Coloring?

khaos

Alpha
Society
Church Of Lootius
Simon Khaos Verbeke
I'm a fairly new player, looking to make a good investment.
My hours to play are a bit weird sometimes, so real trading might be hard for me.
So i was thinking, why not start a coloring shop?
Is it profitable to do coloring and texturing?
I know it might be hard to find customers, but with some promos it might be doable.
If i become a colorer/texturer, are there things i should know?
What budget should i be looking for?
Can i make some money to buy ammo in-game?

K.

PS. I couldn't find where it fit, so excuse me if this is the wrong subforum

Coloring is probably the most expensive profession you could choose. There are very few high end colorers who can do colors like red and black. Infact there may only be about 3 in game. So if you can afford to invest the thousands of dollars required to buy the skills, then you may be able to make a bit of profit from coloring. But you would have to ask the high end colorers if they make a profit.

If you happen to choose this as your profession, best of luck since I hear it's quite an expensive profession to go into.

Apparently not a good choice :)

Thanks for the advice!

The sad fact is that its pretty hard to get in to /any/ profession.

For instance, I had high hopes that when enhancements and tiering came out it would be a new field that that people could get in to, with everyone starting on an even playing field, but it wasn't. The few uber skilled crafters (Buzz, Auktuma, etc) and the all around super uber skilled people (Star, Avery, etc) start with a huge headstart above others making it pretty much a losing proposition to get into it.

Hopefully MA/FPC will come to their senses and realize that new players (and even those of us playing almost 4 years) need a lower barrier of entry into new professions if they are going to have a chance to get started.

For instance, I had high hopes that when enhancements and tiering came out it would be a new field that that people could get in to, with everyone starting on an even playing field, but it wasn't. The few uber skilled crafters (Buzz, Auktuma, etc) and the all around super uber skilled people (Star, Avery, etc) start with a huge headstart above others making it pretty much a losing proposition to get into it.

Hopefully MA/FPC will come to their senses and realize that new players (and even those of us playing almost 4 years) need a lower barrier of entry into new professions if they are going to have a chance to get started.

I often feel that "old" skills is a to big components when new professions is added, they should make the new skills like manufature enhancers be more important when calculating the profession level to make it easier for new players haveing a chance on new professions.

And yes, coloring i guess is the hardest profession to get anywhere in.

Beside sarah and me (sarah dont play , i play very rarely) , all other colorer texturer are fairly new to game...The top 3 or 4 colorer , are "new" player...Its people who are dedicated and take time and money to go up...

Why the top stay the same ?

Because many people keep reapeting its impossible to go up and discorage new player...
It is possible to go to the top , but it take patience and dedication.

It IS possible to do well in coloring, it just takes a decently large investment in time and money. If you stick it out though you can probably make some really nice money because there won't be a lot of competition. :)

Coloring is probably the most expensive profession you could choose. There are very few high end colorers who can do colors like red and black. Infact there may only be about 3 in game. So if you can afford to invest the thousands of dollars required to buy the skills, then you may be able to make a bit of profit from coloring. But you would have to ask the high end colorers if they make a profit.

What he said.

Sorry mate.

Beside sarah and me (sarah dont play , i play very rarely) , all other colorer texturer are fairly new to game...The top 3 or 4 colorer , are "new" player...Its people who are dedicated and take time and money to go up...

Why the top stay the same ?

Because many people keep reapeting its impossible to go up and discorage new player...
It is possible to go to the top , but it take patience and dedication.

Summer is pretty skilled.. :scratch2:

Summer is pretty skilled.. :scratch2:

guess that means she is fairly new and one of those who are dedicated and take time and money to go up. ;)

seems I am "fairly new to the game" ... dunno how many years you have to be in here to be not new anymore? ;););) (started Feb 2006) ;)

guess that means she is fairly new and one of those who are dedicated and take time and money to go up. ;)

seems I am "fairly new to the game" ... dunno how many years you have to be in here to be not new anymore? ;););) (started Feb 2006) ;)

Haha too true! :D

So how do I start colouring

What tools do I need. Basic materials to start off. I am getting paint in loot, can I use that

My point is , anyone can spend time , money , dedication and get to uber lvl without beeing beta , or gold player , like everyone love to claim...

look, you played 4 year , summer i guess even less , and you both are in top of coloring and texturing.
You both came after skill change , and after the old time where people was cheating to get skill...
Still you are in top.

Yes its hard to get there , but it can not be easy..beeing at the top mean beeing the best...

I just think its unfair , and a lie , to say to every noob that want to do something in entropia " dont even try , it is total impossible , you have to be here at beta 10 years ago"...

What tools do I need. Basic materials to start off. I am getting paint in loot, can I use that

for coloring you need at least one item that is customizable (a book or pants , curtains whatever you like) plus a colorator and probably a color bleacher addon that you slap on the colorator like an amp

then you need paints lots of paints

color the item, bleach, color, bleach , color - have fun :painter:

for textures you can use the same item, just need a texurizer tool and texture bleacher addon.. do same procedure with textures.. :cool:

My point is , anyone can spend time , money , dedication and get to uber lvl without beeing beta , or gold player , like everyone love to claim...

look, you played 4 year , summer i guess even less , and you both are in top of coloring and texturing. You both came after skill change , and after the old time where people was cheating to get skill...
Still you are in top.

Yes its hard to get there , but it can not be easy..beeing at the top mean beeing the best...

I just think its unfair , and a lie , to say to every noob that want to do something in entropia " dont even try , it is total impossible , you have to be here at beta 10 years ago"...

Yeah thats true. Lots of ppl tried to talk me out of it when I started. :ahh:

And no worries Etopia I just found it amusing to be still "new" :cool:

Not only Summer and me, also you - I think - started to color after the skill change if I remember correctly :)

haha, dont need to talk to anyone out, I will always use your service leeloo :)

When I skilled up I skilled on cheap paints (~105%) and chipped in between the SIB's. I was also a bit lucky to be skilling during the 3x and 2x skillgain events, which will probably never come back...

Once you have invested a lot of money into the skills, it is almost impossible not to profit. The big question is, is it worth it to dump thousands of $ to make a few?

Good luck!

When I skilled up I skilled on cheap paints (~105%) and chipped in between the SIB's. I was also a bit lucky to be skilling during the 3x and 2x skillgain events, which will probably never come back...

Once you have invested a lot of money into the skills, it is almost impossible not to profit. The big question is, is it worth it to dump thousands of $ to make a few?

Good luck!

and.. the time you consume to make those few ..:laugh:

hunting...

If you really want to get in to it, why not figure out which paints you can do at your level, then go hunt the heck out of those mobs that provide em. I think orange is a starter paint, so sabakumba beware!

Well I guess I could still be considered "new" in EU and I do remember in my first week in I was coloring stuff for myself...but then was discouraged that it's a waste of time and peds.

Was a year later that I really started coloring and texturing with a goal to reach top 3 in both. And I did...but it did took a lot of time in skilling and peds in materials.

In my opinion and as my case and Leeloo's (but Leeloo has been here longer than me) shows even a "new" player can reach high goals in EU if they have enough love for the profession and dedication for your goal - you can make it. :)

Well back to my vacations ;)

All I can say... for a new colorer on the rise it takes ALOT of paint, alot of time, alot of PED... But in the end is it worth it to make a few PED? Who knows.... I enjoy doing it though and that's all that matters to me :D

I've been coloring for about 9 months now and slowly ever so slowly I'm starting to unlock new colors.

Yes, how about creating a use for all those lvl 1 items besides just dumping them in TT. Good for low level crafters and not worth the time of the higher levels.

I see this problem in every game. All the low level stuff is just useless grind items to skill up on. Only the high level stuff is of any use or interrest to anyone.

I'm glad you posted this, I was thinking about going into coloring, but after reading this I think I will pick something else.

You need a colorer tool, see auction, tool section, design section. You can need too a bleacher, that is attachment for add to colorer tool if you want delete color from item you paint and try another time.

You can color clothes, furniture, and i think some books (tecnician npc material). You can craft items you want paint or buy them.

Color orange is for level 0, blue for level 1, yellow level 2, olive level 3, blue steel level 5.

You can have a list of color and level here at entropiaforum.

I have little move 3 years ingame, only do coloring sometimes when craft clothes, and i am almost for hit level 4.

So is a thing taking you a lot time and money. Perhaps you can save some time, but that cost you more money.

Good luck.

Back