EU economy and the new planets

billairboy

Elite
Bill Airboy Ivanhoe
I am very intrested in how much the economies of the diffrent planets will be intergrated with each other. Some things i wounder about:

1. Will it be diffrent storage units on each planet?
  2. Will it be separate auction systems or the same with a transfer fee between planets?
  3. Will i be able to craft bp from Calypso on the other planets and the otherway arround?
  4. Will the new planets have lot of new items and resources that will only be found on their planets?

I am very intrested in how much the economies of the diffrent planets will be intergrated with each other. Some things i wounder about:

1. Will it be diffrent storage units on each planet?
  2. Will it be separate auction systems or the same with a transfer fee between planets?
  3. Will i be able to craft bp from Calypso on the other planets and the otherway arround?
  4. Will the new planets have lot of new items and resources that will only be found on their planets?

I think that some of the new planets will be able to be integrated into the current EU economy, with others only sharing the ped as currency.

Individual items found only on certain planets would be a good way of promoting inter-planetary travel and trade, the offshoot of this would be a much more absorbing and interesting experience for most players I think.

Hopefully MindArk and the planet partners will be taking full advantage of these possibilities and I expect them to do so and spring some nice surprises on us.

In my blog I suggested one or two things on this issue regarding mining, crafting and items on different planets and how it could work:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/blogs/oracle/1580-planet-kev.html

These are my guesses:

[*]Will it be diffrent storage units on each planet?
Yes. They would have to be some type of storage for each planet but it would be independent of other planets i.e. not linked. The reason being if storage was linked and you could access it from other planets that would not promote a transport industry. In the long term I suspect a some type of transport industry would be formed.

[*]Will it be separate auction systems or the same with a transfer fee between planets?
I suspect separate auction systems for same reasons as I mentioned above to bolster a transport industry.

[*]Will i be able to craft bp from Calypso on the other planets and the otherway arround?
Not sure. Could be either way, but I think yes.

[*]Will the new planets have lot of new items and resources that will only be found on their planets?
Definately yes :) that's a no brainer I think.

I think different planets will basically be like installing different games. So there would be few links between them if any apart from travelling between them. These other planets will only be installed on our computer if we visit them. Wonder if they will have some kind of in game email system because otherwise what if your friends go to diff planets you'll have lost touch completely.

Greoge saved me a load of typing, agree with all that. except bp, i wouldnt be surprised if BPs are fixed to certain planets. mobs, materials and ores/matters can be unique to the planet so it makes snece the BP is too, using only items from that planet. thinking of how the "time travel" on next island might render weapons obsolete, this might apply to crafting mechanisms too.

then again, if inter-planet trade is to be promoted (if its a concern for MA?) that crafting BPs anywhere will require those ingredients transported from their planet of origin.

What about the chat-system? Can we chat with a soc-mate even if he/she is on another planet?
Do we see the globals of ppl on other planets in the Calypso-chat?

My guess is that stuff that can be used in a action against another object,
can't be transfered between planets.
So weapons, miningtools, FAPS and so on can't be transfered to new planets,
while clothes and similar can.
PEDs are used within the whole EU-platform.

My guess is that stuff that can be used in a action against another object,
can't be transfered between planets.
So weapons, miningtools, FAPS and so on can't be transfered to new planets,
while clothes and similar can.
PEDs are used within the whole EU-platform.

I think items like weapons can be transfered, but i'm not sure. This is the big "if", it will make a big diffrent how easy we can go between the planets if we must get new weapons, armor and tools on each planet.

I think items like weapons can be transfered, but i'm not sure. This is the big "if", it will make a big diffrent how easy we can go between the planets if we must get new weapons, armor and tools on each planet.

I'm pretty sure items will be transportable between planets because martin biallas said so :) either in the entropia planets interview or on darri's radio interview...

Martin Biallas is the guy behind SEE virtual worlds...

Back