Question: How many skills we lose every time we log out?

Apparently the health bar graphic on the skills page doesn't update whilst you're logged in. I had the same thing yesterday, it updated when I relogged.

So you can't see your health bar grow unless you log off. But if you log off shortly during or after skilling then you likely will lose some skills that make your health grow to begin with :rolleyes:

I do the autolog-after-an-hour thing as well to avoid skill loss.

I followed a link in the thread about unlocking Power Catalyst three times and figured this thread should be bumped so it gets some attention.

Changing server may force faster saving.
Also forcing server sync maybe help ( puting things in storage and out and waiting 2 minit )

Since this thread was bumped, i figured i would add some more input. Has anyone actually tried this method? To me this seems very practical. Loading stuff into storeage, taking stuff out and logging off. Seems it would "force" the server to act/save and what not no?

We all know that the FPC / MA read this forum, now I want them to explain why they scam us.:D

The issue is still there.
About 2 weeks ago i reached the same profession level in crafting twice due to a disconnect in between.

I normally make sure i have about 2 to 3 minutes after the last skill gain before logging of. I use the time to put my loot in storage and/or auction, repair my gear and chat some in soc chat or PMs.

I would say the reason is bad software design and sloppy programming.

Cheers
Siam

I think I saw someone's signature quoting an MA Avatar about the "no loot" mobs claiming they cannot do it because it is a database performance issue. This must be a similar problem... maybe they need better database design?

We all know that the FPC / MA read this forum, now I want them to explain why they scam us.:D

I have opened a support case on March 23rd. It actually has a link to this thread.

As usual it took a while until the support person figured it's worth to give me the common "forwarded"-reply.

I bumped it a minute ago... :rolleyes:

I think I saw someone's signature quoting an MA Avatar about the "no loot" mobs claiming they cannot do it because it is a database performance issue. This must be a similar problem... maybe they need better database design?

I think you are talking about this:

FPC avatar to me: "Sledge, the no-loot stuff became a database performance issue, so it couldn't be implemented as we wanted it."

The support staff answered:

Support Staff said:
Hi,
Thank you for your patience. The skill system is very complex and, as you know, we can not discuss any details about it. What we can tell you is that if you ever experience frequent CTDs this could explain the perceived loss of skills.
Skills are saved at regular intervals and every time you log out. If you get a CTD before the last skill increase has been registered, then the skills could be lost. So, the issue here is not connected to the avatar or skills in general, but to your regular CTDs.
We are constantly evaluating the crash reports we receive and doing our best to optimize the system in every possible way on our side. However, please note that, on rare occasions, issues that affect the performance of the system do occur, due to technical reasons that are unexpected and unavoidable.
Thank you for understanding and for your participation in Entropia Universe.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Obviously there's nothing really new here, except maybe that they think that everything works ok on a regular logout. However, I assume that if there's lag then there are also problems. They somehow urged me to ask about the "regular interval", so let's see what they tell me about that.

Other question: Has anyone noticed that tier-messages appear again after a relog?

From my personal experience I believe that those messages are generated by the server and not by the client. Loot also comes from the server. However, skills, armour decay, tool decay and ammunition usage are generated and stored by the client and at one point sent to the server.

..., except maybe that they think that everything works ok on a regular logout.

On that assumption from their side i have to disagree. I had to get an unlock threetimes due to lost skill infos, not stored in their database in time. I wasnt crashing, just simply used the logout button; and that at the second attempt 10-15 mins after the unlock. The weird part of it is that while my gained skills were not registered, the decay of my TP chip wasnt either. Only the amount of the used ME was accurate to the last digit. ;)

The weird part of it is that while my gained skills were not registered, the decay of my TP chip wasnt either. Only the amount of the used ME was accurate to the last digit. ;)

I'd have said "that's what I meant", but then you added the ME-part. I mean there were reports before that folks got disconnected and had all the loot in their inventory, but all their decay and use of ammunition wasn't recorded. :scratch2:

Anyway, my support case was closed. So I guess there won't be info about the "regular interval" :(. However, if it really is more than 10-15 minutes, then that's way too high IMHO.

