FYI: Time for FPC to reclaim the abandoned apartments

but what about the repo men, if u dont pay a certain amount of payments they come to take it away ahaha

My 2 pec

If accounts are no longer active then by all means FPC should reclaim them, but i dont think the fact that i havent paid the fee on my apt in probably 18 months means i no longer have the right to it.

cc

I might be wrong but i think the idea behind apartments was a source of income for the game, so the fees were to be part of the loot pool.The idea that people that bought apts can just set on them without paying the fees that should be forthcomming seems a drain on the game.FPC needs to treat apts the same as real world property no acess fee but if its an apartment rent of if its owned(condo)taxes and or insurance.Those that dont want to pay sell it or get forclosed.

I might be wrong but i think the idea behind apartments was a source of income for the game, so the fees were to be part of the loot pool.The idea that people that bought apts can just set on them without paying the fees that should be forthcomming seems a drain on the game.FPC needs to treat apts the same as real world property no acess fee but if its an apartment rent of if its owned(condo)taxes and or insurance.Those that dont want to pay sell it or get forclosed.

Still the problem is not unpayed fees. The problem is to make the apartments to something that you use and pay the fee with joy.

I remember pre VU9 when people actually bought furniture, had parties, etc in there apartments. Now there is not much things happening.

meh people playing the system, have to avoid fees to profit. and the fees are needed to provide loot. and the loot needs to be sold. but people dont want to pay the fee's so less loot is dropped.

Seriously. I tend to take the republican approch to this problem. Lower the fee's that need to be paid. the result always ends up as higher economic activity. And when there is more economic activity those small fee's that do get paid end up being more than the big fee's.

how this relates to the housing? Well for a start your dealing with a 0 TT value item. pretty much the fee that needs to be paid on that is a whole lot. As far as the Maitnance fee an Estate Flipper isnt going to pay the fee. but he will try to resell it. they still end up paying some kind of fee into the system.

But if the market says that housing is on the decline. well good luck on them losing money. creating a lack of housing for everyone else. And This creates added demand for cheap housing. or even any housing. It ends up creating a that underwater feeling. And it drags everything along with it.

The Solution to maintain a steady supply is to have an entity take away these unused abodes. BUT.....

There has to be a fair way to determine who gets their stuff taken and who doesnt. And i hate to say it but there might need to be a added Fee.

This Fee would be Way cheaper than the maitnance fee paid to use the Home. But this Fee would prevent Forclosure of the property.

VF your right this isnt China. But god damn The rich have no problems taking money from the poor. in the form of increased mark-ups. and reduced wages. i could go on and on. but i am sure we would debate forever.

Just in closing. They might need to think about forclosing on some of the propertys. but make it fair. and not expencive to do so. but still have investment property have a small money flow into the system. then again Do we really need more fee's in the pursuit of Profits and Fun?

Lower the fee's that need to be paid.

As an apartment owner I would like that, but honestly it does just not change the fact that the system is broken.
Decorating is not fun at the moment and having parties and face to face meetings ingame is not a very satisfying experience right now.

So no matter how low the fee, when it is not much better than the PM chatbox or soc chat, then nobody will use apts.

The fees will be paid when using apts makes sense again.

I would find it very amusing to see how many of the ones requiring owners to pay their fees actually own a property. Cause the owners payed already 300-2.5k ped for an apartment with a "real" value of 1 pec. How many of you have payed even 100 ped for a container ? Cause that's what an apartment is nowadays. A container that allows walking in it.
This type of thread is even more pathetic than those complaining of breaking even instead of profiting after weekly flows of 100k's. Start using something else than p5 an h400 or of105 or whatever "super-dooper-eco" formula when you can easily afford it , something closer to your skill levels and you'll feed the server a bit. There's an ocean of p5a users living from the higher decays payed by the higher rollers ... I hate hearing complaints from this category but even more, I hate hearing suggestions on how things should be set to "the greater good".

PS: from my point of view , at least 50% of the p5a users have skills for hl11+ and at least 50% of the apis users have skills for cb26+ but are "keeping it eco" to "honestly earn" the difference till the average eco.

They should switch to the add on approach, start off with an apartment thats completely fee less then enable additional features such as music, small shopping area (10 items or so) for an additional fee each month. Fail to pay the fee and the features get turned off.

This way people would have a use for their apartments rather than just the storage box most people use them for.

This would also mean the booths and shops in the apartment blocks might get some traffic.

But lets face it, there's almost no chance this will happen, they're more interested in selling features for huge amounts. Paying for a permanent feature means I'm less likely to sell or trade up my apartment, renting features allows me to move on if I want.

Its like the tp's for the LA owners. Every LA should have got a TP but it was upto the LA owner to pay for enabling it that month on their marker i.e. payment isn't made you can't tp to that LA but can from it.

Last edited:
Decorating is not fun at the moment and having parties and face to face meetings ingame is not a very satisfying experience right now.

Is there a decorating issue? You've mentioned this a couple times now, I may have missed some other threads discussing the problem.
(search didn't show anything)

I'm just curious, because there are no major issues in my estates, other than a couple of little items that sort of currently split through the floor (or table) when placed. I just didn't use those items, everything else works fine for me.

