MA's Response to LG 2006

cmon peeps, lets all take a deep breath and calm down a bit

we all need to use the rational sides of our heads instead of the emotional sides :D

bickering amongst ourselves and pointing accusations at each other is pointless and is more school playground that serious conversation

problems happen all thru life, thats kind of natural, its not the problem, but how we get over it that counts

sniping and bitching will not help anyone, not us nor MA

but if MA gave us a little more info than we had, maybe ppl wouldnt jump to conclusions as easily

Blanco said:
And as I told u before in other posts I claimed the area before u got it then I get killed and saw 2 yellow dots (team mates) in the area and before I went to revival terminal I saw it was Team Riga claim. Have wrote a support case about it but havent got any answer about that yet. Maybe they checking server loggs or something. And Im 100% shure it say Ex Cons was the owner of the area when I claimed it.

I managed to catch one part on video. This was early on before all the falx and formidons were dragged in about 30 mins into the claim

http://jove.bahq.net/images/landgrab_2006_02_25/la5.rar
5mb
xVid codec
right click save target as

SORRY for off topic

Raffaele Meiers said:
So I think it is more to compare with some goals where not there as 5 socs could not claim / shoot a goal because of this fault.

Now you say our goals where open and we won the tourmnament so why should we be punished?
Maybe you would not have won if the others could have scored the goals.

Back to Ladgrab I think if they would not have been bugged by this not possible to claim issue the landgrab would have been going on differently.

Other solution would be that only the bugged Socs and the holder of the LA's would do a rerun on the bugged claims and the other parties are prevented of mixing it up and then continue with Phase 3.

Do I understand you right Optima that even if you get your Ammo and decay spent during Phase 2 back you are against a rerun because you say we werent bugged so not our problem when the others are pissed off and struck by a Bug?

Look I cant pompete in Landgrab, my Soc is in now way capable of competing in Landgrab, with my 60K hunting skills I think I am in no way a help to any of this Socs, even If I would love to look at all the fighting.
But I think it should be run fair.
How it is at the moment all in some way looses either the community because no ammo/decay spent on Landgrap phase 3 or the Socs which where bugged and not getting the land they aimed for, or you Optima because there is no phase 3 and your soc cant get Land in this phase.

So I still think MA has to come back on their decision and think it over again.

If they do at least phase 2 again all would have a chance to prove they are the rightfull owner of the land they grabbed or the soc which where struck by the bug can prove that without the bug they would have claimed it.

If you reread my post what i actually did suggest was that the bugged areas were put "back in the pool" together with the remaining areas so the societies that were bugged, cheated, whatever got a second chance. And ok so my maradona-analogy was a bit far out, lets put it this way then.
"extremely fictive example"
You have a "tournament" where 16 of the contestants are doped and the rest are not. After all is said and done some get caught, do you still punish the ones that followed the rules and won without being doped disregarding theyre efforts on the day in question? And redo the whole thing? Nope you do not since there is always an element of chance in things like this... In a RL sporting thing it could be the daily form of the contestants, in here it could be that we got unlucky and didnt get to claim first on an area second time around. Regardless what im saying here is we did get challenged, we did fight hard for the areas we got and we did nothing wrong. Atm the ones that did wrong are not getting punished (that i know of atleast might come later?) And the ones of us that fought fair and got lucky are being asked to "lay down and take a kicking"?
I know its not easy to find a perfect solution to this and i dont doubt you know that as well. But im not gonna bend over and get our area taken away because some schmuck did something DK are in no way responsible for??

Marco|MindArk said:
I have to object to this blantant lie. Check the dates.

Sorry Marco but I dont get it someone missread the date on client loader and you manage to post replay in less than 15 minutes to something all the readers of this thread knew wasnt true but you fail to give any answer / statement or info to all the other questions problems around landgrab phase 2.

I think this is a littel bit strange... as I think there are many many more Important things to answer which are waiting 10 times longer for some words from you or MA.

Or should we start to missinterpret / missunderstand MA to get a answer?

Public relation does not stop at advertisement and as others have pointed out : It is far cheaper to hold a existing customer than to recruit a new one.

*IF* MA redid round 2..

they wouldnt have to give away 6 LA's..

and.

they could give the phase 3(free) LA's to the socs who obtained land in round 2 via the normal means..

they'd still be giving away free LA's, but less of them I believe.

All in all, whats done is done, no matter how fcked up it is. No we cant change the past, but you CAN learn from it :wise:

I dunno why you didnt pay more attn. to cKs support cases from phase 1 (okay, none of us believe them either, but its not our job ;)) Just at the very least, learn from this, fix it, and dammit dont make us wait another full year to reclaim LA 5. Bc thats right, I challenge any and all socs against us, we ARE claiming LA 5 next round, unless we are bugged again :dunce:

Amethera Demons
Calypso Conquerors
cK (Coat Killers)
Shaolin
Warants

Giving out free LA's to the above socs makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever . LG is not about who clicks the claim first, its about HOLDING IT TO THE VERY LAST SECOND. Traditionally, some of the above socs always grab land, but by no means does this guarantee that the aforementioned socs could of ,100% , held the claim. Therefore, free land, nor any amount of compensation should be awarded to those societies. "Here's some money, now SHUT UP!" is not the way MA should be dealing with their blunders. The logical solution to this would of been to STOP LG ALLTOGETHER, a la what happened at the beginning of Phase 1, and simply continue when the issues were corrected. Personally, if I were a member of the affected socs, I would be pissed off as all hell that me and my soc mates were not given the chance to PROVE OURSELVES in battle.

