spents 6-7 times more than me each month and gets only double my globals, because I know that I lose quite a lot of my deposits because of "what the hell" situations and stupidity and still, my 3k each month keep me going for quite a while and not just a day.
And I am really an idiot when it comes to money and savings.

Seeing is believing...
According to the tracker Fjolla did not leave and as far as the deposits go, with that amount of investments you can chip yourself up quite fast and get good gear in no-time.
High deposits are no guarantee for a good return, blaming it all on the system instead of analysing the own wrong doings does surely not help. If one spents really 10-15k on drones each month using a P5, there is definately something wrong. I don't think it is even possibly to spent that much with a P5.
I am quite sceptical when someone states that he spents 6-7 times more than me each month and gets only double my globals, because I know that I lose quite a lot of my deposits because of "what the hell" situations and stupidity and still, my 3k each month keep me going for quite a while and not just a day.
And I am really an idiot when it comes to money and savings.

I didn't lose 15k per month hunting drones with P4/P5, that's what i lost total per month, including some crafting and "fun hunts". Point being i didn't get better return when i was sticking to eco hunting for long or short periods, and i couldn't break even on anything.
About my activity - i do some small craftingsessions and sometimes hunt drones while i log in to withdraw what little money i have. You can't see i've been hunting drones on the tracker though, only been shooting like 3k ped ammo in the last months and no global there as usual, it tends to be a few thousand peds of ammo between each global.

Just a logic observation.
Considering that people which control loot generator weren't able to perform a simple administrative operation to stop SGA loot after SGA event ended, don't you think that they will leave traces of such covert operations if they happen, some sort of visible "glitches in the Matrix"?

:scratch2:
I am still not convinced that MA is wasting money for something like that...

that would depends on what kind of money they are "wasting"... you should know (or at least learn) by now that PEDs are way easier (and "convenient") to... hmmm... waste (pay)...

i simply love when ppl are playing the naive... lets add a litle "minor" twist to your phrase:
...from the wages alone they could pay out 3 ATHs per month.
and see what could come out:
... from 1 ATH alone they could pay out 3 wages per month...

They have the means, yes. But why the *beeep* would they waste their time (and money) on things they can't possibly gain anything from?
Because they're evil, and they care more about cheating their players, than on making money? Just doesn't make sense.

i have to repeat myself +++ sry about that:

No way someone giving a brief thought on the subject could miss the obvious answer(s)... so... are you naive? or what?

Back