MA's Response to LG 2006

MrWizard

Prowler
Benjamin "MrWizard" Slider
From the CL...

Report from the Land grab event 27 Feb 2006​

The disturbances in the claiming process that some societies experienced during the second phase of the Land Grab have been investigated. Our detailed logs and records show that a certain number of Project Entropia participants were using forbidden third-party software, commonly known as "auto-clickers". The use of such software is against the Project Entropia Conditions of Use and is an offence that could result in a permanent lockout from the virtual universe. The auto-clickers were set to click on the "Claim" button over 50 times per second! This caused a massive load on the claim handling system. This system is not designed for this kind of extensive abuse and as the usage of third-party software is forbidden, the situation should not have arisen in the first place. These violations managed to disrupt an entertaining and exciting event for other participants.
While an innocent society were involved in a claim battle with an individual using the auto-clicker software, they risked becoming "infected", as the stress from the extensive clicking caused a conflict as to which claiming state a society was currently in. We have found (based on the logs) that five societies were affected by this:

Amethera Demons
Calypso Conquerors
cK (Coat Killers)
Shaolin
Warants

We here at MindArk are very sorry about the situation that arose and are as frustrated as the affected participants. We believe that even though the damage was done by other participants, those affected should receive something for their frustration. Therefore we will randomly distribute six previously unclaimed Land Grab areas to the affected societies, for them to control for the next six months. The cK society were affected during phase one as well, and have therefore been awarded two Land Grab areas.

The Land Grab system will be revised and upgraded for the next Land Grab, so it will not be affected by, for example, auto-clickers being used on the claim rod.

Yeah, and some people have the nerve to cheat in this event.

Should temp ban the hole soc but then not all where active maybe.

Last edited:
Ma

Cant get any more fair response from MA than that I should think??

ohh right... some ppl using auto clickers crash the claims and bug them.... I only hope they get locked for some time. I doubt any of these socs receiving land above used such a thing becasue MA know how foolish it would be to give ac socs land....

Honestly I dont believe this excuse.

PE died a little more with this land grab event. If only my addiction died also :(

And seeing as how they gave out the remaining 6 LA's, I guess that means there won't be a phase 3. Unless they open more of Amethera, which I'm guessing they won't at this point.

I dont get this tho, so MA will give the rest Lands to these socities, 2 for cK and 1 for others?

MrWizard said:
From the CL...

Report from the Land grab event 27 Feb 2006​

The disturbances in the claiming process that some societies experienced during the second phase of the Land Grab have been investigated. Our detailed logs and records show that a certain number of Project Entropia participants were using forbidden third-party software, commonly known as "auto-clickers".

I think this is a very interesting result. I did not think this could be a reason.

The reaction off MA is remarkable! I did not imagine this could be a reaction of MA! Respect! :smash:

I hope the related SOCs are satisfied with this solution.

+Rep for MA

So does this mean that its also autoclickers fault that I have been lagging SO much lately (we are talking about the last 1-2 months) ... and not only during the few days of landgrab? The increasing lagg-problems in game are therefore a result of more autoclickers? If so - next question, what will MA do about that?

MrWizard said:
Unless they open more of Amethera, which I'm guessing they won't at this point.

There is always hope :wise:

I personally would rather fight for the last remaining LAs myself

seems tha Ck soc have the same problems in the phase1 and in the phase2,therefore the 2 la's..at least it's what i understand,correct me if i'm wrong please :)

Stryker said:
I personally would rather fight for the last remaining LAs myself

Yes, for sure. But in this situation it is a good solution for all concerned.

Mathayus said:
seems tha Ck soc have the same problems in the phase1 and in the phase2,therefore the 2 la's..at least it's what i understand,correct me if i'm wrong please :)

What i got from this message, cuz my english is bad
There are 6 LAs left and 5 soc effected, so what MA will do is give each soc 1 LA and 2 to cK, cuz they were efected by this in the 1st phase

which society was the one using the autoclickers?

Another slap into the face of honest players by MA

From Client Loader
Report from the Land grab event 27 Feb 2006
The disturbances in the claiming process that some societies experienced during the second phase of the Land Grab have been investigated. Our detailed logs and records show that a certain number of Project Entropia participants were using forbidden third-party software, commonly known as "auto-clickers". The use of such software is against the Project Entropia Conditions of Use and is an offence that could result in a permanent lockout from the virtual universe. The auto-clickers were set to click on the "Claim" button over 50 times per second! This caused a massive load on the claim handling system. This system is not designed for this kind of extensive abuse and as the usage of third-party software is forbidden, the situation should not have arisen in the first place. These violations managed to disrupt an entertaining and exciting event for other participants.
While an innocent society were involved in a claim battle with an individual using the auto-clicker software, they risked becoming "infected", as the stress from the extensive clicking caused a conflict as to which claiming state a society was currently in. We have found (based on the logs) that five societies were affected by this:

1)
So there where people at the Landmarkers which had autoclickers!
As I cant imagine that a Soc let unknown people let near the landmark the autoclickers where used by people known to that soc trying to claim that land. So the Autoklickers where either part of a grabbing soc or affiliated with it or a concuring Soc. Which leads me to the question why can if it happend a Soc get a land when they used illegale software in claiming it?

2)
Players lost a lot of money in fighting for land they could not claim because of autoclickers - now MA looses all the money from the fight over 6 LA's they give for free - all player has to cover this losses from the 6 free LA's as MA dont get any Ped's for fighting about them and the Ammo/Decay will not be spent and I'm sure they planned to get some Decay and Ammo spent on these 6 LA's also and so all the other players which not participate in landgrab has to pay for this as MA does not get Ammo and Decay from battels about these 6 LA's

3)
Can the ones who profited from these Autoclickers and gained some lands can keep it? These leads me to the question what happend to the autoklickers? Where they banned from MA forever? Where the Soc they where in it if they where in any got the Land they autoklicked on?

