PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Garrett MrEarth Clark
    Society
    Tax Collectors
    Images

Shouldn't 2nd Avatars be hunted and banned?

Just to spin off the other topic which is a poll about whether its obvious or not....

Personally I think having a 2nd avatar should be tracked my MA and removed.... there are many people who abuse it.... obviously if you craft/mine/hunt with second avatar thats ok since your putting back into the system and it doesn't matter which avatar you use.... but for those who abuse the extra auction slots and the abuses you can do with multiple trading areas and all other sorts of things that can be abused.... shouldn't MA step it up to try and stop em?

I know its hard to prove since it could be another family member... but shouldn't it be obvious when both avatars aren't active at the same time? Or their activity is maybe handicapped by the fact you cant play two at the same properly....

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rakkety Tamn Tamn
    Society
    MLS
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I know several people who I'm 80% sure have second ava's. But It is kind of hard to prove unless their on follow fapping all day every day.

But yea, I think its totally unfair and more action should be taken.

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    tayra tayz fllurgil
    Images
    I tend to agree with you on this, and that 2nd avatars should be banned, but this puts me in a difficult position - in that myself and 2 other members of my household play the game - all on the one computer and isp.

I admit that the others dont play much but only one of us can play at a time. SO how can MA tell who is playing? the only way that they could really enforce it is by making it one avatar per isp address, and thats hardly fair for someone in our position.

What is the solution , to be fair to all that want to play? I have no idea but I would hate to see people banned for having a second avatar, when in fact they dont, just one ISP.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    garci bogus more
    Society
    NBK
    Images
    depends of what the 2nd avatar is doing
    if it's just for trading, or share items between a group of player, it's not that awfull
    P K A K S C O C C B -- Et sum etiam sumerian ego
    entropia feeding -- running on calypso since sept 2005
    Save a tree ? Eat a beaver

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jesus jdegre de Gregorio
    Society
    Survival Program
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LeWolf86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    obviously if you craft/mine/hunt with second avatar thats ok since your putting back into the system and it doesn't matter which avatar you use....
    well, i think the "obviously" applies in the exact opposite direction. it is "obvious" that, if 2nd ava's are forbidden, then they are forbidden no matter what.

bottomline is that what's "obvious" is different for everyone, and therefore, it is for MA to track down and take action on whatever irregularities they detect, if any.
    The Chipping Optimizer Tool
    &
    Skill Scanner
    Automatically extract your skills from in-game screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by garci View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    depends of what the 2nd avatar is doing
    if it's just for trading, or share items between a group of player, it's not that awfull
    As for trading: It's an unfair advantage over traders who follow the rules. For instance, max number of items allowed on auction at a time.

As for using an avatar as a way of sharing items between a group of players: Bad argument that to. Not an uncommon scenario is that one player in the group is a scammer, and then the dilemma for MA would be to lock other players in the group or not if the scammer uses the shared avatar to stash away stolen goods with (argus bank, anyone?). Also, again, it can be an unfair advatage to have access to +200 carried and +500 storage points against the players who are following the rules and have to buy boxes and/or apartments.

I wouldn't mind a secondary avatar either, especially when planets come online for things like exploring and not having to pay TP fees when I want to hunt my normal mobs.

Or, imagine having a second avatar where I keep friends like pilots, traders and services which I need as reference but don't need access to daily - that is a second avatar to practically expand my friends list.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lucifer dandy Leon
    Society
    Supremacy Reign
    Images
    The question is not the second avatar should be banned or not.

The question is how do you prove beyond the doubt that the second avatar is being used.

To prove is very costly.

1: MA calls you in the middle of the night if you are using the second avatar?

2: If second avatar is control by one person and not the member of your family?

3: If banned, what is the consequence if banned a wrong person?

cheer;

dandy

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Christopher Chris Kinnison
    Society
    Global Alliance
    Images
    aia, I think that it is extremely unlikely you won't be allowed second avatars on different planets. For one thing, the company you will actually be dealing with will be different when on (for example) Rocktropia. For another, if MA (NOT FPC) didn't allow it in those circumstances the new planets (or their controlling companies) would be at a gross disadvantage.

There might be an issue with avatars that start on one planet and cross to another, though.

Darcy Aeris Wood : was Darcy Aeris is Back Wood
    Society
    I'm so Freeancer
    Images
    If somebody is abusing the system with more then one avatar then yes, most internet resources are not active in looking for this kind of stuff though, they wait for a community member to report it.
    Han did not shoot first.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Virus Exo Binary
    Society
    Sadly there simply just isn't a guaranteed way to track this. I think the best that can be done is being done all ready.

The only way to more effectively police 2nd avatars would be t0o invasive to our privacy.

221/300 ll Logged off since 7.13.10

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast