Balance my ass

Lif3bring3r

Guardian
Society
Rising Potentials
Michael Lif3bring3r Johnson
WARNING: This is a whining thread. If you don't like those, read no further.
I heavily generalise the term *noob*, so please, no need to feel offended.

I've been keeping up with the idiocy of the loot system for a very long time. Of course all other players (that are still active) did too, so you know what I mean. But I'm writing this post in hopes that some MA official browsing EF will notice it and take some time to read.

I was camping fresco for the past month, as many of you know. I did it, because it was obvious from a short analysis using entropiatracker, that there will be several uber loots on fresco in a short time. So yes, same as on chompers, I was chasing those uber loots. And with same fruitless results.
After today's 25k ped fresco my hands dropped yet again, and the air left me like a punctured tyre.

I did some calcs on my hunting returns. 252k ped burnt last month on fresco, 830 ped loss (after markup). Over 1 million ped burnt since the CE2 implementation, and the balance is round ZERO, after markup. And there was plenty of markup, since I hunt mobs that drop good items. Hundreds of L guns with 150-200% mu, small ESIs, big ESIs, even oils, wools and components. I don't tt anything I can stack up and sell at auction, squeezing the max value for my loots. It includes even 3 uber SGA armor parts (2 Eon and 1 Sentinel), without which I would suffer heavy losses.

So there you go, all of you who are jealous about all the globals and hofs I get - I have wasted 7 last months of my life, for no gain except some skills, which are worth less and less each day. And I'm ashamed of myself. With so much determination and ambition I have, I should have pursued a real life career, and not play this game. Game, that is clearly gambling. Even worse - rigged gambling.

Oh, it's not, really? Then why so many big hunters camping a mob watch in sadness and disappointment, how a casual hunter comes, killes a handful and gets an uber loot, while they were working their ass off for weeks, with no results? It looks as if the more mobs one kills, the lesser his chance of getting an uber. Because he's already hooked on, so no need to motivate him further, right? So lets give the uber to a noob, to hook him on, and to make another bunch of noobs dream about the same, so they too start gambling?

And the uber SGA loots, that were only possible after they were implemented. So many people camped mobs from the clues that were given at the beginning, killed countless thousands, only to see someone kill a few after a new version update and get the item. Not to mention those lucky players who get 2, 3 or sometimes even more 10k ped + loots in a short period of time, even though their ped turnover is 10 times smaller than that of the biggest players. Is there a better proof neccessary to show that the game is rigged?!

But I was stupid, didn't have strong character enough to keep doing an honest job irl, and dreamt of easy money instead. Sure many people play EU for fun, but as many play in hopes of getting rich.

So here we are, after countless disappointments, not just loot, but also events (total failure of SGA and Marry Mayhem rules). Many whining threads of big players had an effect in the past, so I'm writing my own hoping something will change very soon.

If it doesn't, MA will lose the currently biggest hunter in EU.

My best regards to all those who do their job well, may the sun shine upon you,
and to all players having fun in EU, may it never stop,
Lif3bring3r

aw

Yea I know the feeling... the only thing that is balanced is their bank account :d

Anyways, if you search love you will not find it, if you go with the flow it will struck upon you. Maybe it is the same with loot

btw: balance my ass? no ty! DIY.

850 Peds last 1-2weeks for me = aprox 15h :rolleyes:

someone is going to get an ubber pretty soon ...

If that happens, f**k u MA, FPC, Marco, David and the rest

So you cycled 1 million peds and broke even, and you are complaining? :scratch2: I camped ambulimax for over a year and never even got an uber loot. I lost 20k peds (not cycled) during SGA and never looted a single SGA item. So, I don't really feel sorry for you because you guessed which mob was going to drop a big loot and you didn't get it. You probably need to emo rage yourself over to a different game if you can't stand the thought of breaking even. Because when you start losing money, you will be in big trouble. :lolup:

I know the feeling, I camped space, scipulors, chompers, fresco etc etc for months at each mob only to see all uberloots drop next to me usually to people hunting way less or just trolling along, but not to your extent since I simply dont have the time due to RL. Seems the only way to hit an ATH is by lootchasing or being an extremely lucky person, theres no skill to it.

But as you write it seems the more determined you hunt the less likely it is you hit the big one. In my experience it seems the longer I camp a certain mob the closer I will get to breakeven overall at the cost of any chance of a loot over 10k. If I camp and loose 5k in a week I will in the end get it back to reach breakeven. So the only gain of longterm camping for me is skills.

I realized this years ago and its the main reason I dont play near as much as I used to, now I camp to gain free melee skills and I dont expect anything lootwise..is this reason enough to spent a major part of my life in EU..im not so sure anymore. My goal isnt to gain skills to sell, its to have fun, be suprised by new items, hunt new mobs etc etc..for any online game to survive it needs a steady flow of new content which MA/FPC is been failing epicly to provide since the start. Yes theres new content but the pace and quality its being introduced is just not enough to keep the community happy.

I just understand your feelings of dissapointment.. I have never hunted continuosly like you.. But i had my HC months where i was in top 100 on tracker and i think i hitted far better positions when tracker was not available (this means i hunted my ass off when i had the time)... And i was so many times close to hit that fucking loot.. And it every time slipped away..

Im already playing few years, and these periods happened now and then.. Anyway when i compare us.. You are out with few uber items, you balance is 0, but you profited some skills dont you?

I have turned more then you when i count my HC months together.. But i lost and a lot in compare what is normaly here in czech republic affordable.

We can say we are both pretty unlucky.. But the result is that i gave to EU even more then you, but breaked down to longer period.

But your balance is 0 + skills, and mine is deep minus :(

Just say to yourself you are unlucky and be glad about your end balance.. ok?

We all dream of making a living inside EU but you actually demand to do so ? Or am I understanding you wrong?
Its entertainment with a certain chance to make some money...nothing else. If you thought spending all that time shooting mobs would grant you riches I guess you just thought wrong.

sry...

Wait... if understanding this right, you say it is better to get one BIG loot (and possible loss) than breaking even with many smaller loots? :scratch2:

Getting even (without skill) is not something to sneeze at in my book; however, it does sadden me to see that no matter if you spend 1mil PED or 1k PED, return is the same.

It looks like without the "luck" factor (or reselling), there is no way in making any money. I never dreamed of making a living out of EU, and all I'm looking for is to hit a HOF for a few K PEDS which will keep me going for months without depo. It never happened, although I can't complain too much, since like I said, getting even is OK in my book.

However, I can't stop thinking about what would be my goal: to get skilled enough to hunt bigger mobs? And to get exact same bottom line as I have now?

And that is why I have downscaled my gameplay immensly over the last 3 years. Early 2007 I decided to sell my best Armor/Fap/Gun and take quite a sum out of the game. After that I have been depositing on and off, but not the large sums of the past anymore.
Since the 20th of October 2009 I haven't deposited a dime anymore. Playing from what I earn with a bit of trading and selling off unused items. Scraping the ped together to have my fun every now and then, skilling a bit here, teamhunting a bit there.

Back in 2004/2005 I dreamt of earning money from this game as well. But I always have had an "unlucky" avatar. Some people don't believe they exist others know for sure. I am in the last category.
Years of hardcore hunting, eventually with almost full Shadow, Adj Fap and iFF8k/MK-V ME (no rubbish at all) didn't bring me more then a handfull of 1000-2400 ped HoFs; no match for the costs involved. Seeing other players in my FL login way less then I did, but Hoffing/globalling all the time when they were online made me believe that my avatar was unlucky.

Since I sold of my uber gear, cut down on deposits and even withdrew, don't let PE influence my RL rythme anymore and just enjoy what I am doing when I am doing it and have time for it made my experience of this "RCE" much better.

Reading this MA?! I hope so, since you lost a well paying customer here who now truly is enjoying this online "RCE" Universe for FREE. Just the way you advertise it... :lolup:

Get a job for money and play games for fun.
Unless your a "chosen one" you will never profit consistently in EU. There is no secrete.
For every person that profits, many will lose their ass, that's the balance, that's the reality.
Have fun in EU or get an Xbox:beerchug:

roughly the same here as kemp's

a few years back depo heavy
even a few wire transfers 15k$-20k$
but took out alot of money also
then i decide no more money in game

last 2 years no more depo just skilling mining
doing ok now
making steady profit

I still haven't hit a loot with a TT over 2k peds in my 7 years of playing, but at least I'm having fun with my EU experience. Take a break and come back when you can enjoy it.

It seemes that you should not camp a mob then. Jump around kill a few here and there. Goto Neverdie goto Crystal come back to Good old Eudora kill some bots kill some troxs.

To the OP... your writeup should bring you a nice uber now.... write ups like that have in the past for others... And if/when it does I'm next on the list to post a whine thread about my lack of profits so I can get my big HoF :yay:

I know the feeling of hunting like crazy only to watch other far less active players hitting the big hofs, and i've felt in a similar way to you now. But then I look at others who have succesfully camped a mob and pulled of the big uber or U weap.

I feel for you, but during a camping session you're almost certain to watch others walk away with a big prize.

I hope you that this helps you realize that you can't make a living out of being a hunter in EU these days. Only LA owners and heavy resellers can make a "stable" income that can be potentially big enough to make a living out of it.

Even if you had gotten that uberloot of 25k what income would that have been for you? 2.5k US$ in 7 months? 360 US$ a month? Seriously mate.. you can do so much better than that with a real job.

Get yourself a job and start seeing EU as what it should be in the first place. A game for your entertainment. Don't waste your life hoping you can live from shooting bugs made out of pixels.

So there you go, all of you who are jealous about all the globals and hofs I get - I have wasted 7 last months of my life, for no gain except some skills, which are worth less and less each day. And I'm ashamed of myself. With so much determination and ambition I have, I should have pursued a real life career, and not play this game. Game, that is clearly gambling. Even worse - rigged gambling.

You put some nice words above, I kept the essence ;)

Basically you want to live from a game and you feel frustrated you can't do it, well, IMHO it should not be the case, because if you can live from here it means that other players should pay you to play, and if more people like you join, Entropia become what it is today!(something you don't like)

I played Entropia for few years now and I see it transforming every year, and it doesn't getting better!

Regarding camping "issue": I understand you feel is not right, but if camping would guarantee you getting the uber loot everybody would camp!
I guess you know that in a competition is only one winner... campers have a bigger chance to get that big loot as casual hunter, but 10-15 casual hunters have a bigger chance to get that loot that any other uber hunter, maybe you had 1% chance, but it is still small...

Get a real life job, play for fun, game will be more fun and cheap if people would do so.

PS:There are few others "big hunters" that failed playing Entropia.

Reading this MA?! I hope so, since you lost a well paying customer here who now truly is enjoying this online "RCE" Universe for FREE. Just the way you advertise it... :lolup:

Add me to this list. Withdrew in june or juli last year, no more deposits from me.

I am still dumb enough to hope things will change though :D

I did some calcs on my hunting returns. 252k ped burnt last month on fresco, 830 ped loss (after markup). Over 1 million ped burnt since the CE2 implementation, and the balance is round ZERO, after markup. And there was plenty of markup, since I hunt mobs that drop good items. Hundreds of L guns with 150-200% mu, small ESIs, big ESIs, even oils, wools and components. I don't tt anything I can stack up and sell at auction, squeezing the max value for my loots. It includes even 3 uber SGA armor parts (2 Eon and 1 Sentinel), without which I would suffer heavy losses.

So you've done better than almost everyone else in EU.

Well done :)

So there you go, all of you who are jealous about all the globals and hofs I get - I have wasted 7 last months of my life, for no gain except some skills, which are worth less and less each day.

If you don't feel your skills have any value, I would question why you bother hunting at all. You've spent all this time skilling like a madman up to Commando and beyond, yet you don't seem to see the value of that.

Makes me wonder why you started in the first place.

yep,i know the feeling,i skilled naturally to level 7.6...and ive never hit an loot over 9k,hence why i chipped out

Without the intention to offend anyone. Maybe it would be better for that game it wouldn't be possible to make money at all. But when that would be the case for many players the reason to play would also be gone. And who would pay such proces for any XYZ Uber item which were payed in the past ?

But it seems from year to year more turns out it will be much harder to gain and more likely to lose. Considering break even as lucky ( Though i can see your pain ) Many are heavily loosing. ( nothing that should happen in that amounts in a video game ). Even on small levels loosing became common it seems no matter if you go out with Opalo,P5a,Apis... the question remains: why is that so ?

Just a few weird thoughts

That sucks man :(

You've had sick global spamming but no big loots, and some people are just luckier then other... And if you check this guy (Not shaming or anything here) you know what i mean.

http://www.entropiatracker.com/player.asp?mode=viewPlayer&PlayerID=120573

Largest Loot: 23,090 PED
Total Loot: 25,811 PED

Largest Find: 1,456 PED
Total Finds: 2,012 PED

I wished either me or my wife would have half the loot after one year playing. ( No not the single loot, just talking about the total amount ). We killed thousands of mobs, while my Ava is not so developed, her is on Coolness, Agi 62 and she's not hunting sabas. Seems the system doesn't give rewards, just hooks up random Noob 123. So before i post even more bad vibes let's find out if other planets are shitty as well, if yes hmm...

All you do is raising the chance of hitting that uber, its not like its yours.

other people globals on fresco ~150times a day
lif3bringer globals ~20times a day

Do the math yourself

Just cause you were buying the most lottery tickets, doesnt mean you will win, its not rigged, its how its supposed to be.

yep,i know the feeling,i skilled naturally to level 7.6...and ive never hit an loot over 9k,hence why i chipped out

Right, UL CB24 in a loot oubviously is worth only tt and all those bear shins you bragged about looting had only tt value as well.

I totally understand how you are feeling Life..

I have nowhere near your hunting stats, I do not burn that much peds etc, I am more of a casual player... But when I see the ubers of totally random people I actually get frustrated as well.. I think it is exactly what you say, ubers to "casual" players to get them even more hooked or addicted or w/e....

I feel sorry for you and all the other players who spends years and tons of cash and never gets the ubers back, only get the "peds spent" or similar back... For once or so ppl should rly get a huge loot if they try that hard....

MA is so terrible/sad..

Hope they after reading this they change the f*cking loot system

Back