BTW, this would of never happened if MA took time to analyze the Phase 1 cK support tickets and resolved the problem(s). Starting Phase 2 after the initial cK claiming issues, proves that no attempts were made or..at least, the failure of spotting the very same problem that caused havoc in Phase 2.

but what happened happened.. FORWARD I SAY!!
Z.

Lets hope MA learn a little from this mess, maybe offer a different style of LG next time...
  • New LG rule: No soc can own more than one land area - period.
Can the big socs survive without 2,3 or even 4 land areas? I think so. Let the cream be taken by the big cats, the rest would be taken by the better organised socs.

Of course with the above rule it would be fun to see if the uber socs clashed for one area or made a gentlemen's agreement before hand ;)

Lets put some fun back into this game!

Stryker said:
All in all, whats done is done, no matter how fcked up it is. No we cant change the past, but you CAN learn from it :wise:

I dunno why you didnt pay more attn. to cKs support cases from phase 1 (okay, none of us believe them either, but its not our job ;)) Just at the very least, learn from this, fix it, and dammit dont make us wait another full year to reclaim LA 5. Bc thats right, I challenge any and all socs against us, we ARE claiming LA 5 next round, unless we are bugged again :dunce:

what you mean? If you dont claim LA5 you are bugged ? :rolleyes:

zasha said:
Traditionally, some of the above socs always grab land, but by no means does this guarantee that the aforementioned socs could of ,100% , held the claim.

Quite true. Not saying that these soc's wouldnt of held on till the last minute, as they most likely would have. This seems to say, no reason to have LG's anymore just give them to the top ranked soc's becasue they would win them anyway.

Edit: Though the role of the LG seems more to decide which soc's get which LA's

Last edited:
Kidugly said:
what you mean? If you dont claim LA5 you are bugged ? :rolleyes:

Exactly what im saying, no way another will be able to get it from us

And Zasha said it perfectly, in each of her points.

Brings up an interesting solution.... since MA cant rightly take LA's from Soc's that now own them..and has decided to award the effected Soc's LA's...then why not let them fight over which one they get? rather than randomly handing them out.

edit: maybe let em all lose in a CND dome with a few Mods and play Last Soc Standing... everyone wins, last soc standing gets 1st pick, and so on down the line.

Fine by us, we would MUCH rather fight for the remaining lands, rather than get the short end of the stick, winding up with some crap LA

MadMikeHoare said:
Also I remember a guy from BAHQ standing there auto-clicking right in front of the marker when LG started.
Honestly, so stay with the truth and admit you cheatet.
This is pure flamming dude!

I agree that it would be better to earn a land than to get it randomly :tongue2:
And i still dont get the idea how were these soc's affected by others using auto clickers :confused: they couldn't claim the land?

The response is really so much incredible that it seems illogical.
The “problem” with auto clickers has been around for ages (was there anything done with people doing it at the Oil Rig, or anywhere else?) It was included in EULA, meaning MA had known about it for a long time. And it’s only now that the problem will be followed up for resolution? How many avatars were warned or locked for such activity I wonder…

The response simply falls short of MA admitting that their servers could not handle the load and it’s their own fault and they offer retribution.

It was a good response. But was anyone’s account locked out based on the same Log file records that proved avatar’s spoiling the event?

If no one was locked out at least temporarily for sending 50 clicks per second, then I can hardly believe such response.

It is a simple fix and it could had been done long time ago with a spoofing filter to disallow accepting a new command faster than, say 0.5 sec per command, implemented on a client side… There would be no chance of someone sending a command to the server 50 times per second as it was reported by the logs…

How could someone send 50 commands per second to the server when the internet connection delay is slower?
It means that someone had an incredible Internet connection that takes only 20ms to reach MA servers and it was a constant 20ms without pauses or delays?
Such speeds could be achieved only when connected on LAN (Local Area Network), and very hardly through Internet to the heavily used server from a heavily used workstation…

Internet delay below 150-200ms is generally considered OK for gaming (read 5-7 clicks per second) but to have 20ms when hundreds of other active participants connecting to the same server? This is unbelievable!

Even though it was out of line incredibly and unbelievably generous to offer a land for “no fault from MA side” but sorry it is hard to buy it…

If the auto-clickers are used, it means they save time and finger strain when doing tedious and boring tasks and they help players to enjoy the PE more.
Why not to include the auto-clicker functionality for some selectable tasks, like manufacturing or mining and do it through the hot keys within PE interface?