If MA does not do anything against these people which used autoclickers in these event what does it mean to the usage of autoclicker?
I think if they do not bann them forever there is no point in not using autoclickers in PE as MA made it clear that even when they and the whole community looses hughe amount of Money they wont bann them so they made a statement for the future that using of autoclicker is not a thing which gives you a bann from PE same as scamming by the way which is obviously also tolerated by MA.

So once again the win goes to individuals (or a Soc in that case) and the community has to pay for it (no Ammo and Decay spent in one phase of Landgrab - the 6 LA's MA gives for free) So when I see the statements from the last Landgrab this is something around 100K Peds at least they give away in not getting Decay and Ammo burnt through phase 3 of Landgrab.

If MA would be really fair they would have reset the ammo and skills of all the participants of the Landgrabs to bevor start and do round 2 again. In my view the only fair way to handel this. If they have to work extra hours to solve this why not when shit happens it has to be cleared out and not allways on the shoulders of the customers!!

Please MA correct this and correct also all the other bugs bevor going on in the development of this virtual universe - yes you stated its not a game so dont count that others will think what the heck it's just a game so dont bother the money we loose.

MA won't disclose who was using AutoClickers and I'm not sure its a legit excuse either.

If say, 5 markers were affected by this, then there would have to be 5 avatars using an AC. One at each marker. Now I know programs have gotten pretty advanced and certain rig AC's can look for certain color schemes and click, but generally one has to be standing still. I never got the chance to get up close and personal at any of the markers, but if a marker is being challenged, standing still is the last thing anyone will be doing. While not being challenged, the marker is already in someone's posession, so no need to auto click it. Something doesn't make sense here. :confused:

This is f***ing bul*****

did it ever occured to you that the alleged auto-clickers were cloaked, so affected societies could not see the culprit?

:wise:

Explain everything , no more Questions, all happy, it was not MAs fault, next Landgrab everything will become better, 'insert a popular statment from Nixon here'.

Who cares if there really was an Autoclicker who messed it all up ;)

MA response to the Land Grab 2006 it's a TOTAL BULLSH!T 100%.

Blaming all that on auto-clickers it's the lamest excuse I have EVER heard.

End of story !

Im glad there was a response from MA, lets just wait and see how it goes the next time...

ok, very interesting Reply from MA indeed ...

They have indeed been in a shitty position here... 1) They had to react and do something and compensate people for this cockup... 2) They have now pissed off all the other people that have ever submitted a support case and got the standart reply of " We cannot compensate you blablabla, see EULA"... :rolleyes:

Now I do think that what they did is fair, but I hope that this will also have some implications for the other 98.5% of players that have incurred losses and issues due to technical bugs !

Besides that I stillthink the technical explanation for the cockup is just an excuse, I can't immagine an autoclicker can crash the game ... it doesn't crash the oil rig, does it ??? Check your logs! It's not the first time an autoclicker has been used .... :mad:

Gratz to the Socs that finally got their LA ;)

Hehe it is funny:). MA have found guilty. Why they do not just correct clients/servers to block sending too many key/mouse strokes. With this message they have just said loudly and proudly: WE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WRITE NETWORK APPS.

Fiona Simmons said:
Who cares if there really was an Autoclicker who messed it all up ;)

Whatever the reason was. You can see at MA's reaction: They did understand the gravity of the situation. MA do understand now the call for action.

Jove said:
PE died a little more with this land grab event. If only my addiction died also :(

I agree here, I dont feel the same now :| and trying grasp at something to keep me from cashing out, all that comes to mind is bug bugs bugs missed shots, lag more bugs .... :(

Can some expert pk answer some questions please

Is it possible to have a ac set on 50/sec and at the same time defend, jump kill others...whatever you need to do so you wont get killed?

Can you turn on/off a ac without using alt-tab?

Unbelievable... its just getting worse and worse. PE going downhill for me, I'm fed up with it. No more deposits, I'll log in from time to time and will keep checking the forum, just hoping things will change.

Amanda. said:
Can some expert pk answer some questions please

Is it possible to have a ac set on 50/sec and at the same time defend, jump kill others...whatever you need to do so you wont get killed?

Can you turn on/off a ac without using alt-tab?

Eon with mod fap and soc mates fighting around claim. I was standing at the claim with imp fap trying to claim at the start. So yes it is possible.

actually, i think this was a horrible call, giving them away for free with no fighting whatsoever. And what about all other bugs that affect players during LG just as much as not beeing able to claim? no, as we have all seen so many other bugs that never gets compensated then i think this is a way to good compensation!

really really bad call MA :mad:

LOL, to blame this on Autoclickers is just incredibly lame.
I mean based on the logs and the rate of clicking the claimer per second they assume people are using autoclickers in an LG ??! Either they have access to our computers checking what programs are running in the background or this is the laziest and stupidiest excuse for the own disability to fix bugs I have ever heard.
I guess autoclickers just exist since 22th maybe 21th of February 2006 so people couldnt use them on before and make all the LG´s before a mess too.

Of course its always the particpant who is responsible for something like that and it must been an autoclicker, it cannot be that just 30-40 people around the claim clicking the claimer like mad to get it first huh ?! Someone mentioned it in his thread that they had an inner soc. competition who would get the claimer first and there were like 30 peeps trying to get the marker at once.

Well I guess they were blatantly wrong with this. It was only one or two of them the other attempts were all made by one or two others with autoclickers :rolleyes:

Such a lame excuse and some people are really believing this :eek: unbelieveable.

Back