Is there a decorating issue? You've mentioned this a couple times now, I may have missed some other threads discussing the problem.
(search didn't show anything)

I'm just curious, because there are no major issues in my estates, other than a couple of little items that sort of currently split through the floor (or table) when placed. I just didn't use those items, everything else works fine for me.

Last time I tried the Nallo lamps I use nearly gave no light, is that fixed?
Every few weeks I look at some apartments that are open for visit,
but nothing looks great so I was not enticed to try and decorate mine again.
Also as silly as it is I really miss the talking noise and facial expressions, since these are missing my desire to virtually meet people face to face nearly died.
Will take a look at some apts again to see how it is now.

Last time I tried the Nallo lamps I use nearly gave no light, is that fixed?
Every few weeks I look at some apartments that are open for visit,
but nothing looks great so I was not enticed to try and decorate mine again.
Also as silly as it is I really miss the talking noise and facial expressions, since these are missing my desire to virtually meet people face to face nearly died.
Will take a look at some apts again to see how it is now.

The Nallo Ceiling lamps work well, yes.. almost too well!!! One will light up an entire apartment if well placed. However, the other forms of lighting that I have tried throw a minimal amount of light, so it is a tad difficult to balance lighting.

One of my apts (Sakura City, Kansha 12A) is public, the other one I have in Kansha will be open as of tomorrow evening. I am pretty sure I left the ceiling lamp on in 12A, I'll be sure to put it on in about 8 hours when I log on if you want to stop by to take a look.

Okay so I looked at stuff in apartments again and learnt that playing around with the shader detail setting has an immense effect.

At high and very high the light intensity is quite okay (maybe a bit much but okay), whereas on medium and below its really really intense, so much that in a room with 5 Nallo lamps you can't even distinguish colors.

So the system itself seems to be working now, sadly all the old fun bugs that enabled one to make floating stuff and stuff pasted on walls without panels are fixed.
Still we have some new furniture to play with...
in a nutshell this means for me:
- bring back facial expressions
- make interacting with other players more interesting again, like with the talking sound one made while chatting
- let us sit and lie on the ground again
- fix the light so it does not glare so much on medium and below

Then I probably give it a shot to make a neat apt again, as good as it feels to know one can (probably) make something good now it would be like decorating a fishtank which will never be used.

Well I hope for the best, maybe even that crazy party mood of 2007 will get revived... hopefully still in 2010 :)

The problem is people bouth those flat...
If MA take them back its stealing...

if i have a weapon that i didnt use since years in my storage , should MA take them back because i dont decay them often enought ?

yea exactly.

Why should i loose PED.

You say sell for inflated prices? do you know how much we paid for them from Marcus Calander? Cause from what i've seen on auction you can't sell them for what you paid for them from MA/FPC.

So people like me are sitting here waiting until price goes back up so we don't LOOSE ped on our investment into them.

So people like me are sitting here waiting until price goes back up so we don't LOOSE ped on our investment into them.
Eventually, in a few years, that might happen, because of supply/demand and the fact that there are only so many estate deeds that exist.

Up until then, there may be a lower price on things though because of the planets and their new estates...

I REALLY, REALLY REALLY wish MA would make the Market Values of all deeds separated - make the Calypso Mall shops of a certain size have one MV, make apartments of one size have another, make the shops in apartment basements all be grouped together based on the number of item slots they have... if any estates were upgraded by adding TPs, etc. Have a separate MV for them... also separate the MV for stuff on Calypso, Rocktopia, CND, CP, and whatever other planets show up...

They might even go so far as to make each planet have it's own local MV, each with it's own local history... not just for estates. That could make things a bit more interesting, and probably more realistic too.

mmm market value is what people ae willing 2 pay dad simple..

i was looking 4 an appartemnt at shak lowe elavator with the japomese style windows..and looking 4 a particular view..on what at that time looked like mount fuije....well sort off ..

after 1 year found it 4 600-700 ped..as i wanted decorated it ...and now where is my view,.....gone...lol

and did ma pay us back the rent the time it wasnt available no...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/1/1/4/5/11.jpg

dam miss my old view....
just my 2 cents....

Last edited:
Or until MA just copy/pastes another bucketload of apartments as soon as they spent the 300k from the CP sale.

Well, it won't be MA, and I honestly doubt FPC will load Calypso w/ a new bunch of apts., however, I completely expect to see some new dwellings on other planets.

The prices of those will be interesting.

Well, it won't be MA, and I honestly doubt FPC will load Calypso w/ a new bunch of apts., however, I completely expect to see some new dwellings on other planets.

The prices of those will be interesting.

better first to get a good bunch of player...
And use apartement to make nice populated town..
all those desert apartement pack looks kinda lame imho...

MA/FPC should have use the VU10 to redisign those town...since anyway , many people got screwed by the way it is made now...

The need for money sometimes makes corporations do questionable stuff. Like selling off a space station right before the year-end so the books can be said to at least look semi-presentable ;)

Anyone seen MAs corporate statements from 2009 yet?