Make it controlled and legal for selected tasks and put spoofing filters into the client and there would be no reason or benefit to use third-party software to automate repetitive actions…

sstouk said:
The response is really so much incredible that it seems illogical.
The “problem” with auto clickers has been around for ages (was there anything done with people doing it at the Oil Rig, or anywhere else?) It was included in EULA, meaning MA had known about it for a long time. And it’s only now that the problem will be followed up for resolution? How many avatars were warned or locked for such activity I wonder…

The response simply falls short of MA admitting that their servers could not handle the load and it’s their own fault and they offer retribution.

It was a good response. But was anyone’s account locked out based on the same Log file records that proved avatar’s spoiling the event?

If no one was locked out at least temporarily for sending 50 clicks per second, then I can hardly believe such response.

It is a simple fix and it could had been done long time ago with a spoofing filter to disallow accepting a new command faster than, say 0.5 sec per command, implemented on a client side… There would be no chance of someone sending a command to the server 50 times per second as it was reported by the logs…

How could someone send 50 commands per second to the server when the internet connection delay is slower?
It means that someone had an incredible Internet connection that takes only 20ms to reach MA servers and it was a constant 20ms without pauses or delays?
Such speeds could be achieved only when connected on LAN (Local Area Network), and very hardly through Internet to the heavily used server from a heavily used workstation…

Internet delay below 150-200ms is generally considered OK for gaming (read 5-7 clicks per second) but to have 20ms when hundreds of other active participants connecting to the same server? This is unbelievable!

Even though it was out of line incredibly and unbelievably generous to offer a land for “no fault from MA side” but sorry it is hard to buy it…

If the auto-clickers are used, it means they save time and finger strain when doing tedious and boring tasks and they help players to enjoy the PE more.
Why not to include the auto-clicker functionality for some selectable tasks, like manufacturing or mining and do it through the hot keys within PE interface?

Make it controlled and legal for selected tasks and put spoofing filters into the client and there would be no reason or benefit to use third-party software to automate repetitive actions…

Tcp/Ip is built on stacks or queues. U schedule packet sendig via STREAM or DATAGRAM and it is sent when possible. However, I belive PE use datagrams, meaning that some of the traffic is lost at congestions (not particulary important). U click at 20 ms rate, packets are scheduled every 20 ms and sent when possible, if traffic between u and MA is not congested, possible at 20ms each. Pachets arrive at MA, they are processed and eventually MA sends and answer.

Nostrop said:
Let me explain.
try to forget for a sec all other LG issues and return to phase 1. Lag, rubberbanding and all that crap started AT LEAST 30 mins BEFORE originally set time. At least that was what we expirienced @LA2. And then we got announcemnt that due to some problems LG postponed bla-bla. So I think that all "autoclicker lag" is total BS. MA just found some reason to blame some players in own mistakes.
And they made a very wise step - now everyone thiking that Riga team were using autoclickers, we got 3 good lands, we cheated bla-bla. And noone actually try to figure out what happened.
So let me say a few words from our point of view:
-from information I have in my possesion none of Riga tema members were using autoclickers during LG. I couldn't log in due to megalag, Morse and Honorman were both near revival. And HunterZ, who was only team member possible to move around and was near claim swear he wasn't using autoclicker. I know this dude for many years and i believe him.
-so I have no idea what happened during claiming process and I call all insults from anyone about us cheating total bullshit untill MA make public any proove that we did.

For LG phase 2 we hopefully don't have any problems. Exept that we kicked Ex-cons's asses 2 times lol (with invaluable help from our friends and not-so friends:)) And basically this is reason for them bitching around forum.

Have a good day everyone

best regards,
Nostrop

Wow, you have an "interesting" way of distorting the facts...

"Max Ziepniks was caught in one position away from claim for some 30 mins..."

:laugh: OMG. Yeah, he was "caught" standing around the RT, killing Ex Cons. :rolleyes:

"Morse and Honorman were both near revival..."

Yup, and guess what Honorman was doing there (see above). :rolleyes:

I can't publicly accuse you of using autoclickers because I don't have access to the server logs to verify.

"For LG phase 2 we hopefully don't have any problems. Exept that we kicked Ex-cons's asses 2 times lol (with invaluable help from our friends and not-so friends:)) And basically this is reason for them bitching around forum."

Let's see, you (Riga team) had help from shitloads of M2S, and members from CC, Shaolin, and a few other top 10-15 societies, all up against a few Warants, Rony and 1 or 2 others from BAHQ (and a few others on both sides); so basically we were *severely* outnumbered, you were RT killing us (both Riga and M2S) and it *still* took you three and a half hours to get our #26 ranked asses off the land when we had only 5 people left, and *then* it was only because the claim tower ignored Blanco's clicking on it (could that be due to overload by an autoclicker? hmmmm). Oh yeah, you kicked our asses. :rolleyes:

So basically we got screwed because of RT killing and the claim rod not working like it should have. That's why we're complaining. If we had been beaten fairly we would quietly accept defeat.

Back