I'd have said "that's what I meant", but then you added the ME-part. I mean there were reports before that folks got disconnected and had all the loot in their inventory, but all their decay and use of ammunition wasn't recorded. :scratch2:

When it's happened to me in the past, I've had armour and fap 'repaired' but not my weapon or amp, and no ammo returned.

OMG, first time I read something about this skill lost problem.:mad: Don´t know how much skill I lost perhaps.:(

I only saw be my avatar follow thinks over the years:
1. If you crashed your armor (only armor by me:() is repaired sometimes.
2. If you put stuff in the storage and crashed the stuff is back in your inventar after reloging.
3. After a crash your armor and clothers are not carried anymore and you are naked sometimes (perfect for spider hunting...:rolleyes:).
4. If you crashed your ammo/bombs come back after the reloging all the time, don´t know decay too.

But you can lost skills if you crash and by a normal log out? Holy shit...:eek:
In future I have to lock after my skills more and will test it out...:)

After finishing a run, I head home, hitting level 10 teleporter w/ Psychotropy gain.

I did NOT crash. I headed home and counted/sorted loot and did some auction stuff.

Total time from skill gain to normal log out approx. 20 min.

Later on after my next run is completed....

Yep, level 10 teleporter again.

I'm special. :cool:

(And yes, support case sent w/ pics)

--mod hat on--
Moving this to Bug reports section
--mod hat off--

This is ridiculous. :(

Yes, the 3rd time I've hit the same profession. Within 2 days.

And no, I have not chipped out anything.

I must say I haven't noticed this particular bug, though I do not check my skills that accurately when I log off. I did notice one peculiarity recently: I received a message "You have gained health" but my health was still on 107 (as seen in the skills list). The next time I logged on my health had gone up to 108. SO I am not sure how reliable the skill indicator actually is.

I would really like to hear an official response on this.

It'll probably be a response to tell me that a response will be coming soon. :rolleyes: :ahh: :laugh:

The queastion is if the skills are disappearing or if it could be something wrong with the profession calculation only. Maybe it "forgets" that you have already made to level 10, and gives the same message again.

It's nothing 'new'.. been going on for years.... whole system went whack when they first did the initial skill nerf.. then the rest of it like the balancing manager and more to skills at VU 9.0.... they've been told / reported by many people for a long time... :(

Hope you're able to get their attention!!!!!

as allways: bugs that affect players pockets will take YEARS to get fixed, bugs that affect MA pocket will IMMEDIATELY be solved.

why i don t get surprised??

Just don't log out. Let the timer log you out--I've not noticed any skill losses when doing so. Yes, it's annoying and waste of resources (my electricity, MA's servers), but it's the only way to ensure you aren't taking two steps forward, one step back every time you play.

And I would suggest putting this back in the skills category, since ppl need to know what is happening with their skills, and probably few read bug reports.

When I logged of yesterday, my Texture Pattern Matching Skill was 636,59
When I logged in today, my texture Pattern Matching Skill was back to 633,90

It wasn´t a CTD, a common regular logout.

now waiting what support is saying.

And definately think about selling out soon, this is just a waste of money.

No more sense in skilling if you lose part of the skill with every logout!

It happens EVERYtime I auto-produce something... stay away from the comp about 1 hour - and it crashes - and some items are missing... some kind of official fraud?

The best comes when we hear the explanations MA has to give. :D :D :D

Sounds like a job for the Community Manager to get us word from FPC/MA on this...

So no comment from the community manager after two month?

I can't find any appropriate smiley to express my utter disgust, so just have to write the words...

Damn the secret is out.... All those skills end up on my avatar! :D

MA is very slow acting when it's not about bugs that cost them money or have been reported by Skalman. :(

Participants loosing their hard earned skills after reloging?
- Who cares, move that to 2012 roadmap, mkay...

I have sent a support note about this so soon we will see what MA will answer.:)

Back