Wow, I must've been really distracted to have missed that one. Good catch. It's becoming a holiday tradition with them.

I own an apartment on CND, but, I don't mine much there anymore. Sometimes for as much as 6 months, I don't go, so...why should you want MA to take my apartment?

Seoul:scratch2:

I dont... but if you say didn't use your CND shop for maybe 1 solid year without maybe some special circumstances (maybe long vacation etc etc) itd be nice for something to be done...

IMO I think closed shops need to pay something, maybe not full price, but something... this will force people to use their estates, or at least force some people to maybe try to sell since itll be a dwindling cost.

I dont care for apartments as much as shops/booths... lots of apartments although selection can be garbage :D...

Shops and Booth deeds are more rare... and many are unused.... I understand apartments suck generally unless you enjoy a view and such and without furniture and working stuff they aren't very good....

BUT... with shops and booths its different story.

Mesh... I cant afford 10k to my knowledge Ill PM you when I get back and see if we can work something out and see about my total PED I got available... Im tempted to try 3 month shop loan with a 10-15ped payment per month depending on collateral paid... but need to check my stuff out 1st.

What I might do also is just email MA see what theyd sell one for if possible.

The reason I hate the current system is this... apartments are mostly big storages, some people trick them out... if people cant afford or dont want them no one will want furniture killing off a crafting section.

Anyways like I said... its a hard issue... I think the example from SS of OP is a clear one that the apartment should be redeemed or a fee should be paid by the owner to keep it.... 4 or 5 yrs or w/e it was is silly... or a warning message...

Anyways they would need to give people heads up and give everyone time to decide.... cant just announce it.... MA should make better booth areas... like TP landing in the middle of like 10-20 booths.... some of the booth areas are just as annoying to get to.

IMO I think closed shops need to pay something, maybe not full price, but something... this will force people to use their estates, or at least force some people to maybe try to sell since itll be a dwindling cost.

It is because my shop on CND has a monthly fee that I am not using it.
As there are no customers around on CND I can't make enough profit to pay the fee.

So, the exact opposite, removing fees, would actually increase the activity.

Here is a challenge - if you have an apartment that you're not using and you want to sell it - list it for TT+250 PEDs with no buyout and let the free market decide the price.

...I estimate that particular apartment will go between 550-650 ped... minimum.

This apartment auction (TI Silver 9F) is scheduled to finish in a little over 30 minutes... It will be interesting to see how the free market responds to thoreau's challenge. :D

<Currently at TT+454.99>

This is a fascinating example of the free market in full effect, as the bidding is STILL going on...

I'll post a full report once it is complete. :popcorn:

7 Day Auction:

Treasure Island, Silver Building, Apartment 9F
Start Bid: TT+0.99 PED
Buyout: TT+1099.99 PED

Total number of bids: 73
Total number of bids occuring in the last 10 minutes of auction clock: 48

FINAL WINNING BID: TT+556.99

Majority of bids were in 1 ped increments, several which reset the 5-minute timer at the end. Interestingly enough, the person who won stayed with the auction the entire time through all these bids.
<note, I made no bids, I just watched>

456 / 457 / 458 / 460 / 461 / 465 / 466 / 467 / 468 / 469 / 470 / 471 / 472 / 473 / 474 / 475 / 476 / 477 / 478 / 479 / 480 / 481 / 482 / 483 / 485 / 486 / 487 / 488 / 489 / 490 / 491 / 492 / 500 / 501 / 502 / 503 / 504 / 505 / 506 / 507 / 550 / 551 / 552 / 553 / 554 / 555 / 556 / 557

I guess if you want something badly enough, you either make an appearance for the end of the auction, or take the buyout. ;)

...I estimate that particular apartment will go between 550-650 ped... minimum.

i wonder, would those in favor of "abandoned" apartments being reclaimed also agree to anything and everything in their storage being reclaimed after a certain time? if you arent using it, surely someone else could, whether it be wool, gazz, a Vigi Harness, a AS129, a EMT 2500 bp or anything.

i wonder, would those in favor of "abandoned" apartments being reclaimed also agree to anything and everything in their storage being reclaimed after a certain time? if you arent using it, surely someone else could, whether it be wool, gazz, a Vigi Harness, a AS129, a EMT 2500 bp or anything.

same with ped :D

same with ped :D

:eek:
There are abandoned PEDs ingame?!
:mad:
That is just cruel!
They feel lonely and scared if they do not see a trade terminal at least twice a day :D

Generally speaking, gazz, Vigi, and other items (or items similar to those) still drop in game. If you want a Vigi harness you can go hunt for it.

Of course, Imp Faps and other 'unique' or rare items don't fall into that group - but then again I'm not sure those types of items were designed to be owned by most players.

It seems that apartments, due to the sheer number of them and how they were released, were designed to be owned by most of the players.

If you want an apartment you can't just go hunt for one. They don't drop in loot.

FPC should at least release those apartments that are still under their control. There is no good reason that Marcus should still have apartments in his possession.

Back